Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145160 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2014, 12:20:30 AM »
I thought Mephisto was his preference name. It seems to be the one he's using with everyone except for his brothers.

Offline themoonlandian

• Intermediate First Class
  • I'm a tree
« Reply #316 on: March 01, 2014, 12:23:40 AM »
A preference name. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more than one preferable name.

Small crack:
The demons didn't have a name until they:

(gehenna and Assiah split theory):
The humans had to give them names in order to send them to Gehenna

(Gehenna and Asshiah were always separate theory):
Until they came to Assiah and were given names.

Some even gave themselves names.
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #317 on: March 01, 2014, 12:36:27 AM »
Crack accepted.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #318 on: March 01, 2014, 04:18:23 AM »
I dunno. Lucifer doesn't seem like the type to care about his brother's preferences, so if he calls him Samael, I think that's pretty official.

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #319 on: March 01, 2014, 07:36:18 AM »
I like it that way though, because it explains why they can have names in human languages like Hebrew and Latin that might not have existed when they were born (yeah, I imagine both Samael and Lucifer to be SUPER old, as in remembers-when-humans-invented-fire old).

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2014, 07:38:50 AM »
Good point! Though the names may be close to what they are in the Demonic tongue.

Offline siyrean

• Page
« Reply #321 on: March 01, 2014, 01:12:47 PM »
another thought I had, is what if Mephisto was planning on pulling a Dumbledore. Meaning, Rins a sacrificial lamb for the ends. Like if he planned to get Satan to possess him, and some how trap him in a mortal body so he can then be killed.

I'm not sure on this, as I don't see Shiro agreeing. But I also don't think Mephisto has any interest in taking over Gehenna. He really doesn't seem to give two shits about the place and would rather frolic/keep Satan away, from his favourite playground. I see that as his concern, and reason for helping the True Cross. Humans are his entertainment. He doesn't want to lose that.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #322 on: March 01, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
I like it that way though, because it explains why they can have names in human languages like Hebrew and Latin that might not have existed when they were born (yeah, I imagine both Samael and Lucifer to be SUPER old, as in remembers-when-humans-invented-fire old).

Same here! I really like their 'real' Baal names but it just crossed my mind ^^"

And what if Latin etc have evolved from demonic tongue? (Got idea from Tardar's last post)
~魔神の落胤~

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2014, 12:37:01 AM »
I was going through Arthur scenes for the fic when I came across when they call Mephisto to see the Gehena Gate... If they do not know he is Samael the King of Time, and believe he is some random high ranking time.space demon, why did they expect him to be able to close the Gehena Gate? It can only be opened by Satan, so, if they expected him to be able to close it, they must know he is of Satan's blood. Also he said "not even I can stop time forever" which sounds like he is saying "if I, being the King of Time, can't do it, nobody else can".
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:57:11 AM by MetallicArcher »

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2014, 12:47:08 AM »
Yeah. That's why, if they do not know he is Samael, they think he is a big shot time and space demon.

But even the phantom train can travel to Gehenna, just not with Satan's gate. What that is, is a dimensional rip, which time/space demons specialize in.

About 80%-90% likelihood they know who he is tho'.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2014, 01:07:47 AM »
I was aiming at that the Gehena Gate can only be made by Satan, even if other time-space demons can travel between worlds, they wouldn't expect a demon not linked to Satan by blood to be able to close it.

tardar senpai tell me what you think about my Yuri design in the other thread...

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2014, 01:21:47 AM »
But they'd be able to expect the upper level time-space demon to do something about a Gehenna Gate NOT made by Satan. Whatever this thing is, it's probably different than a "true" Gehenna Gate. If it can be made by humans, it can be closed by any demon that can alter dimensions. Or so they believe, but it turns out to be very very close to a true Gehenna Gate.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2014, 01:28:33 AM »
Yeah, that's the other thing I would like to know, how did Lightning tell it apart from the true Gehena Gate so easily? Sure, it was coming from a machine and it didn't look like the one Satan made to take Rin, actually, it would be more accurate to wonder how he recognised it to be a Gehena Gate at all...

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2014, 01:44:13 AM »
BECAUSE YOUR FANFIC IS TOTALLY RIGHT AND YURI TOLD HIM ABOUT IT.

Or he's seen a real Gehenna Gate in photographs.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2014, 01:50:30 AM »
lol, yes, you see, this it totally the hint we were waiting for, Yuri x Lightning people. Yuri told them to go for the Artificial Gehena Gate, they couldn't have known it was a Gehena Gate with the way it looked if someone else didn't tell them before hand...

Well, I would guess they have illustrations of the Gate form the time sit has appeared but then you have that second question and Lightning's creepy pupils...