Author Topic: Favorite Anime and Manga  (Read 7760 times)

Offline manypets4me

• Eins, Zwei, Drei!
  • Exwire
  • Eins, Zwei, Drei!
Favorite Anime and Manga
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:29:20 PM »
Thought it would be nice to have this topic as I didn't see one like it.   Please post your favorite Anime and Manga series! (Mine is obviously Blue Exorcist :) ) Site rules apply of course.

Offline Elaedan

• Intermediate First Class
  • Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
Re: Favorite Anime and Manga
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:59:03 AM »
Okay I have recommended some of these already but I will list again:

-Digimon
(originally anime: especially seasons 1&3)
Story of children and their digimon partners saving the world. Much emotiongs, drama and dark in many points!

-Ginga series: Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Ginga Densetsu Riki and Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion by Yoshihiro Takahashi
(Originally manga but two of the first has anime adaption)
Story of a akita inu family members fighting against many foes, samurai spirit and cruel in some points... If I wrote A summary it would be loooong so I try to keep these short...

-Ao no Exorcist by Kazue Kato

-Nurarihyon no Mago by Hiroshi Shiibashi
(Originally manga, got two seasons of anime and OVAs)
Story of yokai Nurarihyon's grandson who tries unite all Japanese yokai and ayakashi under his Hyakki Yago (Night parade of 100 demons but the count is like many thousands), thus trying to become lord of all demons. He is 3/4 human thus doing that partly to protect them and help them live with harmony with yokais.

-Shingeki no Kyojin by Hajime Isayama
(Originally manga, got anime which you propably know)
Titan killing anime... The characters are interesting though!

Tokyo Ravens by Kohei Azano
(Originally light novel series, got anime adaption last year)
-story of AU modern universe where onmyouji exorcise spirits. First school -life fantasy, but goes darker. Basic idea is that protagonist of Tsuchimikado branch family member Harutora Tsuchimikado, descendant of Abe no Seimei, becomes shikigami to head Family daughter's Natsume Tsuchimikado who are thought to be A reincarnation of modern onmyoji's father Yakou Tsuchimikado.

-Kyoukai no Kanata
(Light novel which got anime 2013)
Akihito Kanbara who is rare offspring of youmu (spirit/demon: more of yokai but not quite) meets A girl named Mirai Kuriyama who is A member of spirit world warrior society which is responsible for protecting human from youmu. Romance, drama, fantasy.

Okay that is all for starters.. ^^"

Digimon, Gingas and AnE are my fandoms. I started Digimon on 2000, Ginga 2003 and AnE 2013 that's why so listed. Those three aren't in fav order, from those can't choose winner.

Shingeki and Nurarihyon comes behind and I prefer all in all Nura little more because the plot is better etc.

Tokyo Ravens is cool but comes after those. Kyoukai is my least favourite.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:49:16 AM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:00:09 AM »
Fullmetal Alchemist (manga)/FMA: Brotherhood (anime) is definitely in the top together with AnE. Recently I have developed a fondness for Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic and Onepunch-Man too. Claymore's also one of my favourites.

Offline Kenneth245

• Azure Fire Wyvern
  • Exwire
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:42:18 AM »
I've got quite a list of manga and anime that I like, aside from Ao no Exorcist which is my top favorite.

- Senyuu (manga)
- Blood Lad (manga) (animé)
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (animé)
- Hunter X Hunter (manga) (1999 animé only)
- Fate/Stay Night (animé)
- Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun (animé)
- Karneval (animé)
- To Aru Majutsu no Index (animé)
- Yu Yu Hakusho (animé)

The thing with Hunter X Hunter is that the author likes going on hiatus so much, that I basically gave up hope on it. I think the last chapter was in 2012, and he's still on hiatus. -____- It's an awesome series but waiting for the next chapter is painful!

Karneval has a pretty good plot, and the character designs are very pretty. I haven't read the manga since i'm quite a slow reader, and I dislike having to catch up with manga. I still recommend it!

I won't talk about every single one, but those are the ones I like! ^^ All hail Gilgamesh!!

Offline Lyreine

• Page
  • ;_____;
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
^Is Hunter x Hunter that manga where the mangaka keeps breaking his hand/having "medical problems" or something? I remember my friend ranting about something like that lul

Offline Kenneth245

• Azure Fire Wyvern
  • Exwire
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:06:53 PM »
^Is Hunter x Hunter that manga where the mangaka keeps breaking his hand/having "medical problems" or something? I remember my friend ranting about something like that lul

I've heard stuff like that, but not about breaking his hand. I think he has Carpal Tunnel syndrome and that could be the reason. Though, he sometimes goes on hiatus to go on vacation, or just BECAUSE HE FEELS LIKE IT. Would be nice if he wrote a little note about his hiatus at the end of a chapter. The #1 reason is because he's got a lot of cash on him, so he comes back to the manga when feel like it or gets inspiration.

Usually, Manga Artists go on hiatus to take a break, get inspiration or think about the next arc/chapter. This guy on the other hand abuses his popularity unlike any other... LOL!

Offline Leona

• Page
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »
My main fandoms apart from AnE are: Yugioh (mostly DM and 5Ds, although I'm veering into Arc-V as well now) and Detective Conan.

Apart from that I'm also a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin, DNAngel (although I'm not caught up with the manga as of several chapters back or so) and FMA. I'm familiar with some of the other populars, Naruto and Bleach and SNK, but while they're fun and I can talk about them for ages, they've never dragged me in like the others have. I've also seen a few other anime, including Yu Yu Hakusho and Cardcaptors, though they were a while back now.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:12:36 PM »
If you talked to me one and a half years ago, I would be ranting and raving about Zettai Karen Children like I do for AnE now. I went into a huge Esper craze because of that series. Then the author lost his inspiration or something, and I just gave up, because it lost its spark to me.

I still like Tokyo ESP and Shinsekai Yori.

And that series never had a fandom. It had a fandom of about 5 people.

Because I got dragged too deep into the AnE fandom, I don't have time for much else now.

Except maybe Natsume Yuujinchou. (Now I am in a Yokai craze.)

Offline Leona

• Page
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
I was the same with DNAngel. The author kept going on hiatus - as bad as me, Sugisaki is. So I shifted my attention elsewhere, and I'm kind of wary of getting too far back into it in case it stings me by cutting off at a bad point.

I've read some of Natsume Yuujinchou! One of my favourite artists on DA did art for it, so I got curious.

I've also read a bit of Nurarihyon, but never a great deal of either of those two, I'm afraid...

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
Nura never caught my interest like NY and AnE. I guess it was too Jump-Like? I did like it, and I read it all though. I'm mostly caught up with both.

Offline Isis-Lied

• Junior Second Class
  • maybe someday i'll finish a fanfic...
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 11:12:48 PM »
@tardar
Oh my god, you like Shin Sekai Yori? let me hug you It's such a good anime; a shame it went unnoticed during its season. My top favorite anime/manga would have to be ANE, Psycho-Pass (I have a serious obsession w/ it and would recommend it to anyone who likes psychological anime), Baccano!, and Shiki.
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." -Serbian Proverb

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 01:15:01 AM »
Yep! I loved it to death! Marathoned the entire thing.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 04:37:31 AM »
^Uuuh I loooooveeee youkais<33 I have AnE boom going on but week ago got again into the 'Nura: rise of the yokai Clan'. Too bad it had to end... The entire character cast was interesting and I liked the designs and samurai philosophy in it~
Sorry to hear that you didn't like it ^^"

If want to watch yokai related, then just-ended Tokyo Ravens or Kyokai no Kanata has some of them in (though in the latter they are called 'youmu').

DNAngel still runs? I have seen anime, but it is so old series I thought it wouldn't be worth publishing anymore? (Like in Shonen Jump series get kicked easily if they aren't voted)

Natsume Yuujinchou was nice when I watched anime, is the manga even better? :33 (I would like the series even more if with drama there would be little battling!)

@Tardar and Isis
I have also seen Shin Sekai Yori! It was interesting, and several of my friends cosplay of the characters :33

But has to say same as Tar, with AnE as my main manga/anime fandom I have less time to other series all in all >___<
~魔神の落胤~

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 04:43:02 AM »
Oh, I like Nura. I just don't like it as in "this is something special."

Offline Kenneth245

• Azure Fire Wyvern
  • Exwire
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »
Ah, I finished watching DN Angel a few weeks ago, and I really enjoyed it! The way they paired Miwa and Hiwatari at times was rather amusing, and kinda cute! :) Hiwatari giving Miwa CPR, though... xD

The manga already finished, but some chapters have yet to be translated. Kind of a shame. =/

Before DN Angel, I had watched Tsubasa Chronicle and I found the story average. I dropped it after season 2, because they were putting too much enfasis on Monaka after the chibi episode. The little guy is quite annoying in every aspect, and had it not been for him, I would've finished watching it completely.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:16:19 AM by Kenneth245 »