Author Topic: Chapter 92 RAW  (Read 11869 times)

Offline Gem-Bug

• Bug Conjurer
  • Exwire
Re: Chapter 92 RAW
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2017, 04:28:35 PM »
Is it wrong that my favorite bits of new chapters are the introduction of new demons? Shadowy Bogeymen?! Hot damn.

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2017, 05:18:16 PM »
Is it wrong that my favorite bits of new chapters are the introduction of new demons? Shadowy Bogeymen?! Hot damn.

They are so cute. It makes me laugh because she previously posted on her twitter about playing Pokemon GO, and that was the first thing I thought of when I saw them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:22:44 PM by Kittykat »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »
Anyway, thank you, chinonamida! You did an awesome job *offers her cookies*

*cough* chino's a dude.

Usually in the manga it means something is going to happen tomorrow before Bon tells Rin, so I believe Bon does mean he will tell Rin, although at that time he probably doesn't need anymore.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain Bon will tell Rin. Depending on how much he tells Rin, Rin might tell Bon that Yukio was acting really weird about that subject. But you're right. Whatever Yukio will take away from that drive, he's going to ruthlessly pursue the lead and neither Rin nor anyone can stop him.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2017, 06:33:52 PM »
Anyway, thank you, chinonamida! You did an awesome job *offers her cookies*

*cough* chino's a dude.

*cough* My apologies, chinonamida *cough*

Chapter 91, Shura: "Bring the exwires too, we're shorthanded."
Chapter 92, Someone: "Oh, welcome back, exwires! Go have dinner, we got Yukio now so we're not shorthanded anymore (even if he's just one-handed)"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:50:22 PM by Cloelia »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »
^They address this in only one panel. It seems the battle field was so confused they couldn't find anyone to give them orders.

Thanks! so you read Korean, too?
Thanks chino! Didn't know you could read Korean, that's cool!
I don't know a word of Korean, but I've got the Japanese version.

I only know English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German and some Latin.

*cough* My apologies, chinonamida *cough*

Oh, and it's alright. You couldn't know.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:59:10 PM by chinonamida »

Offline layla.A

• Page
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2017, 11:13:07 PM »
I feel that we reach the end of the manga I longed to see the plot lighting / renzou, we are going to be surprised friends

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2017, 02:03:49 AM »
I understand now why Lightning wanted to give the info to Yukio. He's seen the danger Yukio poses if something gets in the way of what he wants, so he gives the info to him in an effort to sastify him and to keep him out of trouble.

Unfortunately, I don't think this method of just giving Yukio what he wants will work. Yukio has already convinced himself that he is too different from others for them to help him, that he doesn't want help, and will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. Simply giving him whatever info they have will make him more and more demanding of them when the info he has isn't enough for him.

With Lightning now arrested, Bon has no one to go to if Yukio threatens him again. I guess he could get Rin or Renzou to help him, but I think that Rin would be hesitant to face Yukio because he doesn't want their relationship to get any worse. Renzou I think would be torn between keeping the pressure on Yukio from the Illuminati's side, and to keep Yukio in check so he doesn't do something that would hurt his friends in the Order. Hopefully whatever Lightning told Renzou to do will help.

Offline tandem

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2017, 06:28:25 AM »
So Bon did tell others and Yukio expects it. I wonder if Yukio had any plan for subsequent steps, or is he just mad and abandon rational thoughts? Lightning is unexpectedly nice to him. It seems like he also wants Yukio to be on his side.

I think Yukio's "plan" after realizing he fucked up in threatening Bon was to escape into work ASAP.
Then that's stupid. Yukio is very lucky that Lightning seems trying to get him cooperate for some reason. (I wonder if Lightning has this idea for a while or just after Bon told him Yukio's behavior) Otherwise Yukio might be questioned and the blue eye might be discovered. I thought Yukio would at least put on his famous fake smile to act like everything is normal, unless Yukio doesn't care if he will be in trouble anymore.

After he got a read on Yukio with his comments on some people not wanting help, then he gave instructions to Renzou. So Renzou will probably act as his agent and in return, Lightning will undo the Sylph Bell.
Is it possible that Lightning was actually following Sylph Bell (= Renzou) and accidentally met Yukio?

Anyway, the whole Sylph Bell thing is weird from the start. If Lightning really wants to use it to find Illuminati's base, he shouldn't tell Renzou about it. After Renzou knows, of course he won't go to Illuminati's base. It almost looks like just a fast way to approach and force Renzou cooperate, with how easily Lightning decides to remove Sylph Bell.

Oh, welcome back, exwires! Go have dinner
So why do they have dinner together? Are they waiting for Yukio back, or are they somehow in standby mode waiting for mission assigned?  (or Rin just cook too much food...)

^They address this in only one panel. It seems the battle field was so confused they couldn't find anyone to give them orders.
Is it implied that maybe Mephisto is not in the city?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:28:56 AM by tandem »

Offline jackolope

• Page
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »
Its so odd after so many years (well, maybe just 3 or 4...) of saying," This'll be the chapter Yukio finally snaps!" And now, here we are! I honestly sorta loved his sorta fall from grace, but I guess he was never really graceful? He always had this sort of edge to his character where you'd be like," He's so cool! And nice! But not really?"

Like I'm not sure how to say it properly but from the start there was this layer to him that was artificial and fake and you knew that over time it'd all come undone sorta? Anyway, I originally thought Toudou would be more involved in the process of Yukio snapping, and I miss him. now lightning is responsible for the rlly gay rlly awkward scenes i love

Yukio has always been my favorite (aside from Izumo and Shiemi and Shura, but thats just cause I'm a baby lesbian and they were my awakening, man)! Lightning has been a favorite of mine for awhile now, too! Seeing them interact was so fun! I didn't think Lightning would hust hand him over the information like that! But anything to keep him away from the Illuminati, I guess. But I think it might lead to him joining it even more maybe?

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2017, 08:34:51 AM »
Then Lightning says Ryuuji just called him on the phone and asked him if he could tell Yukio about their research and adds "of course I told him he couldn't. So, what do you want to know so much that you would go that far?".

Considering this, I think (or to be precise, I fear) that Lightning didn't put any info regarding what Ryuji and him got to know so far (about the clones, Satan and how he was "created", etc.) into that usb. I have the feeling that he might have merely gave Yukio something to keep his mind busy for the time he'll be kept under arrest so to prevent Yukio to use the opportunity to "threaten" Ryuji again for infos/do any other crazy things. Of course he let him onto something quite "big" (and I mean, big enough to have him cast his "I want to know the truth" obsession aside) but not related in any way to the investigation. My guess is, it could be related to the mark on Drac's neck and what that could be connected with. And Lightning probably asked Renzo to keep an eye on Yukio to see if he rised to the bait and keep him informed on how he'll deal with that matter.

Offline Luzmela

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
Quoting Cloelia:  'I have the feeling that he might have merely gave Yukio something to keep his mind busy for the time he'll be kept under arrest so to prevent Yukio to use the opportunity to "threaten" Ryuji again for infos/do any other crazy things"

I have this fear too. But after the words of Kato- sensei in the last panel " time to learn or someting like that" would be so cruel to make to us that, and Yukio of course,after so many years waiting for knowing the beginning of everthing.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:41:44 AM by Luzmela »

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2017, 03:34:38 PM »
It'd be funny if Lightning trolled Yukio, but maybe that's just me. Like "the password is such and such, here's the flashdrive" and he plugs it in and gets a troll gif instead.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2017, 03:38:36 PM »
^ OMG. If that did happen, Yukio would probably unload a clip into the laptop screen.

Whatever Lightning does, it is not for Yukio's or Bon's benefit. Yukio's actions and closed-off demeanor have told Lightning that Yukio is concealing something big. That's when Lightning gave Renzou instructions and Yukio the flashdrive.

Lightning will probably continue his investigation via proxy using Bon. However, he can't drag information out of Yukio when he's in custody. So he'll give Yukio what he has and can use Renzou to provoke a disclosure of what Yukio's hiding. After all, the drive won't tell Yukio what he really wants. Nothing we've learned in following Bon and Lightning has explained the blue eye incidents. All we've learned is that Yukio and Rin have extra heritage from the Azazel host clones.

Its so odd after so many years (well, maybe just 3 or 4...) of saying," This'll be the chapter Yukio finally snaps!" And now, here we are!

It's been 6-7 years. I've been talking about Yukio snapping since chapter 16. The moment Toudou showed up was the moment I knew I was into this manga for the long haul. Ah, those were the days. I used to have big arguments with Anya back then. I insisted Yukio would snap big time in the Kyoto arc, while she insisted that Yukio wouldn't break and that whole trope would never come to pass. I'm happy to report that both of us were wrong.

Like I'm not sure how to say it properly but from the start there was this layer to him that was artificial and fake and you knew that over time it'd all come undone sorta? Anyway, I originally thought Toudou would be more involved in the process of Yukio snapping, and I miss him. now lightning is responsible for the rlly gay rlly awkward scenes i love

I love it. Yukio is every bit the aggressive asshole that I thought he was. Usually the smart glasses character archetype is supposed to be the cool calm one, more prone to acting creepy, cold or distant. Instead Yukio's full of rage and aggression.

Toudou will show up, and he brings the rly gay all-but-subtext wherever he goes. Hell, he did it in his two-minute appearance at the end of Aomori, with just saying "I like/love Yukio". Viz kinda de-gayed that translation. i swear to god i'm not a toukio fan... *quietly sweeps one of her favorite fanfics under a table*[size]

Then that's stupid. Yukio is very lucky that Lightning seems trying to get him cooperate for some reason. (I wonder if Lightning has this idea for a while or just after Bon told him Yukio's behavior) Otherwise Yukio might be questioned and the blue eye might be discovered. I thought Yukio would at least put on his famous fake smile to act like everything is normal, unless Yukio doesn't care if he will be in trouble anymore.

Yukio doesn't even understand how he threatened Bon. He was just as shocked as Bon when he realized what he was doing. So Yukio's in denial about that even happening. Thus, his insane/angry expression when Lightning went "yo, so you threatened my apprentice with a gun?" He couldn't even muster the discipline to do his fake smile.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline vannahfoxx

• Page
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2017, 09:19:24 PM »
damn wish i knew what the hell these guys are saying can't wait for translations to come out, but i can kinda get the gist of this chapter. yukio continues to worry me and everyone else as usual and lightning gave him some info maybe on the investigation? its weird to see someone give yukio what he needs, but i'm not quite sure it'll have the effect lightning wants. i guess he's asking shima to watch him? makes sense, i doubt even lightning can predict yukio's actions at this point. its a bit weird not seeing any yukio/ shura interactions but maybe we'll see some the next chapters. not much from the other characters as well, kinda glad that bon told lightning about yukio's threat though instead of keeping to himself and i still hope he mentions it to rin. the story's slowing down a bit but i'm interested to see what happens in the next chapter

same here, but i guess it shows that he's not impulsive and that he's more patient. maybe he'll come in right as yukio is at his breaking point now that'll be an interesting confrontation.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:26:29 PM by vannahfoxx »

Offline Gem-Bug

• Bug Conjurer
  • Exwire
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2017, 11:34:29 PM »
I'm surprised by the amount of what looks like unfinished panels, and the lack of background on most of them. I know Kato tends to take june off every year, though she didn't this year... really seems like they didn't have the time to finish it properly.

Oh, and, am I the only one thinking yukio's left eye look weird in this shot? the light area around his pupil shouldn't be there, or am I imagining things?

No, I noticed it too. I think it's intentional!