Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145151 times)

Offline Desktop Warrior

• Junior Second Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
I don't mind at all! In fact, any theory or idea that I post here or on tumblr is free for anyone to use wherever they like.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's gotten to the point where I see Mephisto's hand in everything. Even if something wasn't originally part of his plans, he's able to use it to some benefit of his own.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2014, 03:54:59 AM »
I don't mind at all! In fact, any theory or idea that I post here or on tumblr is free for anyone to use wherever they like.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's gotten to the point where I see Mephisto's hand in everything. Even if something wasn't originally part of his plans, he's able to use it to some benefit of his own.

That's called being observant. His hand IS in everything. If you're living in AoEx and Mephisto doesn't scare the shit out of you, something is wrong.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2014, 05:36:56 AM »

That's called being observant. His hand IS in everything. If you're living in AoEx and Mephisto doesn't scare the shit out of you, something is wrong.
Yes, Mepphy would definitely twist every coming option to his own plan like Palpatine in Star Wars! His A big fish gamer so I would be bewared of him...

And rofl I just laughed so much at the idea of Caliburn and Umbrella's sass contest xDD but seriously, I totally wait too when the Umbrella joins the fight! (Btw what do you think is the Umbrella A demon or just enchanted/created thing of Mephisto? Does the character book give any hint?) sorry I took this from another thread ^^
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:46:34 AM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline siyrean

• Page
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
I was just rereading some chapters and i'm now convinced the order doesn't know who exactly Mephisto is. the legend of Faust has been around since Elizabethan times but he'd only been using that name for 200 years. He needed to be a powerful demon for the order, but if they knew he was a King, there's no way they could think they could bring him to trial or hold him accountable in any respect. And the way they acted towards Rin just seemed really hypocritical if they were already working with a King of hell.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2014, 05:18:31 PM »
Ohhhhh, hm. So he is pretending to be the actual Mephistopheles, and the real Mephistopheles is another demon entirely?

I like.

Offline Isis-Lied

• Junior Second Class
  • maybe someday i'll finish a fanfic...
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2014, 07:23:42 PM »
Lol, that would make a lot of sense actually (pretending to be Mephistopheles). I assume many of the Order/Vatican members would have at least heard of the play. As such, Samael decided to pretend to be Mephy and that's partly why he dresses in theatrical clothing (for lack of better words) and exhibits personality traits similar to legend!Mephistopheles. Not to mention dressing like a clown has its benefits because Samael could look pretty terrifying if he was wearing the right clothes.

So yes, I really like the idea :3
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." -Serbian Proverb

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2014, 07:42:44 PM »
It could explain his hesitance to confirm whether he is the Mephistopheles from the play or not. The true Mephistopheles would have to be in on it, and lie low for a while. I'm thinking Mephistopheles is also one of the highest  ranking time/space demons around, less so than Samael but not your average demon either. That also means he works UNDER Samael, so of course he will let him do as he wishes. If demons can feel such things, he might even be flattered.

This is more of a headcanon, but I believe there are nobility rankings under the Kings, demons who eclipse high level demons but can't be considered anywhere near the level of the Baal. I keep thinking the 72ish demons from the Lesser Key of Solomon are these guys...As well as famous demons like Mephistopheles and four of the seven representatives of Sin.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2014, 08:36:52 PM »
Well, maybe there isn't a "real Mpehistopheles" and Samael just took the name because he liked it and the powers of Goethe's Mephistopheles fit his own...

Or maybe Belial is the real Mephistopheles and has given up his name to his King for a while.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »
Hmm I think I like Belial being the real one if there was a real Mephy before our Samael-Mepphy~
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2014, 08:47:55 PM »
^ You mean if there was a real Faust?

I'm still wondering what happened to the guy. I guess the most logical explanation is that Mephy body-napped him and then pretended to be his own children/grandchildren.

Which makes me wonder, can demons choose what the host body looks like? Like, could he decide to appear older if he wanted to?

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »
I don't know for other demons, but I would expect age to be covered by Mephisto's shapeshifting abilities.

Offline Isis-Lied

• Junior Second Class
  • maybe someday i'll finish a fanfic...
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2014, 09:15:10 PM »
I agree w/ Archer. Maybe Mephy (when he goes out in public) lets himself appear to slowly age w/ his host but uses different hairstyles, etc. to appear like he's aged differently each time. So he's pretended to be his grandfather, father, etc. XD I think it would be possible for him to age himself and then rejuvenate himself, given his title as King of Space and Time.

As for whether Mephisto is the real Mephisto from legend... well, I'm sure something from his past will be revealed eventually. He's always been interested in human culture and aesthetic. That's why his mansion has a European vibe to it. He could have shifted his interest from European to Asian (and more specifically, Japanese) in recent years. It fits w/ original!Mephistopheles interests in humans, after all.

Honestly, I think he is the Mephistopheles from the Faust tale, but doesn't want to reveal too much about himself :P

"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." -Serbian Proverb

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2014, 09:18:25 PM »
If he were Mephistopheles from the Faust tale, the Vatican MIGHT know that Mephistopheles = Samael, defeating the point of using the name. Even if they didn't it would be risky.

I like it being Belial too.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »
Sorry Late party joiner again...

But intriguing I don't know what to think. Both the idea that Mephisto is the real Mephistopheles and that he has adapted the name makes sense and are fitting explanations. Then again Faust might have created the demon for his play and Mepphy liked it so much that he took the name.
Or could it be that Mephisto really had A wager/interaction with Faust and he used Mephisto as a model for his play and Mephisto is Faust's alias which he called king of Time (if somehow he doesn't want others to know that he has interacted with A demon king for unknown reason).

But then again I just believe that Order really doesn't know the real identity of Mephisto. There is really no way they would work with son of Satan or one of the Baal that closely and have certain amount of trust. (But that we have already discussed and agreed?~)

And yes, Mephisto sure can change his appereance to his liking, but if the Order knew he was A demon it would be pointless to shapeshift, right? So how long Excatly they have know they work with A demon is interesting. In public he surely shapeshifts~

And would the name of demon be important/can they have record of the all variations etc? Just crossed my mind that on Amaimon's (and maybe other demon Kings') profile said 'known in different names different times' so even they knew the real names and had records for them is it relevant? Demons are deceiving and unreliable so I bet you shouldn't believe what they tell you as their name/never should trust that info is right ^^" hope you understand what I am after, can't type clearer atm >____<

//I hate my Iphone. It guesses my words wrong and I have to all the time edit my posts -.-//
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:41:36 PM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #314 on: February 28, 2014, 11:47:29 PM »

And yes, Mephisto sure can change his appereance to his liking, but if the Order knew he was A demon it would be pointless to shapeshift, right? So how long Excatly they have know they work with A demon is interesting. In publish he surely shapeshifts~

The changing his appearance is more for the public who don't know of demons than for the order.

And would the name of demon be important/can they have record of the all variations etc? Just crossed my mind that on Amaimon's (and maybe other demon Kings') profile said 'known in different names different times' so even they knew the real names and had records for them is it relevant? Demons are deceiving and unreliable so I bet you shouldn't believe what they tell you as their name/never should trust that info is right ^^" hope you understand what I am after, can't type clearer atm >____<

Yeah I got you. Sometimes name changes are just a course of time (like how ''treow'' from Anglo-Saxon (Old English) became ''tree'' and ''true'') or translating into other languages, though.

I do agree a demon will probably not tell you it's real name, though. Hell, Samael may still be just a preference name. Demons in Gehenna may not even have a name of their own for all we know.
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account