Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145015 times)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #285 on: February 22, 2014, 01:30:53 AM »
Yeah, I give credence to the kin theory if Satan devoured others of his own kind and wasn't the first demon...Personally I'm not too fond of the kins existing before Satan, but I'll think about it some more. Though I'd have to think Satan raped said mothers...also, it kind of conflicts with my idea of Gehenna being a free-for-all, with less organized societies than those that exist among humans, because everyone is out for themselves...

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #286 on: February 22, 2014, 02:42:56 AM »
It might depend on how Gehenna was made. If it was always separate, it could be much different than how people in Assiah live. Go with the theory of them splitting (I think this makes the most sense, personally) and then the demons have an idea of how people in Assiah do them already and begin basis from that.

Here's another possible theory that mixes some things:

Before Assiah and Gehenna was split, Satan was a powerful demon, and fought and devoured other demons to slowly become even more powerful over time. Eventually, the split between worlds occured.
Not sure how this happened;
but do you think any of the demons who helped ''seal'' him in Gehenna were allowed to stay in Assiah, and the rest had to go to Gehenna to live? Even if you weren't siding with Satan or ''evil''; just because they weren't helping create Gehenna they ended up getting locked there?
It doesn't make too much sense but it's a thought.

And I think Satan took both temporary lovers and also raped in order to create the demon kings. He just seems like that kind of person to me.
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #287 on: February 22, 2014, 02:51:05 AM »
I think that everything that had magic got dragged to the Gehena side, that's why to grant clans like the Kamiki magic demons had to create half-breeds. But also humans might have some magic naturally, the other day I was reading about Shinto for my rp OC and I found this:

http://sakikikuhoshino.tumblr.com/post/76791514703/so-looking-up-about-shinto-prayers-i-think-i

Which, going by Japanese beliefs, would explain why we have seen fatal verses coming from texts of different religions. It's not the "veracity" of the text but the way the words are arranged that drive demons away.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:05:51 AM by MetallicArcher »

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #288 on: February 22, 2014, 03:11:20 AM »
^ That works, too.
I much like that idea - especially since if there are mistranslations it won't matter.

How do you think they chose what went over to Gehenna?
Humans with magics were probably kept in Assiah for the obvious reasons. But what did they decide were demons and what weren't? I mean, Coal Tar are pretty harmless really, right?

-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #289 on: February 22, 2014, 03:21:54 AM »
Perhaps Kin demons all went, and non-kin demons stayed.

Speaking of which, Karura and Ucchusma are non-kin, surprisingly.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2014, 03:29:34 AM »
I imagine demons and humans existed like two different races, there might or not have been interbreed between the two (going by the Japanese creation myths where kamis are constantly going down from Heaven to get married to "earthy divinities", it likely happened).

Or maybe all humans have demon blood, just that this blood was already very thin by when Assiah and Gehena were divided, that's why they can use fatal verses or do seals but only those with demon blood from after the split can tame.

@tardar

Aren't Uchussma and Karura fire demons? Or do you mean because their profiles didn't say they belonged to Iblis?

I like that logic, but the byakkos profile said they were demons that possessed animals to act as messengers of the gods. Which makes me wonder if those gods are demons to powerful to exist within a vessel in Assiah or if they exist in Assiah without vessels (Mike said the land of the Shimane Inari Shrine was ruled by the harvest god he served).

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #291 on: February 22, 2014, 03:53:42 AM »
Personally, I think human souls are demonic, but bodies aren't. And somehow, the souls and bodies stopped being separate and the formerly demonic souls were corrupted by Assiah somehow. And then time passed.

I think I have said this before...

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #292 on: February 22, 2014, 03:55:43 AM »
Ye,s I remember you mentioning something about it... so, ghosts would be actual human souls?

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2014, 04:01:00 AM »
Ghosts are Azazel's poor attempt at copying the human soul, if they are separate things....which they are implied to be...otherwise, yes.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2014, 04:08:27 AM »
I think it would be more logical for ghosts to be actual human souls because so far the only effective methods to exorcise them seem ways that make them "rest" like chanting sutras/mantras or fulfilling their wishes (at least in the more humanoid cases). And it didn't look like they were going back to Gehena when Shiemi or Takara did those.

Or maybe they are some sort of demon that lacks their own mind and feeds on the emotions left behind by humans?

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #295 on: February 22, 2014, 05:12:32 AM »
Or maybe they are some sort of demon that lacks their own mind and feeds on the emotions left behind by humans?

I think their entry in the little demon profiles in the tankoubon extras said something to that effect.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2014, 05:15:34 AM »
We have their translated entry? I recall the Japanese version because I used it to prove Azazel reigned both over spirits and air but I can't read enough Japanese to make out the rest.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:52:50 AM by MetallicArcher »

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2014, 05:34:42 AM »
Yeah, it's in an early volume

Offline Desktop Warrior

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2014, 01:26:49 AM »
Mephisto's allusion to a 'wager' between himself and Satan in one of the earlier chapters makes me think that he was actually the mastermind behind Shirou's death. I think that Mephisto and Satan have an on-and-off war going on, primarily through intrigue, and by arranging it so that Satan could kill one of his most potent enemies, Mephisto gained some sort of concession.

(Apologies if this has been mentioned before. It came to me just now, when reading through Yukio's thread.)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #299 on: February 28, 2014, 02:32:43 AM »
Mephisto's allusion to a 'wager' between himself and Satan in one of the earlier chapters makes me think that he was actually the mastermind behind Shirou's death. I think that Mephisto and Satan have an on-and-off war going on, primarily through intrigue, and by arranging it so that Satan could kill one of his most potent enemies, Mephisto gained some sort of concession.

(Apologies if this has been mentioned before. It came to me just now, when reading through Yukio's thread.)

It has not. AND I like it! I am also going to use that in a fic I am writing if you don't mind....