Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 135826 times)

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
  • Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #570 on: February 25, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »
^Yea that's true but he didn't have enough guts back there-_- jeez Yukio needs some help...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:14:13 PM by Kannra21 »
"Win a place for yourself in this world."- Shura Kirigakure

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #571 on: February 25, 2018, 08:20:42 PM »
^Well, I would say "conviction" instead of "guts". He wasn't sure what was the right thing to do. And "when in doubt, it is best to refrain".

Though shooting him would have lead to nothing but bad things. Knowing that wouldn't have killed him.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:24:03 PM by chinonamida »

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #572 on: February 25, 2018, 08:46:00 PM »
^Yukio had always known that the hatred he felt towards Rin would never be suitable for their relationship.

Yukio is very torn apart about whether he wants to be a brother to him or something else (professor, protector he promised to Shiro, a rival in love and an enemy as an exorcist to a demon). It's easier for Rin cuz he'll always remain his brother.

(click to show/hide)

Yukio doesn't even know what to feel about Rin at all and therefore their relationship is very sad. I want Kato to make a happy ending or I'm going to fall in tears.-_-
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:21:41 AM by Kannra21 »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #573 on: February 26, 2018, 02:48:38 AM »
I agree Shura seems to have some sort of a crush on Yukio. But Yukio seems to sincerely see her as a colleague and a childhood friend.

Interesting. I saw it as the opposite, that Yukio has a unrealized crush on her that he ignores (complimenting her hair, this hilarious moment from the Whale arc, the roundabout way of asking if she was going on a date on Christmas Eve) while Shura sees him and Rin as like the younger brothers she never had.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline HorseTechie

• Junior Second Class
  • Braaaaainnnsss!
« Reply #574 on: February 26, 2018, 05:01:31 AM »
@tandem (I apologize, too many quote boxes to sort out!)

Yes, you made good points with your reasons for how Yukio perceives his relationship with Shiemi. (I will add I can not see the links in the original post from Kato and Mephisto, all those older links are broken now, or my phone hates Manga fox ).

It just seems in those instances in the manga when Yukio is reflecting back on his younger days with Shiemi, it seems to have the air of resentment. Regret. Sure, he has given up on her as a possible love interest now. But I see this that Yukio HAD developed a fondness for Shiemi, but then soon hated himself for liking her. Because it is like he didn't want to have someone close to worry about, or to be worrying about him.  He rather be alone, than to go through the weakening feels of love... and losing love.  So he protects her from him by keeping the distance like that.

The only thing that is hard to tell for certain is how Yukio feels about Rin falling for Shiemi. On the outside, he seems 'okay', but... I'm sure if Yukio doesnt want to be that close to her, having her around because of Rin keeping her close doesn't help. It reminds him of too much that he could not have control over.  The love (friendship?) triangle is not a perfect one by usual definition.  She likes them both as a friend (since Shiemi is not yet sure about loving Rin). Rin wants to love her, while Yukio wants to cut off all romantic/intimate platonic relations from her because that level of commitment scares/bothers him.  And of course, having Satan talk about her, that wasn't going to happen either!  (Seems to not have any opinion on Animamon's attention with Shiemi though... )

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #575 on: February 26, 2018, 07:51:28 AM »

Yea and that's the way an older sister thinks about her younger brother, sure...

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #576 on: February 26, 2018, 03:01:02 PM »
That's not what happened with Shura. She only questioned him about what he was doing and about his eye, while he kept completely silent.
I think that's also because Shura is much better at dealing with people, especially with Yukio (happened several times). While Rin/Shiemi/Bon each has their flaw on communication (also happened several times)

I'm surprised that Shiemi didn't blush at that moment or gave us any sign such as her mental though: "OMG he's hugging me, he's hugging me, what should I do now?!" But no, she did exactly what a good friend would do, giving him her moral support.
Shiemi never knows that behavior is also a sign of possible love interest since it seems like she isn't even aware Yukio likes her. She probably thinks it means Yukio is in serious trouble.

And I don't really count her response as some support (as chino already explained earlier), although she said that because she is concerned about Yukio
She failed at supporting him, but she at least tried. The things she said and did before turning the conversation around were all great support. She only botched the final.
Yes I meant the final ones. Before that, she was like how she has succeeded two years ago.

After reviewing chapter 93 I just realized, she probably isn't quite sure whether Yukio felt better after the conversation two years ago. So she thinks she might fail last time, but not this time. Unfortunately it's actually the opposite.

it seems weird to say there is any "competition" or "love triangle" when only one of the three (I mean Rin) was actively pursuing love interest
Rin thought Shiemi liked Yukio, while Yukio thought Shiemi liked Rin. Even if they were wrong, they both thought the other had what they wanted, that's what makes people compete with each other.
Plus, regardless whether they are actively pursuing or not or whether they are aware of the others feelings or not, the fact remains that both Rin and Yukio love Shiemi, which inevitably makes this a love triangle.
Maybe it's a love triangle, but I wouldn't call it a competition because if you are competing, I suppose it means you work hard for it. But neither of them works hard to pursue love.

On the outside, he seems 'okay', but... I'm sure if Yukio doesnt want to be that close to her, having her around because of Rin keeping her close doesn't help.
Yukio is jealous of Rin. When he spoke with Toudou near the end of the Kyoto arc, there was that scene where he was remembering all the things Rin was or had that he thought where better than what he was or had, and he was wondering why he can't be like that or have those things. That's what I would call jealousy. And there's also that time at the end of the Giant Whale arc (or was it somewhere else?) when Rin said he's going to surpass Yukio, and Yukio thinks "that's my line". There are plenty of other example, but to me it's clear Yukio wants to become a better person, and he wishes he was the kind of person who can be a good brother, a good friend, a good love partner or husband, but he doesn't think he can, at least right now.
OK, that's a little complicated. When I say "he was not jealous" I just mean the Shiemi part, not including other parts. Yukio does envy Rin's personality (what you described as "a better person"), so he thinks he also wishes to surpass Rin. Even though Shiemi is included in those flashback as Kannra21 quoted, the major part was the little dog Shiro. I would say Yukio started to think about it long before he knew Shiemi. And although Yukio's complex thoughts about Rin was first revealed at IK arc, at that time we aren't even sure whether he loves Shiemi. My point is, "Yukio envies Rin's personality" and "Yukio cut off the possibility to have romantic with Shiemi" aren't really the same thing. If Shiemi doesn't exist, Yukio will still envy Rin for other events. If Rin doesn't exist, Yukio will still hesitate to start any relationship because he hates himself.

However, things changed a little in chapter 93. IMO it's the first time we see Yukio envying Rin's relationship with Shiemi. Though I think that's mostly subconscious. Consciously he thinks he's OK or even kind of push Rin and Shiemi together.

(I will add I can not see the links in the original post from Kato and Mephisto, all those older links are broken now, or my phone hates Manga fox ).
Mangafox is weird these days, so that's why I changed the links to mangapanda

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #577 on: February 26, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »

If that wasn't obvious I don't know what is anymore:p

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #578 on: February 26, 2018, 07:43:24 PM »
I agree Shura seems to have some sort of a crush on Yukio. But Yukio seems to sincerely see her as a colleague and a childhood friend.

Interesting. I saw it as the opposite, that Yukio has a unrealized crush on her that he ignores (complimenting her hair, this hilarious moment from the Whale arc, the roundabout way of asking if she was going on a date on Christmas Eve) while Shura sees him and Rin as like the younger brothers she never had.
I don't remember well the scene about him complimenting her hair. The scene at the beach was hilarious, but I think he was able to do that exactly because he treats her indifferently and like a childhood friend; I don't think that's Yukio's style of flirting, that may be more like Renzou. After he asked if she had a date on christmas, and she said she was going to a gokon or a miai, IDR, he was like "Good luck. See ya"; that doesn't sound concerned...

I somewhat agree Shura sees Rin and Yukio as some sort of younger brothers, or rather I'd say she sees Yukio as a childhood friend, a colleague, and the son of Shirou, while she sees Rin as her student and the son of Shirou. But in the end, they are not blood related and the older they get, the less the age difference shows. The fact Yukio and Shura are friends (or some sort of family) is making it difficult to get romantic. It would be dramatic if she ended up falling completely for him.

(Seems to not have any opinion on Animamon's attention with Shiemi though... )
Not sure what you mean but, Yukio wasn't even there at the camp when Amaimon abducted Shiemi, and he wasn't there neither when in the school Amaimon called her his wife and attacked her when she tried to defend Rin. And recently, when he kicked her, Ryuuji and Izumo reacted before Yukio could do anything.

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #579 on: February 26, 2018, 09:56:58 PM »
^Here's the page of complimenting her hair:

(click to show/hide)

Yes, I have to admit that I agree with you! It's not in Yukio's style to confesses first but I think it's not in Shura's style to do so either... I don't know, I think it's going to happen very suddenly and abruptly.

They would be such a blushing mess!XD
Now when I think about it, we have never seen them blushing so hard (anime/manga), it would be really sweet aww!!^^<3

But this look somehow says to me that she admires him very much:

(click to show/hide)

+ I think that those pages even mirror each other:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

lol looks like Shura will just switch from Shiro to YukioXD

(Seems to not have any opinion on Animamon's attention with Shiemi though... )

Amaimon is sick and I hate him, but I have some kind of weird feeling that he might have something to do with my theory of Shiemi and The Garden of Amahara (arranged/forced marriage?). Everyone would be broken but I think that twins would be the most, especially Rin... -_-

If The Garden of Amahara were Amaimon's residence, does this mean that the place is not really sacred, but haunted?! Ooohhh many dark options are opening hehe! >:-)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:24:13 AM by Kannra21 »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #580 on: February 27, 2018, 12:07:55 AM »
The scene at the beach was hilarious, but I think he was able to do that exactly because he treats her indifferently and like a childhood friend; I don't think that's Yukio's style of flirting, that may be more like Renzou.

I mean, I don't think Yukio was intending to flirt, but it struck me as hella weird that he did /that/ if he honestly just viewed her as a friend. XD

After he asked if she had a date on christmas, and she said she was going to a gokon or a miai, IDR, he was like "Good luck. See ya"; that doesn't sound concerned...

I'll admit that I'm probably reading too much into it. I found it interesting he specifically asked if she was going on a date at all. Like, why would his mind be there? I usually assume people busy on Christmas Eve have some event or something, not necessarily a date. But it could just be a usual snark from him about Shura's iffy love life.

As for Yukio not sounding concerned, he does that a lot. Hearing that he has no chance is no surprise and doesn't bother him because his self-esteem is that bad. Plus, if I'm right, he doesn't even recognize he has a crush on her, so it doesn't even occur to him to feel miffed that she's going to such an event. It's more of a "oh, good for you".

But in the end, they are not blood related and the older they get, the less the age difference shows. The fact Yukio and Shura are friends (or some sort of family) is making it difficult to get romantic. It would be dramatic if she ended up falling completely for him.

I guess that's why I really love kannra's premise of the two reuniting six years after the series and getting closer. Fixes the age difference problem and allows them to reset their relationship.

Yes, I have to admit that I agree with you! It's not in Yukio's style to confesses first but I think it's not in Shura's style to do so either... I don't know, I think it's going to happen very suddenly and abruptly.

They would be such a blushing mess!XD
Now when I think about it, we have never seen them blushing so hard (anime/manga), it would be really sweet aww!!^^<3

I imagine it'd be like this scene from Star Trek DS9, which also features a fiery redhead and a stolid stick-in-the-mud.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #581 on: February 27, 2018, 01:13:52 AM »
^
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:25:42 AM by Kannra21 »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #582 on: February 27, 2018, 01:45:50 AM »
As for Yukio not sounding concerned, he does that a lot. Hearing that he has no chance is no surprise and doesn't bother him because his self-esteem is that bad.
True, he's good at sounding detached.

But, what are you referring to when you say "hearing that he has no chance"? Do you mean Shura telling him she has a date means he has no chance? I don't see why that would be the case.

She also said his detached attitude (when he said "good luck, bye") pissed her off. Doesn't that mean she wanted him to be concerned?

Plus, if I'm right, he doesn't even recognize he has a crush on her, so it doesn't even occur to him to feel miffed that she's going to such an event. It's more of a "oh, good for you".
I think he would know, if he had those kinds of feelings. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'll admit that I'm probably reading too much into it. I found it interesting he specifically asked if she was going on a date at all. Like, why would his mind be there? I usually assume people busy on Christmas Eve have some event or something, not necessarily a date. But it could just be a usual snark from him about Shura's iffy love life.
In Japan, celebrating christmas is a fairly recent thing. I think it started some time during the US occupation. But over there it's not a religious celebration, and they don't celebrate it with their families. It's just one more excuse for couples to offer each other gifts and go on dates. Asking someone if they have a date on christmas eve is as natural as asking them if they have a date on valentine's day. In recent years, Halloween is becoming popular too, but it's not for children and there are no trick or treat, it's again only used as an excuse for adults to dress up and go to parties. Amusement parks, aquarium, zoos, and even some public parks are also heavily viewed as couple areas; falimies and friends go too, but if, let's say, you're a guy and you plan to go with your female friend, you should invite other people as well if you don't want any misunderstandings.

I mean, I don't think Yukio was intending to flirt, but it struck me as hella weird that he did /that/ if he honestly just viewed her as a friend. XD

Oh... You think that? ... Well, I'll just ... go over there then ... and reflect on my life a little...

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #583 on: February 27, 2018, 11:15:14 AM »
Here's the chapter and Shura's disappointment:

(click to show/hide)

I mean, nothing here is controversial; Shura goes to the marriage-hunting party to find her ideal future husband and Yukio will still go to celebrate with Exwiers and spend time with them after all. But what seemed to me that bothered Shura the most was Yukio's behavior. Obviously she expected some kind of different reaction from him, she pointed that out herself by saying 'Your attitude kinda bugs me.' Oddly, when people get a 'Good luck!' others reply with 'Thank you!' or 'I'll need it!', so why did she answer that way?! And what should he be? Jealous? Shura wants to make Yukio jealous?! Ooooo!!! But, as earthforge says, maybe I look too much into things. The more likely scenario would be that she also recognizes that something is wrong with Yukio when he smiles. Rin also noticed it:

(click to show/hide)

It was also strange to me when he mentioned the date. I mean, why would he, of all the events, mention that particular? It's totally not like him! We can notice that he is smiling and he seems to have proposed it only in a joke, but he looked very surprised when he got her approval.

(click to show/hide)

On the other hand, do you remember when Shura was listening to a conversation between Yukio and Shiemi? It may be that she appeared there quite accidentally, or she was just a regular stalker.:p

This page also reveals a lot:

(click to show/hide)

Shiemi is, again, thinking about Rin. And why is Shura suggesting that Yukio might have something hot on himself at all?! I don't know how you look at it, but to me they're behaving too suspiciously for friends/ colleagues/ family. But that's just my opinion, I can be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:36:28 AM by Kannra21 »

Offline Khalumia

• Page
« Reply #584 on: February 27, 2018, 12:51:56 PM »
Shiemi is, again, thinking about Rin. And why is Shura suggesting that Yukio might have something hot on himself at all?! I don't know how you look at it, but to me they're behaving too suspiciously for friends/ colleagues/ family. But that's just my opinion, I can be wrong.

"What's so hot about you?" To me she's just asking what Shiemi finds attractive ("hot") about him. She's teasing him about Shiemi's potential interest in him.