Poll

Do you think that Renzou knows why Shiemi quit?

Yes
Maybe
No

Author Topic: Renzou and Secrets  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
Renzou and Secrets
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:58:06 AM »
In chapter 88, Izumo mentions the possibility of Renzou knowing something about why Shiemi quit exorcism. When confronted by this, he says that he may be a spy, but he doesn't know anything. When she then says that if he did know something and he wouldn't tell her, he says "Aww, come on...", in an almost disappointed like tone.

I do think that Renzou knows the reason Shiemi quit. He's Mephisto's spy after all, and Mephisto did say that Shiemi, along with all of the other exwires and Yukio, were indispensable pieces and that he couldn't afford to lose a single one. Mephisto could've told Renzou about why she quit and to keep an eye on her, since it's also implied that Mephisto had Amaimon join as a student so as to build pressure on Shiemi.

What do you think?  :D   

Offline Luzmela

• Junior Second Class
Re: Renzou and Secrets
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:32:55 AM »
I think that can be a possibility but I am quite sure Amaimon spies her. I don' t know if he does that becausr Mephisto has told him or he is just curious of Shiemi. She has no fear.

And we have also this ' fiancee' thing. 😞

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
I don't know, I sure found it weird that Shima was shown with Shiemi and Paku when they were organizing the party. I was like, is he there with them cause they're in the same class at regular school or something? It seemed like he was "put" there on purpose so he couldn't be with the others when they were wondering about the reason why Shiemi changed her mind about wanting to be an exorcist. Then, after Shiemi assigned everyone a role and they walked away and they continued making up their theories, Shima was rightly wondering what the heck where they talking about (since he wasn't with them at the time the topic was first brought up).

In the end, when he understood that they were only trying to figure out Shiemi's reason for leaving cram school he broke up in a laugh. During this whole bit I can't find anything suspicious in Shima's behaviour. Even when Shiemi gave everyone the good-luck charm for the exwires' exam his reaction perfectly matched that of the others.

Shima is spying on Yukio and we know it. But I think that if he was asked to spy also on Shiemi that could be quite difficult, especially cause Shiemi left cram school. And he can't split. So he can't watch on her why she's at the supply shop (and he'd need the key to go there (and for all we know, only exorcists can use it) but, yeah, I guess this problem would be easy to dodge (have Mephisto give it to him in secret and it's allright)) and meanwhile watch on Yukio while he's away on missions or elsewhere. Or probably I'm mistaking Shima's reaction and the moment Shiemi declared that she was gonna quit cram school he was taken aback as in "gosh, now how am I supposed to monitor her AND Yukio if she will not attend school anymore?"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:04:37 AM by Cloelia »

Offline tandem

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »
In chapter 88, Izumo mentions the possibility of Renzou knowing something about why Shiemi quit exorcism. When confronted by this, he says that he may be a spy, but he doesn't know anything. When she then says that if he did know something and he wouldn't tell her, he says "Aww, come on...", in an almost disappointed like tone.
I do have a little theory that his response indicates he (they) knew something is wrong in advance, but not the details. And that's why he (they) spying on her.

It will match his "I don't know the reason" because he really doesn't know the exact reason yet and is trying to find out by spying. It will also match that he didn't directly respond to Izumo's "Even if you know something" because it's true that he knew something and he won't tell Izumo.

I sure found it weird that Shima was shown with Shiemi and Paku when they were organizing the party. I was like, is he there with them cause they're in the same class at regular school or something?
Paku is in the same class, but Shima is not. I have another theory about it. So far, every time Shiemi hides her reasons of quitting, Rin is also there. What if the "I cannot tell" actually means "I cannot tell Rin." ? That is, when they saw Shima, Shiemi and Paku sitting together, it's possible that Shiemi already told the other two why she is quitting. It can explain why Paku didn't have any reaction about Shiemi quitting.

During this whole bit I can't find anything suspicious in Shima's behaviour.
In my opinion the breaking in laugh is already suspicious...

I think that if he was asked to spy also on Shiemi that could be quite difficult, especially cause Shiemi left cram school. And he can't split. So he can't watch on her why she's at the supply shop (and he'd need the key to go there (and for all we know, only exorcists can use it) but, yeah, I guess this problem would be easy to dodge (have Mephisto give it to him in secret and it's allright)) and meanwhile watch on Yukio while he's away on missions or elsewhere. Or probably I'm mistaking Shima's reaction and the moment Shiemi declared that she was gonna quit cram school he was taken aback as in "gosh, now how am I supposed to monitor her AND Yukio if she will not attend school anymore?"
Of course there is no 100% spying. Even if he only spy Yukio, there are still occasions he is not with Yukio since Shima is not full time spying.

Actually, I think Shima can almost perfectly compensate Amaimon when spying Shiemi.

Offline Mojo

• Exwire
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 11:34:06 PM »
I don't think so, aside from the obvious priority that is Yukio and Rin (but to a lesser degree), Mephisto had shown no special interest in Shiemi that would  indicate that nor had the Illuminati boss. You could argue that he did an independent observation on her or something but that would be too convenient plot wise for the author to go with.

Though I do think that using his casual conversation as evidence for this is bit unfair since he is a pretty damn good actor.

Offline tandem

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 04:35:06 PM »
I don't think so, aside from the obvious priority that is Yukio and Rin (but to a lesser degree), Mephisto had shown no special interest in Shiemi that would  indicate that nor had the Illuminati boss. You could argue that he did an independent observation on her or something but that would be too convenient plot wise for the author to go with.

Though I do think that using his casual conversation as evidence for this is bit unfair since he is a pretty damn good actor.
If we believe Amaimon is spying Shiemi, and it is an order from Mephisto, then Mephisto already shown special interest in her. It is convenient, but the whole Shiemi's family secret just shown in the story after Chapter 84, so Kato can't mention it too early.

And I don't feel like Shima's conversation being just casual in Chapter 88. It's suspicious because he seems intentionally trying to end that topic

Offline Mojo

• Exwire
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:40 PM »

If we believe Amaimon is spying Shiemi, and it is an order from Mephisto, then Mephisto already shown special interest in her. It is convenient, but the whole Shiemi's family secret just shown in the story after Chapter 84, so Kato can't mention it too early.

And I don't feel like Shima's conversation being just casual in Chapter 88. It's suspicious because he seems intentionally trying to end that topic
Didn't Amaimon make it clear that it was rather personal by mentioning the old bride thing, making it not ambiguous? I don't think there's much to speculate about aside from the reason why Mephisto would let him free in the school which Renzou had brought and wondered(confirming that he is oblivious to that)

Yeah I'm saying Renzous typical normal dialogue is horribly similar to his spy-influenced speech, therefore it is fair to argue either points. I also think that the idea that Mephisto may have set the entire interaction up on purpose from the beginning is possible but there's more than one thing suggesting that Shima knows little to nothing.

A little thing that you may want to consider as well is that Shima prepared his Krik to possibly engage with Amaimon after Shiemi pushed him, which is something he would not do if he knew much of the situation beforehand. Not major, but still something.These are my reasons, I may have missed a thing or two

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »
I'm going to drop my 2 cents that Renzou for once isn't lying and actually doesn't know Shiemi's secret, as I think that Mephisto sent Amaimon instead to observe Shiemi.

But I've been burned before on trusting Renzou. Nearly every bet I've made for that guy has plummeted through the floor.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline tandem

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 03:55:50 PM »

Didn't Amaimon make it clear that it was rather personal by mentioning the old bride thing, making it not ambiguous? I don't think there's much to speculate about aside from the reason why Mephisto would let him free in the school
There are actually two questions:
1.Why did Mephisto release Amaimon? Or more precisely, what does Mephisto mean when he said "It's about time." in Chapter 82?
2.Why did Mephisto ask Amaimon to be a (good) student in Shiemi's class? I think Amaimon made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to be a student, but he promised Mephisto.

Maybe there are many possibilities for Q1, but I think the most reasonable answer for Q2 is Mephisto asked Amaimon to spy Shiemi.

About the bride thing, I thought it's quite evident that he said it in order to have a fight with Rin.

I'm saying Renzous typical normal dialogue is horribly similar to his spy-influenced speech, therefore it is fair to argue either points.
But I don't think it was really normal. What happened in Chapter 88 is, he has completely opposite reaction (compare to others) about Shiemi's quit. If that's not suspicious enough, later when Izumo brought the topic again, he rapidly changed his opinion to be rather vague.

there's more than one thing suggesting that Shima knows little to nothing.

A little thing that you may want to consider as well is that Shima prepared his Krik to possibly engage with Amaimon after Shiemi pushed him, which is something he would not do if he knew much of the situation beforehand.
For me this is actually another evidence that maybe he knew something :  his attitude about Amaimon was a 180 turn between Chapter 83 and 84.

In Chapter 83 he was like "WTF Sir Pheles is thinking?", while in Chapter 84 he was like "Maybe strong girls are his type   ::)" , and effectively switch their topic. In my little theory that's because he learned Amaimon's mission from Mephisto.

I'm going to drop my 2 cents that Renzou for once isn't lying and actually doesn't know Shiemi's secret, as I think that Mephisto sent Amaimon instead to observe Shiemi.
Yes, but in my theory he wasn't lying, technically