Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145052 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #495 on: October 15, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »
Come to think of it, what was the 'Waffen-SS' from Google Translate? Was that about the twins or something else?

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #496 on: October 22, 2014, 11:01:08 PM »
Come to think of it, what was the 'Waffen-SS' from Google Translate? Was that about the twins or something else?
That was probably for the guards.

(I'm bored. Can you tell?)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #497 on: October 23, 2014, 12:00:15 AM »
(I'm bored. Can you tell?)

Yeah, the forum has gone really calm.

Someone post some more topics.

Offline DemonGirl-Setsuna

• Exwire
« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2014, 07:23:09 PM »
(Not 100% sure this is the correct thread to post this... :-\)

None of the Demon Kings we've seen seem to have Blue-flames. (That we know of...)

What if this is because; despite being "children" of Satan, they're not biologically his kids.
They're; in a lack of a better-word, adopted!

Satan: "You are powerful, become my son/daughter!"

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:14:33 PM by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #499 on: October 28, 2014, 07:52:37 PM »
Oh this is the perfect place to post it. It makes sense too!

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2014, 08:05:40 PM »
(Not 100% sure this is the correct thread to post this... :-\)

None of the Demon Kings we've seen seem to have Blue-flames. (That we know of...)

What if this is because; despite being "children" of Satan, they're not biologically his kids.
They're; in a lack of a better-word, adopted!

Satan: "You are powerful, become my son/daughter!"

For some odd reason, I can see that happening. It could also explain  why some have an undying loyalty for him while others utterly despise him/don't care.

Offline GolPhee

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #501 on: October 30, 2014, 10:21:34 AM »
^I'm not sure why this is a crack theory. I thought it was kinda obvious, I mean, why on earth would Satan care about some half-human illegitimate son if he already had 8 considerably more powerful pureblood children? I always figured the "father" thing was more like the homunculus in FMA B

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #502 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:07 AM »
^ Because Rin has a body in Assiah? So Satan can possess it?

Didn't he pretty much say as much in the first chapter?

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #503 on: October 30, 2014, 03:00:19 PM »
No he just said he needs Rin to 'help take over the world!!!!! Mwahaha!' It's too vague, he never said how.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #504 on: October 30, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
He did say his problem was that he didn't have a body to possess. Either way, that's probably what makes Rin special.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #505 on: October 30, 2014, 08:22:38 PM »
In the first chapter Satan says to Rin:

"There is one thing I don't have, you know what it is? A substance in this world powerful enough to contain me. Anything I touch in this world is doom to destruction. (..) It's Assiah that I want. It was out of mere boredom that I created you, but I have realised it was a master-stroke. You exist in the world of Assiah and yet bear the blood of the God of Gehenna."

Offline GolPhee

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #506 on: October 30, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
^ True, but if that were the sole reason, surely Satan would have tried to possess, or at least recapture Rin already. I think the demon kings are of Satan's essence for sure, but I don't think they're related to him biologically.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #507 on: October 30, 2014, 11:24:58 PM »
What Satan says in the first chapter is basically:

Let's go to Gehenna.
Will have to destroy that thing [Kanji: sword] to free you from this seal/curse.

Regain your power [Kanji: true nature] as a demon.

I'm a perfect entity who reigns_over/controls/dominates/unifies all powers/forces/authorities.
But even someone sush as me, have one little flaw/downside. Do you get what that is?
That is, here, in Assiah, there is no equivalent matter.
The matter affected by me immediately breaks.

I want Assiah.
You exist in Assiah while being a god of gehenna; while drawing my blood [Kanji: flames]. ["drawing blood" means "inheriting from"/"being the descendant of"]

In order for me to obtain Assiah, you are indispensable.
Today you will be reborn.

In other words:

I want to exist in Assiah but everything I possess burns.
That's why I need you. You can exist in Assiha and you are powerful enough to resist my flames.
So let's go to gehenna and make you regain your demon power/nature so I can possess you and go to Assiah.

or

I want to rule over Assiah but everything I possess burns.
That's why I need you. You can exist in Assiha and you are powerful enough to rule it.
So let's go to gehenna and make you regain your demon power/nature so I can make you my representative and send you back to Assiah.

With the first interpretation, we don't know what Satan needs to do to possess Rin and what he's waiting for.

But there's one major flaw with the second interpretation. If Satan can't exist in Assiah, what forces Rin to listen to him? It can end up like Mephisto. This plan as so many chances to backfire, I wouldn't call that a master plan.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #508 on: October 30, 2014, 11:53:59 PM »
My gut instinct tells me that Satan is too much of a narcissist to even consider that Rin and Mephisto wouldn't listen to him. And Lucifer is going to give him a body anyway, I don't know why he needs Rin now. I assume it's not that hard for him to possess something. The only exception is if Rin's half-demon status makes it hard somehow.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #509 on: October 31, 2014, 12:59:16 AM »
My gut instinct tells me that Satan is too much of a narcissist to even consider that Rin and Mephisto wouldn't listen to him.
I think he knows demons can do whatever they want in Assiah.
When he sent Amaimon to ask Mephisto when he'll come back to Gehenna, it sure sounded like Satan asked Mephisto to come back for quite a while but Mephisto never obliged.
The fact everything in Assiah is out of his control is what makes him hate not being able to go there.

And Lucifer is going to give him a body anyway, I don't know why he needs Rin now.
Yes. Still we don't know what's the deal Satan made with Mephisto.
Satan most likely plays on many tables.

I assume it's not that hard for him to possess something. The only exception is if Rin's half-demon status makes it hard somehow.
Izumo is a ?% demon and it made possession easier.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:04:04 AM by chinonamida »