Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145200 times)

Offline Isis-Lied

• Junior Second Class
  • maybe someday i'll finish a fanfic...
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #360 on: March 05, 2014, 08:22:27 PM »
He'd provide a decent distraction or the cram school kids to escape; and even if he's weak, I'm sure the Illuminati wouldn't appreciate a random earthquake :P

Not to mention if Mephisto really wants to get rid of Amaimon he can send him on this suicide mission instead of outright killing him, since that's not really his style
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." -Serbian Proverb

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #361 on: March 05, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »
Random earthquake actually sounds like a great technique at this point.

Well, except for the part where the exwires would be buried two deep under the rubble. Might want to get them out first. But once that's done, levelling the building would be a pretty efficient way to set back research.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:50:49 PM by NeeNee »

Offline BrilliantAkane

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2014, 02:55:12 AM »
@BrILLIANT, stop, this is turning into Salaryman chapter material those it must be drawn

Never! (insert maniac laughter)

Offline Isis-Lied

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #363 on: March 08, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »
On another random note, was it mentioned that all demons have a fatal verse? Because I have this cracky theory/headcanon that the reason why demon kings (minus the fact that they're super powerful and stuff) cannot be defeated by even high-ranking exorcists is because the only way to dispel them besides harming the host body would be their fatal verse, which I think is probably like an entire book of the Bible (like all of Job, for example) or some long sutra/chant. Meaning, that you'd probably be dead before you could even finish reciting it.
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." -Serbian Proverb

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #364 on: March 08, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
Do fatal verses even kill demons?

I'm still not clear on what happens when a demon gets destroyed in Assiah. Are they really gone or do they just return to Gehenna?

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #365 on: March 08, 2014, 09:16:50 PM »
^ I think they die when they are exorcised in Assiah. It wouldn't make sense for them to fear exorcists otherwise.

Offline Avaricious

• Page
« Reply #366 on: March 08, 2014, 09:26:49 PM »
On another random note, was it mentioned that all demons have a fatal verse? Because I have this cracky theory/headcanon that the reason why demon kings (minus the fact that they're super powerful and stuff) cannot be defeated by even high-ranking exorcists is because the only way to dispel them besides harming the host body would be their fatal verse, which I think is probably like an entire book of the Bible (like all of Job, for example) or some long sutra/chant. Meaning, that you'd probably be dead before you could even finish reciting it.

What about the demon Fujimoto exorcised in chapter 1, if that demon is Astaroth like in the anime then the chant he used wasn't that long.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #367 on: March 08, 2014, 09:33:30 PM »
If that demon was Ashtaroth Fujimoto wouldn't have killed it so easily. I don't think it is.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #368 on: March 08, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »
If the anime was correct, the chant didn't kill him. He was back five minutes later.

In fact, it didn't seem to do anything, since he was still using the same body too.

Offline Avaricious

• Page
« Reply #369 on: March 08, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
If that demon was Ashtaroth Fujimoto wouldn't have killed it so easily. I don't think it is.

In the Viz volume Fujimoto said he "drove out the demon" possibly meaning he just removed it/him from the boy's body not killed it, but your right he was defeated rather easily for a demon king even if
Fujimoto was the paladin.

If the anime was correct, the chant didn't kill him. He was back five minutes later.

In fact, it didn't seem to do anything, since he was still using the same body too.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:47:02 PM by Avaricious »

Offline Isis-Lied

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #370 on: March 08, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
I was under the impression that fatal verses were an easy/safe way to expel a demon from a human host. Like you wouldn't exactly want to shoot a demon-possessed human; a verse that expels it back to Gehenna seems much easier. I don't think they kill (as in destroys the heart) the demon because regardless of if Shiratori was possessed by Astaroth or not, the demon came right back. Still, that was in the anime, right? Wasn't it expelled by the verse in the manga and then never heard of again?

(Sorry if I'm wrong; it's been ages since I read the first chapter)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #371 on: March 08, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »
It was never heard from again in the manga.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #372 on: March 08, 2014, 11:10:06 PM »
^I also support the idea that fatal verses just expel demons from Assiah and they get angry because possession is hard etc~
~魔神の落胤~

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #373 on: April 01, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »
Ok, so I was thinking.

Igor Neuhaus is 39, right?

So he must have been like 23-24 when the Blue Night happened.

He said he was possessed by Satan for a short period of time (enough for him to survive having only lost his eye) and that he "lost his family as they approached to try to help" him:

(click to show/hide)

That Satan murdered his family using his hands:

(click to show/hide)

And we see that woman giving us her back. And she has curly/wavy hair.

Who else is dead and Kazue designed her with wavy/curly long hair?

(click to show/hide)

What if... What if Satan raped Yuri using Neuhaus body. She then found herself pregnant  but it didn't cross their mind it was Satan's. But when Rin was born his flames killed Yuri, hence Neuhaus hatred.

-------------- Ok, that was crack as hell.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #374 on: April 01, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »
Very cracky o.o
It's possible in a way, yes, but, I think Neuhaus would be dead or at least lose more than an eye.
Aaaaand I don't think I see any of the twins in him (or vice versa).

I just realized how weird it must be to think you kind have two dads.
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account