Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145092 times)

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #525 on: July 24, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »
I know it's crack and isn't supposed to make sense but I'm just going to kill it and say that there's no way that Neuhaus can be the father because he has AB blood and couldn't produce an O child (Yukio)

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #526 on: July 24, 2015, 06:39:20 PM »
I know it's crack and isn't supposed to make sense but I'm just going to kill it and say that there's no way that Neuhaus can be the father because he has AB blood and couldn't produce an O child (Yukio)

Given that Yukio seems to have also inherited demonic powers... The one who needs to have the O allele should be Satan, not Neuhaus.

The whole demon possession thing adds a wild factor into the equation.

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #527 on: July 24, 2015, 06:40:33 PM »
Yeah, like

Can Satan even pass on alleles?

God I just want to know what happennneeedddddddd the TRUTH will set me free!

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #528 on: July 24, 2015, 06:53:44 PM »
Or maybe Kato doesn't know/care about how blood types are passed down and she gave the characters their blood types on the basis of that belief that their influence personality.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #529 on: July 24, 2015, 07:15:19 PM »
Er. If the father doesn't have the correct bloodtype, you can be sure 20 people will point it out to her before the next chapter, so I hope she has someone to check such things for her.

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #530 on: July 24, 2015, 08:05:30 PM »
Yeah, like

Or, before that, does Satan even have blood?

In chapter one, he tells Rin "you draw my blood" (i.e. "you're my descendant"), but the kanji for "blood" is replaced with the kanji for "flames". "Drawing blood" is just a common expression for "descending from", though it seems to me Katou wanted to specify something here...

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #531 on: July 24, 2015, 09:53:21 PM »
Back in the day, long before Fukaku slayed the Impure King, in the olden days when the deity Fudo still used the Kurikara....

It originally hosted Yamantaka.

So I was doing some fic research on Hinduism and Buddhism, and found some interesting stuff about the Myou Dha related demons.

Myouou Dharani is a made-up sect. It literally translates to "Wisdom God mantra".

Myo-o are deities in Esoteric Buddhism. Among them are Acala (Fudo myo-o), Ucchusma (Ususma myo-o), and Yamantaka (daiitoku myo-o).

It stands to reason that Myou Dha might have contracts with them all.

Do we know what domain Yamantaka is in?

Ok, now let's remember Neuhaus' wife anime counterpart Spiderwoman/Michelle:
(click to show/hide)

She had that wooden staff that was quite durable... It could clash with Shura's demon sword and all...

Which reminded me of:

(click to show/hide)

So, basically I'm saying:

Nauhaus wife=Yuri=Lady Boss.

I mean, since the IK Arc some stuff from the manga has started to show concepts that were in the final filler of the anime.

Oh jeebus. While I don't think Noihaus's wife is Yuri, Lady Boss could be Noihaus' wife.

I hope we figure out what's going on with Noihaus.

(S2s released their version of chapter 69 btw.)

Or, before that, does Satan even have blood?

In chapter one, he tells Rin "you draw my blood" (i.e. "you're my descendant"), but the kanji for "blood" is replaced with the kanji for "flames". "Drawing blood" is just a common expression for "descending from", though it seems to me Katou wanted to specify something here...

Yeah, blue flames is the key indicator of Satan shenanigans in the manga. I don't think it has anything to do with blood.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #532 on: July 24, 2015, 10:03:14 PM »
Oh, well, I am bored to death, figured it was worth checking to see if Kato respected the way blood types are inherited in the case of the Suguro Family (I think they are the only family of which we have the info on both parents).

Bon -> B

Torako -> AB

Tatsuma -> B

Note, Torako's and Tatsuma's blood types are from the wikia, which has had the blood types wrong before.

Ok, now people who actually know how this works, do the checking.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #533 on: July 24, 2015, 10:21:46 PM »
^ It works. It would even work if only one of the parents (either one) was his real parent.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #534 on: July 24, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »
Do we know what domain Yamantaka is in?
By domain, you mean kin?
If we do I don't remember, but I'd guess fire.
Especially since every demons related to the Shima family are fire demons. And they also have these flames tattoos; well at least Yaozou does.

Yeah, blue flames is the key indicator of Satan shenanigans in the manga. I don't think it has anything to do with blood.
We still don't have proof demons have blood. *shrug*

Ok, now people who actually know how this works, do the checking.
It's easy, just see O type as OO, A type as AO, B type as BO and AB as AB.
Then each parent always gives one of the letter, so we have:
OO+OO=OO
OO+AO=OO/AO
OO+BO=OO/BO
AO+AO=OO/AO/AA
BO+BO=OO/BO/BB
AO+BO=OO/AO/BO/AB
OO+AB=AO/BO
AO+AB=AO/AA/BO/AB
BO+AB=AO/BO/BB/AB
AB+AB=AA/BB/AB
(With AA and BB becoming AO and BO for later calculation. O actually stands for Zero, which means the absence of A or B.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:47:42 PM by chinonamida »

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #535 on: July 25, 2015, 08:43:34 AM »
So, basically I'm saying:

Nauhaus wife=Yuri=Lady Boss.

I am here to rescue the crack theory with CRACK GENETICS! I KNEW all this useless trivia from my undergrad degree would come in handy!

Okay so with Neuhaus/Yuri we're looking at something like this (assuming Yuri has at least one O because Yukio seems to have two and they have to come from somewhere):

AB (Neuhaus) + ?O (Yuri) = AA or AO (Rin) + OO (Yukio)

This doesn't add up to Yukio. Where'd he get a second O from an AB dad? Well, everything in biology has exceptions and there's at least three (all very rare) ways an AB parent can have an O child:

(click to show/hide)

The theory lives! (on life support)

As for the "does Satan even have blood?" question, I've always kind of headcanoned that the demon and human parts of a half-demon are formed separately and then fuse somehow. Like, Yuri and Satan's human host make an embryo the normal way, and Satan makes a demon heart for it in whatever way demons do, and then the baby demon is stuck possessing that baby human body permanently, and they end up having a single mind and everything. So the kid would get a human body from its human parents (complete with real working blood!), and powers from the demon parent. Pointy ears etc happen because that happens to everyone who's possessed by a demon, even when they also ARE the demon.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #536 on: July 25, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »
Facets, you are a beautiful person...

But how does a person know if they have Bombay blood or O blood without going through the unsuccessful transfusion first?  Cause unsuccessful transfusions sound sorta dangerous.

And 1 in 100,000 is 0.00001% of the population... if your population is 128,056,026 that's 12.8056026 people. Almost 13 people!

So basically this theory depends on Kato either :

- not knowing/caring about blood genetics.
- knowing and caring a lot about blood genetics.
- the random factor of demon genetics.

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #537 on: July 27, 2015, 08:00:03 AM »
is it possible for satan to have a bloodtype? let's say he had no container when he conceived the twins inside yuri, would he still able to contribute those genetics stuff or its completely yuri's alone? i alway saw satan as an out of this world entity. he is a demon and not some human species  its kinda confusing or kato just didnt care and wrote any letter in their blood types. the nehaus theory is quite outrageous but i kinda like it though

Offline questdrivencollie

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #538 on: July 27, 2015, 10:59:20 AM »
Yeah, like

God I just want to know what happennneeedddddddd the TRUTH will set me free!
I don't see how Rin could have inherited anything from him otherwise, but this is fiction sooooooooooooooo

We still don't have proof demons have blood. *shrug*

Does "the blood of Gehenna runs through your veins" count, or is that an English translation/dub only line?

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2015, 04:41:47 PM »
is it possible for satan to have a bloodtype? let's say he had no container when he conceived the twins inside yuri, would he still able to contribute those genetics stuff or its completely yuri's alone?
If there was only Yuri's genetic code available, then Yukio and Rin would be clones of Yuri.

I don't see how Rin could have inherited anything from him otherwise, but this is fiction sooooooooooooooo
It's hard to see if we only think about genetic inheritance. But I guess half demons inherits from demons through some other means.
We still don't know how Demon reproduce; for all we know they could just be reproducing like how when you part a fire in two you then have two fires or when you cut some plants in two you then have two plants. Think about it, most of them are made of stuff like fire or water or light... Maybe demons grow in size as their power grows and they just use part of themselves to create other demons. Just picture some high level rot demon oozing coaltars like it's sweat, or high level fire demon leaving low level fire demons in it's wake every time it takes a step.

Does "the blood of Gehenna runs through your veins" count, or is that an English translation/dub only line?
Where is that line from?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:43:51 PM by chinonamida »