Author Topic: Crack theories  (Read 144976 times)

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
Re: Crack theories
« Reply #870 on: April 03, 2018, 10:56:11 PM »
Some characters in Ao no Exorcist sometimes call Satan "the Gehenna itself". Could it be that Shiemi might be called "the Amahara itself"?
Then she's a demon. Remember that holy water doesn't affect her and she needed a vaccine to be protected against miasma.

What if she is animated by Shemihaza's power? She doesn't have to be possessed or a demon in this case.
We'd need to have more details on how Shemihaza's power works exactly. And we'd need to have them before the reveal, so this doesn't seem coming out of nowhere.
Also, if being created this way doesn't make her that much different from a normal human, then it's somewhat pointless story wise. Besides the shock value of having a abnormally dark origin, how could it affect the story?

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
  • Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
« Reply #871 on: April 03, 2018, 11:04:21 PM »
Some characters in Ao no Exorcist sometimes call Satan "the Gehenna itself". Could it be that Shiemi might be called "the Amahara itself"?
Then she's a demon. Remember that holy water doesn't affect her and she needed a vaccine to be protected against miasma.
But Amahara isn't related to demons. This is heaven and that's why Shiemi had to protect herself with holy items. I think Shiemi is something that didn't jet make an appearance in this series. Something new that Kato will show us later and that's why we have to wait patiently and see.

"Win a place for yourself in this world."- Shura Kirigakure

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #872 on: April 03, 2018, 11:29:08 PM »
What if she is animated by Shemihaza's power? She doesn't have to be possessed or a demon in this case.
We'd need to have more details on how Shemihaza's power works exactly. And we'd need to have them before the reveal, so this doesn't seem coming out of nowhere.
Also, if being created this way doesn't make her that much different from a normal human, then it's somewhat pointless story wise. Besides the shock value of having a abnormally dark origin, how could it affect the story?

Shemihaza's power is nebulously defined as "creation". Even though the motifs are of plants and growth, it should be distinct from Amaimon's domain, which is earth.

I don't think the reveal has to be necessarily shocking or dark. Simply that if she was made differently, she might be more fragile than other humans. Maybe if she uses too much power to summon, the spark supporting her existence will extinguish and she'd return to earth.

Shiemi's mom expressed concerns about if Shiemi wanted such a dangerous life, pointing out her scar. This theory might explain that worry, and why Shiemi switched to wanting to inherit Futsumaya.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #873 on: April 04, 2018, 12:18:17 AM »
But Amahara isn't related to demons. This is heaven and that's why Shiemi had to protect herself with holy items. I think Shiemi is something that didn't jet make an appearance in this series. Something new that Kato will show us later and that's why we have to wait patiently and see.
You know, you just made me realize we don't know whether Shemihaza and Armumahel are affected or not by things like holy water or Aria's chants.

But according to Ucchusma, "demons", "angels", and other terms are all used to mean the same thing.

And according to real life lore, Amaimon, Astaroth, Beelzebub, and Egyn are demons, while Azazel, Iblis, Lucifer, Samael, and Shemihaza are angels (I forgot, or never knew, about Armumahel).

Shemihaza's power is nebulously defined as "creation". Even though the motifs are of plants and growth, it should be distinct from Amaimon's domain, which is earth.
Right. I suppose interpreting Shemihaza's power of "creation" as meaning "creating life" would make sense.

I don't think the reveal has to be necessarily shocking or dark. Simply that if she was made differently, she might be more fragile than other humans. Maybe if she uses too much power to summon, the spark supporting her existence will extinguish and she'd return to earth.

Shiemi's mom expressed concerns about if Shiemi wanted such a dangerous life, pointing out her scar. This theory might explain that worry, and why Shiemi switched to wanting to inherit Futsumaya.
You don't think it's dark and shocking to learn someone you thought was a human for a long time is actually a flesh and blood golem made in a laboratory? X)

Anyway. It would explain why Shiemi quit being an exorcist.

But then her secret is that she has an unexpectedly weak body?
Isn't that a somewhat underwhelming turn of events after all that build up?

I'd rather go for the theories where she has unexpectedly heavy responsibilities.
Like serving as the next representative for Shemihaza, or something.

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #874 on: April 04, 2018, 08:46:09 AM »
^In my previous posts I had this theory of Shiemi being a guardian of sacred garden Amahara.
(click to show/hide)
Tho being a representative for Shemihaza is also an interesting theory.

Well, Armumahel is the Emperor of Nothingness. So we know nothing about him jet!😂

But I found this French girl on Tumblr and the page is called "Imaginary World of Blinding Lights". There she wrote about "some-more-thoughts-about-shemihazas-and-armumahels-nephilim". She has good points and I'm recommending you to read it!^^
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:20:34 AM by Kannra21 »

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #875 on: April 04, 2018, 09:15:55 AM »
^If she's not a human nor a demon, then what is she?

About that, Shiemi seems genuinely completely oblivious of what love really is. Maybe 'cause she (but also her mother, her grandma and all their ancestors) weren't born the "traditional" way so they couldn't know the feeling of love (or at least the sexual one) and that's why Shiemi seems completely clueless when Rin mention things like kisses, cuddling and such. But she seem to be capable to "understand" romantic love when explained. That's why I think that maybe they're basically "human" or at least "created" based on a human.

Imo, Shiemi's reaction to Rin asking her if she was gonna die seems pretty genuine too. So I don't think it's like Shiemi would risk -dying- if she abused her power or something like this. But, considering the fear of death seems often to be connected to the awakening of a power in this world (Rin's blue flame's or Yukio's eyes' to name a couple) maybe the thing is that if Shiemi risked her life she would awaken to something (even not necessarily demon related) and either that would be dangerous for reasons such she couldn't control it/it could affect something it shouldn't or something or that "power" it's supposed to stay a secret from the whole world and that's why she can't risk endangering her life, so not to risk "releasing" it as a consequence. I think the latter is more likely, considering this whole thing it's referred to as a "secret".

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #876 on: April 04, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »
^I agree with Cloelia's theory. I think that the reason Shiemi was cut off from the outside world was so she wouldn't be in a life threatening situation and her "power" wouldn't awaken. This makes sense as far as we know since Shiemi doesn't seem to have something that suppresses her power like Rin had the Koumaken.

I think that that's what the "Embryo" title is referring to. It's the beginning of a developing demon heart or a long dormant one inside Shiemi. It was also right after Mephisto explained how demon's "awaken" their egos. Maybe we'll get a chapter called "Fetus" and "Birth"? Or maybe all of the chapters until the end will be Beyond the Snow part however many chapters there are left.  :P

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #877 on: April 04, 2018, 11:18:13 PM »
^In my previous posts I had this theory of Shiemi being a guardian of sacred garden Amahara.
(click to show/hide)
Tho being a representative for Shemihaza is also an interesting theory.
She could be both. If the Amahara garden is where Shemihaza is sleeping. Then she would have to watch over that garden and Shemihaza, attend meetings and tribunals for the Order, and work at her family shop, like her mother and grand mother were doing, in theory.

[EDIT: And if Shiemi's mother is currently one of the Gregory, then maybe having Rin save Shiemi from the flower demon in chapter 3 was part of Mephisto's plan to convince the Gregory not to execute Rin.]

Well, Armumahel is the Emperor of Nothingness. So we know nothing about him jet!😂
Good one. X)

maybe the thing is that if Shiemi risked her life she would awaken to something (even not necessarily demon related) and either that would be dangerous for reasons such she couldn't control it/it could affect something it shouldn't or something or that "power" it's supposed to stay a secret from the whole world and that's why she can't risk endangering her life, so not to risk "releasing" it as a consequence. I think the latter is more likely, considering this whole thing it's referred to as a "secret".
I agree with Cloelia's theory. I think that the reason Shiemi was cut off from the outside world was so she wouldn't be in a life threatening situation and her "power" wouldn't awaken.
But if awakening her power is dangerous or has to stay a secret, then why did her mother told her "if you still want to be an exorcist after I tell you this secret, I won't stop you"?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:44:14 PM by chinonamida »

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #878 on: April 05, 2018, 01:46:02 AM »
^I think it was she gave that impassioned speech about wanting to keep living in society and her mother saw that she got "stronger" or so she put it.

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #879 on: April 10, 2018, 04:06:36 AM »
I've come to some strange conclusion now! I was thinking about the end of the Kyoto arc and the last scene when Yukio hit Rin with a fist, causing him to faint. Probably the scenario was such that Rin had fainted because he was overwhelmed by the fight with The Impure King, but what if there is a different reason for it? What if Yukio showed up his real power at that moment and hit Rin really strong because he was angry with him? Maybe he does have Rin's powers, but they appear very briefly in anger/fear (when the heart beat gets faster and triggers a reaction?) Hahhahah it would be so awful! Yukio is all the time trying to come to that power and didn't understand that it is already located somewhere within him. Such an irony...

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #880 on: April 12, 2018, 12:45:40 AM »
^But it means Yukio has a secret "invisible" power since nobody there noticed anything wrong. Honestly that would be the most convenient power for Yukio when he wanted to hide his power from the Order.

I have a feeling the pendrive was destroyed here:

(click to show/hide)

If not, I still think Yukio was so "mad" at the moment he just wanted to get rid of the cause of his rage so he destroyed "everything" in the process, without caring to keep the pendrive for himself. I also think that even if he kept the pendrive, when he was arrested, they might have took it away from him along with his guns. But I doubt that's the case too.

In any case, since Mephisto stated himself that Lucifer took the elixir's "research" with him after the project was abandoned, I think (prolly) the Illuminati is already in possess of those data. For this reason, I don't believe there's a need for Yukio to bring that pendrive to them.
I agree that it's implied Lucifer already got the section 13 data he needs (or at least those documents Mephisto put in the alternate timeline. It seems like Mephisto is OK to reveal them to Lightning because they are already leaked), and it's reasonable to assume Yukio stepped on the usb when he was in anger. However, I'm not sure whether the usb is really unrecoverable after that. What if someone pick up the usb and restore its content? Currently the public knows the existence of demons and relies on the help from the Order. If the section 13 history is somehow revealed, they will distrust the Order.

I also like how whenever he's thinking about her or talking to her, he has a habit of smiling, like when he's talking about her with Rin in chapter 74 or when remembering past moments with her (chapter 7, 74, 93). Even Shiemi herself notices this and talks about it in chapter 69. "Yuki-chan always smiles at me".
Shiemi thinks that smile is Yukio's way to keep distance

Why was Yuri Egin at Section 13 when this occurred? Explanations have ranged from her merely passing by, to suggestions she might be a clone of Egyn. But what if she was assisting the research?

I don't mean that she was a scientist.
Why not? I think it's most natural to assume Yuri was a researcher of section 13. Even if she was specialized in Greenmen possession, it could be an approach to help studying human possession by studying general possession first.

Her visual motifs have shown her connected to the ground like a flower, most obviously in her dream in chapter 82 and the cover of 87.
Shiemi and those plant things. If you think about, it looks like the art is suggesting Shiemi's hair (and so her physical body) could be... made of/out of plants? I know it's supposed to be just "symbolic", but.
^I thought the plants were only caught in her hair and preventing her from moving forward.

That's true. This is actually the main thing what this cover depicts. There might be two options:
  • or Shiemi could be in a serious danger for some reason related to plants(perhaps Shemihaza?)
  • or this could also represent Amaimon the King of Earth who is constantly chasing her all this time?
Regarding chapter 87 cover...

I think it implies Shiemi can't (or doesn't want to, after hearing her mother's speech) leave that house for a long period of time. Although I can't make a complete theory yet.

It isn't the only evidence. People are wondering why they live in an unreachable and inconvenient house, but maybe they have to, or it's because somebody has to live there. Her grandmother doesn't go out because her leg wasn't well, but maybe it's also because it's better to have someone watching that house. Her mother is OK and even encourages Shiemi to the cram school, because the cram school is next to them and Shiemi can still be at that house for a sufficient long portion of time. Her mother made vague statement about whether Shiemi can be an exorcist. Maybe the problem is not about being an exorcist, but it's about the responsibility they have at that house, so it's difficult to handle both jobs well. Shiemi specifically said she won't go to anywhere, and maybe the problem isn't that she has to go, but the problem is that she can't leave.

You know, you just made me realize we don't know whether Shemihaza and Armumahel are affected or not by things like holy water or Aria's chants.
Actually we don't really know whether the demon kings are affected by holy water. At least, it doesn't prevent Amaimon attack Kyoto trio.

[EDIT: And if Shiemi's mother is currently one of the Gregory, then maybe having Rin save Shiemi from the flower demon in chapter 3 was part of Mephisto's plan to convince the Gregory not to execute Rin.]
But in chapter 3 it was Rin randomly participating Yukio's job.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #881 on: April 19, 2018, 04:49:41 AM »
Actually we don't really know whether the demon kings are affected by holy water. At least, it doesn't prevent Amaimon attack Kyoto trio.
Amaimon did burn his hand on Shiemi's head. http://fanfox.net/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c013/15.html

But in chapter 3 it was Rin randomly participating Yukio's job.
We can never know how Mephisto might be pulling the strings, even when it doesn't seem related to him.
And Rin would have certainly met Shiemi eventually one way or the other. So all Mephisto had to bet, is that Rin would be the first one to succeed at talking her out of the demon's influence.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:51:20 AM by chinonamida »

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #882 on: April 19, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
All we have thought was happening by accident is in fact happening for a reason. So every time you're wondering about something, remember that there's always a reason for it, and that reason is Mephisto Pheles! Mephisto the almighty!XD He's gonna win against Lucifer I'm tellin' ya! Sorry Lucy, but you're simply not smart enough, ya have no chance.:p

Offline Remon

• Page
« Reply #883 on: April 30, 2018, 12:35:47 AM »
Hi everyone! : ) I'm new to this forum, and in the first I try to write my theory (or guess) about future chapters. English is not my native language, so I apologize for the grammatical mistakes in words and sentences >.< This is my first experience in theories or guess, but I'll try:

It's possible that in the future we will have about the same scene with Rin and Yuri. I mean, Rin went to the past and (I don't know yet how this can happen) can meet his mother. It reminded me of one art from the tumblr:
https://crescenti-c.tumblr.com/post/171506306704/future-aoex-chapter-100-prediction-i-just-thought

After all, in this scene Izumo was given a key (as in chapter 63) and so she found her younger sister. To Rin, in fact also given a key(in the past, but anyway) and he too will find his mother. And maybe there will be a similar scene. Where Yuri stands with his back to Rin and then he takes off his hood and says: "Mom...?"

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #884 on: May 01, 2018, 11:19:22 PM »
So this is essentially a theory I posted a while ago, but I think it bears some relevance again because of chapter 99.5.

So, I theorized that Shiemi may be saved by Yukio from jail/ the Order due to her mother being branded the traitor and Shiemi as a result would be imprisoned/experimented on/executed.

Remember how Shura's emblem had a skull and the Latin phase, "She dies young."? Well, it was a hint as to what her future would hold. On Shiemi's emblem, there's a crown of thorns in the middle of it. I have the sinking feeling that that smiling doctor we see in this chapter may end up possibly experimenting on her or even crucifying her(if we take the meaning of the crown of thorns literally). Shiemi to me it seemed acted with her goodbye to Izumo like she was thankful for everything but that she was never going to see her again. If Yukio learned that Shiemi was going to die, I think that he'd definitely go to rescue her.