Author Topic: Home Sweet Home (short stories)  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Elaedan

• Intermediate First Class
  • Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
Home Sweet Home (short stories)
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:50:13 PM »
Well I thought that maybe it would be easier to ppl to have each of the novel own thread where to discuss of them.... You can delete this if you find this dumb...

But I would suggest that Weekend Hero stories be translated and put to the thread where we used to discuss all of the stories ^^''

And one more thing: Sorry my scanner screwed me, it didn't want to work on my laptop and was too lazy to steal my sis' so I took photos of the pages... I think still that the letter are shown quite nice, but if you need anything clearer etc let me know and I take new ones with my best camera : PP 
(and I think of scanning the illustrations and colour pages, but have to figure out first how my scanner works)

But here you go: Amaimon's story from the novel Home Sweet Home (scanning others later)

https://plus.google.com/114947451656729552910/posts

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:52:08 PM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline ZeitDieb

• Page
  • I like Turtles
Re: Home Sweet Home (short stories)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
I didn't even notice this lol Thanks for uploading the Scans Elaedan. :D
Hopefully I might be able to translate this during my holidays this month. xD

Offline Stephanie

• Suspect
  • Page
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 05:37:55 AM »
Find a website that teaches work like Photoshop.

Offline hyzkoa

• Page
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 03:48:14 PM »
Hello. I'm trying to translate this chapter but some pages are just too blurry and I can barely make out what the hiragana says, let alone the kanji. Please if you could take better, clearer pictures of some of the pages or even scan them that'd be wonderful.

I can see last time OP was active was last year but I made an account in hopes to get an answer. Amaimon is my lifeblood and I can't afford to buy the light novel, so I really want to translate this chapter.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »
^I  answered your PM but updating a little bit;

When I scanned the pics I was young and stupid and didn't own a scanner so that's why the pics are so crappy. Atm my AnE books are back home while I reside in Japan, but I see what I can do. If needed in the future I am still interested to provide any JP scans you want, this time with a scanner though.
~魔神の落胤~

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 04:57:15 AM »
I figured I might as well start translating the cute twins/Shirou story from this book to tide us over while we wait for everything to be horrible forever next chapter:

Here's part 1!

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 08:18:37 PM »
Break my heart into itty bitty pieces all over again, whydoncha... Nah, the story is adorable. Thanks facets!

- Every time the story brings up Yukio being honest or happy, I remember chapter 90-93 and my hopes and dreams are crushed anew.
- Yukio's plan to bribe Kuro to let him work is so pointlessly manipulative and so typical of him. I love this jerkass.
- Still, the descriptions of getting anxiety because he isn't working himself to death is too relatable.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 03:23:45 AM »

Offline Cherub

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 04:24:58 AM »
I've been stalking you on tumblr, the stories so cute! Is there a third part btw?

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 05:11:50 AM »
I've been stalking you on tumblr, the stories so cute! Is there a third part btw?

Not yet, but I'm almost done translating it! I'm guessing seven-ish parts total?

Offline Cherub

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »

Not yet, but I'm almost done translating it! I'm guessing seven-ish parts total?

I'm so keen to read them once their translated -- thankyou for all the hard work!!

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 05:08:02 AM »

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 09:27:49 PM »
Yukio was afraid of everything. Until just recently, he hadn’t even been able to walk to the bathroom by himself—he said there were ghosts and demons hiding in the darkness.

“I have to protect Yukio. I’m his big brother,” Rin said to himself, a dutiful look on his face.

That second sentence. It's so heartbreaking in so many ways (especially thinking about what's about to happen)

Anyway, in the first part. I always wondered if Yukio ever told Rin he could see weird creatures (but Rin, obviously, wouldn't believe him). So reading this bit gave me a doubt. It's Rin somehow thinking that to himself? Something like that. I don't know the english name for that narrative style. But, in general, do you think Yukio ever spoke about the matter with him?

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 10:31:50 PM »
“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Dad’s deeaaaaaaaaaad!”

“No I’m not! Don’t just kill me like that!”

You’ll jinx me, he thought, staggering to his feet with a hand on his back. His face stiffened. “Though…I guess it was a pretty close call there.”

I always wondered if Yukio ever told Rin he could see weird creatures (but Rin, obviously, wouldn't believe him). So reading this bit gave me a doubt. It's Rin somehow thinking that to himself? Something like that. I don't know the english name for that narrative style. But, in general, do you think Yukio ever spoke about the matter with him?

My bet is when he was little, Yukio always told Rin what he saw and Rin might've pretended he also saw things just to make Yukio feel better. Kids playing make-believe and all that. Eventually Yukio realized Rin couldn't see anything and stopped telling Rin, and Rin thought Yukio was making things up because Yukio's a scaredy-cat. That's where the damage was done.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 01:52:22 AM »
Part 4! It just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Dad’s deeaaaaaaaaaad!”

“No I’m not! Don’t just kill me like that!”

You’ll jinx me, he thought, staggering to his feet with a hand on his back. His face stiffened. “Though…I guess it was a pretty close call there.”

The part that really got me was when Rin was begging for a cell phone and then Shirou said "maybe when you're grown up." PRETTY MUCH THE LAST THING HE EVER DID WAS GIVE RIN A CELL PHONE.