Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145089 times)

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #690 on: December 12, 2017, 02:59:30 AM »
This is a (crack) theory. Unless it is really revealed in future chapters, the story development is still more likely as what you described. It is just fun to speculate any possibility "under the surface".

I don't think Yukio got so buddy-buddy with Shima at that time to the point of making some plans and contingencies. Otherwise he wouldn't have wrestled Shima to the ground.
So you think any additional dialogue is before Yukio's attack? I think it's likely to be after Yukio's attack. (And it matches Shima's description to Mephisto that Yukio attacked him when he started to speak.) Yukio could have some dialogue with Shima because he already controlled Shima, not a buddy-buddy dialogue ...
After huh? I was under the impression Yukio knocked Shima out with his wrestling move in the snow and therefore there wasn't any chance of dialogue after. Because we see Shima later laying in the snow all disoriented with swirls in his eyes saying he lost track of Okumura-sensei. I assumed he woke up later with Yukio long gone then made the call to Mephisto.
Yes, I understand it's natural to assume Shima just faint on the snow ground after Yukio's kick, but Shima never really said that. So it could be a misleading impression Kato intends to give the reader, and in fact Yukio just confined Shima and torture asked him for the truth.

Yukio also seemed a bit surprised when he saw the chopper, but not so surprised that he didn't expect they might be waiting in the wings for him (because he knows they want to recruit him bad). What I mean is, it's  not the just in time as we planned look implying that Yukio already gave them the thumbs-up.
Yukio could be surprised by the way the helicopter shows up.

There is some strange points in this chapter. Like he suddenly started to talk "You and I are so different."  I can understand what he means, but as Rin said it's too strange to talk about this at such place. Or he wants to argue with Rin. But why not directly start the juicy part "Shiro is a clone and we are created to be weapon."  Yukio's words before the helicopter shows up sounds kind of like to waste time waiting for something.
I didn't find Yukio's beginning talk with Rin strange at all considering all he's went through. In fact I enjoyed that he started with, 'Why am I always the one being saved', 'Why are nii-san and I so different', etc. It fits his thought process better. Stating these first to Rin shows us his main problems and why he comes to the later decision to go to Illuminati (when they come), rather than 'the Illuminati and the Order are no different' as his main reason for leaving.
I understand that Yukio might make a contrast between his "protecting Rin" and Rin's current rescue, and it could be a major reason behind Yukio's action. But I didn't mean Yukio's point strange. I mean the timing he started to talk about it and the strong "discontinuity" feeling in his words strange.

Let me analyze the details. Yukio first said something like "I knew you will come."  "But it's faster than expected." and "Why do you always come help me?"  Then he jumped to this "Why are we so different?" It's a quite indirect approach, for he hadn't really explicitly touch the main point (should be more like "That's something I can't do. How are you so determined to save me?")

The helicopter appeared and Yukio started to walk away from Rin. Yukio's second part is quite different. He not only abandoned the previous topic immediately, but he also changed to a very direct way. "Let me tell you a whole bunch of confidential secret, starting from the Order created potential vessels and even Shiro is one of them ..."

So that's the discontinuous feeling here. If Yukio efficiently summarized what he learned so far because he doesn't want to spend too much time to talk, why did he talk indirectly in the first part? If Yukio is already in the mood to talk about his frustration about sibling rivalry, why did he abruptly change the topic to section 13? Or if Yukio thinks these secret is so important that he must tell Rin, why not tell the secret first and the complex feeling later?

I remember many of us were thinking Yukio would refuse to even leave the cell, so it was a little funny seeing him run out there with Rin right away.
And that's another place where this theory fit. It could be Yukio thought if he is on the ground, it is easier for the Illuminati to find where he is, so he run out without any hesitation or delay.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #691 on: December 12, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »
We see Yukio follow along with Rin for a bit, then his steps slow and he drops the invisibility cloak. And I like that bit where Rin gives the cloak and tells Yukio the escape plans, and Yukio just stares down quietly at it...probably thinking how smoothly and flawlessly Rin is able to plan and save Yukio from discrimination of their heritage. It's in stark contrast to how everything Yukio did to 'protect his brother' in the first few arcs of the manga was all useless, because it was really Mephisto, Shura, and the exwires who climbed Rin out of the danger against him. So seeing how Rin handles it so easily when their situations are reversed is probably more salt on the wound.

That's true. I didn't think about it this way.

And that's another place where this theory fit. It could be Yukio thought if he is on the ground, it is easier for the Illuminati to find where he is, so he run out without any hesitation or delay.

Keeps make me wonder. If there wasn't any "Illuminati showing up to get him" plan after Yukio got out of the building (which Yukio knew about) why did Yukio so "easily" chose to just follow Rin out of the cell? Did he really have some other plan of his if Illuminati hasn't arrived? So he prolly really knew something.

Offline SKL

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #692 on: December 14, 2017, 05:40:55 AM »
This is a (crack) theory. Unless it is really revealed in future chapters, the story development is still more likely as what you described. It is just fun to speculate any possibility "under the surface".
Eh I don't think the theory is so unbelievable to be 'crack'. It's pretty believable if it's true Kato didn't write it for us to interpret it at face value. Like if it turned out Yukio already made some agreement with Shima, I wouldn't be too surprised I guess.

Let me analyze the details. Yukio first said something like "I knew you will come."  "But it's faster than expected." and "Why do you always come help me?"  Then he jumped to this "Why are we so different?" It's a quite indirect approach, for he hadn't really explicitly touch the main point (should be more like "That's something I can't do. How are you so determined to save me?")

The helicopter appeared and Yukio started to walk away from Rin. Yukio's second part is quite different. He not only abandoned the previous topic immediately, but he also changed to a very direct way. "Let me tell you a whole bunch of confidential secret, starting from the Order created potential vessels and even Shiro is one of them ..."

So that's the discontinuous feeling here. If Yukio efficiently summarized what he learned so far because he doesn't want to spend too much time to talk, why did he talk indirectly in the first part? If Yukio is already in the mood to talk about his frustration about sibling rivalry, why did he abruptly change the topic to section 13? Or if Yukio thinks these secret is so important that he must tell Rin, why not tell the secret first and the complex feeling later?
Well that scene works in both scenarios doesn't it?
Scenario 1 (face value):
Yukio upset at being saved by Rin is reluctant or is deciding not to continue to escape with Rin. Finding the situation so unbearable, he stops walking and begins to talk to Rin about 'why are we so different?', 'why am I always the one to be saved?', etc. The reason why the conversation suddenly 'abruptly' changes to 'the Order is no different from the Illuminati' is because the Illuminati chopper shows up and Shima offers welcome. Yukio thinks back to Lucifer's words about giving answers and power. Yukio has now decided. He turns to leave. Then tells Rin about the Order secrets and Shiro. So the conversation is not so abrupt really because the chopper interrupted and he resolved to join them. It would only be abrupt if he continued the conversation without the chopper showing up.

Scenario 2 (theory):
As you said: All that talk before is fluff to stall for time for the chopper showing up. When it does he reveals to Rin the details behind section 13, etc all while making it evident he is going with the Illuminati not Rin.

Keeps make me wonder. If there wasn't any "Illuminati showing up to get him" plan after Yukio got out of the building (which Yukio knew about) why did Yukio so "easily" chose to just follow Rin out of the cell? Did he really have some other plan of his if Illuminati hasn't arrived? So he prolly really knew something.

Why did Yukio rush out of the cell with Rin? Probably because he finds escaping preferable to being confined and tested on, LOL (who wouldn't?). It's been established Yukio wanted to die. He tried to kill himself, but can't. Now he is forced to keep this life. But that doesn't mean Yukio doesn't care what other things happen to him and how he will live his continued existence. And if he must live, it won't be to continue living as the weak and vulnerable person he hates. To him, that is probably worse than death.

Or like you guys say, it was all some hidden agenda that relied on Yukio's confidence in Rin busting him out of there so Illuminati can pick him up more easily. I don't discount the theory, just providing alternate viewpoints when there are any.

Offline tandem

« Reply #693 on: December 14, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »
But if Yukio wants to leave the Order, isn't it more convenient to start to talk after leaving the academy? Standing on the exit of the tower, where the only way out is to pass his brother doesn't seem like a smart idea

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #694 on: December 15, 2017, 07:50:38 PM »
I had a double timeline theory of my own once and I believed in it for quite a long time. So as soon as I read this post on tumblr, I instantly got interested:

I know Mephisto is someone who can read people easy like an open book, but Amaimon is right: Mephisto knows everything, like he already saw this track play infront of him and is making his own changes.

[...]Mephisto is acting like this: playing the story again, but making changes to get the ending he wants.

To this I want to add a couple things:

This is Lightning in S13. He comes across one of Mephisto's clones. SM=Samael. But. There seems to be more than one, as he keeps counting: "Sm sm sm sm..." Now, I'm not sure if he stopped counting 'cause he's attention shifted to the Azazel's clone as soon as he took notice of it or if he was actually done counting. But we got at least 4 (or 5) Mephisto's clones.

For starters, the fact Mephisto got clones of himself it's kinda weird imo, Since...

Or maybe it's not. He -can- get killed, or his power can consume his body on the long run. So he may need spares of himself. And this is how this line can be interpreted:

He prolly meant: "Since none of my spare bodies is complete yet, I can't "switch" to them." But, here's another way I like to read this:

Mephisto can actually "travel" through time. So he can actually see what happens in a timeline (therefore he "knows everything") and go back to the start point of -the same timeline- (let's take the multiple timelines thing out of this. I think one timeline is enough) and change things around so it fits his wishes. But, if he somehow screws up/someone acts in a way he couln't predict 'cause multiple changes can result in multiple different outcomes, he can "kill himself" and "reset" all. But, before doing so, he might want to transfer all the infos he got to one of his clones in some way. So, as long as the clones don't have all these infos, he can't abandon his current host.

Offline IsmihanA

• Exwire
  • The truth is a light that guides or blinds
« Reply #695 on: December 17, 2017, 08:02:00 PM »
I had a double timeline theory of my own once and I believed in it for quite a long time. So as soon as I read this post on tumblr, I instantly got interested:

I know Mephisto is someone who can read people easy like an open book, but Amaimon is right: Mephisto knows everything, like he already saw this track play infront of him and is making his own changes.

[...]Mephisto is acting like this: playing the story again, but making changes to get the ending he wants.

To this I want to add a couple things:

This is Lightning in S13. He comes across one of Mephisto's clones. SM=Samael. But. There seems to be more than one, as he keeps counting: "Sm sm sm sm..." Now, I'm not sure if he stopped counting 'cause he's attention shifted to the Azazel's clone as soon as he took notice of it or if he was actually done counting. But we got at least 4 (or 5) Mephisto's clones.

For starters, the fact Mephisto got clones of himself it's kinda weird imo, Since...

Or maybe it's not. He -can- get killed, or his power can consume his body on the long run. So he may need spares of himself. And this is how this line can be interpreted:

He prolly meant: "Since none of my spare bodies is complete yet, I can't "switch" to them." But, here's another way I like to read this:

Mephisto can actually "travel" through time. So he can actually see what happens in a timeline (therefore he "knows everything") and go back to the start point of -the same timeline- (let's take the multiple timelines thing out of this. I think one timeline is enough) and change things around so it fits his wishes. But, if he somehow screws up/someone acts in a way he couln't predict 'cause multiple changes can result in multiple different outcomes, he can "kill himself" and "reset" all. But, before doing so, he might want to transfer all the infos he got to one of his clones in some way. So, as long as the clones don't have all these infos, he can't abandon his current host.

I don't know if I understood it correctly ( in the first impression this theory seems to me extremely interesting...and I've got tangled in it lol because this isn't entirely about chapter 96, where I still stubbornly reject what happened there and my pierced heart is still burning on the road full of trucks ) but what you mean is that on this one timeline Mephy is able to travel in all directions and adapting this line to his vision and wishes but when unexpected circumstances arise, then he kills himself and this timeline is automatically reset, right? So for example in chapter 94, assuming that he didn't know about this attack (what would come up to an unexpected circumstance) if this bullet turned out to be more dangerous and hypothetically killed him, then everything would happen again (and also Yukio wouldn't have been arrested etc.) ?
And what do you mean about this start point?

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #696 on: December 17, 2017, 10:20:10 PM »
^ Obviously, we're talking about a theory.  And I'm not that good at explaining. I thrown a couple basics but if I had to explain in detail, I'd totally be at a loss (also 'cause I'm not sure about them myself). Hehe. But I'll try.

What I meant is that Mephisto already "lived" through the current timeline so he got a "basic" knowledge of the events. Through starting again from a specific point, he can use that knowledge to alterate events around. But if a change will 'cause a certain consequence, he can't know for sure what will happen after that. So he may need to "reset" the timeline to a start point (which I can't tell what could be. The birth of the twins? Or somewhere closer as when Rin awakes his demonic power? I used the expression "start point" to say that he gotta had a point where he'd start manipulating things for the first time). And to reset the timeline and go back to that point, I thought he may need to kill himself 'cause there are all these clones of him he got hidden in S13 and I thought this could be a use for them.

Prolly what happened in chapter 94 is one of those events that "slipped" from his control. He didn't expect to be actually shot and I consider this one of the consequences he didn't "calculate" before hand 'cause he'd already change previous events that much he's already at a stage he can't exactly predict what will happen next for certain. I have trouble explaining this part myself (and prolly I had too if I explained it in my own language too, lol)

All in all, even if it's nothing as close to this, I think something remotely like that could be possible in the manga. Mephisto is the King of space and time. And I think it's almost certain he can see events somehow and do something to change them.

Another more relatable theory is: Mephisto can pick at a specific event "in real time" and through his power see what will happen next (right after it or even over). Knowing the "consequences" of that event he can decide what to do before that event happens by changing things. This is even harder to explain so I'll put an example:

This is Mephisto in chapter 44. He's all rambling-y and all that in this chapter. At some point, he decides to "check" on a specific event. Rin and Godain in the regular school classroom. He watches their interaction and concludes:

He looks thoughtful, as he's pondering "what to do about this event". And he spefically comments: "So that's how it is.". The impression I got the first time I saw these panels is that Mephisto observed Rin's and Godain's conversation, picked at the "consequences" this episode will 'cause in the future using his power and commented "So that's how it is." as in "So that's what this "conversation" will bring to." So, he prolly did something (which I can't tell we've been shown) to prevent/alter THAT event he "foresaw".

I'm not so sure about this part too anymore. But I used this example to try and explain how I roughly think Mephisto's power works.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:23:21 PM by Cloelia »

Offline IsmihanA

• Exwire
  • The truth is a light that guides or blinds
« Reply #697 on: December 18, 2017, 06:40:13 PM »
^ Thank you very much for this explanation - I translated this into my language and now I’m gradually processing and analyze it several times but now it seems to be more clear. I don't know why but I turned around this start point and the first option you mentioned, that is, the birth of twins somehow...naturally fitted me to be this point. It is like...that from this moment practically everything started (using this term, of course, to a general extent, adding ,,for now" for safety lol), a breakthrough moment. What I'm going to write now may not be very important and it will be my stupid considerations but continuing the topic and referring to this theory, in my opinion the birth of twins meets all the conditions of being the right start point, with consequences and general influence. But how would it be if this point was located even earlier? Or would it be a moving point? Something on the principle of dividing this time line into particular periods, here, events involving a lot of time ahead of the main ones, for example, when The Demon Kings split into two different factions. I mean, using this theory even further back. Alright, I have no idea what I'm writing, so it's enough.

I understood the second theory better than the first one hah. And I feel that ( intuition: on) here his expression can be a sign that it isn't just a theory but even one of the main mechanisms so in this case it will be different with caution in relation to AnE and I'll put it in the back of my head, waiting for ( I hope) a direct confirmation of this.

Anyway, very nice point of view ^^

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #698 on: December 22, 2017, 05:07:12 PM »
New theory

What if the reason Toudou wanted Karura to possess him was because he eventually will betray Lucifer, try to consume Satan's heart and gain his power? Karura is a high level fire demon with powerful regeneration, so Toudou would need it to make his body get used to high level fire powers and powerful regeneration in order to be able to house Satan's heart in his body. Maybe it would also explain part of his interest in Yukio? That expression he makes in chapter 80 made me question whether or not he's truly loyal to Lucifer and his plan.

Offline tandem

« Reply #699 on: December 22, 2017, 11:41:37 PM »
New theory

What if the reason Toudou wanted Karura to possess him was because he eventually will betray Lucifer, try to consume Satan's heart and gain his power? Karura is a high level fire demon with powerful regeneration, so Toudou would need it to make his body get used to high level fire powers and powerful regeneration in order to be able to house Satan's heart in his body. Maybe it would also explain part of his interest in Yukio? That expression he makes in chapter 80 made me question whether or not he's truly loyal to Lucifer and his plan.
Maybe Toudou's ultimate goal is to eat Satan? I mean, Satan is still a demon right? So theoretically it can be eaten by demon eaters.

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #700 on: December 23, 2017, 01:53:35 PM »
The difference in power levels are just way too high. Mephisto by himself can destroy the planet indirectly as can Lucifer in his dying state. Satan is an entirely different beast from them so just imagine his scale of strength. I could see him trying to replace Yukios eyes with his own but then couldn't Satan just leave the eyes? Or would he be fine with it since he can still see to Assiah and now has a direct communication to Lucifer?

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #701 on: December 28, 2017, 08:45:50 PM »
What if we're never gonna know what Yukio's eyes power is really about 'cause Kato-sama herself will not be able to come up with a way to tie ALL the hints she gave us here and there together in a logic way and will choose to leave it a secret?

I can even see Lucifer denying Yukio any anwer, Yukio getting mad at him and Lucifer trying to justify himself: "Even the author of this story doesn't know so how am -I- supposed to?"

Offline SKL

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #702 on: December 29, 2017, 03:54:36 AM »
^
Very funny crack theory.
Katou: I still don't know what I should do with Yukio's powers, so I'll drag it out out for 67 chapters until I figure something out.

But. Please no.
It's one of the major things in the manga I want answers for, so Katou better not drag it out for another 20 chapters or something. Settle the matter. Then we can finally dust ourselves off and move on to other things.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #703 on: January 04, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
First crack theory after chapter 97.

I was staring at Rin's panel where he's "spreading" all the flames. Aside the prominent large flame coming out of his chest (hinting that his demonic heart is about to come out of it?) his skin is indeed starting to necrotize (as someone pointed out too). Well, I was thinking. This is like what happened to Izumo during her arc. So I picked chapter 60-61 and read 'em again.

Izumo was necrotizing 'cause she couldn't handle Nine Tails, an high-level demon (as explained by Yukio). So, what I get is that necrotizing is like a body's "reaction" to a possession it can't handle. I guess this is somehow what's happening to Rin right now. He can't handle that much flame power (or whatever it is) and his body it's necrotizing as a result.

Or there could be another esplanation. Also in chapter 60, Gedouin tells Izumo "Don't resist. Give yourself to Nine tails." I think it could mean Rin's necrotizing 'cause he's struggling to "resist" to the flame power and if he will "surrender" to it, he'll stop necrotizing. But he will be completely "possessed" by it (the flame power). And, also in chapter 60, Gedouin mentions that "This device (the mask) will force the possession to take hold. But this procedure is for a -chosen one- fortified by the -elixir-."

Okay, I got some weird ideas out of this. What if the Illuminati are planning to use the elixir on Rin to force him to get possessed by Satan? (now that we know Satan wants to use him as a vessel). I can think that the reason Mephisto trained Rin to handle and control the flame was all part of a plan to "boost" his compatibility and tolerance of Satan's possession. Just like Izumo needed a certain "percentage of compatibility" with Nine Tails to get it to successfully possess her.

Also, what if this is all those chosen ones and/or high-level demons are needed for? To create an elixir strong enough to boost Rin's compatibilty with Satan's possession. In chapter 80, Lucifer stated "It may become necessary to prepare Father's body with the materials we already have." If Satan's willing to possess Rin, why the need to make him another body? Maybe in case even Rin will not be able to handle him?

But if I read Lucifer line in another way: "It may become necessary to modify/alter Rin's body with the materials we already have (by creating an elixir though them)".

Aaaaalso, on another note, if this is gonna go the way I think, I can already picture the anime's counterpart where Rin's tied to a cross thing spitting blood to open the Gate and... yup, Yukio offering to take his place. What I see in the manga is: Rin will be injected the elixir but it won't go that smoothly. So Yukio (also willing to grasp this chance for his own power-seeking puposes) may offer himself on his stead. But the one reason I can't actually see this is that'd be a repeat of Izumo's mother offering herself on her daughter stead and so on.

Anyway. Honestly, I can't remember if it was ever mentioned how the Illuminati make that elixir in the first place. I should read those chapters again, I guess.

Edit: on second thought, I was thinking, what if the Illuminati could choose to use Yukio as a vessel for Satan in case Rin won't be able to sustain the possession since if the elixir, when injected, can potentially kill the subject, while Yukio is "protected" by Satan?

And, to add to this: Lucifer said it was important that Yukio chose to join them on his own free will. Maybe he meant it was important since if Yukio is willing to cooperate that'd make it easier for him to accept/endure a possession unlike Rin who'd (I guess) refuse to accept it (willingly).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:17:30 PM by Cloelia »

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #704 on: January 04, 2018, 11:42:09 PM »
First crack theory after chapter 97.

I was staring at Rin's panel where he's "spreading" all the flames. Aside the prominent large flame coming out of his chest (hinting that his demonic heart is about to come out of it?) his skin is indeed starting to necrotize (as someone pointed out too). Well, I was thinking. This is like what happened to Izumo during her arc. So I picked chapter 60-61 and read 'em again.

Izumo was necrotizing 'cause she couldn't handle Nine Tails, an high-level demon (as explained by Yukio). So, what I get is that necrotizing is like a body's "reaction" to a possession it can't handle. I guess this is somehow what's happening to Rin right now. He can't handle that much flame power (or whatever it is) and his body it's necrotizing as a result.

Or there could be another esplanation. Also in chapter 60, Gedouin tells Izumo "Don't resist. Give yourself to Nine tails." I think it could mean Rin's necrotizing 'cause he's struggling to "resist" to the flame power and if he will "surrender" to it, he'll stop necrotizing. But he will be completely "possessed" by it (the flame power). And, also in chapter 60, Gedouin mentions that "This device (the mask) will force the possession to take hold. But this procedure is for a -chosen one- fortified by the -elixir-."

Okay, I got some weird ideas out of this. What if the Illuminati are planning to use the elixir on Rin to force him to get possessed by Satan? (now that we know Satan wants to use him as a vessel). I can think that the reason Mephisto trained Rin to handle and control the flame was all part of a plan to "boost" his compatibility and tolerance of Satan's possession. Just like Izumo needed a certain "percentage of compatibility" with Nine Tails to get it to successfully possess her.

Also, what if this is all those chosen ones and/or high-level demons are needed for? To create an elixir strong enough to boost Rin's compatibilty with Satan's possession. In chapter 80, Lucifer stated "It may become necessary to prepare Father's body with the materials we already have." If Satan's willing to possess Rin, why the need to make him another body? Maybe in case even Rin will not be able to handle him?

But if I read Lucifer line in another way: "It may become necessary to modify/alter Rin's body with the materials we already have (by creating an elixir though them)".

Aaaaalso, on another note, if this is gonna go the way I think, I can already picture the anime's counterpart where Rin's tied to a cross thing spitting blood to open the Gate and... yup, Yukio offering to take his place. What I see in the manga is: Rin will be injected the elixir but it won't go that smoothly. So Yukio (also willing to grasp this chance for his own power-seeking puposes) may offer himself on his stead. But the one reason I can't actually see this is that'd be a repeat of Izumo's mother offering herself on her daughter stead and so on.

Anyway. Honestly, I can't remember if it was ever mentioned how the Illuminati make that elixir in the first place. I should read those chapters again, I guess.

Edit: on second thought, I was thinking, what if the Illuminati could choose to use Yukio as a vessel for Satan in case Rin won't be able to sustain the possession since if the elixir, when injected, can potentially kill the subject, while Yukio is "protected" by Satan?

And, to add to this: Lucifer said it was important that Yukio chose to join them on his own free will. Maybe he meant it was important since if Yukio is willing to cooperate that'd make it easier for him to accept/endure a possession unlike Rin who'd (I guess) refuse to accept it (willingly).

I mentioned Rin’s predicament as the vessel in an earlier post, mentioning that Satan still desired him to be the vessel, and that Yukio was going to sacrifice himself in his brother’s stead. The cross scene I think is still going to happen, but it will be a while for us to get there. It would be a wackier theory that Yuri is still alive, kept alive like Izumo’s mother, and is the one who tells Yukio the truth—why she pursued to keep the babies to raise instead of getting rid of them as the Order probably demanded her to do (which kind of makes me scratch my head if its the Vatican’s order...Catholicism and all, but Satan’s children etc) and her reasoning might be what’s needed to kick Yukio in the butt and make him realize what he has. Of course... like I said, that would be a crack theory that would make more sense to me if it hangs tight to the anime. I didn’t like Satan telling him the truth and have that overtone of falling in love. I would understand it better if she was trying to teach him what human life meant instead, and he became obsessed with having that chance of life.