Author Topic: Artbooks  (Read 9760 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Artbooks
« on: June 26, 2013, 11:56:48 PM »
The last few years, a number of Blue Exorcist artbooks/guidebooks have been released:

1) Color Archive - Animation & Comic Visual Guidebook
This one contains, among others, the early manga sketches that you can find here.

2) Pocket Garo Color Collection
Mostly colour illustrations that were also published in the magazine (I think).
http://yaku.exteen.com/20121027/ao-no-exorcist-pocket-garo-color-collection-color-bible

3) Color Bible
I believe this one is more about the anime.

4) And apparently, there's also a fourth book (or is this just a very elaborate magazine?) about the movie:
http://dandycandyneckties.tumblr.com/post/53906898172/out-of-the-top-hat-a-little-photo-set-of-what

But I don't know the name of that one.

None of them has been translated to English so far, which is a shame because I'd like to buy them. ^^
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:47:15 AM by NeeNee »

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
  • Not gonna be very active anymore <3
Re: Artbooks & guidebooks
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:12:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen really nice scans from the Gyaro collection one before, and maybe the Color Bible.
The anime art is pretty nice but I'm more interested in Katou's drawings. But I imagine that we won't see as much of those since she's so busy lately!

But maybe when she catches up with her work we'll get a nice color spread.
Saying Toudou's name summons me

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:47:12 AM »
Katou recently posted a bunch of Genderbend No Exorcist on her Twitter. Check it out XD

I can't get over how weird Mephisto would be - she looks like Kanaria!

Male Shiemi looks adorkable.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 02:52:40 AM »
Katou recently posted a bunch of Genderbend No Exorcist on her Twitter. Check it out XD

I can't get over how weird Mephisto would be - she looks like Kanaria!

Male Shiemi looks adorkable.

We've known about that for a while, but it belongs here:
Kazue's art (Official sketches & illustrations)

I should probably move that thread over, too...

Offline Kristen_SK

• Page
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:29:49 AM »
4) And apparently, there's also a fourth book (or is this just a very elaborate magazine?) about the movie:
http://dandycandyneckties.tumblr.com/post/53906898172/out-of-the-top-hat-a-little-photo-set-of-what

But I don't know the name of that one.

The movie book is actually a thin art/information book, around the size of the Color Archive.  (I say this having just gotten it in the mail today.)  It was sold to me under the title "Blue Exorcist the Movie Official Guide Book - FESTA!"  It includes a foldout of the movie poster, most of the movie promotional art, rough character designs, amazingly detailed drawings of the background art and parade floats, voice actor interviews, and other staff interviews. 

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: Artbooks
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 03:35:44 AM »
The Pocket Gallery is coming out in German.
http://www.bookdepository.com/Blue-Exorcist-Pocket-Gallery-Kazue-KATO/9782889210244

Still no news of any English translations? Viz isn't very fast, are they?

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 07:36:40 AM »
If it's German I might be able to understand it. It'll be some much needed practice too.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »
...and now just hope it comes in English too! Or then I have to start learning German xP
~魔神の落胤~

Offline Toraii212

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 11:17:23 PM »
I'm just reading about the content of the Pocket Gallery book on a german side. It has:
color illustrations, a Mini-Poster, an explanation about how you become an exorcist and how a true mangaka works,a coloration-Workshop(what's this?) and an exciting quiz with "oracle notes" for cutting out.

and I'm not sure but it seems like the Pocket Gallery might have something like a quiz where you find out what type of "demon killer" you are aka are you an aria/knight/tamer/dragoon or a doctor? but I'm not sure about this part.^^¨

I'll will just put the link here so some native speaker can read it and put some more light to my translation.

http://www.kaze-online.de/news/artikel/58-seiten-daemonen-spass/

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 02:10:18 AM »
I bought it for €3.60 ;D (thanks to this lovely little action).

I'm not really great at German either (read: I can only understand the parts that are the same as in Dutch), but I should be able to figure it out. Might be a while before it gets here though, because their shipping isn't very fast.

Offline ZeitDieb

• Page
  • I like Turtles
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 02:48:42 AM »
Translated the summary of the Pocket Gallery book! ^^'
-
We have one more surprise for you all!
For the manga-comic convention there's an extra dose of Blue Exorcist, because we publish an art book that has it all.
How does a real mangaka actually work ? How do you become an exorcist ? What type of Demon-Expeller are you ? Everything that you always wanted to know about Blue Exorcist ,you will find here in a book assembled.The Blue Exorcist Pocked Gallery offers you a total of 58 pages,many previously unpublished color illustrations. Besides, there's still a Colorations workshop and an exciting Blue-Exorcist Quiz including oracle notes( o-mikuji ,fortune-telling paper strips) to cut out for you. If this is still not convincing enough, a mini poster is also there. The Blue Exorcist Pocket Gallery will cost 4,50 € and is acquirable not only at the Con in Leipzig but also in the regular ComicTrade. (Not sure if I translated '' Comichandel'' right uhh..;; )

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 04:04:42 AM »
Photos from the Color Archive and the Pocket Gallery.

http://pika-chow.tumblr.com/post/83415498834
http://pika-chow.tumblr.com/post/83415898775
http://pika-chow.tumblr.com/post/83416041348

I also received the Pocket Gallery at home. It's really tiny! :o Smaller than a manga volume, and less than half a centimeter thick. It's a bit of a shame, since the big poster images don't really stand out that way.

It has a few pages of information and games at the back, I'll take photos tomorrow. Anybody speak German?

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 06:19:27 PM »
^Even I am in love with my Pocket gallery, while you mentioned that the small size isn't good for cover pictures, I watched it through again and you were right!
There are even on some pages with pictures I don't remember seen (2009-2010 Rin Yukio and Shiemi posters on one page, they are all small snippets) and what makes me even sadder is that I am quite sure I don't have them on my computer either :// (the mot ordinary I have in hq)
any suggestions where to find those online? I would rather not start buying old Jump SQs, it would be troublesome ^^"
~魔神の落胤~

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class

Offline Breakingchains49

• Amaimon FANBOY
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 12:28:21 AM »
I have the official movie book if you guys want more......