Author Topic: Black Butler  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
Black Butler
« on: July 20, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
:) Okay, anyone like "Black Butler" manga canon or anime? http://youtu.be/PYiqy_EnOQg Personally, I found the Victorian era supernatural storyline interesting, though I really felt nothing for either Ciel or Sebastains characters. Ironically, I know Season 2 of the anime isn't popular, but I actually found myself preferring it and the character of Alois Trancy.

Offline yaodai

• Exwire
  • I have a crowbar!
Re: Black Butler
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 08:28:58 AM »
I watched it several years ago; I liked the first few episodes and I was sure it was just cracky story with demons in it, so I didn't mind ridiculous mistakes here and there. But then, it suddenly took serious route and I honestly lost all my interest in it.
I liked Grell, Grell was fun. But both Sebastian and Ciel were almost as annoying as Excalibur from "Soul Eater".

Offline Jarield

• Exwire
  • Yukio is LE SEX!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »
It's nice, quite good, but not my favorite.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
I read the first volume, but it didn't really appeal to me. Both Sebastian and Ciel show very little character beyond 'mysterious demonic butler' and 'mysterious creepy kid', and the tone changed from 'really dark story with piles of corpses' to 'the wacky endeavours of the castle staff' (who are all ridiculously incompetent. Seriously, who hired these guys?) in the blink of an eye. I usually don't mind combining serious and fun, but in this case we jump from one extreme to the other, and I don't particularly like either of them.

Offline Buttercup

• Firecracker
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 04:21:26 AM »
I have recently gotten into this. Watched the anime on netflix and then flipped over to the manga. I suggest you keep reading. Grell and the Undertaker are my favorites. I really love when Ciel has moments where he shows his venerablity.

Offline Rook

• Exwire
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »
I've watched all the anime and read the manga, and honestly I prefer the manga. Season 2 of the anime doesn't even exist in the manga I'm sorry to say, if Alois is one of your favourite characters. The manga story stops in about episode 6 in season 1 of the anime (don't quote me on that) and it goes off on its own storyline, like the Blue Exorcist anime did, although this time round they didn't destroy it as thoroughly. It wasn't a bad storyline either, they're just very different stories if you compare them after reading/watching them. I'd still recommend both. ^.^

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »
:) Heh! Yeah, I know Season 2 anime storyline isn't in the manga canon. It's still my favorite though as well as Jim/Alois. I actually had allot more sympathy and understanding for his character then Ciel.

Offline Buttercup

• Firecracker
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 03:34:08 PM »
:) Heh! Yeah, I know Season 2 anime storyline isn't in the manga canon. It's still my favorite though as well as Jim/Alois. I actually had allot more sympathy and understanding for his character then Ciel.

I have watched season 2. I thought Alois Trancy was an annoying brat. I felt they did a lot of back story and showed it often with Trancy, so I get why you were feeling sorry for him. With Ciel, Sebastain always basically told him to man up and deal with it. Because if he didnt, he was just going to eat him up if he sat and cried about it. Thats kind of why Alois Trancy was "murdered" earlier than planned I feel. He wasnt in a place where Claus wanted him, and Ciel was...which is why the Butlers were fighting over him.

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 05:19:02 PM »
I have watched season 2. I thought Alois Trancy was an annoying brat. I felt they did a lot of back story and showed it often with Trancy, so I get why you were feeling sorry for him. With Ciel, Sebastain always basically told him to man up and deal with it. Because if he didnt, he was just going to eat him up if he sat and cried about it. Thats kind of why Alois Trancy was "murdered" earlier than planned I feel. He wasnt in a place where Claus wanted him, and Ciel was...which is why the Butlers were fighting over him.

Yeah, I can agree there. Though, to me, Ciel came off as more spoiled, uncaring and a completely unsympathetic character, while Jim/Alois came across as more human and behaving exactly as any child would who'd been through what he had.

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 09:48:02 PM »
I actually really, really, really enjoy Black Butler, especially the Book of Circus (both anime and manga). I love the graphics, I love the characters, and I LOVE the whole atmosphere of this manga. It's amazing. One thing I will admit is that the plot is complete shit, but for me that doesn't take away from the actual anime/manga because I don't watch Black Butler for that. It's just really different from some of the things I watch, and I love the Ciel/Sebastian dynamic (and how even if the author wants it to/fans want it to, there is no direct romance in this manga, woot).

Favourite characters are Ciel, Sebastian and Grell. Quite amusing. It's funny yet eerie, and has interesting twists and turns, combined with a lot of dark humor and the old Victorian feeling. I also like the development of Ciel and Sebastian as characters. I think that's what I look forward to the most.

Too bad Black Butler isn't great with updating chapters. Ugghghhhghglhglohsarshgdsurd

Offline Natsume Rin

• Page
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 12:14:47 PM »
How do you feel about the latest chapter, 130? The one in which SPOILER the two Ciel Theory is confirmed?
Bye bye, butterfly.

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
^ I haven't really been that into the whole franchise (As in I've been casually reading the manga) so I definitely did not see that coming. To be honest I actually thought "wtf" when it was first revealed. I read up on some of the theories and thought "guess that makes sense". I'm not sure if Toboso is planning on ending the series soon with this reveal or what's going to happen next.

Offline GregoryRaino

• GregoryRainoNN
  • Paladin
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2023, 04:42:25 PM »
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт