Author Topic: Chapter 98 (raws)  (Read 9126 times)

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
  • Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
Re: Chapter 98 (raws)
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2018, 01:42:26 AM »
Do you remember the scene with Yukio in his room all by himself and thinking about everyone and their burdens?
I don't think Yukio will cross to the Illuminati because he himself said that he joined them exclusively for power. When he gets it, he will leave them, but I don't think they will make it any easier for him to do so. Everyone wears another's burden, so he will redeem himself for everything they have done for him so far and try to attack the enemy from inside to finish them off with their own weapon. Yukio could die in the process but Rin would come to save the day. He'll be all like: "Hey bro, you can't just keep playing hero forever you know!"
Why shouldn't Rin be angry? Mephisto had told him everything. Of course, that's just my assumptions. Nobody knows what could happen in the end.

"Win a place for yourself in this world."- Shura Kirigakure

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »
We're gonna get answers! Even if it's not in the very next chapter, I don't care. We're CLOSE to those answers like we never were before and there's no way back.

Yeah, you say that, but this has been dragged out for so long; I won't be surprised if the next chapters starts with Mephisto going "not gonna tell u, thx bye" or them getting interrupted by Amaimon or some other random shit and us having to wait another 10 chapters for something resembling an answer.
I'm not getting my hopes up before I see that chapter with my own eyes!

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2018, 05:15:33 PM »
Owwkay, chapter 98's english translation is up!

-about Shiemi, it looks like Amaimon (and Izumo) are specifically wondering about WHO (what) she really IS. So maybe the infamous secret is something related to his very own identity?
-haha, props to Viz for making Rin sound less "sexual" while talking about his flame!
-thinking about it, when demon!Rin asks human!Rin "Did you think you had faced and overcome me? You merely suppressed me.", um, during the IK arc, it would've looked Rin was 100% able to overcome the "wild flame". We read his thoughts when he decided to not let down the people who believed in him and it really looked like he did overcome his "berserk" status for good but, at the end of the fight, when Ucchusma asked him "Which are you? Human or demon?" Rin got this weird look on his face and then we're shown his back for the next four panels until he finally turns with that cute face. I wonder if in those moments where we can't see his facial expression, Rin wondered how Ucchusma could ask him that right after he proved he was on the side of humanity and maybe got his first doubts. And that's what demon!Rin could be referring to when he says "You merely suppressed me."
-this. This. THIS. "I made him say that, but I can't let it end like this. Yukio is wrong. It isn't like that. But I didn't know what to say. Because I don't know anything." My poor, poor heart. And here my doubts about Rin wanting to know the truth -only- for himself (and I mean: as a way to prove his demon self (and/or himself in general) he's serious about wanting to get over his cowardice) dissolved. He -needs- to know for Yukio too. So he can have a way to confute Yukio's words. He can't unless he faces his fears or learning the truth and overcomes them. He needs to, for Yukio too. I... I can't...This is too much...
-in Viz's translation, demon!Rin doesn't specifically talk about Rin's being shot by Yukio, but says "That's why you always lose so easily", in general. I don't kinda agree with how this sounds/what it implies. Is that a correct translation?
-Mephisto... "Are you ready?" YES, MEPHISTO, WE ARE READY!!!!! JUST TELL US FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 05:39:09 PM by Cloelia »

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2018, 05:36:29 PM »
Mephisto... "Are you ready?" YES, MEPHISTO, WE ARE READY!!!!! JUST TELL US FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Deam I can't wait for the revelation! This is so exciting!XD

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2018, 06:00:57 PM »
Love the fact we got the Viz chapter so soon! Can't wait to hear what secrets will be revealed next chapter!

I also think it's hilarious that Amaimon seems scared of Shiemi now. He never showed that with Rin, so that makes me even more interested as to what she actually is.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
And what excites me even more is that thanks to February being such a short month, and sometimes even a shorter one (like this year), next month chapter 99 (both raws and Viz's translation) are gonna (most likely) come out as early as this month again. Not to mention how good it feels when you realize the 4th of a month is gonna be a Sunday... Aww, shorter wait is the best!

Offline Kiellessa

• Page
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
And what excites me even more is that thanks to February being such a short month, and sometimes even a shorter one (like this year), next month chapter 99 (both raws and Viz's translation) are gonna (most likely) come out as early as this month again. Not to mention how good it feels when you realize the 4th of a month is gonna be a Sunday... Aww, shorter wait is the best!

This has me super excited, too! Then new Viz release today, and a few weeks until another new raw chapter. However, each month, I have to say, the official translated version feels so much more... flat(?) than the fan translated versions. Oh well, that has nothing to do with anything.

Still happy. Short months ftw, in this case.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »
^ Not to find the cloud in the silver lining, but the short month might mean a shorter chapter. The new volume is probably gonna be released in March too, so Katou will also be working on panel fixes and a new cover. (Fingers crossed for Rin with the Kurikara before everything went crazy, but I'd also be okay if it's current Rin with his demon heart out.)
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2018, 07:45:56 PM »
^ Not to find the cloud in the silver lining, but the short month might mean a shorter chapter. The new volume is probably gonna be released in March too, so Katou will also be working on panel fixes and a new cover. (Fingers crossed for Rin with the Kurikara before everything went crazy, but I'd also be okay if it's current Rin with his demon heart out.)

Yeah, that might be true but if we really are getting the secrets of the Blue Night next chapter, that short chapter will be full of information, and I'm ok with that. It'd probably be like chapter 85, it was shorter than usual, but we got so much revealed.

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2018, 08:53:34 PM »
Katou will also be working on panel fixes and a new cover. (Fingers crossed for Rin with the Kurikara before everything went crazy, but I'd also be okay if it's current Rin with his demon heart out.)

I'm looking forward to the new cover! Then I'll figure out whether Rin's hair is white or blonde, it's really confusing... Btw. I think Rin'll keep the Koma sword because the manga is called "Blue Exorcist". Exorcists should have a Meister and Rin will stay the Knight after all.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:56:19 PM by Kannra21 »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2018, 07:15:27 AM »
So, instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing, I finally read the English translation.

Only complaint towards Viz today is.... dammit, Shiemi was saying that the flames were hot, not Rin! Kinda awkward to make her say "he's hot". Viz, you guys know that's a double meaning! But otherwise I'm happy with the translation. I liked how they translated demon Rin. He's really chipper and happy about the whole burning people thing.

Likewise, wahhh, Shiemi. I hope she's okay. She better be okay. I just want all the Exwires to be given a nice vacation in some place warm and tropical and away from everything bad.

And Bon, wahhh... his "he can't be dead" thing was pretty much what I was saying when I saw charcoal Rin at first. Man, Bon. He is so pure, wholesome, and good. He's a righteous dude.

It's pretty cool that Yukio is such a presence in the chapter despite not appearing. I'm glad the plot finally circled back to the sibling argument back in chapter 89. It's kinda funny to read our discussions for that chapter and compare them to what happened. I'm happy that I was right, Yukio was reacting to a real issue Rin was having. Rin acknowledged it here. Now Rin can learn about the past and face his fear.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2018, 10:51:27 PM »
I just thought about something. I think there's a chance we may -not- get a parallel between the twins being told whatever Mephisto and Lucifer are planning to tell them. It's about a "technical" reason.

After Yukio left, Rin burned to ashes, "awakened", confronted his inner demon, came back to his senses, fainted, was brought to Mephisto's mansion and I guess he slept for a while. What I mean is that if Lucifer told something to Yukio as soon as they met, I think Yukio should've heard all of his story by the time Rin's asking Mephisto.

Unless Lucifer decided to postpone their meeting for some reason, or Kato-sama will give us Lucifer's revelations in Yukio's flashback format. Or maybe reaching Dominus Liminis took longer that it seems and I'm wrong. Or... Nothing, ignore me. I WANT that parallel, so I don't even want to think about chances of not having it. *stay positive*

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2018, 03:14:04 AM »
^ Unless Lucifer gets uncharacteristically enforcing of protocol and kicks Yukio out for his insubordinate "you all suck" speech, I'm pretty damn sure we'll get a parallel, even if it isn't the story isn't recounted at the same time.

Poor Yukio though. He has literally gone without sleep for two days. He also probably hasn't eaten much.

Why hasn't our fandom done a snickers meme for Yukio yet?

Offline broken account

• Page
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »
Only complaint towards Viz today is.... dammit, Shiemi was saying that the flames were hot, not Rin! Kinda awkward to make her say "he's hot". Viz, you guys know that's a double meaning!
T _T

It's pretty cool that Yukio is such a presence in the chapter despite not appearing. I'm glad the plot finally circled back to the sibling argument back in chapter 89. It's kinda funny to read our discussions for that chapter and compare them to what happened. I'm happy that I was right, Yukio was reacting to a real issue Rin was having. Rin acknowledged it here. Now Rin can learn about the past and face his fear.
And from Mephisto's reaction, it seemed like he pushed Yukio to the brink only so that Rin would ask him to tell the story.

Which is funny because if I were Rin I would have asked Mephisto in chapter 1.

Offline Stella96

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2018, 03:45:25 PM »

Which is funny because if I were Rin I would have asked Mephisto in chapter 1.
This made me laugh a lot xD basically bc I’d have been asking him 24/7 until he killed or answered me too.
I can understand Rin was afraid of the answer but c’mon, curiosity is something that everyone has... specially if you don’t even know why you’re still alive if a whole Order wanted to kill you when you was a baby...