Author Topic: Spoiler moping thread  (Read 371295 times)

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
Re: Spoiler moping thread
« Reply #1425 on: June 30, 2017, 05:39:29 AM »
Does anyone know when chapter 92 comes out? We got chapter 91 earlier than usual, but that isn't normally on the 4th?

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #1426 on: June 30, 2017, 07:49:16 AM »
Does anyone know when chapter 92 comes out? We got chapter 91 earlier than usual, but that isn't normally on the 4th?

The 3rd, I believe. Not much longer.  ;D

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #1427 on: June 30, 2017, 03:28:31 PM »
I guess next month we should have at least 2 major progress
a. The consequence of the demon's attack
b. The consequence of Lightning's attack (on Drac)

With probably a few pages for the Kyoto people (Yumi doesn't want Konoko leave, etc...)

Therefore we may have very little progress of the main characters (probably except the cliffhanger at the end)

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #1428 on: June 30, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »
I guess next month we should have at least 2 major progress
a. The consequence of the demon's attack
b. The consequence of Lightning's attack (on Drac)

With probably a few pages for the Kyoto people (Yumi doesn't want Konoko leave, etc...)

Therefore we may have very little progress of the main characters (probably except the cliffhanger at the end)

Well, they can't draw it out too much if they plan on finishing at about 25 volumes.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #1429 on: June 30, 2017, 08:27:56 PM »
^ The author of Dragon Ball intended to end it after they collected the balls for the first time.

Things don't always go as planned, is what I'm saying.

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #1430 on: June 30, 2017, 09:28:39 PM »
^ The author of Dragon Ball intended to end it after they collected the balls for the first time.

Things don't always go as planned, is what I'm saying.

Yes. I know, but this has the feel of coming to a close soon. I don't know. Could just be me.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #1431 on: June 30, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »
^ We're only on volume 20. With five chapters on average per volume, ending in volume 25 would mean only 25 more chapters. The main arcs in this manga have ranged from 6 to 18 chapters. At the most dense packing, that'd allocate 1-3 arcs with barely any interstitial arcs. It could work if the plot focuses on Shiemi/Takara/Blue Night conspiracy. Leaves no room for Renzou/Illuminati internals.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #1432 on: July 01, 2017, 12:39:10 AM »
^ We're only on volume 20. With five chapters on average per volume, ending in volume 25 would mean only 25 more chapters. The main arcs in this manga have ranged from 6 to 18 chapters. At the most dense packing, that'd allocate 1-3 arcs with barely any interstitial arcs. It could work if the plot focuses on Shiemi/Takara/Blue Night conspiracy. Leaves no room for Renzou/Illuminati internals.

And to say I said the exact same thing on reddit to someone who wanted to know if there was an ending xD
But ye, we will most likely go over 25 volumes, with every loose plot we have right now.

I hope so. I'd hate for it to end. 20 comes out in October. /growl, so far away...

Offline tandem

« Reply #1433 on: July 06, 2017, 05:11:21 AM »
Her twitter about chapter 92:

https://twitter.com/katohhhhhh/status/882118732792737792

新章への導入章 = Introduction to new chapter
(But with a question mark...)

プロローグ = prologue

始まりました = started

Offline Stella96

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #1434 on: July 06, 2017, 05:37:35 AM »
Her twitter about chapter 92:

https://twitter.com/katohhhhhh/status/882118732792737792

新章への導入章 = Introduction to new chapter
(But with a question mark...)

プロローグ = prologue

始まりました = started

It has sense that a new story arc begins, now that Lightning has been arrested.
I bet this arc will be dedicated to Yukio dark part development, and probably some new contact with Lucifer could happen during next chapters.

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #1435 on: July 21, 2017, 10:05:59 AM »
Even though I love Yukio, I hope he isn't going to get too much spotlight in the next few chapters. Seeing him constantly agonize over his past I'm afraid will get boring after awhile. I get that this is part of his spiral towards the Illuminati, but we have other subplots that need development, like Lightning and Drac's conflict and Shiemi's secret.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #1436 on: July 21, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
-I- hope Kato-sama's not reading.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #1437 on: July 21, 2017, 03:00:14 PM »
Yeah, Yukio is crashing in on every plot thread like the Kool-aid Man. But I don't think I could get bored again with AoEx unless Kato resurrected Gedouin and started showing his face in every other panel again.

I think Yukio's plot-thread will wrap up fast and/or connect back to Renzou, paralleling Lightning's arrest by the Order and attempt to pursue Drac. I'm gonna bet that Drac is actually not and Illuminati spy, and that the real spy is either one of the Grigori or maybe Arthur under a spell?

Shiemi's secret though... that's gonna be dragged out, ain't it? Sigh.

Although considering the anime, I always thought Shiemi's connection to Neuhaus' wife seemed weird, almost as if she was suddenly not an exorcist (and Rin was suddenly angry, almost as if something bad had happened to him *cough* Yukio defecting *cough*). Maybe Shiemi's secret will tie to Neuhaus?

Either way, this manga is heating up and I am on the edge of my seat for the next chapter! 1.5-2 weeks to go, depending on if spoilers are leaked.

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #1438 on: July 21, 2017, 05:06:51 PM »
^If Drac isn't the spy, then why would Lightning prosecute him? He has that mark on his neck that Lightning knew about but didn't bother to tell the audience what it was, maybe that's the key. One of the Grigori being the tratior would be shocking. Maybe it was that nephilim that sympathized with Lucifer and that's how he got the elixir research?

Yeah, the whole Shiemi Neuhaus's wife thing was weird. We still don't know what he's doing in there. 

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #1439 on: July 29, 2017, 04:13:34 AM »
This is gonna be a really long seven days, ain't it? I'm pretty sure we'll get spoilers before next Friday but the wait is killing me.