Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 135855 times)

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
  • Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #600 on: March 04, 2018, 07:09:50 PM »
^Hahha good job, you have a great point. But I didn't mean (of my dialog) it would happen at the time of ch. 99, but much more later when everything is settled and when everyone is already in a relationship. Of course this are just my ramblings and ofc I can dream, but I think we won't see any of this scenarios actually happen. Maybe it would turn out just like in anime where everyone stayed friends.
"Win a place for yourself in this world."- Shura Kirigakure

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #601 on: March 04, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »
chino, wow. I think that's pretty darn close. Except that I think Yukio would believe that Rin could learn to control himself. He thinks Rin is perfect, after all. Yukio doesn't believe he can do that because he's defective.

Honestly, I'm also conflicted on what romance is better. I like both YukiShu and YukiShie for different reasons. It's hard to say how Yukio will turn out by the end of all this. Shura's and Shiemi's development is much easier to predict. Shiemi is getting stronger, more forthright, but also less self-centered, like how Rin is learning. (I really do like chino's point about how Shiemi and Rin both do nice things because they like to do it, which isn't necessarily a good thing to do all the time.) Shura is catching up on twenty-seven years of only keeping ties she wouldn't mind leaving, so her growth is more reexamining how to live. She's a secondary character though.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #602 on: March 05, 2018, 01:00:09 AM »
Just wanted to show you this...

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #603 on: March 05, 2018, 08:53:04 PM »
Except that I think Yukio would believe that Rin could learn to control himself. He thinks Rin is perfect, after all. Yukio doesn't believe he can do that because he's defective.
Yeah, you're right. Yukio seems to be trusting Rin with Shiemi more than he's trusting himself with her (edit: not just Shiemi, but everyone).

If Yukio really thought those criticisms applied not only to him but to Rin too, he would have told Rin already...

No, wait...

The criticisms are (1) I'm/you're a danger to people, (2) I/you can't change that, (3) I/you have dangerous enemies, (4) I/you can't protect allies.

Yukio did criticize Rin in the past for his flames being dangerous and that using them was a slippery slope. But at some point he stopped those criticisms and started wanting flames himself.

For the two last points though, it is more a concern Yukio has for himself and not for Rin.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:22:51 PM by chinonamida »

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #604 on: March 05, 2018, 10:20:58 PM »
^True that! And it all started with encountering Lucifer!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:33:11 AM by Kannra21 »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2018, 05:56:24 AM »
^ Well, to be specific... initially Yukio was peeved because Rin was busy dorking around by going "oooh nuuu i can't kill zombies", which directly put his teammates at risk.

But honestly, It's more that Yukio was sick of being constantly at the mercy of creepy old men demons.

Except that I think Yukio would believe that Rin could learn to control himself. He thinks Rin is perfect, after all. Yukio doesn't believe he can do that because he's defective.
Yeah, you're right. Yukio seems to be trusting Rin with Shiemi more than he's trusting himself with her (edit: not just Shiemi, but everyone).

If Yukio really thought those criticisms applied not only to him but to Rin too, he would have told Rin already...

No, wait...

The criticisms are (1) I'm/you're a danger to people, (2) I/you can't change that, (3) I/you have dangerous enemies, (4) I/you can't protect allies.

Yukio did criticize Rin in the past for his flames being dangerous and that using them was a slippery slope. But at some point he stopped those criticisms and started wanting flames himself.

Yukio said everything back in the Whale Arc: "if I were in your shoes, I would've gone crazy". His argument with Rin then was partially based in his own terror of what was happening to him.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2018, 12:06:47 PM »
^But as far back as chapter 2, Yukio was already telling Rin he was a danger to others, and back then he had no idea he himself had demonic powers or anything of the sort.

But honestly, It's more that Yukio was sick of being constantly at the mercy of creepy old men demons.
That's not even a joke.

Who would have known it would come down to this. X)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 12:16:34 PM by chinonamida »

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #607 on: March 07, 2018, 01:01:57 AM »

No, wait...

Yukio said everything back in the Whale Arc: "if I were in your shoes, I would've gone crazy". His argument with Rin then was partially based in his own terror of what was happening to him.
^But as far back as chapter 2, Yukio was already telling Rin he was a danger to others, and back then he had no idea he himself had demonic powers or anything of the sort.
I think chapter 2 is a special case since it was the first time Yukio confirmed Rin can stay conscious when using blue flame. What Yukio was saying until Kraken arc is pretty normal to me. He meant they don't really know the mechanism of Rin's flame and how (or whether) it's going to affect Rin's mind. Moreover he thought Rin didn't take it seriously. Tbh, he wasn't wrong. (And I think Shura actually thought of the same things, but as an adult, Shura knew they can't escape from the problems and Rin has to master his skills by practicing.) Yukio didn't take it too far like Rin should never use his flame, for example Yukio asked Rin to help him in chapter 3, and he didn't complain when Rin used blue flame to fought Naberuis. He only became unsettled after Rin went berserk in the forest and Rin punched Bon in Kyoto. Since the nine-tail arc Yukio was somehow convinced the blue flame is controllable, and that's why he tried to awaken his own power by suicide training. Until he found Satan is there. IMO he doesn't think Rin or himself is dangerous to Shiemi or other people, but Satan is dangerous.

IMO Shiemi obviously doesn't love either of them before volume 16, and it's clearly explained in the school festival arc. (She saw Yukio as some kind of idol when they met, but idol is different from love and she already knew Yukio isn't perfect in Kraken arc.)
At that same time, she had the same realization about Rin too, didn't she? I don't know why many people keep mentioning Shiemi is looking up to Yukio, while ignoring she's also looking up to Rin and the others. That's the main reason why she rejected Rin; because she doesn't want to go out with someone if she can't feel they're on the same level.
But then she specifically thought Yukio isn't perfect either, so I think that's the most important thing Kato intended to show us there.

Rin regains confidence not only because Shiemi, but also because Izumo, Bon, and especially Koneko.
Don't forget Renzou. At the start of the Kyoto arc, while Shiemi, Ryuuji, and Koneko were all avoiding Rin, Renzou was chilling with him, introducing him to his brothers, and making plans to go to the beach. Renzou also helped convince Koneko that Rin is a good guy and isn't responsible for his father's crimes. I never understood why back then Rin thought so highly of Koneko and so low of Renzou; it felt forced by the authors for some obscure reasons.
Note Rin doesn't know Koneko's conversation with Renzou and doesn't remember his conversation with Renzou that night, so I regard Renzou's part (introducing him to his brothers and planning to invite girls to swimming) played a less significant role in how Rin regained confidence. (Though I do think it means something that Rin's attitude to Renzou is kind of weird throughout the story. I might elaborate it later)

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #608 on: March 07, 2018, 04:45:30 AM »
Moreover, despite it seems like RinShi make each other better while YukiShi do not, and even Yukio might think so, I actually disagree. Shiemi's improvement is a combined effect of Rin, Yukio, and even Izumo. Rin regains confidence not only because Shiemi, but also because Izumo, Bon, and especially Koneko. When looking at RinShi alone, I actually feel their relation stuck

While Rin stated that it was thanks to everyone that they managed to defeat the Impure King (as I'm gonna assume this is what you're referring to), he specifically stated that thinking of Shiemi gave him encouragement, and we even saw that she was in Ch. 33. That in and of itself holds more weight than the others collectively helping him, because she was the catalyst.

I can't agree with their relationship being stuck. Not when they've been significant forces in each other's lives that helped pushed them to where they are now as individuals. That's not to say that the other Exwires haven't been (like Bon and Izumo) but the others, imo, simply don't have that same type of influence on these two as they have on each other. The problem is they just don't recognize the influence because both Rin and Shiemi have low self-esteem/confidence when it comes to how they view themselves.

But, to each their own in this regard. We all have different outlooks on it.

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #609 on: March 07, 2018, 09:10:25 AM »
RinShi will happen 100%, this is the most possible ship of them all. If this doesn't happen then everyone would stay friends due to manga/anime ratings for age I guess... Or I'm wrong? Dunno. I also like Renzumo they're also very likely to happen if Shima doesn't die or anything. Hope Izumo will change her mind about him and manage to forgive him somehow. I really love those two pairings! I would be really glad if they happen and everyone becomes happy. I wish for their happiness! <3

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #610 on: March 07, 2018, 12:27:32 PM »
i just wish yukishi the best  tbh haha. ( im out of topic).

Offline alice

• Page
  • i may not be perfect but at least i am not fake
« Reply #611 on: March 07, 2018, 12:46:28 PM »
as a psychologist... I think that this manga ending scene is that ... rin and Yukio is enjoying their daily life ...everything is normal and shiemie is also visited them... I don't think that the writer gonna show any couple ending......because shiemie think she is young for any kind of love... because this manga faces a psychological issue so I think it ends when the issue resolved......because this comic is brother oriented...
time does not heal anything
it just teach us how to
live with the pain

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #612 on: March 07, 2018, 01:03:53 PM »
as a psychologist... I think that this manga ending scene is that ... rin and Yukio is enjoying their daily life ...everything is normal and shiemie is also visited them... I don't think that the writer gonna show any couple ending......because shiemie think she is young for any kind of love... because this manga faces a psychological issue so I think it ends when the issue resolved......because this comic is brother oriented...
i too think kato won't go down the happy ending couple trope. but i t would be nice that along the way of all this load the twins are carrying; as a special part of their lives they find comfort in a warm hug,  a gentle ( or angsty) kiss here and there. man. real shipping goodness.

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #613 on: March 07, 2018, 02:02:17 PM »
Honestly, I think Shiemi will eventually pair up with one of the twins. As of right now, I would say it'd be Rin. But she'll definitely get more development with Yukio in the future, and maybe something will come of it.

At this point in time, I see Rin being fine with Yukio having Shiemi in order to keep the peace between them. Yukio, however, I don't think would be able to stand seeing Shiemi together with Rin.

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #614 on: March 07, 2018, 04:17:28 PM »
Honestly, I think Shiemi will eventually pair up with one of the twins. As of right now, I would say it'd be Rin. But she'll definitely get more development with Yukio in the future, and maybe something will come of it.

At this point in time, I see Rin being fine with Yukio having Shiemi in order to keep the peace between them. Yukio, however, I don't think would be able to stand seeing Shiemi together with Rin.

I feel the same about this. At this point, I don't even think of it in terms of who's best suited for who anymore, because it's a never-ending argument. It really all boils down to who Shiemi chooses to be with, since it's already been established that both Rin and Yukio have feelings for her. I do believe that she has romantic feelings for Rin. Nothing about her rejecting him made me think she doesn't.

I wonder if Yukio will ever confess. I hope he does, so that if she does reject him, he can move on. But really, I want Yukio to be more open about his feelings, and his feelings towards Shiemi is definitely one of them. As for Katou concluding the romance, I think it'd be bad writing on her part not to do anything with it, after she's developed it since Ch. 3. It wouldn't make a lick of sense.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:20:54 PM by gokusdonut »