Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145036 times)

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
I don't know if this is crack or not but... these pages:

(click to show/hide)

always gave me the impression that it was Mephisto who sent Uchusma towards Rin...

I mean, he shows a certain degree of surprise but I think it had to do with the way Rin used Uchusmas power, more than with the fact Uchusma popped up.

Second part of my crack idea: Uchusma never left Rin, he is still within the Kurikara and will pop up next time Rin needs an extra burst.

Offline Paradox

• Intermediate Second Class
  • "Despite everything, it's still you."
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 08:13:02 PM »
Second part of my crack idea: Uchusma never left Rin, he is still within the Kurikara and will pop up next time Rin needs an extra burst.
That would be cool! But didn't Ucchasma say it leaves Rin now?
I also think, Karura is still inside Bon.

Offline Chewy

• Eevees rock X3
  • Page
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 12:08:17 AM »
Random theory my brother brought up while watching episode 15...
...He said he thinks Takara is Satan....
This is brilliant
(click to show/hide)
A picture my friend drew of me and my twin cos-playing as the Okumura twins, also for a fanfic called 'Blue Exorcist New World'

Top Four Characters (Not in order):
Yukio Okumura, Saburota Toudou, Mephisto Pheles, Renzou Shima

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »
Random theory my brother brought up while watching episode 15...
...He said he thinks Takara is Satan....
This is brilliant

Your brother and me must be connected... I thought the same, Satan or maybe another demon king?

Offline Kristen_SK

• Page
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 05:02:39 AM »
Of course! Shiro and Satan are actually the same person, only one is good and wants to protect his son, while the other is evil. Mephisto is Lightning's alter ego moved to earth, and Amaimon is Demon!Angel (I'm going by intelligence here ;D).

Interesting, but if Gehenna and Assiah were always mirrored right down to their inhabitants, how would it work when demons live so much longer than humans?  I mean, we know Mephisto alone has been around at least 200 years.  With this theory would a new human counterpart for each demon come along in each generation?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »
This wasn't even meant as a crack theory, but I just love it. xD

I just hope it doesn't end with Rin and Yukio being the same person just spilt in 2 and they become one to defeat Satan making Shimei the default girl, I like the way Rinzumo is going I hope it doesn't get ruined.

Well, it would solve Shiemi's problems, wouldn't it? :P But yeah, pulling a stunt like that would put me off, too. And not because it would ruin the shipping.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 04:34:18 AM »
(I split off some of the posts here to make a thread about Mythology.)

Another MF theory:

am i the only one who thinks takara is the spirit king?

I think Takara being a Demon King is a bit much, though he could be an important demon. Then again, what would they want with Izumo? I don't believe the theory that she's a demon...

Offline weazulgrl

• Maniacal Mustelid
  • Exwire
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 04:19:42 AM »
here's something I came up with when my insomnia was acting up REALLY bad to the point I unsucessfully tried to drink myself to sleep and when that failed I decided to come up with extremely late night drunk crack theories...

this is copypasted from how I typed it up on tvtropes:
Pure crack theory here, but the thought came to me the other day... Okay, so we know that Rin has inherited Satan's powers, but imagine what if it was more than just Satan's powers Rin inherited? What if Satan had planned to create a vessel for him to exist in Assiah but the process resulted in him being born in Rin's body but no memory of before? After all, how much indication do we have that in the manga canon Satan has been directly involved with most of the events occurring after Rin and Yukio were born? Yes, I know we have Satan showing up in the opening chapter... but the theory I have deals with that, too. If this crack theory was correct the fact that Satan would essentially be missing would probably be something that would get covered up by the few that know, either out of loyalty or to manipulate the situation to their benefit (or both, after all, they are demons).

Now, it's implied that Satan did have other kids as some of what Amaimon says indicates he is one, and possible all of the Princes of Hell may be as well (that's assuming he's not speaking symbolically and that the title of Prince of Hell has to do with parentage instead of power), so why wouldn't any of Satan's other kids have any of his power while one of the kids he had with a human woman wind up with it? Everyone assumes that Rin and Yukio are fraternal twins instead of identical ones, but what if Satan had a plan to create a body that could allow him to exist in Assiah by getting a human woman pregnant and in the process of development the plan was to create identical twins but manipulate it so one was mostly human and the other being mostly demon, with that one being the one that would become his vessel.

Plans like that tend to be a bit more complicated than they seem however, and somehow Rin didn't wind up with any of the memories of his existence as Satan. Perhaps something about being shoved into the existence of a fetus had to do with it or the sealing of the blue flames after being born. Maybe it was even some other odd factor or a combination of factors, but somehow that happened. It's almost certain that Mephisto had a hand in sealing Rin's blue flames and we know he's a tricky, manipulative one, so what if he guessed what Satan's plan was as well. He's the type who would like to create a figurehead leader who he could manipulate so maybe he had an active hand in those memories not transferring, intentionally sealing them away in the Kurikara along with the blue flames.

And as for the whole incident where Satan possessed Shiro Fujimoto, perhaps the whole thing had as much to do with the seal on the sword weakening as much as it had and Rin's state of mind having found out he wasn't fully human as Shiro's reaction to Rin's words and the power and memories sealed in the Kurikara possessed him in their attempt to make the original plan work and awaken Rin/himself properly. And perhaps something in how the power was sealed in the Kurikara made Rin releasing it himself cause only the physical awakening without any of the memories awakening as well. Again, this could be by Mephisto's design, betting on the humanity he'd gained living without any knowledge of his past existence would cause him to draw the sword himself rather than have his awakening be forced by another power.

And as for Rin, there's the question on his personality in the case he was unknowingly Satan. Is his personality simply the result of living 15 years as a human or is there some of his original personality as Satan involved as well. If you go with the Satan as a fallen angel belief you could guess perhaps some of Rin's personality comes from how Satan was before his pride got the better of him and he was punished for it. And the question begs to be asked, if he ever gets his memories as Satan back which personality would be the most dominant one, the one of Satan, subduing the personality of Rin, or would his current personality be enough to affect his old one for the better.

Now there's the multiple possibilities in Mephisto's role in the whole thing. Did he know Satan's plans from the start? If so did Satan let him know or did he find out enough to make him guess what was going on. Does he want to create a Satan 2.0 to manipulate to his own whims, does he want to work it out so Satan is going to owe him one, or does he like Assiah enough to want to set it up so Gehenna is lead by someone who would be better at keeping demons in line (while being able to manipulate them to his own whims).
weazulgrl.tumblr.com
kageitachi.deviantart.com
weasyl.com/profile/weazul
Mugetsu Ookamiza on Gaia Online

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 05:42:29 AM »
Remember that first chapter when Fujimoto gave Rin the mobile phone and told him there was only one number in it, that it was the number of a friend who would help him?

And then, after the funeral, Rin rings the number and Mephisto pops up and we all assume he was the friend Fujimoto was speaking about. But, in truth, none ever answered Rin's call.

So, I was thinking, what if it wasn't Mephisto's number in the phone? Sure he popped up right after Rin ringed and he was holding his mobile to his ear (if memory doesn't fail me) but so what? He is the freaking King of Time and Space and can freaking be in two places at the same time and not be seen if he doesn't want to, plus, there had been a funeral, so Fujimoto's death had already been reported so he knew Rin or Yukio would eventually have to go to him since he was the only other person who knew the secret.

Ok, I know what you are thinking, whose number could it have been if not Mephisto's?

I have come up with 3 options:

1 - Shura, she knew Yukio, and Fujimoto had already manifested his desire of her being the one to teach Rin how to handle Kurikara. Problem with this theory: Fujimoto and Shura weren't in talking terms so we don't know if he kept going with that plan after she refused.

2 - Tatsuma Suguro, he was really comprehensive about Rin being Satan's son (aka, he didn't give a shit and invited him to chop watermelon and talk about Bon being a jerk), he already knew Fujimoto and has knowledge of Kurikara.

3 - Someone we don't know (yet) and who never got to know of Fujimoto's will to have him take care of Rin and Yukio.

I mean, I have a hard time seeing Mephisto as a villain if Fujimoto deemed him a friend so I thought this.

Onto how Mephisto got the call instead of the intended person:

A) He changed the number in Fujimoto's phone to his own.

B) Killed the person intended to get the call (in option's 3 case) and took the phone.

C) Since Rin never gets to actually speak on the phone, maybe Mephisto was monitoring the line/was watching hiding somewhere and when he saw Rin dial the number he just appeared before the intended person answered the phone so Rin just hanged before the person answered.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:07:38 PM by HeavenlyArcher »

Offline themoonlandian

• Intermediate First Class
  • I'm a tree
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:13 AM »
here's something I came up with when my insomnia was acting up REALLY bad to the point I unsucessfully tried to drink myself to sleep and when that failed I decided to come up with extremely late night drunk crack theories...

Pure crack theory here, but the thought came to me the other day... Okay, so we know that Rin has inherited Satan's powers, but imagine what if it was more than just Satan's powers Rin inherited? What if Satan had planned to create a vessel for him to exist in Assiah but the process resulted in him being born in Rin's body but no memory of before? After all, how much indication do we have that in the manga canon Satan has been directly involved with most of the events occurring after Rin and Yukio were born? Yes, I know we have Satan showing up in the opening chapter... but the theory I have deals with that, too. If this crack theory was correct the fact that Satan would essentially be missing would probably be something that would get covered up by the few that know, either out of loyalty or to manipulate the situation to their benefit (or both, after all, they are demons).

Now, it's implied that Satan did have other kids as some of what Amaimon says indicates he is one, and possible all of the Princes of Hell may be as well (that's assuming he's not speaking symbolically and that the title of Prince of Hell has to do with parentage instead of power), so why wouldn't any of Satan's other kids have any of his power while one of the kids he had with a human woman wind up with it? Everyone assumes that Rin and Yukio are fraternal twins instead of identical ones, but what if Satan had a plan to create a body that could allow him to exist in Assiah by getting a human woman pregnant and in the process of development the plan was to create identical twins but manipulate it so one was mostly human and the other being mostly demon, with that one being the one that would become his vessel.

Plans like that tend to be a bit more complicated than they seem however, and somehow Rin didn't wind up with any of the memories of his existence as Satan. Perhaps something about being shoved into the existence of a fetus had to do with it or the sealing of the blue flames after being born. Maybe it was even some other odd factor or a combination of factors, but somehow that happened. It's almost certain that Mephisto had a hand in sealing Rin's blue flames and we know he's a tricky, manipulative one, so what if he guessed what Satan's plan was as well. He's the type who would like to create a figurehead leader who he could manipulate so maybe he had an active hand in those memories not transferring, intentionally sealing them away in the Kurikara along with the blue flames.

And as for the whole incident where Satan possessed Shiro Fujimoto, perhaps the whole thing had as much to do with the seal on the sword weakening as much as it had and Rin's state of mind having found out he wasn't fully human as Shiro's reaction to Rin's words and the power and memories sealed in the Kurikara possessed him in their attempt to make the original plan work and awaken Rin/himself properly. And perhaps something in how the power was sealed in the Kurikara made Rin releasing it himself cause only the physical awakening without any of the memories awakening as well. Again, this could be by Mephisto's design, betting on the humanity he'd gained living without any knowledge of his past existence would cause him to draw the sword himself rather than have his awakening be forced by another power.

And as for Rin, there's the question on his personality in the case he was unknowingly Satan. Is his personality simply the result of living 15 years as a human or is there some of his original personality as Satan involved as well. If you go with the Satan as a fallen angel belief you could guess perhaps some of Rin's personality comes from how Satan was before his pride got the better of him and he was punished for it. And the question begs to be asked, if he ever gets his memories as Satan back which personality would be the most dominant one, the one of Satan, subduing the personality of Rin, or would his current personality be enough to affect his old one for the better.

Now there's the multiple possibilities in Mephisto's role in the whole thing. Did he know Satan's plans from the start? If so did Satan let him know or did he find out enough to make him guess what was going on. Does he want to create a Satan 2.0 to manipulate to his own whims, does he want to work it out so Satan is going to owe him one, or does he like Assiah enough to want to set it up so Gehenna is lead by someone who would be better at keeping demons in line (while being able to manipulate them to his own whims).

You need to seriously fanfiction that. I need to read it XD

-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 06:03:46 AM »
Remember that first chapter when Fujimoto gave Rin the mobile phone and told him there was only one number in it, that it was the number of a friend who would help him?

And then, after the funeral, Rin rings the number and Mephisto pops up and we all assume he was the friend Fujimoto was speaking about. But, in truth, none ever answered Rin's call.

So, I was thinking, what if it wasn't Mephisto's number in the phone? Sure he popped up right after Rin ringed and he was holding his mobile to his ear (if memory doesn't fail me) but so what? He is the freaking King of Time and Space and can freaking be in two places at the same time and not be seen if he doesn't want to, plus, there had been a funeral, so Fujimoto's death had already been reported so he knew Rin or Yukio would eventually have to go to him since he was the only other person who knew the secret.

Wow. That's actually a really good theory. You're right, he never mentioned the name. :o

It would be a real shocker if Rin would try and use the phone later (I'm assuming he's still got it), and realise that the number in there isn't actually Mephisto's...

Also, I can't believe you found a way to make Mephisto seem ever creepier. xD

Offline weazulgrl

• Maniacal Mustelid
  • Exwire
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 06:15:01 AM »

You need to seriously fanfiction that. I need to read it XD
I'd try, but I really don't think my writing skills at this point in time are up to writing something like that well enough to do it justice. if my skills weren't just working in spurts or I was at the level I was at before I was hospitalized with e. coli food poisoning (causing kidney failure and sepsis) I'd give it a try, but I'm still learning to compensate for the little changes to how my brain works when it comes to writing now. (at least I was lucky enough it's only smallish things got affected, shiga toxins produced by e. coli can sometimes cause noticeable brain damage.)
weazulgrl.tumblr.com
kageitachi.deviantart.com
weasyl.com/profile/weazul
Mugetsu Ookamiza on Gaia Online

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 05:00:14 PM »
I love this theory!! It's not necessarily true but super interesting anyway... so many possibilities.

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 05:10:01 PM »
^ But still, many of us have wondered why Shiro would trust him. He doesn't seem like a person/demon you'd entrust your life to.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 11:07:01 PM »
^ Or your kid's life.

On the other hand, Mephisto is almost certainly the one who sealed Rin's powers, and Shiro had no problem sending Yukio there. So he must have trusted him at least somewhat.