Author Topic: Chapter 92 RAW  (Read 12189 times)

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
Re: Chapter 92 RAW
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2017, 10:16:52 AM »
Mmm, I have a feeling (directly inspired by my fanfic). I highly doubt that if Suguro is actually going to talk to Rin about Yukio he's planning to mention the gun incident. I think Suguro does want to warn Rin about Yukio's behaviour, but going through an other path. Like, he could just randomly ask Rin "Did you ever want to know about your birth?" and use this question as a mean to try to understand why Yukio wanted so bad to know about it in the first place. If Yukio wants to know that much, Suguro would wonder if Rin does as well. But this question will only bring Rin to remember the confrontation the twins had that night. So he'll probably ask Suguro why he's asking that to him. Suguro doesn't know about that confrontation though (or at least I think is safe to assume this) so he may accidentally mention Yukio at some point. And... oh, well.

Offline tandem

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2017, 04:49:12 PM »
I don't think so. Bon didn't respond to any of Yukio's question in the gun incident, so I highly doubt he ever considering why Yukio wants to know so much. And Bon is never such an indirect person. He can just tell Rin what Yukio was doing.

Anyway, I believe something will happen before tomorrow morning so the conversation will not happen.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »
So, I just got my Weekly Shonen Jump issue contaning the english translated version of chapter 92. So here's the "official" translation of the title:

Unfortunetely I don't have time to read it now and/or scan it, but what do you think about this title? They didn't translate "End of the snow", but "Beyond the snow" and... yeah, so it's a PART 1... man, I need chapter 93 like... NOW! So excited *giggles*
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:38:06 PM by Cloelia »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2017, 12:33:09 AM »
^ Oh boy. Part 1? Yukio is toast.

I have to admit, it's not as accurate but I love how Viz translated Lightning and Yukio's dialogue:

"You're inquisitive and secretive, which is pretty conceited"
"But not as conceited as you" Yukio plz
"I might look it but not really (I'm making an effort to be more caring)" LIGHTNING PLZ.

And the award for most relatable panel goes to...

"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline facets-and-rainbows

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2017, 01:20:06 AM »
Unfortunetely I don't have time to read it now and/or scan it, but what do you think about this title? They didn't translate "End of the snow", but "Beyond the snow" and... yeah, so it's a PART 1... man, I need chapter 93 like... NOW! So excited *giggles*

I'm just gonna quietly leave the dictionary definition for 果て here. (The chapter title is "Snow's 果て")

はて【果て】
  • 終わること。尽きること。 「 -のない議論」 「 -のない欲望」
  • 行きつく最後の所。一番はし。 「空の-」 「世界の-まで探し求める」
  • 物事の結末。最後。末路。 「なれの-」 → はては
  • 喪の終わり。四十九日にも一周忌にもいう。 「御-にも、誦経などとりわきせさせ給ふ/源氏 横笛」

Hate【果て】
  • Coming to an end; running out.
  • The final place you end up; the farthest edge.
  • A conclusion; an ending; one's final days.
  • The end of a period of mourning (I don't think this definition applies in our case)

So maybe some combination of "hey it stopped snowing" (the "end of the snow" version) and "I walked through miles and miles of snow and here's where I ended up" (the "beyond the snow" version) and "this is the result of all that snow" and "OH GOD IS YUKIO GONNA BE OKAY?"

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »
^ In any case, this better be the prologue to some significant revelation either about Yukio's eyes/his birth/his potential or to a breaking point which will lead him to either join the Illuminati/just leave the Order/talk to Rin/talk to whoever/regain some mental stability or to do anything we've been waiting/hoping/wanting for him to do.

If after 5/6 years of excruciating building up, Kato-sama entitles a chapter like that and she's not gonna give us any of the above revelations/developments by the end of the last part, I fear the only thing which will -end- is not the snow, but a lot of people's patience. At least, that's what I believe.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:50:24 AM by Cloelia »

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »
^ We've been waiting for over 5 years, what's another 2 or 3?...

Anyway, it looks like things are speeding up. Hopefully we'll get something interesting in the next chapter and not just "Yukio learned something new so we'll just keep it a secret for the next 5 chapters while you watch his mental breakdown".

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »
^ I wouldn't mind that either, even 5/6 more years too. But what I meant is after a title like -that-, not giving anything to us over the next couple months would be kinda... cruel?

Anyway, for an hamburgers' lover like Lightning, I can't stop thinking that that "I love sushi" sounds way way too ambiguous. Like, it's just the password (or at least a part of it, or the user name? (I'm not sure, but it's written "I love sushi-0147Aaa" so I take it's a whole password. Also, when Yukio is typing, there's only a password field)), but what if it's also a secret code Kato gave to -us- to try and guess what's in the usb while we kill the wait for the next chapter? Or it's just totally random? Man, if it's something like a secret code, I'm up for the challenge. Theories anyone?

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2017, 04:28:11 PM »
^ Honestly, I think we might not even see much Yukio next chapter. But I'm near 100% certain that Renzou will show up to monitor Yukio next chapter and that we'll be in his POV. I also think will alternate with Lightning's arrest and questioning.

Then I think Katou will take a break in September. She's been missing a lot of panels since chapter 89 and will have to spend a fair portion of time finalizing those for volume 20's release in October. I think that's why she didn't take her usual June break -- because she has to get all the chapters out in time for the volume co-release with the Spy Game OVA. Volume 20 will have chapters 89 through 93.

I do think we are on Yukio's final descent into crazyville. He has rapidly ramped up his crazy behavior in the span of three chapters. That's days between acting totes normal and threatening to shoot Bon.

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2017, 05:56:06 PM »
^That sounds plausible. What do you think that Yukio will be like once the "Beyond the Snow" chapters are done?

I think that after he finds out the information from Lightning, he'll be more determined then ever to discover the secrets of his birth. The information that he got was just a small portion. I don't think he'll join the Illuminati just yet though. He needs something to happen that convinces him that the Order isn't trustworthy, as he has too much to lose if he defects.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2017, 10:39:48 PM »
^ Not too different from now. Angry, sarcastic, bitter and prone to sardonic laughter.

Agreed that he won't be satisfied by the incomplete information and that it isn't enough to cause him to defect. However, Mephisto gave Bon and Lightning a lot of context that might not be included, plus Lightning had additional info that even Bon didn't have e.g. Azazel is one of the Grigori. Without that context, Yukio could lose faith in the Order and Mephisto. Still, I think Yukio has to feel personally betrayed to leave the Order. I don't think Lightning and Bon have found anything that could cause that.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2017, 02:15:38 PM »
I just realised it by reading the viz version. I think I found Bourguignon from the anime.

(click to show/hide)

Maybe something to add to Cloelia's list of anime predictions :p

Yes, it -is- him. But the topic you're talking about was meant to "list" all the manga details which the anime fillers "showed" before they actually appeared/happened in the chapters which were released after the anime was over. Bourguignon is not a character "introduced" by the anime. He already existed in the manga and appeared back in chapter 14.

If he was an anime-only character (like grandpa Egin, Neuhaus' wife, etc.) then, yes, that would've been considered a "manga detail spoiled by the anime fillers". (and God save us if Kato-sama is -ever- planning to put grandpa Egin in the manga)

Offline tandem

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2017, 04:34:42 PM »
I just realised it by reading the viz version. I think I found Bourguignon from the anime.

(click to show/hide)

Maybe something to add to Cloelia's list of anime predictions :p

Yes, it -is- him. But the topic you're talking about was meant to "list" all the manga details which the anime fillers "showed" before they actually appeared/happened in the chapters which were released after the anime was over. Bourguignon is not a character "introduced" by the anime. He already existed in the manga and appeared back in chapter 14.
And I think we also saw him in Chapter 87

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2017, 07:26:00 PM »

If he was an anime-only character (like grandpa Egin, Neuhaus' wife, etc.) then, yes, that would've been considered a "manga detail spoiled by the anime fillers". (and God save us if Kato-sama is -ever- planning to put grandpa Egin in the manga)

Now I'm not saying we might not see them in the manga, seeing as we don't know what diabolical crap Neuhaus is up to all alone with those creepy hands [don't go there...], but I saw his wife as a placeholder for the Impure King. Instead of the fungus goop, everyone got trapped in her webs, and it was used for Rin to get over his flames and for you to see a mini divide between him and Yukio. Grampy is Lucifer's placeholder. The crackpot that wanted to destroy Gehenna. This time we have a crackpot wanting to destroy Assiah under the guise of bringing harmony. Because the only way it seems they can accomplish this is if everyone goes back to nothingness. No pain after all. One accidentally brings Satan, the other is purposefully trying to do it. They both gathered demons and opened a gate.

Just who's Yoshikuni's counterpart?

And wouldn't it be interesting if we find out that Lucifer made the Illuminati with or for Yuri?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:35:20 PM by Kittykat »

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2017, 10:07:03 PM »
Grampy is Lucifer's placeholder.

Yes, I mentioned this in that topic (more or less, but I meant this). I avoided any Impure King arc connections, so I didn't includ them, but the anime fillers gave away at least a dozen IK arc spoilers.