Author Topic: Chapter 90 discussion (raws)  (Read 22442 times)

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
Re: Chapter 90 discussion (raws)
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2017, 06:31:03 PM »
Just a theory, but what if Yukio laughed here...

... because he suddenly remembered that he forgot to laugh here?

Offline Cherub

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »
So I noticed we got this chapter pretty early (OML, I've never wanted to improve my translation skills this much before).

I know the chapters come out (painfully) once a month, but is there like a set date I can follow without needlessly checking for chapters 24/7?

(Does this mean we get another chapter this month too?? Or is it literally just early.... and I have to wait for the one next month in June -_-)

Guys, this manga is the only thing keeping me going  :'(

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2017, 12:45:28 PM »
Chapters usually -officially- come out around the 3rd or 4th day of the month (mostly the 4th), once they're published on the Jump SQ magazine.

But this site (http://manga-spoiler.com/) sometimes puts the raw scans even 2 or 3 days earlier. So, starting from the very first day of each month, I regularly check it.

Offline tandem

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2017, 02:53:47 PM »
Looks like the English translation is also slow this month ... but I have read the Chinese translation

Some thoughts:
  • No clue whether Jun and her husband are exorcists or not. If they are not, and something wrong happen in the wedding, I will be curious about their reaction
  • For Yumi, since she has been feeling so lonely in the past nine months, I guess she will enter TCA and the cram school
  • Gouzou was taking exorcist business trip for unknown reason. He looks nice. Why do I feel both Kinzou and Renzou like him?
  • Sounds like Lightning wants to check the digital copy of the Section 13 file Bon organized. Bon also plans to study it so he probably brings a copy to Kyoto. (Or he puts the file on the cloud?)
  • Instead of calling Drac, Lightning is asking for his schedule. Maybe Lightning wants to secretly follow him?
  • Yamantaka said it has been protecting immature Renzou. I wonder if it means Yamantaka can protect Renzou without Renzou's control
  • Koneko is asking when Renzou can start using Yamantaka's power, and Renzou's response is so vague that I suspect he is lying. He actually changes the topic right away.
  • While Koneko may have a point that Renzou "wasting talent", I feel his imagination of being super strong with Yamantaka and protecting everyone, is obviously nonsense. It's a pity that Renzou fails to point it out
  • It's a little strange that they let Kinzou, who can't remember their names and was drunk last night, to be the adult leading them to the new year activity. They don't think anything special might happen to Satan's son?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:03:00 PM by tandem »

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »
If anyone is wanting to take a look at the eng translation, I purchased my copy from the Viz site so I can pm it to you. Anyway, even if they left Kin in charge of the kids, there's Yukio around for Rin (as I think he's still his guard along with Shura) so it should be fine?

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »
Nobody at Kyoto branch is bothered by Rin since he saved 'em all from the Impure King.

• While Koneko may have a point that Renzou "wasting talent", I feel his imagination of being super strong with Yamantaka and protecting everyone, is obviously nonsense. It's a pity that Renzou fails to point it out

How so? All of the other members of Myou Dha seem to have that dream and it's not a problem.

Renzou and Koneko just have different priorities. Renzou really wants to escape his obligations and live independently and Koneko wants to defend Myou Dha with his life, but Renzou has the ultra strong deity that wipes out demons and Koneko has been stuck to fighting with pipes and daggers. It is kinda ironic that their beliefs and skillset are completely reversed.

Honestly, I'm really glad that Bon has decided to follow Lightning, because Bon always overwhelmed the Kyoto trio dynamic. Now that he's not participating, Koneko and Renzou can interact more.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline tandem

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2017, 03:59:01 AM »
Nobody at Kyoto branch is bothered by Rin since he saved 'em all from the Impure King.
I guess they aren't afraid of him, but as part of TC Order I assume they are responsible to look after him when he is in Kyoto, especially when Shura is not around.

Maybe as Cloelia said it's because Yukio is also here (His rank is even higher than Kinzou). However we know Yukio is so unstable right now... but no one notice it.

How so? All of the other members of Myou Dha seem to have that dream and it's not a problem.
Because they don't need Koneko's protection. His dream is similar to, or just a smaller version of Bon's "rebuild and lead the temple". And Bon already knows that goal is meaningless 60+ chapters ago. And Bon pushed himself training hard, so even after he realized the goal is nonsense, the result is still good. However we only see Koneko sitting here dreaming "what if I am strong"

Not all other members have the same dream. Kinzou is like "I am not afraid of dying", "to be the pride of Shima family". Juzou is like "to honor Takezou". Yaozou said to Renzou something like "protect Bon and Koneko" which is reasonable because Renzou is stronger than the other two. The last person who declares to "protect everyone" is Mamushi

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2017, 06:12:57 AM »

Because they don't need Koneko's protection. His dream is similar to, or just a smaller version of Bon's "rebuild and lead the temple". And Bon already knows that goal is meaningless 60+ chapters ago. And Bon pushed himself training hard, so even after he realized the goal is nonsense, the result is still good. However we only see Koneko sitting here dreaming "what if I am strong"

Not all other members have the same dream. Kinzou is like "I am not afraid of dying", "to be the pride of Shima family". Juzou is like "to honor Takezou". Yaozou said to Renzou something like "protect Bon and Koneko" which is reasonable because Renzou is stronger than the other two. The last person who declares to "protect everyone" is Mamushi

I am pretty sure Suguro is stronger than Renzo. Juzo even stated that his decent knight skills are only when he uses Yamantaka which means that without Yamantaka Renzo has no talent in becoming an exorcist. Konekomaru is still smart and strategic minded even if it is less than Suguro. I can see Konekomaru being able to use Yamantaka better than Renzo could. It makes Renzo feeling of burden understandable in that he has no talent in becoming an exorcist, but is being forced into this field thanks to the blue night and Yamantaka's idiotic choosing mechanism. Even the illuminati make it clear that they are only interested in him because of Yamantaka. Without Yamantaka, Renzo is even more useless than Konekomaru.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:14:36 AM by xyzt »

Offline tandem

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2017, 11:54:51 PM »
I am pretty sure Suguro is stronger than Renzo. Juzo even stated that his decent knight skills are only when he uses Yamantaka which means that without Yamantaka Renzo has no talent in becoming an exorcist.
I think since Ch45 it is a recurring topic emphasized several times that Renzou has talent but he had been letting it rot. The fight in nine-tail arc already proved Bon is definitely not stronger than Renzou because he could not interrupt the fight between Rin and Renzou. Probably Renzou is only strong when Yamantaka is with him. But Yamantaka is with him.

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2017, 04:44:02 AM »
Probably Renzou is only strong when Yamantaka is with him. But Yamantaka is with him.
For now

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2017, 08:26:53 AM »
I am pretty sure Suguro is stronger than Renzo. Juzo even stated that his decent knight skills are only when he uses Yamantaka which means that without Yamantaka Renzo has no talent in becoming an exorcist.
I think since Ch45 it is a recurring topic emphasized several times that Renzou has talent but he had been letting it rot. The fight in nine-tail arc already proved Bon is definitely not stronger than Renzou because he could not interrupt the fight between Rin and Renzou. Probably Renzou is only strong when Yamantaka is with him. But Yamantaka is with him.

The problem with the emphasis is that unlike Shiemi and others, with him, we only have Konekomaru's word for it and based on what we've seen, Renzo is clearly shown to have no talent in exorcism without Yamantaka's help. Given that Konekomaru's statement was before Yamantaka was revealed, who is to say that Konekomaru wasn't actually referring to his contract with Yamantaka when he was talking about Renzo's potential. Both his family and the illuminati have emphasized that he is only useful when he is using Yamantaka. Regarding the nine tails arc the reason i believed Suguro couldn't intervene between Rin and Renzo's fight was because a) They were pretty far away and he did not have Rin's super strength and jumping skills; and b) Renzo was using Yamantaka which only strengthens my point that Renzo is only strong when he is using Yamantaka and without him he is truly useless.

The fact that Yamantaka is with him is what he resents since that is why his family is forcing him into a position for which he has neither the skill nor the desire to pursue. The fact that he was chosen by Yamantaka by pure coincidence thanks to the blue night and Yamantaka's rather stupid way of choosing his successors only makes him resent it further. Maybe Yamantaka should really take this scenario as a reason to change his method of choosing his future tamers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:14:37 AM by xyzt »

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2017, 09:46:16 AM »
^ We have also this statement from Juzo

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2017, 10:05:56 AM »
Shima should just have a kid and be done with it. :P

I'm assuming Yama jumps over as soon as there are descendants... Shima's father is alive, isn't he?

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »

I'm assuming Yama jumps over as soon as there are descendants... Shima's father is alive, isn't he?

Oh but we already have baby Juzo/Mamushi and as I said I think having them conceive that child just at this particular time could not be a random thing at all.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2017, 11:53:50 AM »

Oh but we already have baby Juzo/Mamushi and as I said I think having them conceive that child just at this particular time could not be a random thing at all.

... Do you think they're planning to kill Shima right after the child is born or something? ???

Because otherwise, having another nephew won't change much. Shima's sister already has kids of her own and that did nothing.