Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 135870 times)

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2013, 05:02:59 AM »
I don't think that rules out a possible ship happening way in the future (if Renzou redeems himself and whatnot).

But for now, yeah, the ship has sunk. Currently RenzouxIzumo has as much going for it as ToudouxMamushi did - which is nothing but creepiness.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Blightstrider

• Angelic Legion
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2013, 07:23:14 AM »
Hey, sinking the opposing ships makes my RinXIzumo sail all the more smoother.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2013, 06:02:52 PM »
^I dont think rin has more chances now. in truth, he probably has less.

now someone really betrayed her, izumo's trust issues might get worst. and towards everyone.

but anyway, its not like he cares about his chances with izumo.

. . . and if rin starts being interested in izumo now shes a damsel in distress, then his kink will become obvious.
hahahah xD  I hope he doesnt.

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »
I don't think that rules out a possible ship happening way in the future (if Renzou redeems himself and whatnot)
Yeah, exactly. Actually, we can't even be sure he needs redemption since we don't know for sure what's happening and why he did what he did. Sure, being stabbed is not nice, but is this ship really worse than Izumo/Bon slapping each other or actually Shima's older bro and Mamushi if it was for Izumo's own good?

. . . and if rin starts being interested in izumo now shes a damsel in distress, then his kink will become obvious.
hahahah xD  I hope he doesnt.
Kink, lol. I think he just likes Shiemi for her personality. But I see your point.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »
I don't think that rules out a possible ship happening way in the future (if Renzou redeems himself and whatnot)
Yeah, exactly. Actually, we can't even be sure he needs redemption since we don't know for sure what's happening and why he did what he did. Sure, being stabbed is not nice, but is this ship really worse than Izumo/Bon slapping each other or actually Shima's older bro and Mamushi if it was for Izumo's own good?

Izumo/Bon never had that many chances either. But yes, stabbing someone in the back while abducting her is definitely worse than taking a swing at a classmate. The latter is so minor it's barely worth a scolding, while the former is a serious crime (even if you do it to protect someone, kidnapping and assault are still highly illegal).

As for Shima's older bro and Mamushi, what are you even talking about? She literally said that she wouldn't think of being with him as a punishment, and it was strongly implied that they slept together the night before (without him forcing the matter). Are we comparing mutual love with kidnapping now? 'Cause it's really not the same thing, and it never will be.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2013, 11:14:32 PM »
Izumo/Bon never had that many chances either. But yes, stabbing someone in the back while abducting her is definitely worse than taking a swing at a classmate. The latter is so minor it's barely worth a scolding, while the former is a serious crime (even if you do it to protect someone, kidnapping and assault are still highly illegal).
Illegal or not is irrelevant.
Sometimes you need to do something illegal for your or other people's own good.
Renzou didn't harm izumo. And if in the end theres a really good explanation for what he did, I dont think she will hold it against him.

On the other hand, with ryuuji who manhandles izumo because he doesnt like her attitude, its obvious they resent each other.

Though, for juuzou and mamushi, no one can argue they don't like each other. :/

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2013, 12:15:01 AM »
^ He did harm her. He stabbed her. She's clearly hurting.

You could make a case for kidnapping, but there's no excuse for what he did there. If he wanted to keep her with him, he could just have told her to stay close to him; she trusted him, there's no reason to assume she wouldn't have done it. Instead, he attacked her, and in such a low way at that.

And then there's the whole 'murdering a classmate' thing, which I don't think Izumo would appreciate... besides, even if she doesn't hold it against him, there's still the fact that she hated his guts to begin with. Maybe she could learn to talk to him normally again (if he has a good explanation), but I honestly don't think any romance between those two will stand a chance...

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2013, 12:58:45 AM »
I'm feel stupid right now, so not that much in the mood for debate, but I'll still try.

ok T T
He did harm her. He stabbed her. She's clearly hurting.
He told her: It's alright *in a kind way*. This much will only make you faint.
I dont think it hurt or harmed her.
You could make a case for kidnapping, but there's no excuse for what he did there. If he wanted to keep her with him, he could just have told her to stay close to him; she trusted him, there's no reason to assume she wouldn't have done it. Instead, he attacked her, and in such a low way at that.
I know there are little chances he has a good reason.
But if we say he has one, along the lines of this theory
(click to show/hide)
then he might deserve to be forgiven.
And then there's the whole 'murdering a classmate' thing, which I don't think Izumo would appreciate...
if we go with the above theory, this could just be another lie.
besides, even if she doesn't hold it against him, there's still the fact that she hated his guts to begin with.
Thats nothing he can't work on. If thats the only problem left.
Maybe she could learn to talk to him normally again (if he has a good explanation), but I honestly don't think any romance between those two will stand a chance...
if he has a good explanation that can demonstrate it was all for izumo's own good (like anya said), I think it has as much chances as it had before this chapter, maybe more.

but I dont think it was for izumo's own good. so I dont think she'll forgive him.
unless she's the one who bring him back somehow.

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »
I'm actually completely on chino's side for once, haha :D And he said it all so well too.

Slapping each other, manhandling a girl proves complete lack of respect, is a disguising thing to do, a crime and I would feel sick to watch any relationship growing out of such behavior.

Now what did Shima actually do?
Did he stab her? No, the weapon doesn't hurt bodies. Did he hurt her soul? No, this much only made her unconscious. Did he kidnap her? No, he only didn't let her leave his side in a battle between unknown powerful enemies. Did he handle her without care or respect? Far from it, actually, he apologized, hold her with care and looked overall protective. Did he hit her in the back? Well, she was already running and the situation was rather dangerous. Would stabbing her in the chest be so much better or is it just nitpicking?

Now if anyone can prove that he did it because he wants to imprison/rape her/actually made her suffer in any way or let his boss do it - I'm all ears (eyes).

As for Shima's older bro and Mamushi, what are you even talking about? She literally said that she wouldn't think of being with him as a punishment, and it was strongly implied that they slept together the night before (without him forcing the matter).
I mean the cuts and bruises he had after another night. So it's a rough love, but I believe they do respect each other. It's not "shut up!-slap" kind of mutual love...

^ He did harm her. He stabbed her. She's clearly hurting.
She's intact and sleeping. Doesn't look dramatic, apart from drooling.

Yeah, right, she'd do as he told her, haha. He seemed to know much better than her what's going on there and what are their chances with enemies, so I'd say he was excused to do as he thought would be better, the fastest way he could think of. And 'low way'? Seriously, what's so good about being stabbed in the chest? He didn't have time to circle around her.

And then there's the whole 'murdering a classmate' thing, which I don't think Izumo would appreciate...
I think she would even less if said classmate didn't try to kill/kidnap her after luring her out with her sister's luck charm just a moment earlier.

besides, even if she doesn't hold it against him, there's still the fact that she hated his guts to begin with.
Like lame teenage flirting was the greatest obstacle for a normal relationship later on, ever.

Shima/Izumo reminds me a bit...... Twilight (it's still a better love story than Twilight). I didn't read or watch it so I might be mistaken but there's many hilarious reviews out there. So apparently what makes teenage girls swoon over Edward and love his relationship with Bella is how he forces his 'protection' on her. What would be toxic, oppressing kind of one-sided relationship in reality is perceived as knight and his damsel in distress by Twilight fans. So I wonder if Shima isn't meant to be the vampire in similar kind of relationship, only with a Bella (Izumo) who is actually a well-written and strong character. Ah, I probably didn't make myself clear, again.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:09:17 PM by Anya »

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2013, 07:31:38 PM »
Slapping each other, manhandling a girl proves complete lack of respect, is a disguising thing to do, a crime and I would feel sick to watch any relationship growing out of such behavior.

Haha! Well, that's funny. I would feel the same way about Izumo getting a relationship with that dirty backstabber.

Now what did Shima actually do?
Did he stab her? No, the weapon doesn't hurt bodies. Did he hurt her soul? No, this much only made her unconscious. Did he kidnap her? No, he only didn't let her leave his side in a battle between unknown powerful enemies. Did he handle her without care or respect? Far from it, actually, he apologized, hold her with care and looked overall protective. Did he hit her in the back? Well, she was already running and the situation was rather dangerous. Would stabbing her in the chest be so much better or is it just nitpicking?

Now if anyone can prove that he did it because he wants to imprison/rape her/actually made her suffer in any way or let his boss do it - I'm all ears (eyes).

He attacked her with violence, rather than just asking to stay close to him. If that's not lack of care and respect, I don't know what is.

Also, we have every reason to believe that he is out to kidnap her.

Shima/Izumo reminds me a bit...... Twilight (it's still a better love story than Twilight). I didn't read or watch it so I might be mistaken but there's many hilarious reviews out there. So apparently what makes teenage girls swoon over Edward and love his relationship with Bella is how he forces his 'protection' on her. What would be toxic, oppressing kind of one-sided relationship in reality is perceived as knight and his damsel in distress by Twilight fans. So I wonder if Shima isn't meant to be the vampire in similar kind of relationship, only with a Bella (Izumo) who is actually a well-written and strong character. Ah, I probably didn't make myself clear, again.

I hope not, because then I will probably just stop reading the series. There are plenty of teenage girls that swoon over rape as well, but many more people are turned off by it. I believe a mainstream shonen author like Kato should have the brains to realise that the people who like that kind of stuff are a very select public, and that catering to them would cost her more readers than it would gain (especially since AnE wasn't meant for crazy fangirls to begin with).

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2013, 09:04:03 PM »
Fun fun!

Izumo and Bon choose to fight each other. Izumo takes potshots at Bon by mocking his ambitions and general nastiness. Bon takes potshots at her in like kind. Neither is taking advantage of the other. There is no deception. There is hostility, but it is distilling to mutual respect. Their relationship is heading towards Vitriolic Best Buds.

But Renzou... Renzou has never fought on Izumo's terms. She has made it clear that she can't stand him but she trusted him enough to leave the battle to him. Renzou took advantage of that trust, knocking her out and seeking to deliver her to the hands of the Illuminati.

We don't know if Renzou is being coerced or controlled. But he did betray her. Izumo has always been afraid of the pain of betrayal. She has avoided that by acting like the biggest bitch in the room and trusting no one. That way she wouldn't be upset if anyone betrayed her.

Renzou hit her in her most vulnerable spot - her trust.

I understand what you're getting at, but a good rule of thumb: never compare something to Twilight. I'd be slammed with the tomatoes of the internet in seconds if I made such a comparison on Tumblr.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2013, 10:19:51 PM »
^ ^^
What you two dont seem to understand is Anya talk about it from the perspective of shima having good intentions.

There is hostility, but it is distilling to mutual respect. Their relationship is heading towards Vitriolic Best Buds.
I think, the only thing they respect is how hardheaded each other are.
Other than that, theyre highly disrespectful.

We don't know if Renzou is being coerced or controlled.
I see you dont like my theory.
edit: the one about renzou choosing to be a spy on his own.
not the one about renzou being a good guy.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:22:16 PM by chinonamida »

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »
Haha! Well, that's funny. I would feel the same way about Izumo getting a relationship with that dirty backstabber.
We don't have any information yet who is the good guy in that fight and what Shima has in mind.

He attacked her with violence, rather than just asking to stay close to him. If that's not lack of care and respect, I don't know what is.
Again. After her speech about being done with being a damsel she would agree to stay behind his back?

Please.

It was obvious that he had better understanding of the situation and he was the only one capable of fighting Takara. He decided he had a good reason to stab her and I am absolutely sure he didn't do it because he wanted to harm her.

We also have every reason to believe the Order is led by two disguising brutal douchebags as opposed to honorable and composed family guys from Illuminati. Even if Shima is Illuminati spy, I'll save my judgment till we know something more.

I hope not, because then I will probably just stop reading the series.
You would? I'm curious.

Izumo and Bon choose to fight each other. Izumo takes potshots at Bon by mocking his ambitions and general nastiness. Bon takes potshots at her in like kind. Neither is taking advantage of the other. There is no deception. There is hostility, but it is distilling to mutual respect. Their relationship is heading towards Vitriolic Best Buds.
I got lost when vicious slapping was meant to turn into respect. I mean, it's fiction and everything may happen but manhandling isn't what I would call a step towards respect.

But Renzou... Renzou has never fought on Izumo's terms. She has made it clear that she can't stand him but she trusted him enough to leave the battle to him. Renzou took advantage of that trust, knocking her out and seeking to deliver her to the hands of the Illuminati.
For a start, Renzou never fought Izumo, period, if that may be an argument here. He was annoying, yes, is that a crime?
Second, if it's about "OMG I TRUSTED YOUUU!" then I tend to not take offense if the "betrayal" saves my life in process or at least was meant to help me. And again, I'm not sure Shima is the bad guy here, even if he does plan to take her to his boss.

But he did betray her. Izumo has always been afraid of the pain of betrayal.    Renzou hit her in her most vulnerable spot - her trust.
The smell of emo in the morning.  :-\

I understand what you're getting at, but a good rule of thumb: never compare something to Twilight. I'd be slammed with the tomatoes of the internet in seconds if I made such a comparison on Tumblr.
I'm not on tumblr. Don't point them in my direction :D

^ ^^
What you two dont seem to understand is Anya talk about it from the perspective of shima having good intentions.
Why, thank you. Not only Shima may have good intentions (which I believe even many criminals have). He may actually be a good guy here. We don't know it yet. And I wouldn't judge his motifs only on how he hurt someone's feelings in the middle of a difficult battle.

I haven't yet seen any sign of respect between the two. Unless it's not fighting for a week or two.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »
We don't have any information yet who is the good guy in that fight and what Shima has in mind.

Well, we know that Shima is working for an organisation that loves to set giant poisonous demons loose at unsuspecting cities, that he refrained from using his abilities in a situation where this could have saved lives, and that he didn't hesitate to try and murder a fellow student. Even if we can't be 100% sure of his intentions yet, it's hardly true that we don't have any information at all - and the information we do have all points in the same direction.

Again. After her speech about being done with being a damsel she would agree to stay behind his back?

Please.

It was obvious that he had better understanding of the situation and he was the only one capable of fighting Takara. He decided he had a good reason to stab her and I am absolutely sure he didn't do it because he wanted to harm her.

Better understanding of the situation? Takara was never planning to hurt Izumo. He wasn't even on the attack anymore when Shima made that move. Even if you argue that Shima thought what he did was best, our perspective makes it clear that the move was totally unnecessary - if he was doing it to protect Izumo.

And besides, why was it necessary for Izumo to stay close to him in the first place? If he was the only one capable of fighting Takara (who, again, wasn't even fighting anymore), he could have kept him busy while Izumo got away. It was pretty clear that there were plenty of other exorcists nearby that could have helped protecting her once she went calling for help.

We also have every reason to believe the Order is led by two disguising brutal douchebags as opposed to honorable and composed family guys from Illuminati. Even if Shima is Illuminati spy, I'll save my judgment till we know something more.

Honorable and composed..? Are you talking about Toudou? :o You do remember that the Illuminati were prepared to wipe out the entire city of Kyoto with their little Impure King debacle, right?

The Order isn't perfect, but we have yet to see them contemplate mass murder of innocent citizens.

Also, fighting bad guys doesn't necessarily make you a good guy. It's very possible that the Order and the Illuminati are both full of douchebags. In fact, from what we've seen so far, it seems likely.

I hope not, because then I will probably just stop reading the series.
You would? I'm curious.

If she would include a Kidnapper/abuser/stalker x helpless victim pairing and picture it as a healthy relationship? Oh yes. This is the reason why I have to search long and hard to find any yaoi manga suiting my taste (yaoi authors have this weird interpretation of consent), but it's also something I don't compromise on.

But I don't think I have to worry too much. Yukio & Rin already have the overprotective, slightly abusive love-hate relationship covered, and it isn't seen as a good thing.

I got lost when vicious slapping was meant to turn into respect. I mean, it's fiction and everything may happen but manhandling isn't what I would call a step towards respect.

Izumo is the one who did the vicious slapping. And she isn't much nicer to Shima, so... I think you're blowing holes in your own ship here.

For a start, Renzou never fought Izumo, period, if that may be an argument here. He was annoying, yes, is that a crime?
Second, if it's about "OMG I TRUSTED YOUUU!" then I tend to not take offense if the "betrayal" saves my life in process or at least was meant to help me. And again, I'm not sure Shima is the bad guy here, even if he does plan to take her to his boss.

We have no indication at all that the Order was planning to hurt her, so... how exactly did he save her life? What was he protecting her from? If it was just from Takara, there would be no reason to take her to anyone but Shura (and we know Takara wasn't really trying to hurt her in the first place).

^ ^^
Why, thank you. Not only Shima may have good intentions (which I believe even many criminals have). He may actually be a good guy here. We don't know it yet. And I wouldn't judge his motifs only on how he hurt someone's feelings in the middle of a difficult battle.

That's... not really the issue here.

We know Shima doesn't care about hurting her feelings. He does it all the time. But when you go from minor stalking to kidnapping and attempted murder, you can't just wave it away as teenager stuff anymore.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »

They manhandle each other. That's why I think they understand what they are getting into whenever they interact. Heck, I think they even find it fun. My estimation is that they will become Vitriolic Best Buds. They aren't there yet, but I think they'll get there soon. But I think they do respect each other at least at a low level -- something must have kept them from killing each other.

I refer to the "merry" war he wages with Izumo (Much Ado About Nothing reference). I consider that another kind of fight, but that's just me.

Ah, but you don't have crippling trust issues that makes you act like a total bitch who deliberately alienates everyone.

Renzou might or might not be a bad guy. I like chino's view that Renzou might've chose this, though I don't want it to overlap with Yukio's arc.

I'm not on tumblr. Don't point them in my direction :D

Neither am I. I'm also not on reddit or gawker. I just observe the crazy in all. It helps to have a redditor brother and a Gawker mom always going at it with the most bullshit of talking points.

I haven't yet seen any sign of respect between the two. Unless it's not fighting for a week or two.

But they *love* fighting each other. They wouldn't do it if it wasn't fun.

We also have every reason to believe the Order is led by two disguising brutal douchebags as opposed to honorable and composed family guys from Illuminati.

You are... saying... that Toudou is a family guy?

Mr. "I hate my family too so we're like totally the same bro! Plus, you're totally like a demon and stuffs!"?