Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145130 times)

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #660 on: November 18, 2017, 03:11:26 PM »
I got a super crack theory. I said before that I would just keep posting whatever comes in my mind and don't care if it sounds stupid and so on, but, this is really cracky, so feel free to ignore this crap.

What's this theory about? Well, out of nowhere I suddenly had this doubt: what if everything that happens from chapter 93 to chapter 95 could actually be part of an -ingenious- Yukio's plan?

Now, here are some basics I kept in mind:

-Yukio's battle against Todo.
-Yukio using the nutrient bullets trick twice. ("Can't you do anything else?" (Rin))
-Yukio's infamous ability to fake emotions to his advantage/convenience.
-Yukio's plan to trick Hachirotaro into shifting Shura's regenerative ability/demon sword contract to him.
-Kato-sama is an unpredictable betch and a sucker for plot twists.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:20:47 PM by Cloelia »

Offline tandem

« Reply #661 on: November 18, 2017, 03:39:19 PM »
That's surely crack. What I get is the idea that the past two chapters are actually a trap for Rin. Although we've been expecting Yukio eventually turn against Rin for a while, but certainly not to that level.

But what is Shima or Lightning's role in this theory? I thought you were going to include them?

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #662 on: November 18, 2017, 03:49:32 PM »
^ Let's say it's -crap-, lol

As I said, Rin part's sorta just a scratch. I had more ideas about Mephisto's shooting part.

About Shima and Lightning I had something in mind too. But I couldn't find a way to put the pieces together so I didn't include that part. It was something along the lines of: Shima got asked by Lightning to suggest Yukio a plan (related to Mephisto's shooting), so Lightning's acting like a source of infos for Yukio and Shima is the "mediator". But, that would've meant Yukio was -accepting- help from Lightning. And I said Yukio's still too stubborn to accept help (even from Satan) so I cut that part off.

Offline HorseTechie

• Junior Second Class
  • Braaaaainnnsss!
« Reply #663 on: November 19, 2017, 05:30:15 AM »
^ Haah... no, this idea doesn't sound too far fetched. I couldn't quite place a finger on it until you spelled out an important detail that it looked like too much time had passed between when Shima witnessed Yukio shooting himself, and then calling Mephisto that Yukio is "going to break". 

Because the sudden way Yukio went from feeling terribly sorry for himself, to going after Memphisto with a renewed sense of anger was very curious.  What was his real motive?

And then we were left hanging in not knowing what Lightening had asked Shima help him do..... 

Something is going on, and I do agree Yukio is up to no good. The question is if it is for Satan... because.. I wondrt why would Yukio WANT to help Satan now (after so much appearing to be against him earlier on in this series). 

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #664 on: November 19, 2017, 05:57:00 AM »
You're right, it IS suspicious that the time stamps are being shown now. Is it to illustrate the large gaps, for better flashbacks? Or...

What if...

In the anime, when Satan began talking to Yukio, he told Yukio everything. Then, in a fit of anger, Yukio confronted Egin.

What if this is the same here?

What if, between knocking Shima unconscious and confronting Mephisto, Satan spoke to Yukio?

After all, Satan DID talk to Yukio a little, when he called him a fool. Why wouldn't he say anything else? I think that Satan must have said something provocative, causing Yukio to angrily confront Mephisto again. What he said, I don't know...maybe this is the start of that demonic rage I talked about. After all, he s got the "demonic" part down. Satan just has to keep sparking the rage. He's a provocative voice. He must have some effect on Yukio. I don't think Satan is the silent type, anyways (truthfully, he just can't stand awkward silences).

(Shima didn't call Mephisto sooner because he was unconscious, by the way)

Offline HorseTechie

• Junior Second Class
  • Braaaaainnnsss!
« Reply #665 on: November 19, 2017, 06:06:10 AM »
(Shima didn't call Mephisto sooner because he was unconscious, by the way)
Hai, that was my first thought too.... but that kind of seemed like a long time though. (And without another random passerby not noticing him there?) *tsk*

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #666 on: November 19, 2017, 05:24:58 PM »
After all, Satan DID talk to Yukio a little, when he called him a fool. Why wouldn't he say anything else? I think that Satan must have said something provocative, causing Yukio to angrily confront Mephisto again. What he said, I don't know...maybe this is the start of that demonic rage I talked about. After all, he s got the "demonic" part down. Satan just has to keep sparking the rage. He's a provocative voice. He must have some effect on Yukio. I don't think Satan is the silent type, anyways (truthfully, he just can't stand awkward silences).

Maybe Yukio unconsciously locks out Satan's voice? He started to hear it when he was at his lowest, but stopped hearing it after the suicide attempt. It reminds me of how his eyes used to change back when the life-threatening circumstance ended, but now they are spontaneously activating/deactivating. The biggest difference between then and now is that Yukio clearly no longer fears being seen with the eyes active. So if this is the case, then Yukio's self-denial is both the shield from Satan's influence and the reason why Yukio couldn't learn anything from the suicidal training.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline WhiteFang

• Page
« Reply #667 on: November 19, 2017, 11:09:24 PM »
I think a super crack theory at this point, given the whole situation with the time-stamps, would be that Yukio is actually using the insanity as a facade, *let* himself be caught on purpose, and eventually plans to defect as well (to the Illuminati) to meet this sort of ultimate end of not only exorcising himself of Satan, but wrecking the Illuminati from the inside in the process (dying as a martyr himself). I just wouldn't put it past his demented ego and clever dick self, is all I'm sayin'. And it would be quite the twist, though perhaps a bit too similar with the whole act he put up with Shura. Then again, the whole atmosphere there, I see part of that as blatant foreshadowing where the next time he goes against his friends and Rin, he's actually going to mean it instead of faking it. Kind of rambled away there, but who knows.

Offline SKL

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #668 on: November 20, 2017, 12:38:43 AM »
I got a super crack theory. I said before that I would just keep posting whatever comes in my mind and don't care if it sounds stupid and so on, but, this is really cracky, so feel free to ignore this crap.

What's this theory about? Well, out of nowhere I suddenly had this doubt: what if everything that happens from chapter 93 to chapter 95 could actually be part of an -ingenious- Yukio's plan?

-Yukio using the nutrient bullets trick twice. ("Can't you do anything else?" (Rin))
-Yukio's plan to trick Hachirotaro into shifting Shura's regenerative ability/demon sword contract to him.

(click to show/hide)

You sure make some great theories. I think it's possible and much of it adds up. But I don't think Yukio can suddenly start being persuaded by Satan so quickly even in this broken state, and even if Satan started saying some convincing stuff. Satan has been pretty much the bane of Yukio's life. What with Rin, Shiro's death, and now himself. The reason behind his whole sh*tty life can be traced back to Satan. Sure Yukio is at rock bottom right now, and may even be willing to be very destructive to all he knows, but I don't think he will suddenly ally with his greatest bane in 3-4 hours of persuasion.

Offline tandem

« Reply #669 on: November 20, 2017, 07:31:10 AM »
Although theoretically Satan is also Yukio's ultimate enemy, until now we haven't seen many of Yukio's thoughts on Satan. Rin and Bon declared they'll beat Satan one day, but Yukio didn't. Unlike Rin, Yukio didn't witness Shiro's death. It's likely all his opinion about Satan come from other people : Shiro told him Satan is bad, the Order told him Satan is bad, Mephisto or the Order told him Satan killed Shiro, ... etc. You wouldn't expect Rin listen to a word from Satan, but things might be different in Yukio's case. That's what the anime-only ending is based for. And actually part of the anime-only audience are also convinced that Satan is not so bad (well, because they forget what happened in ep2).

Offline SKL

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #670 on: November 20, 2017, 09:56:38 AM »
^
No I do think it's possible for Satan to persuade Yukio into something eventually, I just don't think it could happen that quickly. It would be bad writing in my opinion. Katou is so careful with her character lead-ups and build-ups to an action, that I would see it as pretty sloppy plot-wise for Satan to win Yukio over so immediately and during the very first instance they sort-of interacted.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #671 on: November 20, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »
^ First of all, pleasure to meet you, SKL! I joined this forum on April and right now I'm not sure if you were active/a lot active at the time. But I read a lot (a very lot) of old topics months ago (I literally sat here and read Yukio's/Rin's and the twins topic all in one stand, to say one) to catch up to as many posts as possible (man, I wish I'd found this place earlier, why could I never find it?) so even if someone doesn't post for a while and shows up again I feel "familiar" with them somehow. So, hehe, it's a pleasure to see someone come back and post again! *sorry for off-topic*

Thank you for going through the long -crack- theory. I agree Satan wouldn't be able to "brain-wash" Yukio's mind no matter which words or arguments he can come up with. Toward the end, I said that I think Yukio will -not- actually accept to eventually help Satan, but may decide to "trick" him into believing that but he (Yukio) will actually be "using" him to his advantage (get "power" from him in the end. Which is stupid, I know, but that's the first thing I thought of).

And I used Hachirotaro's episode as an example. In that case too, Yukio tricked Hachirotaro into thinking he wanted to make a contract to their mutual benefit, but he was actually faking the whole thing and aiming to get an advantage only to -himself- (:to free Shura from the "limit age" contract and get the regenerative ability and demon sword to himself. I know this is not 100% accurate and I'm sure Yukio expected Rin to stab Hachiro before he could end signing the contract symbol. Even if, when Yukio is checking his chest to see how much of the symbol was drawn on it, it made me wonder if Yukio actually -hoped- he could've got that "power", after all). So, Yukio used this "method" already and not against any random demon.

Offline SKL

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #672 on: November 20, 2017, 10:42:07 PM »
^ First of all, pleasure to meet you, SKL! I joined this forum on April and right now I'm not sure if you were active/a lot active at the time. But I read a lot (a very lot) of old topics months ago (I literally sat here and read Yukio's/Rin's and the twins topic all in one stand, to say one) to catch up to as many posts as possible (man, I wish I'd found this place earlier, why could I never find it?) so even if someone doesn't post for a while and shows up again I feel "familiar" with them somehow. So, hehe, it's a pleasure to see someone come back and post again! *sorry for off-topic*
Nice to meet you too Cloelia! It's the same I feel like I already know you since I've read many of your posts.
I tend to come and go in the forums. There are periods where a I post a lot and others where I drop off and life takes me to other places. But I was there when this forum was in the planning. Like Neeneen and earthforge especially were at mangafox brainstorming, and made this forum happen. Which is pretty neat.

And I used Hachirotaro's episode as an example. In that case too, Yukio tricked Hachirotaro into thinking he wanted to make a contract to their mutual benefit, but he was actually faking the whole thing and aiming to get an advantage only to -himself- (:to free Shura from the "limit age" contract and get the regenerative ability and demon sword to himself. I know this is not 100% accurate and I'm sure Yukio expected Rin to stab Hachiro before he could end signing the contract symbol. Even if, when Yukio is checking his chest to see how much of the symbol was drawn on it, it made me wonder if Yukio actually -hoped- he could've got that "power", after all). So, Yukio used this "method" already and not against any random demon.
Yukio is so complex and is really a much darker character than Rin. Like you say his ploy on Hachirotaro was a masterstroke. He saved Shura's life by solving a seemingly inescapable problem. Just think about it. Even Shiro probably didn't think there was a way to get her out and accepted her short life as an inevitability. Yukio, in a way, was the true hero of that arc. But to succeed, he had to employ some dark tools. This being the fact that he understands a demon's mind better than Rin ever could...and most likely as Toudou insists, it's because he can think like one as well.

It was all an act of course. As you see it worked so well for Hachitaro that he ended up finding Yukio the most interesting fellow he encountered in a long time right up until he realized he was played for a fool. But as Shima goaded, there's always some truth laced in those lies. The problem is we don't know which parts were true and not so true. We know Yukio seeks power, but so far I think it's been mostly as a defensive measure. He has realized how vulnerable he is and needs the power to take down his enemies. It didn't seem like Yukio ever wanted power for evil domineering or megalomaniac reasons, or to subjugate the innocent. Can that it be morphed into that? There's a chance if Katou really wants to push that route I guess. There's also the statement of getting rid of his annoying brother. We already know he harbors jealousy and resentment toward Rin, but we also know for sure he loves him as well. Again it depends on what route Katou wants to take. How strong are these darker desires? In my opinion, I think it's very human and quite normal to harbor some darker thoughts/desires like this. Whether it's overpowering or if the person acts on them is what determines whether it's good or bad I believe.

What I'd like to see is Yukio actually tricking Satan like you said. He's done it several times now with other demons, that it would be the most amazing feat if he takes part in Satan's defeat in such a way. Yukio is somewhat akin to Lighting in some regard I think. They employ darker and morally questionable tactics to succeed. And in a story like this, I do think it's a necessity for some characters to take this role in order for the 'good guys' to win. Let Rin, Shiemi, Bon etc take their roles as the shining knights of all that is good, while people like Yukio, Lightning, and Shima do the dark and dirtier (yet necessary) tasks. I think both are needed to win.

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #673 on: November 21, 2017, 12:51:43 AM »

(click to show/hide)

It's not too far fetched to believe Yukio is planning something big, mainly because we're still in the dark about what he went to Headquarters to do after he got out of the hospital....sounds like he's setting something up...

Yukio didn't say anything after he got arrested. Here's a crack theory: What if Yukio set up/hired the shooter himself? Because he WANTS the world to go to hell?

Though I doubt that because he seriously looked surprised about the shooter...

Wait I think this is what you were saying, Cloelia

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #674 on: November 21, 2017, 06:04:47 AM »
I've been thinking about what Lightning wanted Shima to do in order to get the spell off him. It's easy to assume that it's Yukio who Lightning is interested in keeping tabs on, but what if it isn't? All we know is that Lightning asked Shima to "do something for him". I'm starting to think that it has something to do with Lightning's investigation and the upcoming trial. Throughout the Blue Night Investigation arc, we see that while Bon and Lightning are discovering the secrets of Section 13, at the same time we see Shiemi learn something from her mother that causes her to quit being an exorcist. I don't think it's mere coincidence that these 2 events are happening at the same time.

Maybe Lightning's request of Shima is where these two plotlines merge. If we go with the theory that Shiemi's mother is the nephilim of Shemihaza and the real traitor based on chapter 87, maybe Lightning wants Shima to bring Shiemi in for the trial and examine her as a witness. As of chapter 95, Shima has the perfect opportunity to confront Shiemi about it. Her and Izumo tricked the guards into leaving and Izumo faked being ill in order for the other two guards to bring her to the infirmery, leaving Shiemi all alone.