Author Topic: Ao no Exorcist (TV anime)  (Read 28262 times)

Offline Jarield

• Exwire
  • Yukio is LE SEX!!!
Ao no Exorcist (TV anime)
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »

Ao no Exorcist (TV)

Aired: Apr 17, 2011 to Oct 2, 2011
Producers: Aniplex, Dentsu, A-1 Pictures, Mainichi Broadcasting, Movic, Aniplex of AmericaL, Sakura Create
Running time: half hour per episode
Number of episodes: 25

Opening Theme:
"Core Pride" by UVERworld
#2: "In My World" by ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D

Ending Theme:
"Take Off" by 2PM
#2: "Wired Life" by Meisa Kuroki
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:00:33 PM by NeeNee »

Offline Jarield

• Exwire
  • Yukio is LE SEX!!!
Re: Ao no Exorcist (TV)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »
Quick words... Many say that this is a big disappointment contrast to the manga, which I could see why, and it's not like that is new anyway... But I actually enjoyed it overall... Especially the first episodes...

The last episodes are rushed, but I kind of like the route they were going for... I just hope it was executed better...
Of course, Yukio getting promoted to Paladin and having his demon powers awakened are just cherries on top...

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 04:15:14 PM »
I haven't heard anyone talk about it and I'm not sure they even noticed, but I really can't stand the way they drew Mephisto.

Offline Jarield

• Exwire
  • Yukio is LE SEX!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »
What's wrong with Mephisto?

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
He just looks so weird in the anime... I think it's his eyes.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 04:20:06 AM »
Quick summary of my reactions to the anime:

I saw. I raged. Oh and how I raged.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 05:17:46 AM »
^ Ah, earthforge, I was wondering when you'd come through. :)

Re-reading those anime reviews made me laugh all the way through again. Your writing's just awesome. Way more enjoyable than the episodes themselves. ;D

I also wrote a short impression of Episode 20 here.
(click to show/hide)

Though I have to admit I kinda liked the first episodes. Especially the ones with Kuro and the leaper were really good... but once they dropped the manga storyline, everything just went to hell. Seriously, Rin running around killing people? Yukio blindly following the first suspicious stranger he meets in his mad quest to destroy the Order? Not to mention the whole "Hey, I suddenly noticed I'm a demon too" thing? Yeah, no. I don't think I'll ever get used to this. I respect the people who enjoyed the anime, but I'll never be able to see the last part as anything more than a bad fanfic.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:11:21 AM by NeeNee »

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 12:41:45 PM »
^ You forgot the whole Satan-wanting-to-know-what-love-is-and-is-actually-a-good-guy-who-can't-express-his-feelings-properly thing.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »
^ And about Yuri "oh you poor brute of a killer without a conscience, I am rapt with compassion" Egin.

The Kuro episode had one major "UGH" point - the fact that all the exorcists just stood and watched an Exwire deal with a demon that they were struggling with. I was going "MORONS GO HELP". The manga version at least made me forget that they existed.

I find it funny how with the last arc, everyone's forgetting the awful Koneko and Gale arc.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »
The Kuro episode had one major "UGH" point - the fact that all the exorcists just stood and watched an Exwire deal with a demon that they were struggling with. I was going "MORONS GO HELP". The manga version at least made me forget that they existed.

I always assumed they were just lower classes and trusted Yukio to have some masterplan or something.

After all, it did seem like Shiro especially told them to call the boy if something happened with Kuro.

I find it funny how with the last arc, everyone's forgetting the awful Koneko and Gale arc.

That's because we can just forget it existed without it having any effect on the story.

The worst thing about that last arc is that they can never get back on track without a massive retcon or even a complete reboot. It puts a mortgage on everything that comes next, and that's worse than just some stupid filler.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »
I'll be waiting for Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood....

Offline Grieves

• Exwire
  • Personal Text
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »
At least we get to see the universe in colour right? Now I know what colour Mephisto's hat is.

Offline babysarah

• Page
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 10:23:12 AM »
At least the anime had a good soundtrack. I have it on my ipod and listen to it all the time, all the pieces on it are good for listening.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »
I haven't heard anyone talk about it and I'm not sure they even noticed, but I really can't stand the way they drew Mephisto.

I quite liked Mephisto. I think they captured his personality well.

In the beginning, that is. In the end he's a nutcase like everyone else (but then, he always was a bit weird).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:40:20 AM by NeeNee »

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
^ His personality was fine and Hiroshi Kamiya couldn't have done a better job, I'm just dissapointed with the way they drew him ._. He's one of my favorites so I wanted him to look... more right.