Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145009 times)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
Can you c/p the part about spring snows? I can't find it.

Also even if it's there it guarantees full gestation because May snows are unlikely as hell.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »
It doesn't exactly say anything about snow (though he says Shirou would've had to steal Kurikara in spring), but I don't think it's unlikely for it to snow in March or April, especially in the mountains.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2014, 08:28:43 PM »
That depends entirely on Japan's climate, and the height of the mountains. I would think spring snows are incredibly rare.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »
Yuri dying before giving birth would fit with Yukio being "underdeveloped" and unable to have demon powers. Complications from being born premature?

They're twins, remember? If Yukio was premature, then so was Rin. You can't use that as an explanation why one is stronger than the other.

"I had cousins who were twins and one of them was born a very large and healthy baby while the other twin was weak and had to be hospitalized for a few weeks and hooked up to feeding tubes because he didn't get proper nutrition while in the womb (the other twin was getting it all)."

Maybe it could still work? They could be born prematurely, but Rin the healthier one because he got more nutrition?

+ this was also interesting.

I'm not saying Yukio can't have been weaker, I'm saying it can't have been because he was premature. There must have been another reason before that.

Yukio made it sounds like Rin got the flames (= became a demon) because he was stronger, but I wonder... it's also possible he was stronger because he had more 'demon blood' in the first place. That would sound more logical to me.

I like to think like NeeNee that it is more about Rin getting more demonic blood/genes in first place than Yukio, all human traits and genes are determined in the time of conception (after that all is set nothing can change)so Yukio being weaker after it wouldn't matter - if the powers come comes with genes...

I wonder if anyone is going to ask Katou-sensei or does anyone wonder if she will return some point in story to origin of the twins and Revelations about their birth, early history and the Blue Night. I think it would be odd IMO if the story ignored such a tasty plot 'twist'. Rin and Yukio are Satan's first hybrid sons and most powerful demon getting babies would be kind of Big thing in the world 'cause they may or may not be a threat to the human kind. Also Blue Night itself was a Big deal and many aren't okay with that do would be lovely to know more ;33
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:34:27 PM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
I like to think like NeeNee that it is more about Rin getting more demonic blood/genes in first place than Yukio, all human traits and genes are determined in the time of conception (after that all is set nothing can change)so Yukio being weaker after it wouldn't matter - if the powers come comes with genes...
Yeah, but these kids have three parents (a human mom and dad, and then Satan). I'm not sure how genetics work among demons.

I wonder if anyone is going to ask Katou-sensei or does anyone wonder if she will return some point in story to origin of the twins and Revelations about their birth, early history and the Blue Night. I think it would be odd IMO if the story ignored such a tasty plot 'twist'. Rin and Yukio are Satan's first hybrid sons and most powerful demon getting babies would be kind of Big thing in the world 'cause they may or may not be a threat to the human kind. Also Blue Night itself was a Big deal and many aren't okay with that do would be lovely to know more ;33
Pretty sure she will tell us at some point. I'm still hoping to meet human family members, too.

But this is getting off topic... (Anyone wants to make a thread about the birth of the twins? We only have this and this.)

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2014, 10:10:37 AM »
Maybe we could add it to the timeline thread?

I guess I've got a (really cracky) crack theory. It's not originally mine; I saw it while browsing Pixiv but I cannot for the life of me find the original post again.

Anyway, this person was thinking that Blue Exorcist and the Miyama-Uguisu Mansion Incident could be part of the same continuity if Blue Exorcist comes first. In their theory, Rin is already an exorcist when Night starts training to fight demons, and he acts as a friend/mentor figure to Night. They have similar fighting styles because Rin helped teach Night how to fight, and they look the same because Night spends a lot of time with Rin and it influenced his choice of human form.

It made sense but didn't seem to have any basis in reality whatsoever. And then I looked:
http://mangafox.me/manga/time_killers/v01/c001/23.html

And that exorcist in the bottom-middle panels whose face we can't really see? The one who seems to be showing mercy to a demon? The one with the short messy black hair and the apparent ability to understand what Night is saying?

I...He...He just...

I can feel this becoming headcanon.

Offline Vine

• DEMON DICK
  • Exwire
  • [Toukio Squad Treasurer]
« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »
Gotta say I love that one. Headcanon accepted.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »
I ALSO ACCEPT THIS HEADCANON *~*

(Should we make a thread for headcanons?)
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2014, 06:21:34 AM »
(Though personally I like to think that Lucifer and Mephisto got their bodies at the same time, maybe in related incidents ~200 years ago, and Lucifer's is disintegrating faster because he's more powerful. Because thinking that way makes the thinly-veiled smack talk more intense. "Nice mask lol don't start losing body parts all over my floor okay?" "I'm glad to see that you're still in good health you weaksauce weakling.")
Yeah. With our theory, Lucifer doesn't disintegrate the bodies he possesses at all. O.o. It was never confirmed that was why his body looks like that. (For better or worse.)
If he is the cause of the disintegrating it'd be because of his power or how long he's used the body.  Either way, I'm surprised he's still using it, so I'm going to take the crack theory route for now until proven otherwise because... I just like it XP
If you pay attention, you'll see his collar, gloves and mask getting increasingly bloodied.
If you ask me, he seems to have possessed that body right before he begins his speech and (even though you guys seems to ignore me each time I say this) he seems to leave the body right after he finish his speech.

Was that said in the manga? I will have to look.

Well, normally they would have been conceived at the end of March, right? Does the Tatsuma/Fujimoto event look like it took place in March to you?
In Kyoto it can snow anytime from the start of December to the end of March. And it's colder in the mountains.

Can you c/p the part about spring snows? I can't find it.
I said that back on Mangafox I believe.

Also even if it's there it guarantees full gestation because May snows are unlikely as hell.
Aren't pregnancies usually nine months?

It doesn't exactly say anything about snow (though he says Shirou would've had to steal Kurikara in spring), but I don't think it's unlikely for it to snow in March or April, especially in the mountains.
I think that's almost exactly what I said, back then.

That depends entirely on Japan's climate, and the height of the mountains. I would think spring snows are incredibly rare.
Thinking more about it now, there's no mountains near Kyoto that gets half the height of Mount Fuji (which is over 12000 feet) where there's snow most than half of the year. Still... it ought to be colder. I never thoroughly studied Japan's weather. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I guess I've got a (really cracky) crack theory. It's not originally mine; I saw it while browsing Pixiv but I cannot for the life of me find the original post again.

Anyway, this person was thinking that Blue Exorcist and the Miyama-Uguisu Mansion Incident could be part of the same continuity if Blue Exorcist comes first. In their theory, Rin is already an exorcist when Night starts training to fight demons, and he acts as a friend/mentor figure to Night. They have similar fighting styles because Rin helped teach Night how to fight, and they look the same because Night spends a lot of time with Rin and it influenced his choice of human form.

It made sense but didn't seem to have any basis in reality whatsoever. And then I looked:
http://mangafox.me/manga/time_killers/v01/c001/23.html

And that exorcist in the bottom-middle panels whose face we can't really see? The one who seems to be showing mercy to a demon? The one with the short messy black hair and the apparent ability to understand what Night is saying?

I...He...He just...

I can feel this becoming headcanon.
That really sounds great  ;D

But isn't there too much differences between the mechanics of the oneshot and the series? That's been a long time since I read it though... Maybe it's worth analyzing.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2014, 06:29:22 AM »
(Though personally I like to think that Lucifer and Mephisto got their bodies at the same time, maybe in related incidents ~200 years ago, and Lucifer's is disintegrating faster because he's more powerful. Because thinking that way makes the thinly-veiled smack talk more intense. "Nice mask lol don't start losing body parts all over my floor okay?" "I'm glad to see that you're still in good health you weaksauce weakling.")
Yeah. With our theory, Lucifer doesn't disintegrate the bodies he possesses at all. O.o. It was never confirmed that was why his body looks like that. (For better or worse.)
If he is the cause of the disintegrating it'd be because of his power or how long he's used the body.  Either way, I'm surprised he's still using it, so I'm going to take the crack theory route for now until proven otherwise because... I just like it XP
If you pay attention, you'll see his collar, gloves and mask getting increasingly bloodied.
If you ask me, he seems to have possessed that body right before he begins his speech and (even though you guys seems to ignore me each time I say this) he seems to leave the body right after he finish his speech.

You're right - it does get more and more bloodied; never noticed... I'm sorry that I missed you saying that >.<

Well...it was just a crack theory...*still feels a bit sad*

-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2014, 07:07:27 AM »
Hehe. So he was using that body for about 10-15 minutes tops? Wow, lol.

Pretty sure that "mountain" is a tiny hill. 1000-2000 feet up.

In another thread, we have theorized/decide that it doesn't matter when the twins were born. Mephisto can freeze time around them, and he has every reason to do that. (it throws off the Vatican if the twins look many months younger than the supposed "son of Satan" would have been.)

I found something else that gives me a headache timeline wise, so I am going to go over to the timeline thread.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2014, 07:37:59 AM »
In another thread, we have theorized/decide that it doesn't matter when the twins were born. Mephisto can freeze time around them, and he has every reason to do that. (it throws off the Vatican if the twins look many months younger than the supposed "son of Satan" would have been.)
But then Satan would know Mephisto was playing in his back.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2014, 08:12:27 AM »
How so? When did Satan start caring about the kids anyway? It sounds like he couldn't find them until 2009. At that point it becomes hard to tell if time was stopped around them for several months.

More importantly, does Satan even care that Mephisto is backstabbing him half the time? Because he has had many opportunities to figure that out. Or is he plotting something with Satan?

He could EASILY have told Satan something like "I need to freeze time around your children to fool the exorcists." And Satan would have allowed it.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2014, 08:28:33 AM »
^I guess we don't know enough about Satan...

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
It could be many things 1) Satan feels he's invincible and doesn't care. 2) Satan's an idiot. 3) Mephisto has a silver tongue, and has Satan fooled with convincing misinformation. 4) Satan and Mephisto really ARE plotting together.