Author Topic: Smalltalk  (Read 179252 times)

Offline VacuumTan

• Exwire
  • 天使の笑顔も崩れてさ
Re: Smalltalk
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 08:49:49 PM »
^ There's a lot of stuff supported by the church, it seems... like, really, a lot. But, wow, Kindergarten being obligatory (even if it's just for a year). And if it's expensive, too...

Well, about the extra classes: there are basically two types of them.

Additional classes/courses are classes that you have to take over the course of a few years to make up for grade 13, which they declared unnecessary several years ago. Those classes are after school, however, they're usually pretty fun things to do- sports or music or multi-media-stuff... basically, it's like clubs, only with a teacher. Just to fulfill some sort of quota. It's idiotic.

Supplementary classes/courses are mandatory classes you have to take once your grades in crucial subjects drop too low. Basically, it's a teacher you know tutoring you for free. Those are okay, I guess. It's good for repeating things from previous years and filling in the gaps.

And then, there's cram school lessons. Those aren't provided by the school, and you have to pay for them. At heart, it's keeping your from flunking through. Anyways. You get together in a small group (or you're alone with only a teacher) at an independent place and then go over stuff. It's basically like the supplementary classes, only that it's a private thing and that they pay even closer attention to how much you mess up.
Cram school fees are pretty darn expensive, though.

But yeah, that's what I'm up against.
As if to spite this hateful world, I decided to love it.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »
^ There's a lot of stuff supported by the church, it seems... like, really, a lot. But, wow, Kindergarten being obligatory (even if it's just for a year). And if it's expensive, too...

That year of Kindergarten is used to make sure kids get to Elementary School knowing how to write and read properly.

Well, it's more like the Church taking advantage of the State not being able to cover the demand of parents who need to send their kids to school + parents who would rather pay some extra money rather have their kids attending a school which roof isn't solid, lack heaters, etc... (the conditions of some Public Schools are really poor) so they subvention Church owned schools (aka, they relieve them from paying the teachers' salaries and building bills) as a way of making them less expensive (around half the price of a Fully Private School).

Additional classes/courses are classes that you have to take over the course of a few years to make up for grade 13, which they declared unnecessary several years ago. Those classes are after school, however, they're usually pretty fun things to do- sports or music or multi-media-stuff... basically, it's like clubs, only with a teacher. Just to fulfil some sort of quota. It's idiotic.

I definitely didn't have that at school. We do have it at University, it's organized by the Students Centre but they are not obligatory and are open to non-students as well.

Supplementary classes/courses are mandatory classes you have to take once your grades in crucial subjects drop too low. Basically, it's a teacher you know tutoring you for free. Those are okay, I guess. It's good for repeating things from previous years and filling in the gaps.

We didn't have that thing about grades going too low, if someone's grades are too low, the worst that can happen is that the teacher might call the kid's parent to ask if there is some sort of problem at home. Some teachers at my school would give what they called "Consult Classes" during after school hours for whoever who was interested in going asking something they didn't understand in class.

And then, there's cram school lessons. Those aren't provided by the school, and you have to pay for them. At heart, it's keeping your from flunking through. Anyways. You get together in a small group (or you're alone with only a teacher) at an independent place and then go over stuff. It's basically like the supplementary classes, only that it's a private thing and that they pay even closer attention to how much you mess up.
Cram school fees are pretty darn expensive, though.

That sounds a bit like what we call "Support Classes", which are classes dictated by a private teacher.

He/she sets the fee and if the classes are individual or group.

I gave some support classes for free to a bunch of schoolmates of mine who couldn't afford a teacher and needed help with Chemistry.

Offline Midori no Neko

• Junior Second Class
  • Just another cat on the internet.
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »
My cat and dog didn't grow up together, and have always been tense around each other, but the other day I found them asleep on the coach together.  :'( sweet little dears

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »
^ You mean right next to other?

That's pretty cool. My cats won't even do that (they're all kinda asocial for some reason :/).

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »
I recently got two new kittens. The one we thought would be the most reserved actually purrs the most (and he's getting fat too. He's already much bigger than his sister).

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 05:23:04 AM »
So, last tuesday, i go the day free at the printing house and since my next class was in the evening I decided to try walk upo to the Buddhist Dojo in the city I'm studying at.

I walked more than 2 km just not to find it because fucking diagonal streets I always get lost in them. You don't have a clue of how much my feet hurt since I didn't have a my sport trainers on.

Offline VacuumTan

• Exwire
  • 天使の笑顔も崩れてさ
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 05:45:30 PM »
I do believe I fell in love, somehow with a good friend I've had for six years.

It's not big of a deal and all, but it's a first for me, with those disgusting feelings. I don't want them. He won't want me.
But this bull-crap won't go away. I'm an airhead anyways, I know that- yet I can't pay attention to anything anymore, I'm losing sleep, I'm feeling sick to my stomach, I'm more on edge than usual and overall, I feel like a mess.
I can't talk to my mom, because she dislikes my crush a lot, my best friend only knows about unrequited love (the downside of most guys being straight, I guess), my other close friends have never been like this and I'm driving myself nuts.

So, yeah, had to get that load off of my heart into the orbit of the internet. Well, at least I still have a month left until he returns from exchange.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »
^  I understand that a little bit :/
I fell in love with a friend of mine. He liked me but he was caught choosing who to ask out between me and another girl, and he chose her. I think I may have been in a little depression for the first three months after that.
First and only crush to this day.
It took us quite a while to get over the awkwardness and just be friends again. Even now it can be awkward though.
My mom dislikes him, too, but that's more because of issues she had as a teenager, so she doesn't trust people, more-so guys, very well.
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline VacuumTan

• Exwire
  • 天使の笑顔も崩れてさ
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
^ That... sucks. A lot.  I'm sorry.
But getting along awkwardly... doesn't this stuff cool down? Ever?

My crush surrounds himself with a lot of girls, and they're all cuter and prettier than me (not to say that they are at least kind of girlish), but they've all always nudged me towards him, as if they believed that we would be the ones to work out. I've always ignored that as them not getting that we just got along well as friends, but... in retrospect, I might have liked him since a while longer than I would like to admit. I just never understood it, thus far.

But the only thing really discouraging me is that I had a conversation with him when one of those "they're not my friends, but they're still here"-people told him that one of the girls most supportive of him liked him.
He told me that he didn't like emotional relationships like the ones girls want. On the other hand, according to him, men only want sex. Thinking about it, it sounds like he wants to believe in stereotypes and nothing else. No one can recite their own opinion like that- a (actually kinda cool) teacher at our school had said pretty much the same, so...
I'll try getting into that thick, moronic skull. Screw the rules, at least I have cheap-ass feelings.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »
You need to relax a bit, Vacuum. I know it's hard dealing with right now, but you need to remember that he, and you, isn't that old. Boys in their mid-teens are very immature and can have a hard time reaching the emotional level of their girl counterparts. You should try to take it easy until you see him again. There's nothing you can do about it right now, right?

Oh, and 'cute' and 'girly' isn't necessarily what a boy is looking for in a girl.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2013, 07:06:53 PM »
^^ Meh. It's life I guess.
Maybe it does just on the person/people involved.

You need to relax a bit, Vacuum. I know it's hard dealing with right now, but you need to remember that he, and you, isn't that old. Boys in their mid-teens are very immature and can have a hard time reaching the emotional level of their girl counterparts. You should try to take it easy until you see him again. There's nothing you can do about it right now, right?

Oh, and 'cute' and 'girly' isn't necessarily what a boy is looking for in a girl.

I agree with that.

I wear men's clothing and don't do very ''girly'' things and I've still been asked out. When he kept asking I even threw him to the ground. Not hard enough to hurt, of course, but it got the message across
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »
Ok, so, since we are on the topic of romance...

There is this guy throwing his fucking galgos at me and he is really nice and I really like talking to him and he is the first dude to show this kind of interest in me (there is no doubt, he told me in the face he likes me in that sense) but I dunno...

Because I added him to Facebook and he has all this pages about Atheism... and not the good ones... he has the ones where people go to boast on how marvellous and great and superior they are because they don't believe in God... Oh! and he denies global warming...

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 12:28:24 AM »
^ That's an odd combination.

But yeah, maybe you should try and find out where he stands in that. There are different levels of 'fanatism', so it's possible he's posting those things online but doesn't really care about them that much in real life. Or he's really arrogant about it, and then you should probably think twice, especially if you are religious yourself (don't know if you are).

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2013, 01:16:47 AM »
I'm on a grey area about religion...

I grew up in a Catholic family, went to a Catholic school... I'm baptised and took Communion... but... somewhere around teenagerhood I just lost it, like I'm the kind to get really deep into stuff and I noticed the core of the teachings of the Church isn't really that nice and loving.

It didn't help that around that time my country broke into the debate about the "Equal Marriage" law (that in the end was passed down and approved) and the TV either showed "GLBT Pride walks" or angry Catholics.

So whatever, I had a period of "I'm atheist but fuck my atheist mum just converted into Catholicism so I better shut up or my homophobic brother will beat me for speaking good on gays". Then I had my good teenager rebellion in the form of "I don't care about the world". Then I went for feminism. Then I realized the loudest feminist were very, very paranoid or had a some sort of sworn hate against males or seemed to think the only way for women to be equal to men was to act like men and I was like "I'm out, you just fucked a really great thing".

And now I'm trying to convert to Buddhism (see a post above to see how much I fail).

He sounds too much "intelligent" to be really that obtuse. I think he is just not totally out of being a teenager yet (he is like 18, men take longer to leave that phase than girls I understand) so he is showing out...

I wanna speak face to face with him but ever heard of how much university can kill your social life? (it doesn't help we are on different careers so we don't get to be on the same class).

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:22:47 AM by HeavenlyArcher »

Offline Midori no Neko

• Junior Second Class
  • Just another cat on the internet.
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 03:31:08 AM »
My family was driving up to a spot to hike last weekend when we drove past a rattlesnake. It was full grown, and agitated, but it wasn't rattling, which was really wierd. (we all knew for sure it was a rattlesnake, as we've encountered them before.)
Im just glad I don't live in other parts of the US, where poisenous snakes are far greater in number. Im also glad we ran into this one while in the car (we haven't been so lucky on previous occasions.)