Author Topic: Going to Gehenna  (Read 9674 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Going to Gehenna
« on: June 18, 2013, 11:30:09 PM »
Someone on MF made a thread with a theory that Rin would get trapped in Gehenna and stay stuck there for a few years. While I believe this would be a bit drastic, it does make you wonder, when will they ever go to Gehenna? If Rin wants to defeat Satan, it's kind of unavoidable that he will need to go and face him at some point. But how will he get there? Will anyone be with him? What will they look like, in a world that is apparently non-material, or in any case not like the human world?

So many questions...

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
Re: Going to Gehenna
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:32:23 AM »
I am actually curious about how Gehena looks like... This whole thing of a royal family existing, the sons of Satan actually bearing the title of Kings... even if the demons we have seen so far are, well, far from humanoid or seemingly very intelligent (except for Amaimon, Mephisto and maybe Kuro and Izumo's Byakkos) I wouldn't rule it out the place is not that different from an "ancient" human empire in the way it works... nor I would rule out each demon king having its own city (in that sense, I imagine something like the old Greek state-city system)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:34:49 AM by HeavenlyArcher »

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »
I imagine Gehenna to be full of black goo and lost souls (like Mephisto showed us before). It would be cool if it's build up around circles like in the Divine Comedy.

Offline Chewy

• Eevees rock X3
  • Page
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
I know that 7 of the 8 demon kings are already confirmed, at the least.
If Rin goes there I think it'll be interesting enough, I know that me and my Nee-san do alot of roleplaying and we already have this huge idea that its gonna be like 8 small kingdoms surrounding a much larger one, then each kingdom corresponds with its king (Like Egyns is basically submerged in water, Iblises is like the fiery pits of he** you always hear about, Amaimons is a rocky and grassy area, etc.), then the middle is some over-exaggerated kingdom that Satan resides in.
Meh, whatever it looks like, it should be cool
(click to show/hide)
A picture my friend drew of me and my twin cos-playing as the Okumura twins, also for a fanfic called 'Blue Exorcist New World'

Top Four Characters (Not in order):
Yukio Okumura, Saburota Toudou, Mephisto Pheles, Renzou Shima

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:47:43 PM »
I know that 7 of the 8 demon kings are already confirmed, at the least.
If Rin goes there I think it'll be interesting enough, I know that me and my Nee-san do alot of roleplaying and we already have this huge idea that its gonna be like 8 small kingdoms surrounding a much larger one, then each kingdom corresponds with its king (Like Egyns is basically submerged in water, Iblises is like the fiery pits of he** you always hear about, Amaimons is a rocky and grassy area, etc.), then the middle is some over-exaggerated kingdom that Satan resides in.
Meh, whatever it looks like, it should be cool

I imagine the cities more like fortress, personally... with the demon kings playing the role of landlords like in the Middle Age and their subordinates live under the protection of the castle in exchange of working their asses off in farms and such... actually, what do demons eat? (Mephisto's instant ramen cannot be the standard... nor Amaimon's lollipops)

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 02:28:22 PM »
^ Do you think they feed on weaker demons? I can't really imagine them growing their own food

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »
Do they even need food? I'm still not convinced demons have real bodies.

Offline Chewy

• Eevees rock X3
  • Page
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »
When I think about the demons in Blue Exorcist I like to think that in Assiah they have no bodies, while in Gehennah they have true forms *Shrugs* I made a fanfic that involves Gehenna a lot and have thought out pretty much everything.
(click to show/hide)
A picture my friend drew of me and my twin cos-playing as the Okumura twins, also for a fanfic called 'Blue Exorcist New World'

Top Four Characters (Not in order):
Yukio Okumura, Saburota Toudou, Mephisto Pheles, Renzou Shima

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Yukio Fan Girl
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 08:31:06 PM »
I agree with Chewy; I think they have corporeal bodies in Gehenna, but only astral ones in Assiah. I do wonder if they leave their real bodies behind or if they are converted to a ghost-like form when then come here.

Honestly, I do not know if they will HAVE to go there. I really doubt they will. It seems more like a "they are trying to get here" story.
However, if they did go, I wonder if only Yukio and Rin would be able to (or only Rin). Would humans be incorporeal there? I feel like fighting Satan on his home turf would be a really bad move for Rin.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »
^ But do he have any other choice? Satan can't come to Assiah.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 10:24:28 PM »
Exactly. Fighting Satan on his home turf might be a really bad move for Rin, but what other choice does he have? Satan isn't gonna come to him, and even if he did, Rin would be forced to fight a possessed human rather than the demon himself. I don't think that's what he was aiming for.

Offline Paradox

• Intermediate Second Class
  • "Despite everything, it's still you."
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 11:32:25 AM »
^ I agree. As I see it, the only opportunity to kill a demon is in Gehenna. If you kill a demon in Assiah you just destroy its host. So they are able to reborn.

Haven't we seen a glimpse of Gehenna in chapter 39? It looks like the human side except the dark atmosphere and the objects and the building are covered with roots.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
^ I thought about that too, but it's only a small part of Gehenna, so we can't really be sure.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »
^ I agree. As I see it, the only opportunity to kill a demon is in Gehenna. If you kill a demon in Assiah you just destroy its host. So they are able to reborn.

Haven't we seen a glimpse of Gehenna in chapter 39? It looks like the human side except the dark atmosphere and the objects and the building are covered with roots.

Come to think of it... Wasn't it stated around the beginning of the manga that Assiah and Gehena are like two sides of a mirror and it was illustrated with a two mirrors that showed the same doll with slight changes between them?

So, maybe everything that exists here, also exists there...

Offline Kristen_SK

• Page
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 10:57:17 PM »
So, maybe everything that exists here, also exists there...

I wondered if that was being implied in chapter 39 when Mephisto gave Rin that little peak at Gehenna.  The mountain/structure Amaimon punches Rin off sure looks to have the same general shape as the school when we see it in full on page 32.