Author Topic: Characters that remind you of Blue Exorcist  (Read 46802 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: Characters that remind you of Blue Exorcist
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2015, 10:53:53 PM »
So I just read the newest volume of Bleach, in which the strong but impulsive and slightly dense sworld-wielding hero found out that his smart four-eyed long-distance fighting loner friend has joined the enemy, and swore that he would punch him and bring him back.

Yeah, sound familiar to anyone? I really hope Kazue will take another direction with Yukio now. Especially since we already had the 'He must have his reasons! We will talk to him and bring him back!' subplot with Shima.

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2016, 05:40:25 AM »
Aren't the brother issues of Ritsu and Shigeo from Mob Psycho 100 somewhat similar to Yukio and Rin's?

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »
Call me crazy, but after reading and watching "Tokyo Ghoul" I was reminded of Yukio and Todo in Kaneki and Rizes interactions...

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2016, 12:44:43 AM »
The more I play Tales of Symphonia, the more I'm reminded of the Exwire cast. Lloyd has the same goofy personality as Rin, is kind to everyone he meets, and is ridiculously protective of his friends, especially Colette. Colette reminds me of Shiemi to the T, even though she isn't nearly as shy as her.

But the main characters that I think are alike are Zelos and Shima. Both like girls, even though you wonder if it's all an act, and both are agents. The slight difference in Zelos is that he was a triple agent that played all three sides (Cruxis, Renegades, and Lloyd's Group) in order to side with the strongest. I think the ToS group would really get along with the AnE cast.

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
  • Not gonna be very active anymore <3
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2016, 08:33:42 PM »
Aren't the brother issues of Ritsu and Shigeo from Mob Psycho 100 somewhat similar to Yukio and Rin's?
i thoughts so too but spoilers, they'll resolve ritsu's issues much faster. but he keeps the brother-complex trigger (like anime yukio).
although i don't think of mob is really like rin. it's just the situation.
Saying Toudou's name summons me

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2016, 02:00:37 AM »
Call me crazy, but after reading and watching "Tokyo Ghoul" I was reminded of Yukio and Todo in Kaneki and Rizes interactions...

Kaneki makes Yukio look positively emotionally healthy. I mean, Kaneki has sobbing literature-quoting breakdowns every 15-30 chapters.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2016, 04:32:50 AM »
i thoughts so too but spoilers, they'll resolve ritsu's issues much faster. but he keeps the brother-complex trigger (like anime yukio).
I haven't read it, only watched it, so I don't know what happens past episode 6.
But I read the original version of One Punch Man and watched the anime, so I can corroborate, ONE's not the type to make things drag on. XD
Yeah, Shigeo isn't like Rin. He isn't much like anyone. Maybe a little like Saitama.

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2016, 01:25:48 AM »

Kaneki makes Yukio look positively emotionally healthy. I mean, Kaneki has sobbing literature-quoting breakdowns every 15-30 chapters.

Heh! Yeah, Yukios life has been a freaking picnic compared to Kanekis, though I thought it similar how their fear of their dark sides takes the manifestation of Todo and Rize.

Kaneki - I had a great mom! She was wonderful!
Rize - Yeah, but didn't mummy dearest overwork herself to death to provide for her mooch of a sister, so she was less able to provide for you? And didn't she instil in you that toxic martyr complex which is the cause of all your problems?
Kaneki - Gah! You're right! She should have put me and herself first! I don't wanna be like her anymore! *Goes full ghoul mode*

I wonder if a scene like this may happen in future chapters of"Blue Exorcist"...

Yukio - I really loved Dad! He was great!
Todo - Yeah, but didn't daddy dearest put you through the hell of strict exorcist training to make you just like him, and so you could protect your brother? While Rin got a normal, carefree childhood? Isn't that the cause of all your problems?
Yukio - Gah! You're right! He shouldn't have let me think he favoured Rin and just raised me as a weapon for protecting him! *Goes full demon mode*

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
  • Not gonna be very active anymore <3
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2016, 03:19:44 AM »
I haven't read it, only watched it, so I don't know what happens past episode 6.
But I read the original version of One Punch Man and watched the anime, so I can corroborate, ONE's not the type to make things drag on. XD
Yeah, Shigeo isn't like Rin. He isn't much like anyone. Maybe a little like Saitama.
I haven't read opm yet but I think that Saitama and Shigeo have a similar feeling. They seem burdened by their strength so they need a different kind of dilemma. Mob often wonders about the ramifications of his actions. He's surprisingly philosophical for a middle school student but it's charming.
As much as I like Yukio's story dragging on, once I read Ritsu's arc it was refreshingly short. One's writing has other flaws but it feels so good to have such short arcs that are wrapped up but don't totally ignore the previous events. Also reappearing characters. He introduces a lot of characters that I never expected to reappear so quickly, or ever. Although there are a lot and I keep forgetting the supporting cast.
Definitely recommend though. It's not "haha" funny but it's just interesting.

And I am indeed a huge sucker for Ritsu.
Saying Toudou's name summons me

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2016, 03:16:50 AM »
Quote from: justicecadet
And I am indeed a huge sucker for Ritsu.

Surprisingly, as much as Ritsu's and Yukio's dynamics are really similar, I love Yukio but I hate Ritsu. I don't know why but he ticks me off. I'm all for the emo-kid-brother-complex trope, but Ritsu...just feels like an unnecessary addition? Where Yukio's gaining demon powers is unique (in the way and type of his powers) and contributes to the plot and development of Rin, Ritsu's just feel like a tack on. Like a kid who cried for powers and then just got them suddenly, and they're the same as Mob's too (though not as powerful). And don't get my started on Shou! Least favourite character!

I'm a sucker for Reigen and Mob, myself (and Teru isn't half bad either). I used to love Dimple...until I took broccoli to the knee.

Offline soyunapatata22

• Page
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2016, 06:31:55 PM »
Linebeck from TLoZ looks like a more haggard version of mephisto to me :p
i mean
LOOK at them

They're clearly long lost brothers(?)
(did i say it right? english is not my first language so...)

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2018, 06:04:34 AM »
Not the greatest anime but, from Wolf's Rain, I just realized that
(click to show/hide)
are similar.

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
  • Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2018, 11:08:16 PM »
NORAGAMI VS AO NO EXORCIST

(click to show/hide)

Kazuma and Yato as Yukio and Rin in the open bath by some creepy granny.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Kofuku as Yumi Shima.

(click to show/hide)

Bishamon as Shura (lol Angel's hairXD) +

(click to show/hide)

Bishamon x Kazuma OMG my ship is sailing in another anime!XD

(click to show/hide)

Touma as Izumo.

(click to show/hide)

Daikoku as Suguro +

(click to show/hide)

Deam Yato and Daikoku also have a similar relationship to Rin and Suguro!

(click to show/hide)

Yukine as Takara maybe?

(click to show/hide)

Hiyori as Shiemi +

(click to show/hide)

Aww Hiyori wearing kimono she's so cute! ^^~

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Aiha as Chelsea.

They don't look alike but Tenjin is the God of knowledge and Mephisto is the Master of time.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Tenjin looks more like Shiro tho...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Those two just because of the eyepatch!XD

(click to show/hide)

Kugaha as Toudou, OK OK I know they don't look alike at all but they're crazy villains +

(click to show/hide)

There's lots of interacting between him and Kazuma just like with Toudou and Yukio.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Manabu Ogiwara as Godain cuz he's more of a minor character (isn't so important but still nice to have around) and a good friend. He's afraid of ghost and evil spirits (demons).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:38:16 PM by Kannra21 »
"Win a place for yourself in this world."- Shura Kirigakure

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2018, 01:02:54 AM »

Kugaha as Toudou, OK OK I know they don't look alike at all but they're crazy villains +

There's lots of interacting between him and Kazuma just like with Toudou and Yukio.

Wait, really? I've never read Noragami, but I absolutely love Toudou and Yukio dynamics, and would love to read similar elsewhere.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
  • Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2018, 01:42:10 AM »
I don't remember much since I watched it a long time ago but I do remember that Kugaha was a sick manipulator who wanted to take advantage of Bishamon. He played a nice doctor (lol just like Toudou) to make sure everyone thinks of him that he's not guilty for all the mess that happened in their mansion. He wanted to kill Bishamon, she would reincarnate and he would become her right hand and earn power over everything. Kazuma noticed it and wanted to stop him together with other major characters. It's interesting.This actually happened in 2nd season, it's called Noragami Aragoto (it's technically the same as Ao no Exorcist. You have those evil spirits called ayakashi, the main character is half human-half ayakashi, her friend is super poor God and his partner is a holy spirit called Regalia). I think Noragami is a cheap copy of Ao no Exorcist. Ao no Exorcist is so much better!^^
"Win a place for yourself in this world."- Shura Kirigakure