Author Topic: Battle Arena  (Read 26759 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: Battle Arena
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 05:40:31 AM »
^ I agree that the odds are in his favour. If Rin is either in his normal form or in berserk mode, he's toast.

However, if Rin manages to keep a clear head while using his powers, he should at least be able to put up a good defence. Surrounding himself in blue flames would make him all but inapproachable, and I'm pretty sure Rin would be fast enough to evade Angel's long-range attacks if he can see them coming. So then it becomes a matter of who can get to the other first: Angel breaking through Rin's defence, or Rin succeeding to get his hands (or flames) on Angel. If Rin can extend his flames further than Angel had anticipated, he can surprise him and win the fight; if not, it will become a cat-and-mouse game, and then Rin is at the disadvantage again since his attention span isn't up to par (even though his stamina can probably outlast Angel's).

Offline Blightstrider

• Angelic Legion
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 05:47:27 AM »
In the end it's going to come down to experience and skill (especially swordplay), which is still rather one-sided. Either way, we really can't talk in-depth about this since we have not seen the extent of Arthur's abilities, but knowing a paladin, it's going to be rather large.

Although I do believe we have covered this match-up as far as we possibly can. Perhaps onto a different duel?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
^ Feel free to suggest one.

It's gonna be boring if I'm the only one opening new matches.

Offline Blightstrider

• Angelic Legion
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »
Well then, we need characters who we have a "small" idea of their strength, yet who have not actually fought each other. Yet still not stupidly one sided, so there goes Rin vs Yukio.

How about, our glorious paladin (the living one) versus Amaimon? Two big fish.

See, now environmental conditions are important!

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »
^ You should put the names in bold and give us some conditions.

Unless you wish to discuss all possibilities. But depending on Amaimon's power, it's possible that the setting doesn't really matter since making the ground collapse will work almost everywhere.

Offline Blightstrider

• Angelic Legion
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »
Right then.

Arthur Auguste Angel, the "Paladin of the True Cross Order"
VERSUS
 Amaimon, the "Earth King of Gehenna."

The setting is... well, since people were pointing out how nice it is... Yemen; Assiah. The sandy plains kind.

Interesting matching, in my opinion (and the only one I could think of). Amaimon is clearly ahead in raw power and age, whilst also falling prey to a flux of hotheadedness and the limits of his hosts' body.

Arthur is his generally awesome self, all pros and cons accounted for. Caliburn too.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:17:50 PM by Blightstrider »

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
That's a tough one. I'm not sure who'd win.
Amaimon's a king and all but to what extend can he use his powers in a desert?
Right now I'm leaning towards Arthur, but only because Amaimon can't use his full power while in Assiah.

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 09:59:37 PM »
I say it's a tie. Arthur might need support from other exorcists to beat Amaimon. Amaimon should be very careful to one-hit-KO Angel before his host body breaks up.

Offline Jarield

• Exwire
  • Yukio is LE SEX!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 04:30:04 PM »
It's Amaimon bish!!!! Arthur who?... And I am not trolling this time...

My thoughts exactly - up till the latest chapter and Urahara. It reminds me of when I used to hate Chuck Norris, watching him in anything made me furious for no reason. And then the Chuck Norris jokes started and my hatred vanished. That's how Urahara works with Arthur - he's an antidote. Now I can kinda see the better side of Arthur.
I'd probably have a change of heart with him,who knows...But right now,I could not see any antidote of my hatorage to this pathetic character...There are just so many things I don't like about him...I could list and on and on but I'ma bit lazy... And I find him a character that is so irrelevant that he is not really worth writing about so I'll leave him be...

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 02:04:24 AM »
I'm actually leaning towards Angel with this one.

Mainly because of the setting. Those plains give Angel a good opportunity to use long range attacks, while at the same time hampering Amaimon's ability to cause earthquakes. If the setting were a forest, I'd go for Amaimon, because I believe such a big sword had never be handy when you have to swing it between trees (plus Amaimon probably has a connection with the demons there, being the King of Earth and all).

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 11:40:04 PM »
Alright, let's try another one. :)

Duel 4: Kuro vs Yukio.
Kuro can transform, Yukio has his usual guns and stuff. The setting is the school.

Who do you think will win?

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 07:32:52 AM »
I'm guessing Yukio, but since he's a long-range fighter (and Kuro's close-range) I think it all comes down to how much damage Yukio can deal before Kuro gets near him.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 08:20:58 PM »
^ Isn't Kuro rather resistant though? They were shooting at his transformed form with holy water, holy bullets and anesthetics, but all it did was slow him down.

I think that in an open field, Kuro would wipe the floor with Yukio. That's why I set them in a school, so Yukio has some chances for cover. If his guns aren't effective though, he's gonna need to be really inventive to get the upper hand (maybe his Tamer skills could come in handy here? Though I don't think Kuro will be very impressed with water ghosts).

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »
^ You have a point there.
Kuro isn't that smart, is he? I mean, he's seems more like Rin who just charges right into the battlefield, while Yukio takes his time thinking about things. Wouldn't Yukio be more likely to come up with solutions to take Kuro down?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 09:49:22 PM »
^ True, Kuro isn't smart. But this would be like trying to take down an elephant with an air gun and pepperspray while he's chasing after you. You know you should probably outsmart him somehow, but...