Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145044 times)

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #720 on: January 07, 2018, 06:58:49 AM »
And, once Rin's demonic heart will be out of him, Rin would be left "empty" BUT, after all the training with his flame power over the months, he'll be capable to sustain an even stronger flame power (Satan's) along with his (Satan's) demonic heart (if he got one?). So this is what Satan could mean by wanting to make Rin a vessel for himself? This is why Mephisto worked hard to train Rin for?

Ooooh I think you're onto something! Maybe the reason Satan can't just possess Rin is that Rin's body is currently "occupied" -- maybe this is Satan's plan:
  • Break the sword so Rin's body will absorb all the flames. The body will be put under strain and either die or adapt.
  • Once the body adapts, destroy Rin's demon heart, which will "kill" Rin AKA the current personality/mind of the body.
  • Possess Rin's now-empty body.

Now, I assume that Mephisto proposed to Satan that Rin's body was incapable of handling Satan's power all at once and offered to train Rin to strengthen the vessel before breaking the sword. Satan was pleased with Samael holding up his end of the bargain, so he broke Kurikara. Now Satan has to wait and see if Rin's body won't disintegrate, and then it's just a matter of destroying Rin's demon heart.

Then there's Lucifer's plan. I remember that the phrasing was they are using the immortals to "prepare" Satan's body. At first I thought they meant building it, but they could also be developing to materials to reinforce an existing scaffold. Rin, or perhaps Yukio, but I'm doubtful on the latter right now.

... Yikes to all of this.

Are we sure that no one else could hear Satan other than Amaimon and the twins?

I think only demons can hear/sense Satan right now (Mephisto reacts too). My circumstantial basis for this is how when Yukio started hearing the voice in chapter 93, nobody around him reacted. Also, I don't think Satan's speaking in a physical way because Satan is literally just an eye... ball... (oh frig I just realized the eyeball werewolf card for Satan is essentially Yukio's left eye JFC IT WAS IN FRONT OF US THE WHOLE TIME)... but anyway, literally just an eyeball right now.

If this is not disproved in the next two chapters by the Exwires commenting on how they heard Satan's little speech, the difficulty is in reconciling how Yukio could hear Satan in his mind when Yukio doesn't have any known telepathic ability. The only prior instance is his near-death shout to Rin back in Kyoto.

So, wait, then do you think it's possible the first time Rin heard Yukio that connection "unlocked" but Satan took over it the moment after so they (Yukio and Rin) weren't able to communicate anymore?

Maybe? It's so hard to figure out the series of events. Heck, I'm even wondering if Satan could always see out of Yukio's left eye and not just when the eyes change. Satan said that he'd been seeing Rin here and there, and Yukio has never looked at Rin with the active blue eyes until now.

My guess is Yukio had (or still has) the potential to be a full half-demon like Rin. Like he got the basic inheritance or genes that link back to Satan, but didn't actually get the demon heart/flames. The process was stopped or failed partway because he was weak/and or something was done to him. Remember Shiro could have just said originally in ch1 to Rin when he asked about Yukio, that there were never any flames involved with Yukio to begin with.
Instead he says his weak body couldn't take them or whatever, so he remained human and didn't inherit them. That implied there were flames there for Yukio at first, but failed to get to him. That's why I think it's both a yes an no that Yukio inherited the flames. His body has the inheritance factor, so he's got the basic blueprint for it, but he didn't inherit it since the flames never came all the way. It could be permanent damage and that it was a one chance to get it right at birth. That would mean Yukio would always have this link to Satan only in the eye(s). Or it's not permanent and there's a way to correct it with Lucifer's methods. That's something at this point we need to wait and see.

Interesting! That would definitely explain why Lucifer talked about Yukio's power being there the entire time.

I almost wonder if Satan parasitizing Yukio's eyes would block that inheritance from happening. I mean, if my pet theory that Satan has protected Yukio from getting possessed by any other demon is true, then the same could apply to any inherent demon power that was his. Darn it, now I have to go back to chapter 3 and reread how parasitization works. Reading happier times with the twins hurts my heart.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #721 on: January 07, 2018, 01:48:07 PM »
His control is limited to purely the flames through one small point in Yukio's left eye (though looks like the flames can spread to the right, I wonder why)
I think that might be an evidence that at least part of the flame is Yukio's, not all belongs to Satan. His right eye still stay round shape while the left eye became the narrow demon form. Looks like it's to emphasize his right eye is all human --- namely it's 100% Yukio's. So the flame in his right eye probably is Yukio's flame.

Are we sure that no one else could hear Satan other than Amaimon and the twins?
We aren't sure yet, but I kept wondering that too. There was no 'What's that voice?' or similar from the exwires
Are they close enough? In chapter 96 they can't hear what the twin was talking about. Plus there is the huge helicopter noise. I don't expect they can hear what Rin, Yukio, or Satan talking before the helicopter left.

Such as Kuro's meow which Rin understands in "human" language. I mean, Yukio can hear Kuro's meow but only Rin can understand what Kuro's "saying".

But it looks like Yukio CAN understand what Satan says.
That's not a problem. There are many demons who can talk in human language. Kuro just ... need to study more I guess.

I don't really think Rin has use any kind of telepathy from any demon. If that's the case, there's the problem why he can't communicate with some demons like Shiemi's Nee? I think Rin just can understand Kuro's meow "cat language". We didn't see he communicate with Kuro from a distance, and he definitely talks to Kuro by his mouth.

so he broke Kurikara. Now Satan has to wait and see if Rin's body won't disintegrate, and then it's just a matter of destroying Rin's demon heart.
I wonder. How can Satan destroy Rin's heart without possessing someone first? And he just leave instead of waiting for a while to see the result. How long does he plan to wait to see Rin's result?

Then there's Lucifer's plan. I remember that the phrasing was they are using the immortals to "prepare" Satan's body. At first I thought they meant building it, but they could also be developing to materials to reinforce an existing scaffold.
I would be very disappointed if Lucifer still has to use Rin in his plan. First he just released Rin in nine-tail arc without any hesitation, which is kind of strange. Then he already collected A LOT material and he even told Toudou he'll use demon eaters in case those are not enough. The most important reason is, I think using Rin contradicts the scientific spirit of Illuminati. I think they would create Satan's vessel in a scientific way because they already have the knowledge to build perfect vessels from scratch, not to rely on something non-reproducible like Rin's body which can't scale to other case.

My circumstantial basis for this is how when Yukio started hearing the voice in chapter 93, nobody around him reacted. Also, I don't think Satan's speaking in a physical way because Satan is literally just an eye... ball...
But Yukio didn't notice it on the subway either. It could be Satan just murmur in very low volume.

I don't think producing a physical voice is impossible for ... that left eye. That's just vibration through air, which doesn't seem more difficult than emitting Gehenna fire

I almost wonder if Satan parasitizing Yukio's eyes would block that inheritance from happening.
If it's parasitism then shouldn't Yukio identify that? He seems has no idea what it is. And by parasitism it's like Satan is always there, but I think Satan isn't really confined but more like using Yukio as a "channel"

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #722 on: January 07, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
That panel stood out to me too. But it also reminded me of Yukio in a different way. Not the flaming bit, but the shape of the eyes/eyelids. Here I'm just talking about basic inheritance, not demon-y stuff. Like, 'you have your father's nose'. Remember Shura said Rin has Yuri's eyes. Yuri's eyes were more pointed and up-turned and look like Rin's. Yukio got his eyes from his human father (005) then.

Oh, yeah, that's pretty "certain", I guess. Yukio's eyes' shape totally DOES look like Goro's. Just like Rin's totally looks like Yuri's (I couldn't find better panels, ugh):

About Yuri, since we mentioned her, we still don't know much about her but we know she's "related" to Asylum/S13. Someone theorized she could be a clone too (and even a clone of Egyn 'cause of the similarity of their names) but reading the BTS arc (and, well, maybe it was easy to guess even back in chapter 85-86) I think there's proof she wasn't a clone but, I guess, just an orphan. When Lightning and Suguro were consulting the clones' lists, Yuri's name was not found in them. Lightning knows her name (he stated he read reports of the Blue Night and mentioned Yuri's name).

And, in the BTS arc, after Yukio reads the same files, he comments "I couldn't find anything [...] about Yuri Egin." Now, unless Yuri was given this name later and in the files she had a different one (I doubt this since Shiro's name didn't change, but maybe it's possible) the only other explanation I can think of is maybe Lightning DID find Yuri in those lists but he didn't put the file in the usb he gave Yukio. But I can't think of any reason for this, so. Anyway, just a random comment.

Which makes me wonder... Telepathy between demons is supposed to be a demons-only thing, right? That's why Rin can understand Kuro, or sense demons in general, and Yukio not. To be honest, I had a doubt in chapter 93 that prolly Yukio could hear Satan's voice but not understand his "language". Such as Kuro's meow which Rin understands in "human" language. I mean, Yukio can hear Kuro's meow but only Rin can understand what Kuro's "saying".

But it looks like Yukio CAN understand what Satan says. At least, from what we can get by Satan commenting about Shiemi in chapter 97 and Yukio remarking. Sooo... Yukio can understand a demon. Okay, is it a new ability he unlocked from chapter 93 too/it only works with Satan 'cause he literally lives "inside his eyes"/is it connected to a possible "blood relationship" between them which, after all, they share (even if tinier compared to Satan/Rin's)/Satan is actually "possessing" Yukio's mind (at least a part of it) too (maybe through his eyes) and that's why he can "manipulate" it like he sometimes did in old chapters (Yukio's blackouts/walking to places without realizing, and so on...)/Yukio is actually a half demon, after all?

On second thought, after reconsidering this part, I think I made confusion. I talked about telepathy but maybe this is not the "way to communicate" Satan is actually using. Humans CAN understand demons when they talk (well, I can think of Uke, Mike, the Kraken, Hachirotaro, etc.), they just can't "read the thoughts in their minds"/"communicate through their minds".

So the point is: is Satan communicating with the twins through "talking" or "telepathy"? I think this should be clarified first.

My guess is Yukio had (or still has) the potential to be a full half-demon like Rin. Like he got the basic inheritance or genes that link back to Satan, but didn't actually get the demon heart/flames. The process was stopped or failed partway because he was weak/and or something was done to him. Remember Shiro could have just said originally in ch1 to Rin when he asked about Yukio, that there were never any flames involved with Yukio to begin with.
Instead he says his weak body couldn't take them or whatever, so he remained human and didn't inherit them. That implied there were flames there for Yukio at first, but failed to get to him. That's why I think it's both a yes an no that Yukio inherited the flames. His body has the inheritance factor, so he's got the basic blueprint for it, but he didn't inherit it since the flames never came all the way. It could be permanent damage and that it was a one chance to get it right at birth. That would mean Yukio would always have this link to Satan only in the eye(s). Or it's not permanent and there's a way to correct it with Lucifer's methods. That's something at this point we need to wait and see.

*screams* I like this. And it made me think/remember of other things. I mentioned this theory before but I want to try and connect it with what you said and try to make up a new. I theorized before that Yukio's "Give me your flame." (at least based on Viz's translation) plus his general wish for power/strength and his "obsession" to be stronger than Rin could depend by the fact Yukio's own flame power was somehow "absorbed" by Rin while they were in the womb ('cause he was physically stronger), leaving Yukio with a sort of "unconscious" crave for that power he was separated from at the moment of his conception. Like, Yukio feels like something is "missing", his own power, and unconsciously craves to get it back. (and this is why he's so fixated on this, it's like an instinct)

But, considering we now know Mephisto could've been training Rin specifically to make him capable to host a huge flame power (Satan's) what if Yukio's "flame power" (which, as you said, was apparently "there for Yukio at first, but failed to get to him") was instead -purposely- transferred to only one twin (Rin, 'cause he was physically stronger) so he could be trained to endure more flames and develope a stronger "tolerance"/"resistance" to a larger amount (Satan's)?

Another one of my headcanons is that Rin possesses innatural strength (and he was able to "manifest" it even before he was "awaken" to his demonic form), while Yukio not, 'cause Rin may have inherited it by the enhanced genes of his human father. Now, I don't know if by "enhanced" Mephisto meant "a more resistant" body (to physical damages) or a body with a higher ability to regenerate (heal itself) or simply a human body capable to better armonize with demon genes or all of these. But Mephisto also added "strongest", the strongest enhanced human. Strong, as in "physically" strong?

Anyway, even if it's a combination of all these things, the result was that prolly Rin inherited a "strong enhanced" body by his human father genes (and was "powered up" by the demonic ones of Satan). While Yukio prolly didn't got those genes (or he would've manifested it somehow, either by being able to lift heavy objects, run faster, heal faster, and so on... But it looks, and the manga proved us countless time, Yukio can't do any of this (heck, his arm's been broken for 17 chapters now/a couple months in manga-time)) so, Yukio may have got a "weaker" body 'cause he didn't inherit the "enhanced" genes.

Or, and here it gets tricky, someone experimented on him and manipulated his genes on purpose to "weaken" him and, consequentially, "separate" him/making him unable to sustain his share of flame power and make it as Rin ended up being the only twin to inherit both flame powers.

Now, as you said, I wonder if by "unlocking your potential" Lucifer actually meant "doing something" to undo what 'caused Yukio to not gain access to his power and he may offer some "potion"/medical procedure to make him "unblock" his enhanced genes which would make him capable to host the flame power again.

Satan was pleased with Samael holding up his end of the bargain,

Which makes me wonder, will we now find out what was -Satan-'s end of the bargain? Maybe they're teaming up against Lucifer (since I hope this is really Mephisto's plan as he declared)?

I mean, if my pet theory that Satan has protected Yukio from getting possessed by any other demon is true,

Whhhhich makes me wonder, now that Satan got what he long wanted (break the Koma sword) what's left for him to do with Yukio? There's more he wants to do with Yukio or he may now decide to let him go or... he just can't (for now)?

I think that might be an evidence that at least part of the flame is Yukio's, not all belongs to Satan. His right eye still stay round shape while the left eye became the narrow demon form. Looks like it's to emphasize his right eye is all human --- namely it's 100% Yukio's. So the flame in his right eye probably is Yukio's flame.

Yup, this too. I understand Japanese's plurals are kinda "confusing" so there's this "eye/eyes" which is not that clear, but the fact remains that Yukio's eyes do BOTH change shape when they "activate". One is more Satan-shaped, okay, but his right one does at least turn blue/his iris change into "cat eye"-shape (similar to Rin's when he's in demonic form)/it does emit some lil flames. When Yukio covered his left eye in chapter 97 Satan said something like "don't cover me up" so it looks like Satan can only see/he's only "inside" Yukio's left eye or else he could still keep watching from Yukio's right eye. Then what about his right eye? Intriguing.

Edit: very cracky theory. What if the flames Rin can use while the sword is sheathed and the ones he can use while his sword is unsheathed are two different flames? And one of those are Yukio's?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:00:30 PM by Cloelia »

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #723 on: January 10, 2018, 08:03:55 PM »
Another theory from me to you!

Alright so this theory is going to be based off of Shiemi's character emblem. In the middle of it, we can see that around the heart is a crown of thorns. This detail has me worried because in Shura's character emblem it has the Latin phrase, "She dies young", amongst other things that symbolized her would be future had not Rin and Yukio interfered.

Which begs the question, does the crown of thorns represent that Shiemi will be placed on a cross or  become a martyr for someone's sake? I can't remember who, but I do remember in the anime that someone was put on a cross. I also remember seeing Shiemi in several pictures wearing a necklace with a cross on it (volume 3 cover art being one example).

Now how would she become a martyr or even get sentenced to death? Well, based on chapter 87, it's implied that her mother is the real traitor other than Drac. It's also heavily implied that the Moriyama family are nephilims of Shemihaza, with Shiemi's mother being the current representative. If her mother would be found out and sentenced to death, I could see Shiemi possibly taking her place.

Of course I don't think that Shiemi will actually die. She's the main heroine after all. How do I think she'll avoid death and/or prison sentence? I think Yukio will come and break her out of prison. Why? I've noticed a trend with the main trio and prison breaks. In the Impure King arc, it's Shiemi who goes to free Rin from jail. In the Beyond the Snow mini arc, it's Rin who saves Yukio. All that's left is for Shiemi to get locked up and Yukio to save her, then all of the main trio will have saved another of the main trio from prison. I think it would be a neat detail if it's actually included. Also, Yukio still very much cares for Shiemi, so I don't think he'd just let her stay in prison or die. There's also the possibility that Shiemi may have some connection to the Illuminati, so they may order her rescue.

This is a darker theory, but Kato did say the story would get darker, so....

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #724 on: January 10, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »
^ And it's already in its darker phase since the BTS arc began, I'd say. I like this theory, anyway. And since Kato-sama sometimes likes to "replay"/"recycle" certain events by changing only some details/the characters involved (something along these lines, not that I'm saying she does that 'cause she lacks ideas), I think a scenario like that could be possible. I never considered the characters' emblems.

I have a theory of my own, plus another very cracky (crazy) one I'm putting down on my block notes these days and will post later.

This is the less cracky one: the Illuminati may plan to kill exorcists who interfere with the opening of the Artificial Gate/try to obstacolate the demons coming out of it so I suspect Angel could be in danger. One step back. Remember Angel being positively impressed by Yukio's deportment compared to his "vulgar" brother? He even stated he liked him. Now, imagine the Illuminati sends a squad (with Yukio in it) to deal with those exorcists and they cross Angel's crew. I guess Angel will be disappointed at seeing Yukio with the bad guys.

I imagined this scene where the Illuminati takes down a lot of Angel's squad members and Angel is the only survivor (well, he's the Paladin). At this point, he'll feel mad and desperate and will start yelling at Yukio a bunch of harsh things for just standing there and watch the massacre of his former comrades. He may also end up shouting him something like Rin maybe was the "best" brother, after all, and he was wrong to think the opposite. At least, Rin exorcised the IK and saved people.

Um, more cruels words... And Yukio may end up... shooting him and killing him? I also believe that the fact it was stated Lightning was the second candidate to become Paladin could be a foreshadow that Angel will die and Lightning will take his place (after the Drac thing is solved, oc). Now, why should Yukio be the one to kill him? Oh, my, because of what I said above and also 'cause: now imagine if Yukio will actually turn into a killer too? Sounds like an -even- darker development, huh? So I can already see Kato-sama cracking her fingers.

Kidding, I think there could be a sorta way out of this for Yukio. Surprise surprise, what if after Angel's death it will turns out the Angel we saw in the manga it's actually a clone of the real Angel? And that that's why he can't remember about the Blue Night. And, since I love Yukio, I even hope that manga!Angel it's not even a clone, but like... a demon-shapeshifter? So, basically a demon. But Yukio, obviously, would find out only later. *Mephisto's doing! Mephisto's doing everywhere!*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:47:59 PM by Cloelia »

Offline tandem

« Reply #725 on: January 11, 2018, 06:27:34 AM »
I've got a theory based on the main trio/jailbreaks we've had so far.

When Rin is jailed in the IK arc, Shiemi is the one who breaks him out. When Yukio is jailed, Rin is the one who frees him. Will the cycle complete itself and Shiemi eventually gets locked up and Yukio springs her out?
does the crown of thorns represent that Shiemi will be placed on a cross or  become a martyr for someone's sake?
My theory is a bit different : Shiemi might be imprisoned in Illuminati's jail, so the rest is obvious that Yukio will release her. (Conversation goes like  "I know you aren't on their side, Yuki-chan!" , "Don't get me wrong. I just don't think you should be here.")

Besides a failed rescuing Yukio mission, another reason that Illuminati might do so is Satan's recent rising interest on her. That is, the comment in this chapter probably has more to do with starting another storyline than just displaying Satan's humor.

Remember Angel being positively impressed by Yukio's deportment compared to his "vulgar" brother? He even stated he liked him. Now, imagine the Illuminati sends a squad (with Yukio in it) to deal with those exorcists and they cross Angel's crew. I guess Angel will be disappointed at seeing Yukio with the bad guys.

I imagined this scene where the Illuminati takes down a lot of Angel's squad members and Angel is the only survivor (well, he's the Paladin). At this point, he'll feel mad and desperate and will start yelling at Yukio
My theory is again a bit different : Arthur might betray the Order and/or join Illuminati.

There are several reasons that people start talking about the possibility of Arthur's betrayal. First, if the story will develop as to let Rin save the day, then Arthur, being the Paladin, is (unfortunately) an obstruct and highly likely to be removed from his position by Kato. Besides sacrificing himself, betrayal is another common choice.

Second, there must be some reason that Arthur has to lost his memory. Maybe there are more hidden secrets about that, so Arthur's faith to the Order will be shaken. Or he simply just can't accept the section 13 history (like Yukio) when it is revealed. Being a clone of Lucifer's body (what we assumed) might also enhance his connection to Illuminati.

Finally, having a good impression on Yukio, tbh isn't a good sign either. If Arthur runs into Yukio and asks him why he betray, Yukio's reason might get into him. Moreover, whatever hidden secret of Yuri and the twin's birth that Yukio will learn, the Order is likely to be more morally compromised than what we know so far. That can be something makes Arthur feel disgusting.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:33:39 AM by tandem »

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #726 on: January 13, 2018, 04:24:25 AM »
I've got a theory based on the main trio/jailbreaks we've had so far.

When Rin is jailed in the IK arc, Shiemi is the one who breaks him out. When Yukio is jailed, Rin is the one who frees him. Will the cycle complete itself and Shiemi eventually gets locked up and Yukio springs her out?
does the crown of thorns represent that Shiemi will be placed on a cross or  become a martyr for someone's sake?
My theory is a bit different : Shiemi might be imprisoned in Illuminati's jail, so the rest is obvious that Yukio will release her. (Conversation goes like  "I know you aren't on their side, Yuki-chan!" , "Don't get me wrong. I just don't think you should be here.")

Besides a failed rescuing Yukio mission, another reason that Illuminati might do so is Satan's recent rising interest on her. That is, the comment in this chapter probably has more to do with starting another storyline than just displaying Satan's humor.

I like your theory, but I have a hard time believing that the Illuminati wouldn't be pissed at Yukio if he did indeed let Shiemi go free. I guess it would depend on what they lock her up for.

I agree with you that Satan saying she's an interesting girl is no mere display of humor. I wonder how that plot line will play out. Satan seems to just take whatever he wants, so maybe he'd try to make her his bride or something? It's kinda cliche at this point, but there was the suggestion by Izumo that maybe she quit being an exorcist because of a forced marriage. Could that be foreshadowing a scenario like this? I like to think that the things that exwires said to explain why Shiemi quit do have an ounce of truth to them. Like how Koneko said that she was from the moon, obviously she's not a moon goddess, but rather it's true that she isn't human. Bon said she might be a crane. Again obviously she's not a crane, but foreshadows that once her secret gets out she has to leave, and Izumo's I explained above.

Offline tandem

« Reply #727 on: January 24, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
"Gunnar"? I thought those guys were called Lund and Strom?
I check the raw, and that’s surely different than their names in nine-tail arc. I wonder if that’s a name of a group or something, or is he just not who we saw before? (I mean, perhaps for some reason there are more than two members with similar appearance …)
I had the following new crack theory for a while ...

There is a clone army in Illuminati

So not only Lund and Strom and Gunnar, but there are also many other guys around with similar appearance. (And it's also why Shima doesn't seem too happy to be with them.) Because they inherit carefully selected genes, they are as strong as demons and tend to have simpler personality so they won't betray.

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #728 on: February 03, 2018, 08:41:32 PM »
So Shiemi's badass forest skills this chapter made me come up with a theory.

As far as foreshadowing goes in the series, there have been a couple of instances where Shiemi was described as a "monster", either by herself (though in a playful way) in chapter 47 while she's wearing the ghost costume, she says "Yeah! I'm a monster!" and in chapter 82 where when Shiemi expresses her desire to be a "proper human being", Izumo replies with "What are you, a yokai?", which means either a ghost/monster.

Is this foreshadowing that Shiemi, like Rin, will eventually be seen as a monster by losing control of her power and hurting someone she cares about? I remember in chapter 41 when Izumo and Paku were talking about Shiemi, Paku says, "Why don't you like Moriyama san? She isn't the type who'd do stuff that would hurt you, Izumo-chan...".

I'd like to see Shiemi go through something like that. All her life she's been sickly and timid, but suddenly gaining a lot of power in an instant, going berserk, and hurting people?  It would be interesting to see how she handles herself and her interactions with others from then on. 

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #729 on: February 03, 2018, 10:05:59 PM »
^ That is an interesting theory. Shiemi's power are insanely OP. She also was affected by how she used it against the zombie. Goes well with the theories of her being a nephilim of Shemihaza.

Something I wondered in seeing Shiemi on the cover of chapter 87 was how her hair seemed to be turning into branches and flowers... I've wondered if she was really a human or even born. Her distant dreamy nature is like a fairy child. Reminds me of folk stories of making a child of clay that is animated by a spirit.

I hope Izumo will take Shiemi back to Futsumaya and have a talk with Shiemi's mom.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #730 on: February 03, 2018, 11:36:24 PM »
I have a small crack theory on why Rin is so "weak" (Still beats the shit out of most demons) despite being the direct child of Satan and that's because there's still another seal on the sword. Firstly, Rin's demon form isn't like others, his demon trait stay relatively the same where as someone like Amaimon grows horns, has massive growth to his arms and gains a lizard tail. I think the flames fill in as where things should be, like his horns or tail. Secondly, Satan stated that he was going to break the sword to free his true power, of course this could be different now, most small details change like that. Now thirdly, Lightning's taken a real good interest into his sword, wanting to "tamper" with it, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to mess with the way his Heart was sealed and linking to this, Bon's father said if he had any problems with the sword to bring it to him, which could maybe be leading up to a future event where his Heart is unleashed fully.
As for why Mephisto put a secondary seal, I think he was scared of Rin getting too strong too quickly, he might've been a loose cannon and he needed to show the order he could be controlled to let him live. After all, you can't have a pawn that's stronger than you

Hey, at least I was mostly right! So now to think of a new crack theory involving Rin...

Small crack theory now that his body is fully demonic, so is his blood. Perhaps if he suffers major damage in battle, like losing a limb (Not much of a problem for him anymore..) the blood that he loses will form Gehenna Gates! It's very anime-filler inspired but I think it'd be cool if miniature Gehenna Gates started to form from his pools of blood.

Also now because of his transformation he'll be able to use more demonic tricks like Amaimon and Mephisto like levitating, poofing things into existance etc. instead of his usual blue flames shtick
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:41:17 PM by Madow »

Offline clou

• Page
« Reply #731 on: February 04, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »
Something come in my mind with the new chapter

We all know:  if demon power > human body, then the body start to "dying".
Even rin we think to be out of this problem have it when the seal which contain his demon heart broke.

So I remember shiro said he can't tell yukio the truth for now....and lucifer said he want to save him...hmm
What if yukio's body was weaker than his power at birth ? and this is why shiro and mephisto hide this secret, to protect him from the awakening of this power.
Lucifer have the elexir, so he can awaken yukio's power without killing him.
This can be the reason they said the power rejected yukio because he was weak .

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #732 on: February 04, 2018, 01:07:13 PM »
^ That is an interesting theory. Shiemi's power are insanely OP. She also was affected by how she used it against the zombie. Goes well with the theories of her being a nephilim of Shemihaza.

Something I wondered in seeing Shiemi on the cover of chapter 87 was how her hair seemed to be turning into branches and flowers... I've wondered if she was really a human or even born. Her distant dreamy nature is like a fairy child. Reminds me of folk stories of making a child of clay that is animated by a spirit.

I hope Izumo will take Shiemi back to Futsumaya and have a talk with Shiemi's mom.

Thank you! I love making these theories, so it's appreciated. :D

Alright, I've got another one that kinda goes off this theory.

So we see that after Shiemi summons that forest, her nose starts dripping blood. After Rin faints, she does too. Is it possible that even after she wakes up, her condition will continue to worsen?

One of the main points of chapter 88 was that Rin and everyone else thought that Shiemi was going to die since she gave up on being an exorcist. Even though Shiemi says she's not dying or going away, I believe that the possibility of her dying was a kind of foreshadowing. Perhaps after she wakes up in a hospital, her condition doesn't improve, and her body continues to deteriorate.

It goes back to my other theory that Shiemi isn't human, but a demon that hasn't awakened an "ego" yet. Chapter 87 was called Embryo, and I assume we'll get a chapter called Fetus and eventually get  one that's called Birth. Why? The "embryo" that is hinted at in the title of chapter 87 is actually the beginning of a developing demon heart inside Shiemi. Remember in chapter 1 how Satan described Rin awakening as being reborn? He even says "Happy Birthday!"  to him before trying to drag him into Gehenna. Maybe that's the connection to embryo. Once it fully develops, Shiemi will technically be "reborn".

Of course, her body will, like Rin's, begin to deteriorate due to the immense power trying to surface. I suspect she couldn't develop a demon heart before since she was always sickly. After joining the cram school, her health begins to vastly improve, so much so that in chapter 88 it's said by Yukio that her health check up was excellent. I also believe that since the doctors won't know what's happening to her with her worsening condition, they'll say there's nothing more they can do for Shiemi, and inform her mother and friends that she doesn't have much time left.

Maybe this is where Izumo and the others question Shiemi's mother about her daughter's powers and her worsening condition. Of course, she won't tell them the truth, but it makes everyone suspicious.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #733 on: February 04, 2018, 02:29:10 PM »
Man, if you think about it, almost any main character, at some point, got to deal with the topic of their own death. Either they got death words told to them, faced deadly situations, contemplated death, suspected it for others, attempted suicide, made jokes about it and so on. If we make a list, Shima absolutely got the top 1. Would be interesting to create a real list about this. A few examples:

-Rin: "Just die", he contemplated to die himself in the IK arc.
-Yukio: well...
-Shiemi: as said above, the exwires suspected she could be dying.
-Izumo: Inari arc, anyone?
-Suguro: his own line: "If I'll have to kill Shima, I'll die too."
-Shima: same as Yukio.
-Konekomaru: attempted suicide during the Inari arc.

If all these were actual foreshadows, I think out of the main cast no one will survive by the end of the story. Or maybe only Izumo and Konekomaru since, unlike the others, I think we could say they got a chance to face and "survive" their own personal "death" challenges so they could be considered "out of danger". Or so I think.

Anyway, here I am with a (not cracky) but totally crazy theory. Feel free to kill me, I allow you. But here's what's been running in my mind these last 3 days: what if it turns out Yukio, and I mean the Yukio we've seen so far, is actualy the demon version of himself while, opposite to Rin, is his human side the one "trapped" somewhere inside him?

Here's what I combined to get to this crazy(stupid) theory:

-Todo's line: "A demon face. That's your -true- self." Could it be Yukio is actually a demon!Yukio? I know he's human and we've been proved/told/reminded a gazillion times. But I defined this theory "crazy" for a reason. So...
-another anime reference. Remember episode 24? Naked Yukio, baby Yukios and all that shet? No, forget the baby Yukios. I understand it was a completely different situation but, back then, we're shown this human!Yukio trapped inside Satan possessed!Yukio.

Okay, and that's all for my daily share of nonesense.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:37:54 PM by Cloelia »

Offline Kiellessa

• Page
« Reply #734 on: February 04, 2018, 03:45:36 PM »
Sorry, first post here, though some of you might know me from tumblr.

We all know Shiemi gets exhausted when she overtaxes her powers (Shemihaza nephilim or something similar), and this time, she even got a nosebleed.

What if every time she creates life with Nii-chan as a conduit (he provides the earth) that she uses a bit of her own life force to do it. That would make things EXTREMELY dangerous for her to continue using them in such a way and being an Exorcist would quite literally shorten her life. She gets taxed far more than any other tamer when using Nii-chan to grow plants.

http://imgur.com/a/Fmiig (Larger image)

I’m positive her mom has ulterior motives, and this is a little out there, but maybe THAT’S what she was told to her and it scared her into quitting, on top of being HUGE info [Nephilim]. She’s too far removed from being a “living concept” (as Mephisto described demons) and is a flesh and blood creature, there is no endless source of power. She can’t generate life from nothing and it has to come from somewhere... herself.

And just like how Yukio was concerned that Rin was using his flames too much (at the cost of his humanity), her power use comes with a cost, too. Her life. Her version of being “consumed by the flames” would be dying. That would definitely put the brakes of her becoming any sort of super-badass, godly Exorcist.

That would also explain why she’s so torn about her decision but still doesn’t hesitate to use it to save people, and also explain the reason for her to not tell her friends about why she’s quitting... shame. She’s being “selfish” in wanting to live, and for her, that would be against everything she stands for: being selfless.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:57:11 PM by Kiellessa »