Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145109 times)

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #600 on: June 06, 2017, 01:44:11 PM »

Dunno about the hobo part though.  :o  ???
Given his lack of hygiene and his tendency for trash hoarding, his love for ponchos and fingerless gloves doesn't help his case.

Poor Bon.

Offline Cherub

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #601 on: June 08, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
That reminds me, before we knew where he came from, I made the bet he was from Australia. Then, when he said he was form Texas, the first thing I thought was "Meh, same thing".
X)

It's true, I totally thought he was an Australian as well - the hat reminds me of the typical bougan Aussie stereotype with no care in the world for clothing. But I could totally pass him off on being from one of the American states too, ahaha, I honestly can't see too much of a difference either ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ

(Anyone can be a trash hoarder)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 02:48:06 PM by Cherub »

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #602 on: June 20, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »
I'm one of those people who somehow (deep, very deep inside) believes that Lightning could potentially be the actual -biological- twins' father. Up till recentely, I could see all sorts of -resemblances- to only Rin (from him been considered a "demon child", to his admission at having poor memorizing skills, to his sleeping pattern, etc. (not to mention the general physical resemblance)) but I always failed to find some real Yukio's ones. This last chapter tough... Well, I was finally able to find at least 3 of them:

(click to show/hide)

^ Ops, I forgot to mention this too:

and this:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:07:44 PM by Cloelia »

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #603 on: July 24, 2017, 05:50:06 PM »
I already have this crack theory on reddit, but I figured I'd post it here too.  ;D

I think it's possible that the reason Shiemi decided not to become an exorcist is that she learned that her father is none other then Lucifer, the King of Light. Here's my evidence: 1. Both have platinum blonde hair, pale skin, and green eyes 2. Her father has never been mentioned, even though we've heard about everyone else's father. 3. It would explain her great tamer powers 4. It could also explain the reason her house is unable to be approached normally, so that Shiemi is protected. 5. Both are known to be sickly. (or in Shiemi's case, used to be) 6. It would explain why she has some sort of light in her eyes in chapter 87. 7. In chapter 89, the tree's lights break, causing the tree to start on fire. Isn't it strange how the lights that break are on the side of the tree that didn't fall onto the ground? Shiemi was also trembling in distress during this time, so she unknowingly broke them due to stress and light is the element that Lucifer controls. It could be a parallel situation to Rin's in the first chapter when he got angry and blew up the oven before his powers awakened. 8. In chapter 82, Shiemi says that she needs to learn how to be a proper human being, and Izumo in response to this calls her a "yokai", which means either a monster or ghost. Could be foreshadowing that the reason she doesn't understand human emotion is because she's not human. 9. In chapter 83, Amaimon calls her "interesting", and proceeds to in this chapter and chapter 84 put pressure on her. Maybe Amaimon knows that she isn't human, and is trying to pressure her and make her snap, like he tried with Rin. Why would he waste his time on a normal human?

I think that Shiemi quit being an exorcist because if she is Lucifer's daughter, she would be the perfect vessel for him and she wouldn't risk the chance of hurting her friends if she were possessed. The clones that were made in Section 13 could not be possessed, no matter how good the bodies were due to the different conditions that they were born in. So Lucifer decided to make his own child naturally. The time of her birth gives weight to this theory. Her birthday is March 6th, so she would have been conceived around early June. The Okumura brothers were born on December 27th, so they would have been conceived in early April. If Lucifer found out that Satan's unborn child was on it's way, he could've figured that the child would be a potential vessel for Satan or that the Order would use it as a weapon against him. Since the conception dates are not even three months apart, perhaps he was inspired by Satan's actions or felt threatened by the existence of Satan's child and made a child of his own to be a vessel.
This is just a crack theory. Whatever her secret is, I'm sure it will be shocking :D

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #604 on: July 24, 2017, 07:27:06 PM »
My pet theory is that the whole Shiemi's "I don't know what love is" is probably related to the fact that the whole Moriyama family is only composed by women and that they are not "born" as usual human beings (I wouldn't be surprised if they are clones or the result of some experiment) and that maybe this is connected to the secret Shiemi's mother told her (darn, why are we into 92 chapters so far and still don't know her name? I can understand we still don't know the Illuminati woman's name (probably cause of plot-wise reasons) but I can't see the reason behind keeping Shiemi's mother's hidden (unless it is for plot-wise reasons too?)). I mean, Shiemi told Rin that she wanted to become an exorcist and by that she meant something along the lines: "I want to be someone strong enough to be considered everyone elses' (in particular Rin) equal. Once I reached that stage, I will feel confident enough to start caring for love matters." At least this is how it sounded to me.

So, when Shiemi's mother prolly told her about how she was born, she understood that she couldn't be a "lover" for Rin. And this was directly connected to the "I want to become an exorcist" promise she made. So giving up on her exorcist quest meant for her to give up working on becoming a "comrade" and later a potentially "love partner" for Rin. I think that if the Moriyama's women were "created" in some way, instead of being born from a regular couple, this would explain Shiemi's lack in understanding how "to love" works and feels like. I don't know how to better explain it, hope the message is still clear.

Offline WhiteFang

• Page
« Reply #605 on: July 29, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
I should like to propose the crackiest of crack theories: since it's very evident that Shiemi is gonna end up with Rin, we need Yukio to join the Illuminati for #plot so that he finds someone there. :P I mean he really can't end up with Izumo/Shura/Paku/any other girl we have been introduced to, so far.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #606 on: July 29, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »
After writing a whole fanfic with the sole aim to give Yukio my own idea of a suitable love interest for him (well, that was the main objective, I'm not gonna deny it), I can't imagine him with any other female character aside my girl (LoL)

Offline WhiteFang

• Page
« Reply #607 on: July 29, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
After writing a whole fanfic with the sole aim to give Yukio my own idea of a suitable love interest for him (well, that was the main objective, I'm not gonna deny it), I can't imagine him with any other female character aside my girl (LoL)

LOL. I think I should go ahead and read that. Meanwhile, I started "Man of Snow" as my own personal YukiShi world because #heartache for Yukio. Btw, pleased to meet you! ^_^ So happy to have someone to discuss Yukio machinations with (he isn't the most popular guy, is he? especially after he lots his marbles).

Offline jackolope

• Page
« Reply #608 on: July 29, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »
This is the most straight theory I've ever read in my life. No offense, of course- but I think going down that route could end up as being very sexist as well. I don't think Yukio needs romance right now (okay, okay I will admit I do have some Yukio ships like the cursed ship  Toukio) but I think he needs a therapist, psychiatrist and some medication. It helped me!

I would, however, want to see some awesome ladies in the Illuminati. I just want to see the other demon eaters and going along with the whole "the Illuminati is gay" joke I want Illuminati lesbians. Us gays stick together and there is no way on Earth someone can convince me Toudou isn't gay.

Offline WhiteFang

• Page
« Reply #609 on: July 29, 2017, 07:05:53 PM »
This is the most straight theory I've ever read in my life. No offense, of course- but I think going down that route could end up as being very sexist as well. I don't think Yukio needs romance right now (okay, okay I will admit I do have some Yukio ships like the cursed ship  Toukio) but I think he needs a therapist, psychiatrist and some medication. It helped me!

I would, however, want to see some awesome ladies in the Illuminati. I just want to see the other demon eaters and going along with the whole "the Illuminati is gay" joke I want Illuminati lesbians. Us gays stick together and there is no way on Earth someone can convince me Toudou isn't gay.
:-[ Just to be clear, I didn't mean to be offensive! So, apologies. Like, hence why I qualified it very clearly with it being a totally crack theory (and hence to be taken with a grain of salt). Also, I'm not making any type of assumption about Yukio's sexual orientation until we get some hard evidence, but from what seems to have been shown so far, he *does* seem to like women, at least (and perhaps he internally pines for Shiemi).

With all of that said, I 100% agree that romance is probably the absolute last thing he needs right now. And I'm pretty sure that it's going to be supportive platonic/familial bonds that are going to pull him out of his funk eventually (probably because meds/therapy might not end up getting written into the story; in an IRL scenario they would obviously be part of a wholesome solution).

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #610 on: July 29, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »
Putting it bluntly, Yukio's an asshole. He rejects compassion from others and the idea that he can feel empathy for others. He's deeply screwed up, and even his twin brother can't reach him. Yukio would only be abusive to anyone who tries to help. Just look at how he shoved off Bon and mocked Rin. He can't fathom anyone could care about him, let alone love. If he encounters it, he'd push back hard. Honestly I think he'll even do this to Shiemi just to drag himself through the dirt because  Yukio hates himself more than he cares about Rin or Shiemi. Until he pulls himself out of his extended tantrum, he would be a terrible romantic partner.

I also really dislike "I can fix him" narratives. I love Yukio, but he's got a vicious streak a mile long.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline jackolope

• Page
« Reply #611 on: July 29, 2017, 09:06:01 PM »
Nah you're cool. Their all straight in this series, except for the villains and the weird characters like Lightning so there's nothing wrong with wanting Yukio to wind up with a girl. However, I think it's too far in the series for enough development to get Yukio into a good, healthy relationship. Especially with a girl from the Illuminati.

So yeah, Yukio definitely just need a therapist (he honestly probably needed one as a little kid.. ) and a psychiatrist cause this dude definitely need some medication or something. Honestly, where the fuck is Izumos therapist as well? They all sorta need something. Yukio needs more than something. Yukio needs to spend time in a psychward.

My favorite crack theory still is that Shiemi will discover shes a lesbian and when Rin finally asks her iut again at the end of the series she'll be like: "I'm gay dude lol."

Offline WhiteFang

• Page
« Reply #612 on: July 30, 2017, 02:22:05 AM »
Putting it bluntly, Yukio's an asshole. He rejects compassion from others and the idea that he can feel empathy for others. He's deeply screwed up, and even his twin brother can't reach him. Yukio would only be abusive to anyone who tries to help. Just look at how he shoved off Bon and mocked Rin. He can't fathom anyone could care about him, let alone love. If he encounters it, he'd push back hard. Honestly I think he'll even do this to Shiemi just to drag himself through the dirt because  Yukio hates himself more than he cares about Rin or Shiemi. Until he pulls himself out of his extended tantrum, he would be a terrible romantic partner.

I also really dislike "I can fix him" narratives. I love Yukio, but he's got a vicious streak a mile long.

I really wouldn't label anyone with deep seated self-deprecation and hatred as an "asshole" though. They're a victim more than anything, if they have, to date, failed to find a single person who is able to understand the fact that their mindset is messed up enough to think of themselves as absolutely unlovable, and then reach out to them accordingly, in a mature way*. Everyone in the series is fifteen though, so you can't really expect that out of them. And Yukio, who in so many ways is the same fifteen year old, has been shouldering more than his fair share for *far too long*. If anyone's an asshole, it's Shiro, for his misparenting, and then Mephisto just adding onto it after his death.

*EDIT: Shura's the only person who gets close to doing this

Also to add on a bit more, now Yukio has cracked. It's just that he has been cracking for a while, and it's a pity that none of the people close to him could really do anything about it, and it just goes to show how little they understand him. Having good intentions and being compassionate in your own way to help someone just sounds good in a textbook. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it seldom really works in the real world with people whose psyches already are too messed up to see these types of things very clearly. Also even as he was totally losing it, Yukio *did* reach out to Rin with regards to how he was bothered about their origins, and Rin in that moment was a total idiot (not wrong, because he was honest, but an idiot nonetheless - it's totally empty for Rin to *ask* Yukio to confide in him, and then basically give him a response which just alienates him further once he does... in a fragile situation like that, you don't need honesty as much as you need words which will provision comfort and understanding).

With that said, lol, I guess I totally misinterpreted the purpose of the thread or something. It was pure unadulterated crack that he should find a romantic partner in the Illuminati. As I said already, I don't think it should actually happen, nor do I believe it will.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:31:43 AM by WhiteFang »

Offline jackolope

• Page
« Reply #613 on: July 30, 2017, 02:52:26 AM »
O fuck it is a crack thread but everything on this forum turns into "Yukio is a complex character with a lot of flaws who needs help and is a asshole" so don't worry.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #614 on: July 30, 2017, 06:04:40 AM »
WhiteFang, you weren't offensive or off-topic at all. Apologies for being brusque and obnoxious in my post. I kinda wrote that while stuck in traffic.

I somewhat agree with the premise of your post, in that I'd like to see if Yukio connects with others in the Illuminati. Not necessarily romantic, but it'd be interesting to see what the organization is like from the inside when they're not plotting the demise of all living things.

O fuck it is a crack thread but everything on this forum turns into "Yukio is a complex character with a lot of flaws who needs help and is a asshole" so don't worry.

Yep. One day some other character will get development and we'll talk about him/her nonstop. Remember the days when we were theorizing and talking about Renzou nonstop? Good times. Theeeen he turned out to be a double spy, and the discussion evaporated. Poor guy only was worthy of discussion as long as he was a bad guy.

I really wouldn't label anyone with deep seated self-deprecation and hatred as an "asshole" though. They're a victim more than anything, if they have, to date, failed to find a single person who is able to understand the fact that their mindset is messed up enough to think of themselves as absolutely unlovable, and then reach out to them accordingly, in a mature way*.

It can be both? Having crippling self-loathing and being an asshole aren't mutually exclusive. People can have entirely sympathetic circumstances and be worthy of the label "total jerkwad".

(In my experience, most people don't notice when others have major self-hate issues. Multiply this 10x if person seems to be a really amazing and brilliant person on the surface. Multiply 100x if they are good at acting or lying.)

Crack theory: Armumahel is the traitor! Why? Because his shtick is annihilation as the counterpoint to Shemihaza's creation.

Yeah, I got literally no other reason for that.
"There are no answers. Only choices."