Author Topic: Suggestions for the forum  (Read 31644 times)

Offline Chewy

• Eevees rock X3
  • Page
Re: Suggestions for the forum
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »
Where should I make it?
(click to show/hide)
A picture my friend drew of me and my twin cos-playing as the Okumura twins, also for a fanfic called 'Blue Exorcist New World'

Top Four Characters (Not in order):
Yukio Okumura, Saburota Toudou, Mephisto Pheles, Renzou Shima

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »
In the Games board I just linked to.

It even has 'roleplaying' in the description (couldn't immediately think of something good to put there, so yeah XD).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:50:31 PM by NeeNee »

Offline Chewy

• Eevees rock X3
  • Page
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
Alright, thank you  ;D
(click to show/hide)
A picture my friend drew of me and my twin cos-playing as the Okumura twins, also for a fanfic called 'Blue Exorcist New World'

Top Four Characters (Not in order):
Yukio Okumura, Saburota Toudou, Mephisto Pheles, Renzou Shima

Offline GolPhee

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2013, 07:27:26 PM »
I'm not sure if we don't already have one, but I thought it'd be a cool idea to have a "character theme songs" thread where people can post links to songs which they think suit particular characters . . .

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
We have this thread:
http://www.theblueknight.host-ed.me/forum/index.php/topic,25.0.html

Is that what you're looking for? Most entries are for specific characters or scenes.

Offline GolPhee

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »
Ooh awesome! No worries then :D

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2013, 03:48:06 AM »
Reposting for future reference:

apparently there's mibbit for simplemachines if that helps: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1256

IRC is actually pretty easy to deal with and the bandwidth usage shouldn't really affect you too much since the actual chatting uses third party server for the actual chatting and there are many options of public servers to use with it.

Also, if I were to write a FAQ, what kind of questions would you like to see? Aside from the obvious 'October issue comes out in September' and 'if there isn't a link to the translation, it means we haven't got one yet'.

Offline sushueren

• Exwire
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Like the next issue comes at the first week of the month and the official Viz translation will come out in the first Shonen Jump issue of the month (Mondays in Japan, Tuesdays for North America)?  And link to the shonen jump SQ and Viz sites?

:)

I can't think of anything else...

Spoiler policies if you must?

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »
General forum rules perhaps?

Offline sushueren

• Exwire
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2013, 03:42:02 PM »
A complete guide to proper forum behavior please, especially regarding spoilers and chapter links  ;D

Offline Billie

• Page
  • [Toukio Squad Scout]
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2013, 06:22:26 AM »
For the FAQ maybe include something about The Miyama-Uguisu Mansion Incident?
Also possibly clear up some things about "omg I heard they're making a season 2 is this real!!?" sorta things.

Another one that gets me is how... plain? the forum looks. Is there any way we could get people more involved with prettying it up such as banner submissions and whatnot? Maybe some more options of forum themes can become available?
I mostly just quietly stalk things. Don't mind me.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »
There are already a number of forum themes you can choose from. If you have others you would like to see implemented, you can post them here and I will try if I can add them. Keep in mind though that a lot of (older) themes cause defects, so it won't always be possible.

Offline Midori no Neko

• Junior Second Class
  • Just another cat on the internet.
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2013, 11:35:59 PM »
i want to point out a number of things:

-a chatbox would be great, but it should have a minimize button

-there probably is not going to be music thread, but an index of soundtracks should definitely be included in the mainsite

-in the .tk version of the site, the tab always says "welcome" even if you have already moved off of the welcome page(i use mozilla, but i checked and the same thing happens with chrome and internet explorer). also, im curious what the tab icon is (the little green and white pic on the tab. it looks like kanji but i can't read it)

-a roleplaying thread is a must have :3 it might need to be broken up into more than one thread though, or even have its own board, if it gets popular.

-i like the basic layout of the forum, but i do agree it needs more spunk. as for the backround(or whatever you call the area currently inhabited by blue stripes), i like the look of this:
http://www.ao-ex.com/img/bg_pattern.gif
its the backround pattern of the official ao-ex movie site. if we decide to use it, we would probably make the pattern larger on our site than they have it on thiers. i also like the idea of seasonally changing the backround with good fanart.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2013, 12:04:19 AM »
-there probably is not going to be music thread, but an index of soundtracks should definitely be included in the mainsite
If you want a music thread, feel free to make one. I'll be easier for me if there is already an index I can use.

-in the .tk version of the site, the tab always says "welcome" even if you have already moved off of the welcome page(i use mozilla, but i checked and the same thing happens with chrome and internet explorer). also, im curious what the tab icon is (the little green and white pic on the tab. it looks like kanji but i can't read it)
Use the "Go to the forum" button. The symbol is simply a stylised version of ".tk".

-a roleplaying thread is a must have :3 it might need to be broken up into more than one thread though, or even have its own board, if it gets popular.
We have one.
http://www.theblueknight.host-ed.me/forum/index.php/topic,70.0.html

-i like the basic layout of the forum, but i do agree it needs more spunk. as for the backround(or whatever you call the area currently inhabited by blue stripes), i like the look of this:
its the backround pattern of the official ao-ex movie site. if we decide to use it, we would probably make the pattern larger on our site than they have it on thiers. i also like the idea of seasonally changing the backround with good fanart.
Are we allowed to use it?

Even if we are, I'm not sure how to do that... someone would probably have to edit the template.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2228

Offline Midori no Neko

• Junior Second Class
  • Just another cat on the internet.
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2013, 12:20:28 AM »

We have one.
http://www.theblueknight.host-ed.me/forum/index.php/topic,70.0.html

i meant a virtual roleplaying thread (srry i should have clarified)

Are we allowed to use it?

Even if we are, I'm not sure how to do that... someone would probably have to edit the template.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2228

oh i didn't think about copyright. probably shouldn't use it then.
and now i see how the forum themes work. we might be able to find someone who can write code for a backround(there are tons of people on tumblr who write code for themes, though it might be a little challenging to find someone for our purposes), or we could just keep a look out for a better theme.

Also, you know the banner? (the one with anime rin and yukio on it, you're using it for the facebook site) its fine how it is, but i was wondering if we could make it a bit fancier or even change the art. it just seems a little plain.