Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145197 times)

Offline Elaedan

• Intermediate First Class
  • Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #390 on: April 07, 2014, 07:16:32 AM »
^if the profile is from Seijyuji Gakuen guide, I can try to find it and share when I get home in 4h...
~魔神の落胤~

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #392 on: April 08, 2014, 03:31:21 AM »
And Yuri could be as young as 30.

You think she was fourteen when Satan raped her?

You sure know how to make a bad situation worse, don't you? ;__;

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #393 on: April 08, 2014, 03:41:11 AM »
Weren't the twins fifteen at the beginning of the series? So, if you count 15 years back from the beginning of the series with her being 30 at it, she would have been 15 when it happened. (or I'm getting the timeline completely messed up, which would not be strange for me).

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #394 on: April 08, 2014, 03:46:26 AM »
There's the addition of 9 months during pregnancy too
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #395 on: April 08, 2014, 03:54:47 AM »
Well, maybe she was closer to sixteen than to fifteen? All we know is that she had the lowest exorcism rank. And Cram School seems to be normally started when you are 15.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #396 on: April 08, 2014, 03:55:54 AM »
So she's probably more into her thirties - which would tie in best to her rank.

Youtube account

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #397 on: April 08, 2014, 04:02:25 AM »
In my fic, she is close to turning 31 at the beginning of the series.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #398 on: April 08, 2014, 04:11:36 AM »
Weren't the twins fifteen at the beginning of the series? So, if you count 15 years back from the beginning of the series with her being 30 at it, she would have been 15 when it happened. (or I'm getting the timeline completely messed up, which would not be strange for me).

According to Chino's timeline, they were 15-and-a-half at the beginning of the series (school starts end March and the twins' birthday is end December), so

30 years - 15 years, 6 months - 9 months pregnancy = 13 years, 9 months.

Even if she's just a month away from turning 31, she'd only have 14 years, 8 months. I'm pretty sure that at that age, she should've been still in middle school (unless she skipped a grade or something).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:14:57 AM by NeeNee »

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #399 on: April 08, 2014, 04:24:18 AM »
Ok, here is when I ask a thing about the school system of the North Hemisphere.

Here in Argentina, classes go from the first week of March to the first week of December.

If a kid has its birthday after the last day of June (meaning, he was born in the period of time form the first day of July to the last day of December) he is enters school a year later.

Ie. I was born in February 1995. So I was 5 in February 2000 and started Kinder Garden that year. But if I had been born in July 1995, I would have started Kinder Garden in 2001, turning 6 halfway through that year.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #400 on: April 08, 2014, 04:28:54 AM »
Ummmm but isn't it just 3 months from December to March? .___. Nevertheless, Yuri was quite young if she was raped at teen...
But then again demons doesn't care whom their victim is..

Our school year starts at August and ends at next June.. I was 6 when I started. So can't help... But Rin and Yukio went to school, it seems, on time.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:30:54 AM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #401 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:42 AM »
We have a two weeks break during July so you don't have to attend school during the colder days of the year.

Maybe we shoudl draw the Japanese School year on a line witht he months... Here, the Summer Break (December-March) marks the change from one school year tot he next. I don't know in Japan, they have different holidays.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #402 on: April 08, 2014, 04:38:22 AM »
Ok, here is when I ask a thing about the school system of the North Hemisphere.

Here in Argentina, classes go from the first week of March to the first week of December.

If a kid has its birthday after the last day of June (meaning, he was born in the period of time form the first day of July to the last day of December) he is enters school a year later.

Ie. I was born in February 1995. So I was 5 in February 2000 and started Kinder Garden that year. But if I had been born in July 1995, I would have started Kinder Garden in 2001, turning 6 halfway through that year.

You have three months of holiday every year? And you only start Kinder Garden at 5?! Whoa... :o

We start classes the first of September and finish the end of June. You join Kindergarden the school year in which you turn 3. Not sure about children who were born during the holidays; I assume they can choose if they want to join the year before or after.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #403 on: April 08, 2014, 04:45:45 AM »
Well, technically, classes go on until the a little before Christmas. But that's only for those who failed some subject and need to take the special exams in December to save the year.

You can start Kinder Garden at age 3 (heck, some Kinder Gardens take in kids as young as 6 months). The 5-years-old level is the last one and the only one obligatory by law. Primary School starts at 6, that year of Kinder garden being meant to ensure all kids know how to read, write and some basic maths before proper school (and so they get used to being away from their homes under the teacher's authority).

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #404 on: April 08, 2014, 04:46:36 AM »
We start Kindergarten at 5 where I live. Sometimes you can get in at 4. Usually 4 and under is pre-school (I never attended. I actually got booklets from the store to do. No wonder I'm a school nerd.)

There may be differences in where you are in Canada, but I know here you are assigned to start school depending on the year you were born.

Sounds the same as here -
My parents tried to get me in when I was 4, since during the school year I'd turn 5 (start in September as 4, turn 5 in February), but I was denied and had to wait until the next September.

In Japan they start their school year in march. You then get summer break (not sure how long, think 2 months), then you get winter break, and end the year at spring break.
(Sakiko just graduated from university last month).

Youtube account