Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 145070 times)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2014, 06:11:52 AM »
A decade. Not 16 years. I think 16 years ago, he was just starting to form the organization and increase its influence.

Yeah. With our theory, Lucifer doesn't disintegrate the bodies he possesses at all. O.o. It was never confirmed that was why his body looks like that. (For better or worse.)

I actually can't see how Yuri could stay alive long enough to give birth, but die right after. Some demon murdering her is more likely. Satan could have possessed her to kill her for some reason? Maybe for giving away the children?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:37:47 AM by tardar-sauce »

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »
 If he is the cause of the disintegrating it'd be because of his power or how long he's used the body.  Either way, I'm surprised he's still using it, so I'm going to take the crack theory route for now until proven otherwise because... I just like it XP

Unless Yuri died before giving birth and then it became time to cut her open.
...that sounds pretty bad...I forgot the official name of it... and I was brought to this world in that way

Well if he had enough time to kill Yuri, he might as well should've aimed at Fujimoto (assuming he was the only one present. I can see Mephisto staying a safe distance away and making Shiro fetch the kids and come back - maybe that's just me) and attempted to kill him.

...unless of course Satan didn't find out until after the fact. But still - wouldn't Lucifer be able to get the kids back if that were the case? Maybe Satan thought at first he'd just possess Shiro, get it over with, give the kids to Lucifer and away we go. But then Satan found it wasn't as simple as that, and Lucifer just went ahead on worked on his Illuminati plans?
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2014, 08:34:37 AM »
That way of killing off Yuri makes sense. Her body could have given out 7-8 months into the pregnancy.

If she was murdered instead: Perhaps Satan only recently found out where the kids were. Not only did he find out after the fact, neither he nor Lucifer knew who took them. They found out when Shiratori reported it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:39:21 AM by tardar-sauce »

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2014, 09:04:18 AM »
Yuri dying before giving birth would fit with Yukio being "underdeveloped" and unable to have demon powers. Complications from being born premature?

And I like the idea that Satan only found out where they were recently. Mephisto seems to have been involved and I feel like he'd be really good at hiding stuff, plus with Rin's powers sealed it probably would have been hard for Satan to tell the twins apart from all the regular humans.

A decade. Not 16 years. I think a decade ago, he was just starting to form the organization and increase its influence.

Huh. Looks like the fanmade scans have "decade", Viz has "dozen years or so", and the raws and tankoubon have 十数年 (juusuunen), "ten and a number of years", which could be anything between "about ten" and "about twenty". Now I'm curious about the exact number.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:05:53 AM by facets-and-rainbows »

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2014, 09:12:17 AM »
It might also have caused Rin's "underdeveloped" brain. XD

+

Oh crap. So it really could coincide with the Blue Night.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2014, 04:32:38 PM »
(Though personally I like to think that Lucifer and Mephisto got their bodies at the same time, maybe in related incidents ~200 years ago, and Lucifer's is disintegrating faster because he's more powerful. Because thinking that way makes the thinly-veiled smack talk more intense. "Nice mask lol don't start losing body parts all over my floor okay?" "I'm glad to see that you're still in good health you weaksauce weakling.")

I really hope this is the case now. It fits them so well.

Yuri dying before giving birth would fit with Yukio being "underdeveloped" and unable to have demon powers. Complications from being born premature?

They're twins, remember? If Yukio was premature, then so was Rin. You can't use that as an explanation why one is stronger than the other.

Offline Dimwit

• His Majesty's Secret Service
  • Exwire
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »

They're twins, remember? If Yukio was premature, then so was Rin. You can't use that as an explanation why one is stronger than the other.

"I had cousins who were twins and one of them was born a very large and healthy baby while the other twin was weak and had to be hospitalized for a few weeks and hooked up to feeding tubes because he didn't get proper nutrition while in the womb (the other twin was getting it all)."

Maybe it could still work? They could be born prematurely, but Rin the healthier one because he got more nutrition?

+ this was also interesting.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2014, 05:19:45 PM »
It's not rare in pregnancies with two or more babies for one to be stronger than the other, add to the mix the stronger one having demon blood...

Or maybe demon pregnancies last shorter. That way, Rin would have been fully developed when Yukio wasn't yet.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2014, 06:37:56 PM »

"I had cousins who were twins and one of them was born a very large and healthy baby while the other twin was weak and had to be hospitalized for a few weeks and hooked up to feeding tubes because he didn't get proper nutrition while in the womb (the other twin was getting it all)."

Maybe it could still work? They could be born prematurely, but Rin the healthier one because he got more nutrition?

+ this was also interesting.

I'm not saying Yukio can't have been weaker, I'm saying it can't have been because he was premature. There must have been another reason before that.

Yukio made it sounds like Rin got the flames (= became a demon) because he was stronger, but I wonder... it's also possible he was stronger because he had more 'demon blood' in the first place. That would sound more logical to me.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »
Actually. Based on the season (winter) where Fujimoto stole Koumaken, and the twins' birthdate, Yuri was pregnant around 10 months.

It took me a while to remember this, sorry.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »
That's very long. :o

How did she survive that? A baby of a month would be (too) big to fit into the womb, leave alone two. If that's the case, their development must have been seriously delayed.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2014, 07:00:28 PM »
Are you sure it's ten months!??!

If that were so she must've had to have a c section...
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »
Chino said sometime about that in his timeline, didn't he? Something about it snowing in spring...

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
Was that said in the manga? I will have to look.

Well, normally they would have been conceived at the end of March, right? Does the Tatsuma/Fujimoto event look like it took place in March to you?

We don't know how long it takes for half-demons to develop, so 10 months could still have been premature. Or something could have happened to stall their development.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2014, 07:44:56 PM »
He wrote about it here