Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145063 times)

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #465 on: July 15, 2014, 04:19:54 AM »
 :)  ;)  Kay, I have kind of a crack headcanon theory; Shura is famous for her headlock move, and she practiced and perfected it on both Arthur and Yukio! Much to Shiros amusement! LOL!   ;D

Offline cottontailcake

• Junior First Class
« Reply #466 on: July 23, 2014, 09:25:25 AM »
Bon and Lady Boss are related. (Proof in the hair~!)

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #467 on: July 31, 2014, 05:28:30 PM »
^ Except Bon dyes his hair :P

Offline cottontailcake

• Junior First Class
« Reply #468 on: July 31, 2014, 11:15:23 PM »
So does Lady Boss, I assume. ;D

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #469 on: August 01, 2014, 12:03:09 AM »
Unless she's a Toudou.

Speaking of which I want some backstory on him already. Let's make up some crack theories about his past like...

Dude would put himself into dangerous situations to impress his family who were putting down his ability to do anything, and then he just got scolded.

Offline cottontailcake

• Junior First Class
« Reply #470 on: August 02, 2014, 07:05:43 AM »
I want to say something in reply, but Toudou gives me about -10% inspiration, so I... not happening.

I bet he was one of those kids who saw the garden as his personal buffet.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2014, 08:00:10 AM »
Oh yes. Definitely a 'weird nerd' type who went 1000% over the edge.

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #472 on: August 03, 2014, 04:55:48 AM »
Okay, I may have mentioned this before, but I have a crack theory that Yukio and Izumo see the same psychiatrist, which naturally leads to some pretty... interesting therapy sessions...  ;)  ;D

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #473 on: August 03, 2014, 05:35:13 AM »
I want Yukio and Rin to see the same psychiatrist. And him realising that their issues are the same, and rubbing it in their faces because they are too stupid to see it themselves.

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #474 on: August 03, 2014, 06:21:31 AM »
 ;)  ;D Reminds me of a fan fic where Rin and Yukio do see the same psychiatrist. Rin gets off with a diagnosis of very mild Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, but poor Yukio is diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder!

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2014, 07:16:59 AM »
If this is a normal psychiatrist, they might also walk out with a diagnosis of Chuunibyou. (Is that an officially diagnosed thing?)

Offline cottontailcake

• Junior First Class
« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2014, 10:14:25 AM »
ahhaaa... my google-fu turned out something that equated to 'anime character' for that strange word on the first attempt... but I think I get it. Sounds about right.

I would like to see them trying to avoid that diagnosis.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »
;)  ;D Reminds me of a fan fic where Rin and Yukio do see the same psychiatrist. Rin gets off with a diagnosis of very mild Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, but poor Yukio is diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder!

That sounds like it might fit him, actually. Besides, if Belle can do it... :))
http://www.cracked.com/article_19336_6-beloved-characters-that-had-undiagnosed-mental-illnesses.html

But really, looking at the list here, I fit half of the symptoms myself. That's when this line comes in:

It is a requirement of ICD-10 that a diagnosis of any specific personality disorder also satisfies a set of general personality disorder criteria.

Yukio acts detached, but there are plenty of explanations that don't involve a disorder, and it doesn't seem to be out of his control or disrupt his life.

If fact, I still think Shima is a better candidate for mental illness. If anyone has trouble forming bonds, it's him.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2014, 08:35:33 PM »
Chuunibyou means "Middle School Second Year Syndrome" and it's where someone believes or pretends that they are "special" somehow. That they're a hero, or a demon, or have special powers. Usually they do this for attention or in desperation to believe they are something more than average or mundane.

I think you can see why a psychiatrist might diagnose Rin with that. Until he proves he's not kidding by setting fire to things.

Offline cottontailcake

• Junior First Class
« Reply #479 on: August 03, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
... not unless he actually lets them burn with real flames, 'cause I hear his 'burning but not consuming' shtick would be invisible to them. Well -- I think that differs between anime and manga.

Anyway, psychiatrist (probably psychologist?) will now be freaking out about the fact that their client has given them a hallucinogen. Can't see this ending well. :D