Author Topic: Spy Game/Hyoshi ao Spy light novel  (Read 7833 times)

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
Re: Spy Game/Hyoshi ao Spy light novel
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 01:15:54 PM »
the single weirdest Blue Exorcist thing I have ever seen printed out on physical paper,

That's oddly specific @facets... what things have you seen out there on the interwebs?

Offline Kimya

• Exwire
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 02:53:37 PM »
No one wants to do the race, but the exwires and Yukio end up teaming up to try to keep Shima from winning and changing the dress code for the school.
Did anybody else get immediately reminded of Roy Mustang from FMA? :)

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 05:44:55 AM »
the single weirdest Blue Exorcist thing I have ever seen printed out on physical paper,

That's oddly specific @facets... what things have you seen out there on the interwebs?

Everybody gather round and make a will save because I'm about to mention the time I wandered into the darkest corner of pixiv and saw

(click to show/hide)

and noped right off the internet for a while.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »
I finally understand people who say somethings are better left unknown.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 04:28:35 PM »
Wow. Despite not giving any new information on Toudou's background, it gives insight into what he's like when he's not backstabbing and manipulating people ("in between assignments for work" *snorts*). It leaves so many mysteries, like what did he do to the three drunks? Why did he deal with them when he could've ignored them? Did he do it because he liked the place, or was he simply annoyed that he was interrupted mid-meal and took the opportunity to eliminate some nuisances that nobody would miss? And that line: "I'm a coward and a pacifist". It's a contradiction with what we know of what he's done, yet consistent with his methodology.

It's hilarious how the bartender's read of him is completely off, particularly her observation "he was the very picture of a kind, upstanding young man". I love how at the end, she can't reconcile in her mind how the picture shown to her and the person she met are the same.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 11:41:24 PM »
4. Yukio in Wonderland - Yukio is attacked in his sleep by demon butterflies that trap him in a nightmare so they can feed off the negative emotions he feels during the nightmare. He dreams that everyone (including himself) is suddenly the opposite gender, and everyone but him thinks it's always been this way. S/he gets trapped in an inane and stressful shopping trip with Rin and the gals from Kyoto but eventually escapes. S/he goes to Mephisto for help but all of Mephisto's suggestions are so awful that the butterflies get their fill of negative emotions from Yukio and he wakes up...into another dream where all the guys are hyper-masculine. In the afterword of the book, author Aya Yajima says it was inspired by Katoh's tweets with the genderbent characters and thanked Katoh for allowing her to write this crack.

I RECENTLY HAVE HAD A MIGHT NEED TO READ THIS. But I can't find it anywhere on the internet, so I assume I have to buy it? Can I buy it online? Though I can't read Japanese...

In general these stories are ridiculously interesting and I wish they were more widely accessible  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Cherub

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 06:02:04 AM »
4. Yukio in Wonderland - Yukio is attacked in his sleep by demon butterflies that trap him in a nightmare so they can feed off the negative emotions he feels during the nightmare. He dreams that everyone (including himself) is suddenly the opposite gender, and everyone but him thinks it's always been this way. S/he gets trapped in an inane and stressful shopping trip with Rin and the gals from Kyoto but eventually escapes. S/he goes to Mephisto for help but all of Mephisto's suggestions are so awful that the butterflies get their fill of negative emotions from Yukio and he wakes up...into another dream where all the guys are hyper-masculine. In the afterword of the book, author Aya Yajima says it was inspired by Katoh's tweets with the genderbent characters and thanked Katoh for allowing her to write this crack.

I RECENTLY HAVE HAD A MIGHT NEED TO READ THIS. But I can't find it anywhere on the internet, so I assume I have to buy it? Can I buy it online? Though I can't read Japanese...

In general these stories are ridiculously interesting and I wish they were more widely accessible  :'( :'( :'(

ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY THAT I CANT GET MY HANDS ON IT TOO!!

All I can do for now is read rainbows-and-facets translations when they come out.. the only ones I knew about until now were the ones where Shima gets sent on 3 assignments by Mephisto, some take on Toudous life while he sits in a ramen store, and an ALMOST naked race all male exorcists were forced to participate in!

So I didn't know about the wonderland with butterflies of negativity~ (I mean, I saw the cover picture of them being genderbent but I didn't know why..) But so far it's looking fantastic and these need to be made into a goddamn OVA RN!

Just how many chapters are there??
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:05:45 AM by Cherub »

Offline tandem

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 01:06:38 AM »
3. Kin-nii Leaves Home - Kinzou gets upset at something Juuzou said about him and storms out of the Kyoto branch. He shows up uninvited at the Kyoto trio's dorm room and asks to stay for a while. He won't tell them what's wrong and they have to drag it out of him. Turns out it was a misunderstanding where Juuzou was actually praising Kinzou but Kinzou only heard part of it and it sounded like an insult. Kinzou immediately gets over it and goes back home.
I'm interested in this one. Rare chance to see how Kinzou interacting with the trio privately. I wonder if they will make the third OVA of Kyoto sega with Volume 21 ...

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 06:35:40 AM »
Double posting to bring you part 2!

It doesn't get any less weird as it goes.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 05:08:50 PM »
I always knew Koneko was related to Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Weren’t girls supposed to be the ones who knew all about different brands of shampoo, and were late to things because they were doing their hair in the morning? Weren’t they supposed to exchange cute candy-like bath bombs as gifts, and take hot baths for their health, and maybe even try making handmade soaps sometimes?

Oh... my... god.

I vaguely recall that when Kato designed Yukio, she was intending for him to be asthmatic, interested in computers, and a  bit of a feminist. Somewhere along the line that last characterization was totally reversed.

I can understand this coming from Shima-kun, but what happened to the serious, detail-oriented, order-loving Suguro-kun?

... Wait, what? We know Rin is more than a little fond of Bon, but now I'm wondering if both Okumura twins have a mild crush on Bon.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 08:43:40 PM »
And another part!

We're through the cringiest of it. I mean, until we meet, uh, Lady Pheles, but that's to be expected.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 09:50:38 PM »
^ Renzou, or rather Ren molesting Yukio was... not something I wanted to read. Ever.

Wait, there's a Lady Pheles?!?! *cowers under bedsheets*

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
  • Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 12:15:02 AM »
Listen up, Yukiko. Don’t go getting cocky just cause you’ve got big boobs. Mine’ll surpass yours one day, you just watch!

Does that mean that Yukio in his real form also has a bigger ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)? (need holy water sry)

He noticed a butterfly—who knows how it got in—fluttering around the cart. The sight calmed his heart.

He's like the cutest thing on the entire planet earth! He's literally melting my heart, thank you facets-and-rainbows for posting this, it really made my day!♥

Yukio had escaped, half-crawling, from the mob of blood-crazed shoppers who had nearly trampled him, but his hair was messed up, and his clothes were torn…He’d been beaten to a pulp.
It was rare for him to be wrung out like this even on exorcist missions.

HAHAHAHAH I can't! That was the best statement so far! Poor guy, he lost all of his faith in girl code, now nothing can surprise him anymore!XD (This situation resembles a Black Friday when all women go to big shopping malls and fight for every piece of clothing.)

I know that all of this is just a comedy and I know that none of this should be taken seriously, but I'm a bit bothered with Kazue (who is also a girl lol) showing girls as stupid creatures. I mean, what would the masculine audience think of it?! I don't know if I'm a tomboy or girls are really behaving this way? My reactions would be the same as Yukio's!XD
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:26:34 AM by Kannra21 »
"Win a place for yourself in this world."- Shura Kirigakure