Author Topic: Chapter 49 discussion  (Read 55975 times)

Offline themoonlandian

• Intermediate First Class
  • I'm a tree
Re: Chapter 49 (RAW) discussion - SPOILERS!
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2013, 11:00:39 PM »
Yeah. Unless for some reason that slice ended up going missing ._.
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline weazulgrl

• Maniacal Mustelid
  • Exwire
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »
it's most likely Shueisha/Jump Square couldn't be buggered to send the full spread yet for some reason and Viz only had the okay to do certain types of editing (licensing contracts can limit stuff like how much and what kind of editing to text and graphics can be done) and did the best they could given the limits they had.
weazulgrl.tumblr.com
kageitachi.deviantart.com
weasyl.com/profile/weazul
Mugetsu Ookamiza on Gaia Online

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2013, 12:37:15 AM »
I just want to ask one thing before I throw a really wild theory.

When chaotickairos first translated the chapter he wrote:

Lucifer: Why must we continue to exist, burdened by karma and suffering? This world is not as strong as you. It is filled with the weak.

Then,  chinonamida  translated:

Luficer: why is it, we must maintain this state of existence while shouldering such responsibilities and pain. in this world, there is not only beings as powerful as you. there is many weak beings also.

Then Viz went along the lines of Chino.

So, I wanted to ask, is there any reason why Chaotic chose "karma" and Chino chose "responsibilities"? Something to do with he kanji and the furigana may be?

Offline chaotickairos

• Exwire
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2013, 01:16:45 AM »
I just want to ask one thing before I throw a really wild theory.

When chaotickairos first translated the chapter he wrote:

Lucifer: Why must we continue to exist, burdened by karma and suffering? This world is not as strong as you. It is filled with the weak.

Then,  chinonamida  translated:

Luficer: why is it, we must maintain this state of existence while shouldering such responsibilities and pain. in this world, there is not only beings as powerful as you. there is many weak beings also.

Then Viz went along the lines of Chino.

So, I wanted to ask, is there any reason why Chaotic chose "karma" and Chino chose "responsibilities"? Something to do with he kanji and the furigana may be?

Hi there! First of all, I am a girl, just so you know.
With that translation, the raws used this kanji, цен, gou. According to the dictionary we used, it was translated as karma. At first, I thought we might have mistranslated, (My sister translated this page, so I was unsure.) but I checked as many online kanji dictionaries, and they all gave me the reading karma. It probably has to do with word choice and what sounds better, but I'll concede to the other versions, as they probably know more about what they're doing than we do.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2013, 01:47:24 AM »
Thanks

Ok, then to the crack theories section I shall go.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2013, 09:56:42 PM »
So, Chino went translate for S2?

I have been wondering about Paku, and since none here commented on it, I'm gonna do it.

She knows about Izumo's objective.

And, going back to chapter 2, we don't really see her rise her hand to indicate she had never received mashou:

but she did seem able to see the goblins when they broke into the classroom.

So, I wonder if she knows why the Illuminati were chasing after Izumo and if she will join the group on her rescue or maybe the Vatican/Mephisto will want to interrogate her?

Offline sand dragon

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »
You've got a point...
Dunno why, I always thought Paku got her mashou by the goblins
But I don't think she has an ability or something, or she wouldn't quite cram school.
Maby Isumo's demon/half demon realitive from her flashback gave Paku her mashou?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »
^^ Interrogation would make sense.

Joining the group, not so much. She'd be a burden. The exwires are already laughably weak as it is, adding a former student who dropped out after a few weeks would only make things worse. I really hope they won't go that route.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2013, 10:59:04 PM »
It actually wouldn't surprise me if Paku turned out to have some "history" and "abilities", I mean:

- Hooded dude who never did anything and played video games: Shra (upper first class exorcist, Vatican inspector, allowed to go on a mission with the Angelic Legion, entruste dwith finding the Illuminati spy).

- Weird guy who speaks with a puppet and is mean to everyone: Takara (second year student, son of the owner f a large company, upper first class exorcist hired from a third party to monitor the students).

You might argue that she fell easily by the ghoul but checking the scene, it's not like she had time to do anything, the poison got her before she could even see the thing over her:

(click to show/hide)

There is also her conversation with Izumo, she says she doesn't understand the classes and that she wouldn't be able to fight for her own life:

and when Izumo suggests that it will be her to protect Paku, Paku says it wouldn't make sense:

I always assumed she meant it in the sense that she would be just a drag, but what if she meant that it should be the other way around? her protecting Izumo?

Interrogation seems more plausible and I will be happy with whatever gives us some info on Izumo and Tsukumo (where is she by the way?).

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2013, 11:37:39 PM »
^ I believe the official translation says something along the lines of "No, that wouldn't be right" (which could mean either "It wouldn't be right if you spent all your time babysitting me" or "It wouldn't be right if I passed my exams with your help"). So I don't believe she's stronger.

Besides, it would be getting REALLY old if every single weak student in the class turned out to be some secret badass fighter. They already pulled that stunt 3 times in a class of 9 (4 times if we count Yukio becoming a full-blown exorcist out of nowhere, 5 times if we count Izumo suddenly being super-duper important). Please stop, before it gets totally ridiculous. -_-

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »
Well, I was thinking something more along the lines of her not being stronger being the problem. Like she has the duty of looking after Izumo/is aware of Izumo's problems and committed to protecting her but she stumbles upon the fact she is not really good with Cram School.

Then again, Rin also gets terribly bad marks at Cram School but has a lot of raw power.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2013, 01:33:05 AM »
So, Chino went translate for S2?
I'll translate future chapters.
but for 48 and 49 I just gave them what I did and asked them to manage with it. sorry I'm lazy.

Besides, it would be getting REALLY old if every single . They already pulled that stunt 3 times in a class of 9 (4 times if we count Yukio becoming a full-blown exorcist out of nowhere, 5 times if we count Izumo suddenly being super-duper important). Please stop, before it gets totally ridiculous. -_-
by 3 do you mean rin, shura and takara or shura, takara and renzou?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2013, 01:48:32 AM »
^ Shura, Takara and Renzou. Rin was strong from the beginning, so that's not really a surprise reveal.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2013, 02:16:41 AM »
^it depends from which perspective. for the other students it came out of nowhere.

think about ryuuji. he was the best student of the class before rin, shura, takara and renzou turned out to be some secret badasses.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2013, 02:28:05 AM »
^ True. And now only Koneko and Shiemi are below him.

Poor guy. ;D