Author Topic: Chapter 90 discussion (raws)  (Read 22445 times)

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
Chapter 90 discussion (raws)
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:30:21 AM »
I didn't even read it yet, just the first page, and it left me disappointed. But, whatever, let's go...

http://manga-spot.com/archives/68535

First thought: Yukio's evil laugh gave me Light Yagami chills *LOL*
Someone kind enough to translate? I offer cookies.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:43:46 AM by Cloelia »

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
Re: Chapter 90 discussion (raws)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:34:50 AM »
I actually kind of expected this.

Cute that Rin opens up to Shiemi a bit. Sad that the conversation between Yukio and Rin was kind of blown off... for now anyways. Seems like it's going to stew in Rin's mind, but we're seeing that he is getting frustrated with Yukio's reticence. I hope Shiemi smacks Yukio for making him cry.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:55:35 AM by Kittykat »

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 10:29:53 AM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:32:47 AM by chinonamida »

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
- So in the end, everyone went.
- Did... did Shiemi multiply? Who's the copy behind Renzou?
- Is that a love interest or a little sister thing? Either way, Koneko doesn't seem thrilled.
- Remember we once felt bad for Renzou for getting kicked all the time? That was long ago.
- What is Yukio making that has them so surprised?
- There's his fake smile again.
- Well, that conversation could've gone better.
- I guess Yata got tired of hiding.
- 'the hell is wrong with this family.
- Poor Rin. He's so honest with his feelings, but the people he loves keep shooting him down.
- Is that a bride thing? Covering up before the wedding?

Well, at least it looked like Yukio took Rin seriously for a second there. Though their relationship hasn't improved, it would already help if Yukio got to see Rin as an actual person instead of the outdated image he's got in his head.

Offline Cloelia

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 11:03:44 AM »
Well, at least it looked like Yukio took Rin seriously for a second there.

Yeah, but the same can be said for the opposite too.

Rin may have been "worried" about Yukio for a while now but, let's be honest, he never thought what could be troubling his brother could actually be something THAT serious at all. I'm glad he finally got a glimpse of how really -worrying- the situation is. I'm gonna say something evil (blame Yukio, he may have infected me. Especially after that laugh) but I'm personally glad Yukio finally did something to get Rin so shocked he'd even state he can't "recognize" his brother anymore (as he tells Shiemi later). I was disappointed with this chapter at first, but now I'm starting to feel satisfied with the way that confrontation turned out. Things will definetely be awkward for a while between em, and I can't wait to see how their interactions will be affected. I love both of em, as always, but imo Rin definetely needed that cold shower.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:14:18 AM by Cloelia »

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 12:15:53 PM »
While it didn't have the boom I was expecting, I really enjoyed it! The Kyoto nostalgia was immense, seeing all the old faces were nice, also Koneko has a girlfriend? I'm only guessing since he didn't mention any sisters, so way to go buddy. It's also nice to see that Rin's still comfortable with sharing his feelings with Shiemi. Who's that in the wedding gown by the way? Don't tell me it's the transvestite ghost again....

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »
Holy crap, Yukio! What the hell man? Okay, while I love seeing Yukio go off the deep end and release his pent up emotions, I also wish that he would open up to Rin properly. Sheesh, are the only emotions has right now envy and wrath? This was only a prelude for something worst.

I feel bad for Rin. He looked like he was afraid when he opened up to Shiemi about Yukio. Either that or he wanted to cry. (also, he opened up to Shiemi, squee!) It's genuinely nice to see Rin display other emotions outside of his usual goofiness, because it was making his character a bit stagnant.

As for the rest of the chapter - we finally got to see Shima's brother and sisters, yay! They're all so adorable! Wtf is with the Shiemi look-alike though? How many does she have? Katou, explain this now!

I feel like Lightning sent Bon away so he could do his dirty work. And then there's noisy rosy Yukio, trying to eavesdrop with his crazy ass. Dude, get some help!

I think the bride is Mamushi, honestly. But, we'll see. They did mention having a ceremony last chapter, after all.

Offline tandem

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 01:39:54 PM »
I guess that Shiemi look-alike is Renzou's big sister, Jun. Another girl should be Renzou's little sister, Yumi. I don't think she is officially Koneko's a girlfriend ...

I want to know what Yamantaka is saying. Is it possible we are actually heading for a Renzou arc?

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 01:44:33 PM »
Yay, it came out early!
- so we ARE getting a Kyoto side story. I knew it, I knew it!
- happy to see Renzou's sisters.
- oh my... I now feel justified in writing that scene of my fanfic where Yukio does crazy laugh.
- That psychotic grin though. He's gonna go evil.
- Koneko and Renzou development! I'd be happy, if I hadn't been stoked on the cliffhanger.
- Also, Renzou talking to Yamantaka!

Am I the only one not really bothered by Yukio's crazy laughter? It's like he realized "you're right, we really are nothing alike". Something snapped in him. Not sure what. Is it his faith in Rin always running ahead, that Rin never shows cowardice? He closed up so fast. Either way, I think we'll be in Rin's PoV until Yukio switches sides (look, I know it's not a given, but now that Yukio is starting to act crazy around others, I think we're approaching a point of no return.)
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 01:52:45 PM »
the shimas...... why do they feel so dysfunctional to me. maybe renzou is the only sane one after all.
oh and this chapter reminds me so much of that harry potter scene where the gang goes to one of ron's bro's wedding with the french chick and some dearh eaters interrupted the reception. haha. i loved that. i wish toudou storms in and asks for mochi lol.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:06:00 PM by kirarin »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 02:22:15 PM »
^ The Shimas take Comedic Sociopathy to a new level. I just wish Kato wouldn't make Renzou's older sis and mom designs so similar to Shiemi's.

My general feelings about Yukio losing it in this chapter. (God help us if Toudou interacts at all with Yukio as he is right now, that kid is warped af right now.)
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline facets-and-rainbows

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
Chapter summary!

(click to show/hide)

(And welcome to the forums, ailuro!)

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 04:23:16 PM »
Yay, it came out early!
- so we ARE getting a Kyoto side story. I knew it, I knew it!
- happy to see Renzou's sisters.
- oh my... I now feel justified in writing that scene of my fanfic where Yukio does crazy laugh.
- That psychotic grin though. He's gonna go evil.
- Koneko and Renzou development! I'd be happy, if I hadn't been stoked on the cliffhanger.
- Also, Renzou talking to Yamantaka!

Am I the only one not really bothered by Yukio's crazy laughter? It's like he realized "you're right, we really are nothing alike". Something snapped in him. Not sure what. Is it his faith in Rin always running ahead, that Rin never shows cowardice? He closed up so fast. Either way, I think we'll be in Rin's PoV until Yukio switches sides (look, I know it's not a given, but now that Yukio is starting to act crazy around others, I think we're approaching a point of no return.)

You're not the only one not really bothered by Yukio's insane laughter. I think it's just how he realized that he was being ridiculous when he tried to confront Rin about their past, and that nothing Yukio says will change Rin's mind.

Shiemi, Rin's right about keeping secrets. Is she worried that everyone will hate her if her secret gets exposed? Katou-sensei, we first heard about the secret in chapter 84, and that was all the way in November! Why are you keeping us in the dark about this?

Shima's family is exactly how I pictured them to be lol. SHIROMI, SATAN! I love the running joke of a character not being able to remember others names.

Whoa, Yamantaka and Shima conversation? I love the idea that Tamers can just have conversations with their familiars. Speaking of which, Izumo and Shima can talk to their familiars, but can Shiemi understand Nee? All he says is one word. Also, I find it weird that Nee hasn't been seen since the Christmas party. He's always with Shiemi. Maybe she's mad at him for ruining it?

Offline timebunny526

• Page
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
I knew that Kato wouldn't resolve Yukio's and Rin's discussion in this chapter! Although it frightens me the way that they are avoiding the topic once again...
Thanks for the summary Facets!

-Shima and Konekomaru were both jealous of each other growing up.
Shima: if I were you, I'd have left the Myouda and gone to live on my own with nothing holding me back
Koneko: Well if I were you, I would have trained to be a super strong fighter with Yamantaka and protect everyone!
Both: ...I feel like we got things backwards when we were born.

Ah I always thought that there was something between those two, am I the only one that still sees some of Koneko's jealousy in the IK arc? I'm pretty sure it is dulled down by now but desires tend to stay, more so when you are near the thing you desire.

Also Yumi looks like the Shima genderbent from the light novel, it is eerie...

Offline Luzmela

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »
the shimas...... why do they feel so dysfunctional to me. maybe renzou is the only sane one after all.
oh and this chapter reminds me so much of that harry potter scene where the gang goes to one of ron's bro's wedding with the french chick and some dearh eaters interrupted the reception. haha. i loved that. i wish toudou storms in and asks for mochi lol.

I am thinking the same...
Kato- sensei loves Walking Dead. If she likes Game of Thrones may be we will see another Red Wedding...