Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136097 times)

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2013, 12:19:24 AM »
renzou is a pervert alright. but most men are.
I'm not sure if you mean that. Generally the word "pervert" implies a tactless behavior. There's a difference between thinking "nice ass" and leering at a girl while saying "nice ass". One is normal and the other is disturbing, but again, culture differences.
well men arent perverted full time. but its too tempting not to be.
if not in public, theyre worst when they talk among each other.

where I come from even women are like that.
which can be sad if you like innocent girls because there is practically none.

but isnt it like that in every big cities now?

thinking about it, maybe its because of the people Im hanging with. I think I know a lot of people but theyre all the same. hahah well I cant chose thats the only people that accept to hang with me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:39:15 AM by chinonamida »

Offline evenwiththerain

• Junior First Class
  • i dont speak wind
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2013, 04:32:55 AM »
man, you guys went at it.

im conflicted reading all of your arguments, which are all very good. its kind of scary putting my input tho  :-[

to me, bon and izumo do make each others life miserable and annoy each other. Izumo enjoys getting bon angry, and vice versa. and i ship that, nothing wrong with it. now if i think it'll become canon? i doubt it. But i ship it because the saying 'there is one step from hate to love' or something like that, to me its just fun seeing bon and izumo interact.

i ship rinxizumo because of reasons not known even to myself. I guess I was able to understand izumo from the beggining rather than calling her a 'bitch' like most of the people putt her off as. most likely rinxshiemi will be endgame, because rin already has made it kind of canon, but im crossing my fingers, because there is so much potential and its just me. okei.dont listen, i dont know what im saying...

renzouxizumo, like some of you have stated, we dont know what shima is doing yet. we know he stabbed izumo to make her uncouncsious, and from my tumblr, i've seen people react differently in regards to shima's actions. to me, he is either, a good guy doing a bad thing that will later make sense to why he did said bad thing, or a guy that was always bad and showing his colors just now. I cant say the shimaxizumo ship has sinked, if anything, it has become intersting and angst driven, although we consider izumo's personality, and she may find it hard to forgive shima, if he ever is to be redemmed good again. this will bring us back to the beggining, where shima just admires izumo from afar and thus, the cute and second-most-popular ship(following rinxshiemi and taking away any boyxboy couples)will be back again and no one will care and go admire at how cute shiemi and rin are.

and to be honest, i love shiemi, but if she better stop friendzoning rin so much or at least give izumo the spotlight. gah, fangirl problems

sorry for all the typos, im just rambling and putting my two cents. i'll probably read this in the morning and it'll make no sense and im leaving now.ok.bei

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2013, 12:31:03 PM »
I already admitted that we can't be 100% of his guilt yet, but you're acting as if the mere idea of questioning his actions is unreasonable. What makes you so totally convinced he's a good guy, after everything we've seen?
I'm not, but we've also seen a lot to believe he is. I believe that the last chapter wasn't a great reveal of Shima's true nature, but rather shown one of his traits... probably his naivety or teenage rebellion went wrong.

Wait, you think "I'll murder you" face is a sign of a good relationship? People don't usually want to murder someone unless they're hurt or displeased.
No, I mean "I'll murder you" face isn't the same as "I'm hurting inside" face. You said you see pain in her eyes. I bet anything she didn't go back to her room to cry her eyes out after that scene.

Also, the problem is that "shut up, you creep" didn't work to deter him.
He isn't very persistent. He makes comments once in a while, she snaps back, everything goes back to normal till the next time she's dressed up. You could even say she is hurting him more than he "hurts" her.

Quote from: NeeNee
I'm with earthforge here. Calling after a girl after she made it clear she wants nothing to do with you is very disrespectful.
If they were mature and married - definitely. But Shima is teenage (perverted) boy who is not very good with girls and he likes this girl in his class. If he knew how to skillfully flirt her he would! His goal isn't to make her suffer, he wants to date her, that much is obvious to me.

Quote from: earthforge
Not really, no. It's like kicking someone in the balls. Maybe it was for their own good, but they won't be happy with you. Forgiveness varies from person to person. I think Izumo is the least forgiving, and she has a good reason to not trust or love someone who has betrayed her once.
So it's Izumo's fault that this ship won't sail. She needs to work on her issues as much as Renzou should on his flirting skills. If the stabbing will work for or against their relationship is debatable for me.

That's harassment here. Also -- don't insult the women of my country. That's like if I were to say that all Polish women are dirty sluts.
I was too harsh, I admit, but I'm still reporting this post.

I can't find a word for the attitude you seem to have towards boys making kissing noises, but it's way too harsh. They're impolite, immature and sometimes stupid but usually don't mean any harm and actually probably want to compliment the girl. Accusing them of abuse is unfair even if it is disturbing. A mature, self-confident woman ignores such behavior as she ignores burping. You can feel disgusted, yes, but feeling harassed, pained inside, abused?

How could she deter him permanently?
"It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight"

renzou is a pervert alright. but most men are.

I'm not sure if you mean that. Generally the word "pervert" implies a tactless behavior. There's a difference between thinking "nice ass" and leering at a girl while saying "nice ass". One is normal and the other is disturbing, but again, culture differences.
I'm pretty sure chino meant pervert as in "thinking and discussing nice ass". Some boys are just not ashamed to show this side of himself to the girls.

Fixed the quotes. ~NeeNee

Corrected fixed quotes. ~Anya
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:28:49 PM by Anya »

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »
All of you, please remember not to make this personal. We're having a discussion, not a fight.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »
So it's Izumo's fault that this ship won't sail. She needs to work on her issues as much as Renzou should on his flirting skills. If the stabbing will work for or against their relationship is debatable for me.
Yup, it wouldn't sail because of Izumo. But in my opinion, the onus is on Renzou to grovel and beg for forgiveness instead of Izumo to say "oh my, I have taken leave of my senses, how could I ever be angry at you for stabbing me! It was for my own good after all!"

One also makes for better dramatic tension than the other.

That's harassment here. Also -- don't insult the women of my country. That's like if I were to say that all Polish women are dirty sluts.
I was too harsh, I admit, but I'm still reporting this post.

Huh? I was saying it was like if I were to say that. If. I'm not trying to attack you or your country. I am just trying to backtrack the argument to be less angry.

I can't find a word for the attitude you seem to have towards boys making kissing noises, but it's way too harsh. They're impolite, immature and sometimes stupid but usually don't mean any harm and actually probably want to compliment the girl. Accusing them of abuse is unfair even if it is disturbing. A mature, self-confident woman ignores such behavior as she ignores burping. You can feel disgusted, yes, but feeling harassed, pained inside, abused?

Unforgiving? Unwarranted?

I can feel disgusted and wary if it's a one-time encounter (say, someone on the local public transit doing that -- as long as I can verify they aren't following me, I generally ignore them.) But if I were subjected to it on a daily basis by someone in my research group or club, I would get very disconcerted. I mock it gently and ask for it to stop at first, but if it continues, I personally would get nervous because they aren't listening to me. But don't get the wrong idea: I usually assess malevolence, mental illness, and cultural differences in concert with such behavior.

One time an Iranian community college student sent text messages repeatedly for six months after I chatted with him once. For reference, I was 14 years old, was attending community college far from home to take college-level classes, and grew up in a very sheltered community. After this incident, I realized that creepy students would try to approach me because I was clearly young, unaware and blonde. So I started keeping my hair in a bun and wearing a baseball cap. Did wonders for reducing the creepy approaches.

But there have also been times where I give the benefit of a doubt. I've ran into a couple freshman that were simply smitted with me. They don't bother me because they generally are good-natured. When I was on public transit, a lesbian politely asked me out. I felt awkward (as I would've had a straight man done so), but I didn't think that I was in danger of creepiness.

Kissy noises are extremely lacking in class here. It's juvenile and considered aberrant in the professional sphere.

No, really. Even if Izumo beat Renzou's head in and told him never to talk to her again, I don't think he would stop.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2013, 10:04:25 PM »
Yup, it wouldn't sail because of Izumo. But in my opinion, the onus is on Renzou to grovel and beg for forgiveness instead of Izumo to say "oh my, I have taken leave of my senses, how could I ever be angry at you for stabbing me! It was for my own good after all!"

One also makes for better dramatic tension than the other.
It depends on how you imagine it. Till now Izumo treated Shima like a wart or an empty-headed and generally useless pervert. Of course she could change, decide that she's growing old and she needs a man, or start liking his immature comments, he doesn't mean any harm after all...

But now she's forced to change her opinion on him. He's not so useless, controlling a high class demon while carrying her on his arm. Not so boring if he joined the enemy and stabbed her. Not so stupid if there's anything in the Illuminati worth fighting for. If it turns out he's a good guy after all (I know we don't know that) she will have to work out a new approach. Still angry at him (and for better reason - betraying her trust) but not treating him like something sticky on her shoe anymore.

Kissy noises are extremely lacking in class here. It's juvenile and considered aberrant in the professional sphere.
Definitely. School is not very professional though and full of immature people, so their behavior is not out of place. They're your age and has no power over you so it's not very creepy. I'd be furious if someone kept making kissy noises at me, but feeling hurt, harassed, abused or pained? Definitely not.

Speaking of different cultures, we don't really have them here, but there's an ancient tradition of greeting women by kissing their hands that for some reason won't die. And only very old and respectable guys still do it. It's not really disgusting, because they're faking it like when women kiss each others cheeks, but imagine a guy you work with who is 50 years older than you, or your own uncle or other elderly men you treat with greatest respect bowing to kiss your hand. I can't even protest because that would be impolite. I absolutely hate it. Still, I can't say I feel harassed, because that would be unfair.

No, really. Even if Izumo beat Renzou's head in and told him never to talk to her again, I don't think he would stop.
I think he would. But my point was, this fight they may actually enjoy. He likes teasing her, no matter how badly she treats him for that. She seems to enjoy calling him creep, pink head and such, even best friends often do that. Whatever is between them, it's not getting worse.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:06:34 PM by Anya »

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2013, 03:28:25 AM »
After reading all of your post I can say this is my general impression of what's going on with the Shima x Izumo fans (replace canon with "Chapter 48" and Tumblr with "Renzou x Izumo"):

Offline evenwiththerain

• Junior First Class
  • i dont speak wind
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2013, 07:12:13 PM »
^^^@heavenlyarcher
pretty much, a lot of dislike towards shima, but like they say, hope dies last. i feel spiritually connected with these gifs, this is how i feel!

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2013, 07:33:43 AM »
Wow, that Twilight stuff is worse than I thought. :-\

http://fus-ro-david.tumblr.com/post/59138064733/cabrenjamin-morivan-karideth

Yeah, definitely don't want to see that. Girls actually like this? What are they, masochists? I don't see anything desirable about a guy who treats you like a doll.

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
Really? Is there beating in the book, for example? I'd think that'd make the fangirls uneasy or something...

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2013, 02:21:18 PM »
I don't think there's any actual beating (never seen or read the series), but if he were to, say, grab her arm and roughly drag her with him, it would probably be enough to meet the criteria.

Most of them are about emotional abuse anyway. You know, humiliating her, telling her who she can and can't talk to. Physical abuse is really the last step.

Offline GolPhee

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2013, 07:46:12 PM »
There actually is a beating (read it before it got popular - didn't know what I was getting into). She sleeps with him and he gets carried away. Yeah women who get off on Twilight aren't doing themselves any favors in the battle for gender equality.

Offline Desktop Warrior

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2013, 08:13:07 PM »
Can't remember if I've commented here before, but the only pairings I like in this list (regardless of canonical possibility) are Rin/Shiemi and Suguro/Izumo. (Then, there's Rin/Godaiin, but that belongs in another thread.) That said, I don't think less of anyone else for what they ship.

Canonically, I doubt there'll be any romantic relationship. If there is one, it'll most likely be Rin/Shiemi in the last couple panels of the series, going by what I know of shounen manga. I think Shiemi already feels a bit of romantic attraction toward both twins, even if she doesn't realize it, and both of them are attracted to her to some degree. In addition, I think Izumo may start being attracted to Rin. How this all plays out, though, remains to be seen.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2013, 11:21:52 PM »
I'm shipping Lighting x Yuri so hard right now.

I feel like making it a thing.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2013, 12:02:37 AM »
^ Yes, do make it a thing. I'm starting to have some shipping love for it
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account