Author Topic: Questions for Kazue  (Read 43101 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: Questions for Kazue
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »
^ You have your real names on S2S stuff?

That.. sounds rather stupid, to be blunt.

Anyway, you don't have to put your name on the letter if you don't want to. You can just use a fake name, or give the question to someone else.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:25:08 PM by NeeNee »

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »
What? NO. Real names WTF. We use the same usernames we use here. I'll be fine on the letter if I don't use "tardar-sauce". Actually I don't know why I was worried. you don't post the s2s ones do you?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 09:48:50 PM »
^ We would be using our real names to write Kazue, so she won't have your username.

And even if we did send her the name of the forum, it's not like she'd publish it. But yeah, it's probably best if we just tell her that we're a bunch of international fans who started our own forum to talk about her series.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 12:37:14 AM »
My name is an original combination; and since it's in newspapers it's easy to find where I live (small town makes it all the easier) :P so I avoid using it online - but if only chaotic and Katou know then I don't mind.
But the people who wrote to Katou used pen names, right? So do you think we have to use pen names, or are we allowed to use our real names - maybe both??
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 01:08:03 AM »
^ They did? I never paid much attention, since I can't tell the difference between real and fake Japanese names anyway. I figured she needed people's real name and address in order to send them a present, but maybe they give her both their real and a nick name?

In any case, you can choose which name you want to use.

Offline chaotickairos

• Exwire
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 01:50:53 AM »
I'll write it in english first, then translate it. I'm not that good at Japanese yet.
As for the naming, I'd say you should go with what ever you feel comfortable with. I don't think I'll go into specifics, and just mention that we're an english language community for international fans that formed to talk about the manga. No links, or anything.

NeeNee, is there anything specific that you think you should be in the intro?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 02:08:23 AM »
NeeNee, is there anything specific that you think you should be in the intro?

- greetings
- we're a group of international fans from all over the world
- we love your series
- we even made a forum to talk about it
- we had each person ask a question (hope you don't mind)
- and there's some fanart too

That's the bare minimum. You can dress it up and add more fluff as much as you like. (Other people can make suggestions too.)

I was thinking, maybe we can also allow a one-line comment with the question, so everyone can get in a few words of there own. That way, I'd basically be one big letter with a number of smaller ones inside. (But we must make sure we're not all saying the same thing. ^^)

(I just noticed, it actually says to include your real name along with your pen name. So I guess we'll be doing both.)

Offline chaotickairos

• Exwire
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 02:21:19 AM »
Alrighty then, sounds doable to me! I'll whip something up and post it on here in a few days. If anyone has anything they think is vitally important, message me either here or on tumblr. (chaotic-melody.tumblr.com) I'll have both up the whole time, so don't be afraid to ask!

As for the comment, please keep it short! I'll be happy to translate a line or two, but if everyone sends me a paragraph it'll quickly add up and become a pain.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014, 02:25:50 AM »

I think one-line (or two) comments sound fair. Now I gotta choose which question I wanna ask >.<
The tail one is probably a better pick than the shaving one, though I'll forever be wondering about it o.e why do I think of these things

And that makes sense. Since it's over letter, my real name I can trust to chaos and Katou, I'm sure. Though, does it say you need your full name or just first name?

So...if Kato happens to send us all presents is chaos going to have to send them all out or is it gunna be like a relay-race without the racing or something? o.e

And chaos, thanks so much for doing this!

Youtube account

Offline chaotickairos

• Exwire
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2014, 02:33:35 AM »
It's no problem! I was going to ask though if there is anyone who'd be willing to post the thing. I have limited funds, so I don't know if I can really afford to send a letter that far away. I'll have to check.

Edit: Note, I will be contacting you if I think the message you send is in anyway rude or inappropriate in order to give you a chance to change it. If you do not respond, I will cut it from the letter. While I don't think anyone will, I do want to warn you all ahead of time and remind you that we are representing her international fanbase with this letter!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:46:13 AM by chaotickairos »

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2014, 03:10:56 AM »
And that makes sense. Since it's over letter, my real name I can trust to chaos and Katou, I'm sure. Though, does it say you need your full name or just first name?

So...if Kato happens to send us all presents is chaos going to have to send them all out or is it gunna be like a relay-race without the racing or something? o.e

Since she doesn't actually need our contact info, you can do whatever you want with your name. Just mention which one you would prefer to see published, so we don't leave Kazue wondering if it's okay to print it.

If she sends present for all of us (which is unlikely), I suppose those who want it will have to pay for the shipping costs. But I expect there will be only one, and in that case it goes to the person who sent the letter.

Offline Dimwit

• His Majesty's Secret Service
  • Exwire
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2014, 08:06:15 AM »
I've got odd questions that I don't really think will make it through a vote, but I'm gonna put them here anyway and see what happens.

- Where was the Right Eye of the Impure King stored before it was moved to the Keep in the Kyoto Branch?
- How did Fujimoto Shirou survive Blue Night? How did Fujimoto Shirou react when he was told he was going to be made Paladin? Meh, how to phrase? x/ How was it concluded that Fujimoto Shirou was "the only person in the world Satan could possess" (quote the first volume)?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:21:26 AM by Dimwit »

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2014, 03:27:47 PM »
//Sorry I have been away awhile; what's the situation in here?///

Okay everyone submit pen names? I also thought that we could all ask questions but if it is 'easier' to publish they could just put that "x many persons from English speaking AnE forum sinnittele there questions" but dunno if it makes things more easy or complicated....

I know what I want to say and ask, would still be great if someone helps me translate things...

And if anybody else don't want to, like I said I could post the letter ( this is important to me so I would like to do that! :33) if someone else just typos it and the address 833
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:39:30 PM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2014, 05:16:33 PM »
For fanart will chaos have to print those out? o.o
Viz says that you have to submit your (physical) fanart, but you will never get it back. Obviously we aren't going to send them to chaos, so is s/he's going to have to print them out, right??? Or do you have another plan???

Youtube account

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »
Yeah, the idea was to print them out.