Author Topic: Chapter 97 RAW  (Read 27212 times)

Offline Stella96

• Junior Second Class
Re: Chapter 97 RAW
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2018, 08:31:44 PM »

and the fact that Shima teased Izumo (here in chapter 97) about not being too harsh to him after he leaves do you think there's a chance Izumo's gonna get a "revamp" on her character development (similar to Suguro after the IK arc)?
I've just thought about this

A confrontation with this two could be very interesting actually. I wonder if Shima would be capable of hurt Izumo with his own hands

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2018, 11:11:47 PM »
  • I prefer facets' summary of the Satan-Yukio-Rin conversation. I feel like Viz removed some details, like how Satan's deal was with Samael, or having Rin go "how?" and Yukio go "I don't know, anyway I'm going" instead of Rin go "wtf?" and Yukio go "yeah I know, that's why I'm going".
I don't have the raw in front of me, but if I remember correctly, it went more like;
Rin "Why is this happening?" (with satan and everything)
Yukio "I don't know. And that's exactly why I'm going."

• Likewise, they nerfed Shiemi's line from "Yuki-chan, you are not allowed to go!" to "don't go, Yuki-chan!"
That kind of mistranslation often happens though. I'm so used to seeing it, I've kind of given up. Still I wouldn't do it.

"[VERB] dame da" = "[VERB] is not-good/unacceptable/not-allowed/..."
"[VERB] naide" = "do not [VERB]"
"[VERB] naide kudasai" = "please, do not [VERB]"
"[ME] ha [YOU] ni [VERB] tte hoshikunai" = "I do not want you to [VERB]"

Most of the time I can pretty much guess what went through their head is something like "Shiemi is a sweat girl. > In Japanese saying "dame da" is forceful but can still sound cute depending on who says it and the tone used. > In English it doesn't sound cute no matter who says it or how it's said. > Making Shiemi cute is more important than showing she was being somewhat forceful there. > Let's write "Don't go, Yuki-chan!" instead of something more accurate like "Yuki-chan! ... You can't go!" or "Yuki-chan! ... I won't allow you to go!""

• "Get up Shima and take me with you!"
    *doubles over laughing with a mental image of Shima carrying Yukio bridal-style on the helicopter*
I know right? I didn't say anything, because in Japanese it doesn't sound as weird, but that's literally what he says. If I remember correctly and if we're even more literal, he says "Shima-kun, quick, take me and go!".

EDIT: less literally, he says "Shima-kun, hurry up, lead the way".

• Viz translated the "I might die too" as "yeah, they might kill me too". Is that a valid read? Because I was under the impression that Yukio's telling Rin something more like "I might die [like you]", which segues into the "in the one-in-a-million chance we both survive this, I'll be stronger than you".
He didn't say anything about them killing him, nor how he would die. He just said he might die.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:36:04 AM by chinonamida »

Offline SKL

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2018, 11:18:55 PM »
Talking about Yukio and Rin's next meeting. I have a feeling they'll definitely have multiple instances where they meet and interact before the final confrontation. Their organizations are at war with one another after all.
But fore sure their next meeting won't be until after Rin and the rest become exorcists. That way, Rin will have more agency. He'll be treated less like an exwire that needs to be sheltered and supervised, and more like how Yukio was treated. Getting assigned missions and responsibilities as an exorcist and what not.

For sure the Order will put Yukio high up on their list of targets, and Rin will have to juggle avoiding avoiding them trying to kill Yukio, with him wanting to confront him at the same time. I can see them meeting on the sidelines exchanging words, or having competitive fights. It could be really interesting the possibilities and direction Katou can take this.

They needed to separate. Otherwise, they would run at each other in a constant loop. I'm better than you. I will surpass you. Let neither of us talk about the real issues. You can rely on me. Yeah, right. Why aren't you driven as I am? Why aren't you seeing my struggle? Over and over. I've been wondering if we will see a personality shift in Rin too and for him to rediscover himself to define his purpose as well.
Ahh agreed. Their relationship was going nowhere, so they needed to separate. It might get worse, but the way they were before, they weren't getting any better. This dramatic separation WILL cause change for better or for worse. Rin will understand Yukio better, and Yukio needed his space from Rin to make something of himself.
Before his life revolved around Rin and emulating Shiro, and he never had an identity or life that he felt was his only. So yes Yukio needed this. Well maybe not the going to the 'bad guys' side part -he could have run off to somewhere else-, but really the Illuminati seemed like the only place to go as he would have been renegade and hunted down with no security or time and means to get stronger.

I don't get it. Seems like Yukio didn't really shoot Mephisto, so do you really think Yukio's behavior in chapter 94 (with Mephisto) is more severe then his behavior in chapter 91 (with Bon)?

I think until now everything he has done is still very logical, so he doesn't seem ever reach so-called "insane" state. Though his emotion and priority changed a lot in this arc.

Um, nope, I don't think Yukio trying to shoot Mephisto is more severe then Yukio threatening Suguro. I said Yukio was giving signs of a "dark change" before chapter 93 and I mentioned "pointing guns" referring to Suguro's case. What I meant is that while Yukio was doing "crazy" stuff before chapter 93 he was like in an "on/off" phase where he would do things but eventually fade back into his "fake" act.

After chapter 93, he doesn't care anymore about what he does and doesn't bother to put on the "fake" act anymore. I consider it a difference. Or as I called it, an "upgrade" to another level. I used the word "insane" 'cause that's the first word which came into my mind but I didn't mean "insane" as in "doing illogical things". Much like: acting without a care for his actions.
Well, then I think Yukio doesn’t change much in this chapter. You would expect if Yukio wants to choose a safer way he can still put the fake smile before Lucifer and patiently listen to that world peace plan despite he doesn’t believe it at all. But Yukio does continue his "let’s not fake about anything" attitude, acting without a care for his actions.

Ahh it is so refreshing to not see that fake smile/politeness act anymore. It's weird. With Yukio, we know he is going down a dark path and will probably do things he will later regret. You could call it a character regression in some aspects. But on others, Yukio is going through a character progression. It's a strange dichotomy.

The first change in Yukio being that he no longer fears death. Some may not realize how BIG that really is. If you don't fear death, you don't fear the repercussions of being yourself. You don't fear stepping over some line. You can do anything you want. It's a certain freedom.
That's not to say Yukio is thrilled about it. No. He does have a moral compass after all, so breaking the hearts of his loved ones is something he would do, but it's not something he would feel gleeful about. He still hates himself and is fully aware how self-centered he is. And until he stops to hate himself, he can't make the next step. I kind of hope he takes the current freedom he has by being himself, and lightens up a bit because of it. No matter how sinister that sounds.

and the fact that Shima teased Izumo (here in chapter 97) about not being too harsh to him after he leaves do you think there's a chance Izumo's gonna get a "revamp" on her character development (similar to Suguro after the IK arc)?

I hope so very much. She'll be stale if she remains just the 'supportive' character of Rin and Shiemi's character arcs. Like yeah, manufacturing a new plot line like what happened with Bon. Or maybe Katou won't have time for that... :(

Homare: "Do not upset the commander." Yukio: "Oh, no worries, I'm gonna try my best to upset him as much as possible... and more."

Makes me wonder how Lucifer will react to Yukio basically calling him and his ideals SHIT, and rudely demanding Lucifer gives him what he wants.

I kind of imagine he will just react in a way like he did when Yukio was all 'I don't need it!' *angry stubborn face* Like he'll just muse at his youthful spirit and actions or give leniency to entertain Yukio's 'rebellious phase' and 'coming of age'

On the other hand it seems like Lucifer should re-assert his authority and where he stands on the hierarchy. Otherwise Yukio could walk all over him and the organization like he owns the place.

Now, goddamit. I'm getting confused here. "You are the world's hope for true peace." Why does it sound like Yukio could be a "vital" part in Lucifer's plan if he didn't even know about his eyes (or anything special about Yukio in general) up to a few months ago? I guess Lucifer was planning something for years (centuries). Now, how come all of a sudden Yukio is THAT important to reach his objective? Or so it sounds, at least.

Hmm well the, "You are the world's hope for true peace." could be the sales pitch Lucifer always uses to important agents. But yeah, Yukio is more important a recruit than your standard grunt.
I don't yet know if Yukio is 'vital' but he could be a huge boost to their cause. Like adding a guy with a machine gun to your army of archers. Certainly Yukio 'bringing Satan' for Lucifer is already a major acquisition to Lucifer.
But I can't say for sure yet how vital Yukio is. Like his link with Satan could end up being something to really make a big deal about.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2018, 12:38:17 AM »
  • Viz translated the "I might die too" as "yeah, they might kill me too". Is that a valid read? Because I was under the impression that Yukio's telling Rin something more like "I might die [like you]", which segues into the "in the one-in-a-million chance we both survive this, I'll be stronger than you".
He didn't say anything about them killing him, nor how he would die. He just said he might die.
One more precision. Yukio says "too" not as in "All sort of things might happen to me. One of these things might be death." but as in "You might die and I might die as well."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:40:28 AM by chinonamida »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2018, 01:02:09 AM »
One more precision. Yukio says "too" not as in "All sort of things might happen to me. One of these things might be death." but as in "You might die and I might die as well."

Yeah, a more accurate if more awkward way of putting it is "I too might die".

• I prefer facets' summary of the Satan-Yukio-Rin conversation. I feel like Viz removed some details, like how Satan's deal was with Samael, or having Rin go "how?" and Yukio go "I don't know, anyway I'm going" instead of Rin go "wtf?" and Yukio go "yeah I know, that's why I'm going".
I don't have the raw in front of me, but if I remember correctly, it went more like;
Rin "Why is this happening?" (with satan and everything)
Yukio "I don't know. And that's exactly why I'm going."

(Transcribing by literally copy-pasting the hiragana from the wiki page, man I feel stupid.)
R: ?? どうなつてるんだ!?
Y: さあ だからいくよ

If I remember correctly and if we're even more literal, he says "Shima-kun, quick, take me and go!".

*spits out water* oh my god.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2018, 02:21:10 AM »
Yeah, exactly.

(Transcribing by literally copy-pasting the hiragana from the wiki page, man I feel stupid.)
If you don't have a Japanese keyboard input, you can always go to google translate, set Japanese on the left space, click on the あ in the bottom left corner, and it will change what you write into hiragana, then if you want you can hit the spacebar to change the hiragana into kanji or katakana, when you have what you want hit enter to confirm.

R: ?? どうなつてるんだ!?
Y: さあ だからいくよ
Thanks.

Right, he used さあ. さあ is such a nice word. Even though it's not technically a word. I don't know if I like さあ or ちょっと better. さあ basically means "who knows" or "I have absolutely no idea" or "I don't have a single clue", you get the idea. In some contexts it can also mean "I don't know, and honestly I'm not even interested in knowing." Though obviously this is not the case here. In some other contexts it can mean "Maybe I know, but I won't tell you no matter what you do." This is also not the case here. Here, Yukio is using the basic meaning.

だから means "that's why"

(the subject "I" is omitted by the way)

いく means "go"

よ is like か or ね. It has to be at the end of the sentence. か means the sentence is a question. ね or な means you ask the other person what's their opinion on what you just told them; or depending on the intonation it could be you are asking for their agreement. よ means (that you at least think) you're informing the other person of something they don't already know; it could also mean you're pretending the other person keeps forgetting something you always keep telling them because no matter how many time you tell them they still don't listen to you, even though it's highly possible they remember you told them but just don't believe you, or don't agree with you, or won't listen to you for whatever reasons.

どう means "how"

なってる (なっている if you don't speak in slang) is the verb "to become" conjugated in the ... ... ... action-currently-in-progress tense.

どうなっている means "what is happening" or "what is going on" or "how did things become like this"

んだ (or んです) can mean an awful lot of different things depending on the context, but here it means the question he's asking is based on the observations he made and the knowledge he gained just now. I know it's obvious here, but that's still the purpose of it. Not saying it in this case would sound like he didn't even notice the slightest thing and is completely unaware of what's going on, and therefore asking an absolutely genuine "what's happening here, I just walked in and was wondering what you were doing?".

IKR X')
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:26:05 AM by chinonamida »

Offline Mojo

• Exwire
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2018, 03:04:40 AM »
Oh wow, those two are really giving me final antagonists vibe. The question is whether Katou can do it and still keep the ending semi-happy with how irredeemable the two look atm. Shima seems to have at least shown some concern for Rin in the helicopter compared to Yukio, but I'm willing to accept that as his way of looking for a reaction from Yukio considering how ruthless he has been in the past (The Izumo abuse and Trapping Rin in the Zombie monster). I loved how Yukio cut off the conversation about the world peace as if he expected it, he didn't blame anyone for the current state of things but himself. Characters like that tend to be very difficult to change and I'm interested in how Rin is gonna go about saving him.

Also Bon is really a gentleman, huh? This guy is too good for all of this, you could see why Renzou confronted Lighting about manipulating him despite being  a manipulative shitbag himself. I wonder if this Yukio fiasco will force Shiemi to put her retirement (not sure if that's the word) on hold for now. She seems very attached to the twins and considering her "I couldn't help him, it's my fault" mentality, she will definitely not get a Paku-like treatment where she "leaves the rest" to Rin and co.

I think We will have few chapters on the exwires reactions+Mephistos decisions+ Lightning's plan and then head into Shiemi's arc.

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2018, 09:34:28 AM »

This aside, there's something else I don't understand. Tell me if I'm wrong. Okay, we got it the point is "You might die and I might die as well." but Yukio (in the Viz's translation), as I read it, doesn't talk about merely "dying" but specifically "getting killed" (by the Illuminati). So why to me it sounds like what he meant to say was: "The Illuminati might kill you and I might be killed (by them) as well." Why should Yukio think the Illuminati may want/try to kill Rin? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Offline tandem

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:25 AM »
I can't remember right now, but was it ever revealed/actually explained what was the profit the Illuminati were hoping to get by having Izumo/her mother successfully being possessed by the Nine Tails? To gain more data for the elixir experiments? Or they were kinda trying to test how a vessel (powered up by an elixir) would endure a possession by an high-level demon?
No. It wasn't very clear, but they said the nine tail was "material" for the elixir. What "material" means and how it's used to make elixir is still a mystery though.
Lucifer said Tamamo (presumably he means nine-tail) is for those chosen one.

I feel like Viz removed some details, like how Satan's deal was with Samael
I think it becomes "promise" at the end of Satan’s sentence in Viz's version. The Kanji is 約束

なってる (なっている if you don't speak in slang) is the verb "to become" conjugated in the ... ... ... action-currently-in-progress tense.
"This really is a blast!" *Rin's demon heart flames out of his chest* Viz, we need to have a talk about your puns.
And that’s not an accurate translation either. The raw is 面白くなってきた.

面白 = interesting, like Satan's comment on Shiemi, and なって I think is similar to chino's explanation above

So it’s more like "things become interesting".

"Gunnar"? I thought those guys were called Lund and Strom?
I check the raw, and that’s surely different than their names in nine-tail arc. I wonder if that’s a name of a group or something, or is he just not who we saw before? (I mean, perhaps for some reason there are more than two members with similar appearance …)

("...then I'll be stronger than my brother"?!?!? For fk sake, he's talking to Rin! Why the 3rd person dialogue choice?)
I think that’s the mistranslation of Yukio’s 兄さん. I hope it’s not like they finally decide that because it’s too trouble to transform 兄さん to Rin every time, so let’s just translate it to "my brother" every time ...

sound like... he ACTUALLY worries about Rin?
I felt he’s actually worrying about Rin when the raw is out. He can't anticipate this happened anyway.

how come he now gives two shets about how what happened is gonna affect the brothers' relationship?
He’s not talking about the brothers' relationship. It’s about you can't regret now = do you have the determination?

you JERK (I'm gonna quote Izumo (seriously, this poor girl got to use only this line in these last two chapters))!
So true = =

Yukio knows the Dominus Liminis? So is its existence common knowledge or something?
That’s interesting. Rereading the raw it seems like Shima actually spelled it wrong and he doesn't know its Kanji. But Yukio spelled it correctly and fully understands its Kanji.

-Apparently she has the rank Adeptus Major and the group she leads is called Phosphorus/Golden Star depending on whether you read the katakana or the kanji.
Phosphorus? You mean, as in Rin's meaning of his name? Is that a coincidence or there's something behind it?
I think that’s named after [morning star = Phosphorus]. If you delete の of the raw 金の星(golden star), then it becomes 金星 which exactly means Venus. Also you can find its connection to Lucifer in above wiki page. Not sure if it’s related to Rin since there isn’t the Kanji of Rin’s name

I'm getting confused here. "You are the world's hope for true peace." Why does it sound like Yukio could be a "vital" part in Lucifer's plan if he didn't even know about his eyes (or anything special about Yukio in general) up to a few months ago?
I always think he’s very important. Maybe not to the level of indispensable, but since it’s so important to follow Yukio’s own will, Lucifer surely doesn’t want him to be just some random soldier. Lucifer can have many objectives and some of them are formed after he confirmed Yukio’s state.

I hope so very much. She'll be stale if she remains just the 'supportive' character of Rin and Shiemi's character arcs. Like yeah, manufacturing a new plot line like what happened with Bon. Or maybe Katou won't have time for that... :(
I think that’s certainly the case, otherwise Kato won’t emphasize that again in this chapter. And if Bon and Koneko can’t make the decision to against him, then we only have Izumo left for this job.

Homare: "Do not upset the commander." Yukio: "Oh, no worries, I'm gonna try my best to upset him as much as possible... and more."

Makes me wonder how Lucifer will react to Yukio basically calling him and his ideals SHIT, and rudely demanding Lucifer gives him what he wants.

I kind of imagine he will just react in a way like he did when Yukio was all 'I don't need it!' *angry stubborn face* Like he'll just muse at his youthful spirit and actions or give leniency to entertain Yukio's 'rebellious phase' and 'coming of age'

On the other hand it seems like Lucifer should re-assert his authority and where he stands on the hierarchy. Otherwise Yukio could walk all over him and the organization like he owns the place.
That’s not a problem as long as everyone still listens to Lucifer’s command. It’s not like Yukio already object him in front of them. I think Lucifer will continue to say his plan as before. Whatever this world peace plan is, it’s likely combined with what Lucifer wants Yukio to do and what secret Lucifer plan to reveal to Yukio.

Could it be "I also might die"? Or it’s more weird for native English speaker? Honestly I didn't know there’s the difference with the position of the "too".

If I remember correctly and if we're even more literal, he says "Shima-kun, quick, take me and go!".

Similarly I didn't know "take me" has … that implication in English. Looks like we should be more careful to use this phrase …

Yukio (in the Viz's translation), as I read it, doesn't talk about merely "dying" but specifically "getting killed" (by the Illuminati).
That's Viz overtranslation. In the raw the subjective is " I " and the verb is "die" instead of "kill". Reasonably he doesn't mean the Illuminati might kill Rin but should be more like referring Rin's current state.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:27:21 PM by tandem »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »

This aside, there's something else I don't understand. Tell me if I'm wrong. Okay, we got it the point is "You might die and I might die as well." but Yukio (in the Viz's translation), as I read it, doesn't talk about merely "dying" but specifically "getting killed" (by the Illuminati). So why to me it sounds like what he meant to say was: "The Illuminati might kill you and I might be killed (by them) as well." Why should Yukio think the Illuminati may want/try to kill Rin? Sorry if it's a stupid question.
Like I said above (in bold), he didn't say "kill" he said "die" and he didn't mention the Illuminati. As far as I can remember. Wait, let me check, even though my internet is low as hell.

Yeah, he says, 僕も死ぬかもな (i.e. 僕も死ぬかもしれないね).

"This really is a blast!" *Rin's demon heart flames out of his chest* Viz, we need to have a talk about your puns.
And that’s not an accurate translation either. The raw is 面白くなってきた.

面白 = interesting, like Satan's comment on Shiemi, and なって I think is similar to chino's explanation above

So it’s more like "things become interesting".
[VERB]ってきた and [VERB]っていく are used to point out the evolution of a situation.

くる means "to come"
きた (or きました) is the past tense of くる.

いく means "to go".
いく is the infinitive, present or future tense. In this case it's future.

[VERB]ってきた means "came to [VERB]".
It means the situation evolved to that point.
It's used to evaluate or analyze past events compared with the present.

[VERB]っていく means "is going to [VERB]".
It means the situation looks like it will evolve to that point.
It's used to make predictions of future events compared with the present.

なる means "to become"
なって is what is called the "-tte form" or the "-te form". It's used to connect verbs to other things. Here it's to connect it to another verb.

なってきた means "it came to become" or "it has become" since the previous one sounds awkward in English.

なっていく means "it is going to become".

面白くなってきた , like you said, means "things have become interesting" or "it has become interesting".

Could it be "I also might die"? Or it’s more weird for native English speaker?
"Also" can affect words anywhere in the sentence. It's not awkward to say "I also might die" or "I might die also". But you can't really tell if it means the listener might also die or if dying is one of many things that can happen to you.

note: "Also, I might die" clearly means dying is one of many things that can happen to you.

Honestly I didn't know there’s the difference with the position of the "too".
"Too" can only affect a word that's before it in the sentence. Often it's right before it, but not always.

"I saw you eat the cake."
"I too saw you eat the cake. (other people saw you)
"I saw you too eat the cake. (other people ate parts of the cake) [sounds somewhat awkward for some reason]
"I saw you eat the cake too. (you also ate other things) ... or (other people ate parts of the cake) [doesn't sound awkward even though it makes less sense to put it there]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:26:43 PM by chinonamida »

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »
^ Man, I sooo love english language.

Dammit, Viz. Like it wasn't hard enough to decrypt this plot already, ya had to make it even more confusing. Thank God we have you guys/gals which can help us with Japanese.

I didn't notice, but this chapter was shorter than usual. 27 pages.

About Izumo, she also had a connection with the Illuminati before. Maybe this could come into play again.

I had another thought about this chapter. Yukio said that Rin being kind it's his limit. Isnt't this a contradiction? For the whole plot Kato-sama made it look like what or what mainly Yukio believed he was lacking compared to Rin was his -innate- kindness. Like, you know, chapter 29. So I assumed Yukio considered Rin's kindness the "source" of his strength or something like that and that's why he felt frustrated/envied Rin. Even up to chapter 96, when Yukio said he considers Rin the perfect one. That's what I believe Yukio meant, that he was referring to Rin's innate kindness and not only/strictly to his power. So isn't it weird Yukio now, all of a sudden, defined Rin's kindness his limit? Even Shima said that Rin's "love" is his weakness but also his strength. So, I don't know, but this line sounds a bit off to me. Or was Yukio just trying to provoke Rin? But what for?

Also, my question is, is Shima aware that he's collaborating with someone who plans to annihilate the world (guess so)? So is he okay with this? Or did Lucifer promise him he will spare his friends?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:06:14 PM by Cloelia »

Offline spicychickendeluxe

• Page
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2018, 08:12:57 PM »
^ Man, I sooo love english language.

Dammit, Viz. Like it wasn't hard enough to decrypt this plot already, ya had to make it even more confusing. Thank God we have you guys/gals which can help us with Japanese.

I didn't notice, but this chapter was shorter than usual. 25 pages.

About Izumo, she also had a connection with the Illuminati before. Maybe this could come into play again.

I had another thought about this chapter. Yukio said that Rin being kind it's his limit. Isnt't this a contradiction? For the whole plot Kato-sama made it look like what or what mainly Yukio believed he was lacking compared to Rin was his -innate- kindness. Like, you know, chapter 29. So I assumed Yukio considered Rin's kindness the "source" of his strength or something like that and that's why he felt frustrated/envied Rin. Even up to chapter 96, when Yukio said he considers Rin the perfect one. That's what I believe Yukio meant, that he was referring to Rin's innate kindness and not only/strictly to his power. So isn't it weird Yukio now, all of a sudden, defined Rin's kindness his limit? Even Shima said that Rin's "love" is his weakness but also his strength. So, I don't know, but this line sounds a bit off to me. Or was Yukio just trying to provoke Rin? But what for?

Also, my question is, is Shima aware that he's collaborating with someone who plans to annihilate the world (guess so)? So is he okay with this? Or did Lucifer promise him he will spare his friends?

I had the same thoughts about the "this is your limit" comment from Yukio. I don't know I am kind of confused by why he said that. I was thinking maybe he brought it up because while it is Rin's strength, it is also his weakness. Maybe later Yukio will use this to his advantage maybe if he wants to be stronger than Rin? But then again that doesn't make sense to me because I thought a big reason why Rin is so strong in Yukios eyes is his kindness. So why would Yukio want to do that? I don't know it really confuses me.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »
"Gunnar"? I thought those guys were called Lund and Strom?

On second thought, and I know it's unlikely, but what if that's the surname? Well, I know they look like twins (Lund and Strom) so I guess they actually are, so they should share the same surname, so calling one of them by their surname could be confusing. But, since one of them was already set to follow Homare, I think it should be logic the Gunnar (if that's the surname) she was referring to was the other.

Offline tandem

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2018, 04:16:53 PM »
Yukio said that Rin being kind it's his limit. Isnt't this a contradiction? For the whole plot Kato-sama made it look like what or what mainly Yukio believed he was lacking compared to Rin was his -innate- kindness. Like, you know, chapter 29. So I assumed Yukio considered Rin's kindness the "source" of his strength or something like that and that's why he felt frustrated/envied Rin. Even up to chapter 96, when Yukio said he considers Rin the perfect one. That's what I believe Yukio meant, that he was referring to Rin's innate kindness and not only/strictly to his power. So isn't it weird Yukio now, all of a sudden, defined Rin's kindness his limit? Even Shima said that Rin's "love" is his weakness but also his strength.
I had the same thoughts about the "this is your limit" comment from Yukio. I don't know I am kind of confused by why he said that. I was thinking maybe he brought it up because while it is Rin's strength, it is also his weakness. Maybe later Yukio will use this to his advantage maybe if he wants to be stronger than Rin? But then again that doesn't make sense to me because I thought a big reason why Rin is so strong in Yukios eyes is his kindness.
I don't think kindness is both strength and weakness at the same time. It's more like, kindness is strength in some situation but weakness in other situation. In chapter 56 what Shima means (and what Lucifer gets) is definitely more about weakness, or at least something like "Although Rin's kindness is his strength most of the time, it becomes weakness when he has to fight us (human members of Illuminati)".

In my opinion, one of the reason why Yukio considers it's Rin's limit is, if Rin has less kindness and he attacked Yukio more violently or continued the berserk state longer, he can kill Yukio. So Yukio is disappointed because he lose a chance to successfully die

is Shima aware that he's collaborating with someone who plans to annihilate the world (guess so)?
We don't know Lucifer's plan yet. We don't know what it would be when two worlds merge.

is he okay with this? Or did Lucifer promise him he will spare his friends?
The same thing can be said to Toudou or all Illuminat human members. Not necessarily any promise, but you can think about it this way : the closer you get to Lucifer and/or the more trust he has on you, the more chance and resource you can survive with after Lucifer wins

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2018, 07:35:14 PM »
is Shima aware that he's collaborating with someone who plans to annihilate the world (guess so)?
We don't know Lucifer's plan yet. We don't know what it would be when two worlds merge.

I know it's not that clear, but since I doubt Lucifer's willing to create a world without a single form of life, I guess what the Illuminati code means is "a single world with neither human or demon but 'creatures' who are both." And I think, since the demon eaters are technically beings which are both things, maybe Lucifer is planning to make them the inhabitants of that world. That's why they're also called the chosen ones?