Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145110 times)

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #585 on: May 22, 2017, 02:14:11 PM »
What if Yuri Egin was actually a clone of Egyn (King of Water)?

I gathered a couple thoughts starting from this:

I don't know much about japanese language, but I combined my little knowledge I have of it with some net research and came up with this:

the name "Rin" can be written in different kanji (pardon my ignorance, but this is what I read on Wikipedia): such as 倫, 凛, 臨, 琳, 燐, りん in hiragana or リン in katakana. Probably Kato's choice for our Rin's is just random, but the one she used is this: 燐. Which it should mean: phosphorus. Now, phosphorus is a chemical element. Some of its main applications are related to fire-stuff (fireworks, matches...).

On the other hand, "Yukio" (random note, take a look at this page, I found it quite interesting :) The Meaning of the name Yukio) is written with this kanji: 雪男. And it essentially means: man of the snow. Something snow related... water related.

Ok, Rin and Yukio are two very different brothers. Can we consider "opposite" an even more suitable definition? If that's the case, aren't fire and water two opposite elements for definition as well?

Now, name aspect aside. There's this one thing that suddenly crossed my mind: what if Yuri Egin is actually a clone of the King of Water? For all we know, prolly both Rin and Yukio actually inherited the Satan's blue flames power gene but Rin got it as his dominant one and Yukio as his recessive one. But what if Yukio's dominant gene is related to the possible water element of his mother? I thought of something stupid, such as the water element suppressing the "fire" element of the flames. And this as a possible explanation for why Yukio can't access his Satan's blue flames power gene.

I have a couple considerations about Yukio having some "water related potential" in him. Such as the fact he can summon Naiads (kin of the King of Water) even w/out possessing a Tamer Meister. Also, maybe it got nothing to do with this matter, but if you consider the fact that the Kraken is also kin of the King of Water, I have this lil theory in my mind that the reason it suddenly made his appearance right after the Kyoto adventure may have an explanation. Yukio had just awoke the power in his eyes (or whatever), so he had kinda just awaken his demonic side as well. What if the Kraken "sensed" it (the awakening of the "aura" of the King of Water within Yukio's genes) and reacted to this event?

Also, Lucifer stated that HE has the power to unlock Yukio's real potential. Well, Egyn is part of the anti-human faction just as Lucifer. So he's essentially Lucifer's ally.

What do you think about this?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #586 on: May 22, 2017, 03:17:53 PM »
^ The biggest problem with this, is that Rin and Yukio's names were originally reversed, for.. whatever reason.

http://www.theblueknight.host-ed.me/forum/index.php/topic,117.msg3807.html#msg3807

So she originally named the guy with the fire powers Yukio, then realised it made no sense and changed it... I don't believe she thought all that hard about it, is what I'm saying. :P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:19:40 PM by NeeNee »

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #587 on: June 02, 2017, 08:32:05 PM »
I'm one of those people who somehow (deep, very deep inside) believes that Lightning could potentially be the actual -biological- twins' father. Up till recentely, I could see all sorts of -resemblances- to only Rin (from him been considered a "demon child", to his admission at having poor memorizing skills, to his sleeping pattern, etc. (not to mention the general physical resemblance)) but I always failed to find some real Yukio's ones. This last chapter tough... Well, I was finally able to find at least 3 of them:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:05:05 PM by Cloelia »

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #588 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »
^ If that was the case wouldn't Lightning know about Section 13? It seems like Yuri did. He wouldn't have any reason to do as much research as he's doing now.
It would also mean Satan possessed him, something he hasn't mention, like, at all.

Also, his blood type is AB. It's genetically impossible for him to be the father of Yukio (who has O).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:29:47 PM by Wikkelsoee »

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #589 on: June 02, 2017, 11:59:11 PM »
I never would've thought of him as their father, I believed he could've been their uncle with us not knowing who the twin's father was until a few chapters ago. With Lewin being raised in the US and the elixer taking place in Japan makes it impossible. To me, he'll still be the foster uncle

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #590 on: June 03, 2017, 03:34:52 AM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but do you think one reason for Lightning's obsessive and almost crazy need to research the Blue Night is because he was a clone, or affected by it somehow? He mentions here that he's lacked emotions since birth:

(click to show/hide)

That might be a result of some experimentation. He always danced around the topic on who he is and how he grew up, right?
Here he says he was "nasty enough to be feared as a demon himself":

(click to show/hide)

This all has to imply something, right?

And here!!!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Why did he panic? That's not like him at all. It must be because this information directly concerns him or his family. Most importantly, the file name was for clones of Azazel. We already know Lightning has connections to Azazel, or at least its been hinted at when he actually visited that tornado wind thing. There's definitely a lot going on with Lightning. What do you guys think?

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #591 on: June 03, 2017, 04:42:01 AM »
In the context of some of the Demon Kings + Emperors vowing to protect humanity, Lightnings statement that he "loves humans even more than demons" and "will do everything to protect them".... yeah, I do suspect he has some connection the pro-human demon kings.

Maybe he was created as part of some form of experiment to resurrect Azazel's nephilim line within Sec. 13?

It would explain his strong affinity to air demons. And it would make Azazel a sort of ancestor to him giving another meaning to him calling him "gramps".

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #592 on: June 05, 2017, 04:33:01 AM »
Maybe he was created as part of some form of experiment to resurrect Azazel's nephilim line within Sec. 13?

It would explain his strong affinity to air demons. And it would make Azazel a sort of ancestor to him giving another meaning to him calling him "gramps".

Interesting point. I do think him calling Azazel "gramps" was significant, so this makes sense.

On another note, imagine if instead of possession, Yukio becomes a demon eater? Got the idea after seeing artwork of him with the peacock wings on his back, and it reminded me of Karura and Toudou...

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #593 on: June 05, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »
On another note, imagine if instead of possession, Yukio becomes a demon eater? Got the idea after seeing artwork of him with the peacock wings on his back, and it reminded me of Karura and Toudou...

(I have a pet theory that Yukio can't be possessed, but it's only based on circumstantial evidence that we haven't seen him possessed in the main storyline or flashbacks despite his constant emotional instability.)

Betting he'll be either a demon eater or another kind of demon-human hybrid.

There's one reason why I really don't want the former -- demon-eaters consume a demon to gain power. Take a wild guess what Yukio would consume if the plotline trends along his fixation with the blue flames. If Koumaken is broken to expose Rin's demon heart, then... this would make Yukio irredeemably evil IMO. It would be conscious decision to throw away Rin's life.

If he's already a demon-human hybrid, similar but different from Rin, that skips the whole matter.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #594 on: June 05, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »

(I have a pet theory that Yukio can't be possessed, but it's only based on circumstantial evidence that we haven't seen him possessed in the main storyline or flashbacks despite his constant emotional instability.)

Betting he'll be either a demon eater or another kind of demon-human hybrid.

There's one reason why I really don't want the former -- demon-eaters consume a demon to gain power. Take a wild guess what Yukio would consume if the plotline trends along his fixation with the blue flames. If Koumaken is broken to expose Rin's demon heart, then... this would make Yukio irredeemably evil IMO. It would be conscious decision to throw away Rin's life.

If he's already a demon-human hybrid, similar but different from Rin, that skips the whole matter.

I feel that Yukio is not going to realize how far he's fallen until Rin is sacrificed. Meh. This build up is taking too long...

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #595 on: June 05, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »
Crack theory! Lightning was born in Texas but moved to California when he was really young. This explains why he acts more like a stereotypical Californian bum than a Texan bum. I mean, look at those shorts and socks and wacky fashion sense! He'd fit right in Santa Cruz or Los Angeles!  :D

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #596 on: June 05, 2017, 11:11:01 PM »
Crack theory! Lightning was born in Texas but moved to California when he was really young. This explains why he acts more like a stereotypical Californian bum than a Texan bum. I mean, look at those shorts and socks and wacky fashion sense! He'd fit right in Santa Cruz or Los Angeles!  :D

He consumes too many hamburgers to be from Cali. Too fattening. It would have to be like Kale salad or fish tacos. ;p

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #597 on: June 05, 2017, 11:40:09 PM »

He consumes too many hamburgers to be from Cali. Too fattening. It would have to be like Kale salad or fish tacos. ;p

"Too fattening"?

Allow me to introduce you to the true food of my people :D

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:52:51 PM by earthforge »

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #598 on: June 06, 2017, 01:12:25 AM »
^^Haha. I had a feeling you'd mention In-N-Out Burger. Even though he says he was "lying" about his origins to Suguro. I have a feeling he's American. Lack of manners for one. Muahaha.  ;D And his devil may care attitude. Dunno about the hobo part though.  :o  ???

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #599 on: June 06, 2017, 04:30:47 AM »
That reminds me, before we knew where he came from, I made the bet he was from Australia. Then, when he said he was form Texas, the first thing I thought was "Meh, same thing".
X)

Dunno about the hobo part though.  :o  ???
Given his lack of hygiene and his tendency for trash hoarding, his love for ponchos and fingerless gloves doesn't help his case.