Poll

How do you think Gehenna functions?

Divided in several cities/kingdoms under the goverment of a king who answers to Satan.
23 (33.8%)
Demons just lurk around unless Satan or another Demon King orders them to do something.
24 (35.3%)
It's just a dark awful place none wants to be at, that's why demon posses humans, they want to get the Hell out of there.
17 (25%)
Other (please comment).
4 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Gehenna and the Demon Kings  (Read 95814 times)

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
Re: Gehenna and the Demon Kings
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2015, 05:37:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure Rin is the first, that's why his existence is such a big deal.

I think his existence is a big deal is because he inherited Satan's blue flames. It is possible there were Satan's halfbreed spawns that did not inherit the blue flames or atleast lived as long as Rin dead. I find it unlikely that people in older times didnt straight away abandon or had babies covered in blue flames killed. Rin on the other hand lived quite long to be able to properly use them.

Wow that is a good point   :oo
That's actually fairly logical thinking in terms of if the child was born with Satan's flames that they would be killed in old times!
Hell even Rin was almost killed when he was discovered but thats a story we all know~

My thought was that all previous Satan spawn died immediately because the blue flames would destroy the host rapidly.

I think the only reason Rin survived is Koumaken. By transferring Rin's demon heart to the blade and sealing it, Rin's body was able to mature and handle the flames.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline MisaMaru

• Why must art be so hard???
  • Page
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2015, 05:47:34 AM »
Oh hi Earthforge  ;D

And both thoughts on the matter make a lot of sense. Also if that's correct it could round back to lightning being a king/Satanic half breed he just didn't get the flames so he was never discovered by the order and thus why Rin is such a big deal~
Hopefully I'm not sounding biased since I'm not trying to be I'm just stating my ideas on the matter like all of us here~

TT v TT

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2015, 09:43:53 AM »
It's even possible that he was discovered and they just didn't care. Nobody seems to care about Yukio.

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »
Based on Chapter 86 info, it's time to reorder the 8 demon kings. What we knew was

1.Lucifer, King of Light
2.Samael, King of Time
7.Amaimon, King of Earth

?.Astaroth, King of Rot
?.Egyn, King of Water
?.Azazel, King of Spirit/Air
?.Beelzebub, King of Insect
?.Iblis, King of Fire

Although we don't really confirm any new info about the rank/personality/gender of the " ? " kings in Chapter 86, we can make wild guess based on some indirect info:
(click to show/hide)

My final list (the +/- stands for pro/anti-human):

-Lucifer, King of Light
+Samael, King of Time
+Azazel, King of Spirit/Air
+Iblis, King of Fire
-Astaroth, King of Rot
-Egyn, King of Water
+Amaimon, King of Earth
-Beelzebub, King of Insect

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »
So I guess the 3rd option of the poll was the right one:

It's just a dark awful place none wants to be at, that's why demon posses humans, they want to get the Hell out of there.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »
I locked the poll since we know the answer.

I gotta say, that description was pretty spot-on.

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2017, 11:37:27 PM »
Does anyone have the manga extra of the Gehenna Hierarchy? I think that'd be pretty useful for this thread

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2017, 03:25:11 AM »
Does anyone have the manga extra of the Gehenna Hierarchy? I think that'd be pretty useful for this thread
I added it on the first post.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2017, 04:11:32 PM »
I was taking a look at this panel and decided that I wanted to try and play the guess-who's-who game.

Sitting at this table are supposed to be the eight Demon Kings.

Here's who I think they are:

And here're my considerations:

First of all, we see that 3 of the Baal are sitting on each side of the table (Mephisto and Lucifer are sitting in front of each other). We do know that there's a Anti-human faction and a Pro-human faction in which they are divided. We do know that:

(thanks to facets-and-rainbows for these charts)

Anti-human (Lucifer) faction:

Lucifer (has a body)
    Iblis (has a body)
    Egyn (has a body)
    Astaroth (has a body)

Pro-human (Samael) faction:

Shemihaza (crystallized)
    Armumahel (crystallized)
    Samael (has a body)
    Azazel (crystallized)

Neutral:

Amaimon (has a body)
    Beelzebub (has a body)

Plus, we know the they're ranked like this in the Gehenna Power Structure:

Lucifer, King of Light
Samael, King of Time
Azazel, King of Air (or “spirit”)
Iblis, King of Fire
Egyn, King of Water
Astaroth, King of Rot
Amaimon, King of Earth
Beelzebub, King of Insects

So here's my guess:

1 - Astaroth: in the above pic is the only Baal that apparentely doesn't have a peculiar hairstyle but back when he possessed Reiji Shiratori at the beginning of the manga, he's shown to have horns so prolly we just can't see em well in this picture. Sure, none of the other Baal seems to have horns. So I guess this is him.

2 - Egyn: King of Water. I don't have a real reason for this, just going for exclusion.

3 - Iblis: the only Baal wearing a hood. Why this? It may be wearing a hood because it needs to cover his body? Maybe cause it's deteriorating? If that's the case, I think it may be Iblis for a couple stupid reasons. First, I do believe that the higher the Baal's rank, the faster their body deteriorates. I think this would explain why Lucifer's body's the fastest to deteriorate (being him the first). Mephisto is the second Baal but, as Lucifer states, he can prolong his life through his power of time. Azazel is the third and he's already crystallized (and he didn't look for a new body ever since). Next is Iblis. Which is the King of Fire. So, my second reason, is that -prolly- being the King of Fire may consume his body in quite a heavy way. But, that's stupid, I know.

4 - Azazel: now, I know that isn't exactly Azazel as it's a female Nephilim (as we're shown a couple pages later after those panel (and for all we know, prolly is Shemihaza)) but she may be there to represent Azazel.

5 - Beelzebub: well, the King of Insects. It sure got something over his head looking like a couple antennas (not exactly but, hey, I'm going for exclusion again).

6 - Amaimon: and last, which we know it's Amaimon. Now, his body is deteriorated too so this should refute my previous statement. But he's the 7th Baal so I think his body may be predisposed to deterioration because he's "weak" in rank? Or maybe he just reached his limit around the time this "meeting" was held but his body lasted a long time before that (unlike Lucifer's 10 years)?

I may also be wrong about Iblis/Astaroth. If I got em reverse, anyway, looking at the following panels, Iblis should be a female Baal (I think I spotted some breasts). Now that would be interesting... hehe. So, I don't know...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:14:46 PM by Cloelia »

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2017, 04:49:06 PM »
1 - Astaroth: in the above pic is the only Baal that apparentely doesn't have a peculiar hairstyle but back when he possessed Reiji Shiratori at the beginning of the manga, he's shown to have horns so prolly we just can't see em well in this picture. Sure, none of the other Baal seems to have horns. So I guess this is him.

We never saw Astaroth in the manga. That was an invention of the anime makers.

Offline Gem-Bug

• Bug Conjurer
  • Exwire
« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2017, 06:26:52 PM »
I think this one is Astaroth, since the hair matches the Impure Baron's head-thingy! :D

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #237 on: May 20, 2017, 06:46:56 PM »
^ Ooh, good catch Gem-Bug! That does make sense.

I'm pretty certain the nephilim who opposes Lucy's cosmic temper tantrum is either related to Shemihaza or Armumahel, since Azazel's nephilim bloodline died out long ago. Chino suggested that maybe Shemihaza's nephilim was Shiemi's grandma given her hairstyle.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #238 on: May 20, 2017, 10:14:14 PM »

That's right, what I meant is that when Astaroth possessed Shiratori, I assumed he (Shiratori) somehow took on the Baal traits so the horns he grew over his head could've been a trait of the "original" Astaroth. Not sure how to explain this, but in the manga Shiratori is shown to grow the horns too when he's possessed (along with the typical demon traits such as tail, ears and teeth). Anyway, I think Gem-bug may be right about that interpretation too (I didn't consider that).

Offline Gem-Bug

• Bug Conjurer
  • Exwire
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2017, 02:31:36 AM »

That's right, what I meant is that when Astaroth possessed Shiratori, I assumed he (Shiratori) somehow took on the Baal traits so the horns he grew over his head could've been a trait of the "original" Astaroth. Not sure how to explain this, but in the manga Shiratori is shown to grow the horns too when he's possessed (along with the typical demon traits such as tail, ears and teeth). Anyway, I think Gem-bug may be right about that interpretation too (I didn't consider that).

And remember that the first demon Todou was shown possessing gave him horns and a tail, too. There seem to be a few that possess humans, giving them such appearances, without being one of the Baal. They might not even be high level, since Todou complained about how old he was getting despite that.