Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136178 times)

Offline Cloelia

• Intermediate Second Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #540 on: August 12, 2017, 08:44:39 AM »
I actually found Yukio hugging Shiemi to be far more intimate than a kiss would have been. He physically opened up and pulled someone towards him. It showed Yukio denies himself human contact even though he longs for that warmth. It also showed that Yukio wants to show affection, as buried and mangled with self-worth and identity issues as it is.

I totally agree with that and the way you described it is just perfect. I too, even for personal experiences, I consider hugs way more "intimate" than a kiss, in general. Exactly for the reason you pointed out. Oc, what I meant is that "I expected them to kiss" not as in "I hoped for that" but as in "it looked like it was building up that way".

In this manga, the only "relationship" I ship is the -brotherly- one between the twins. And what I long for is a hug between these two boys... pls, Kato-sama, grant my wish someday  :'(

The way Yukio treats Shiemi is how I'd feel he'd treat his mother, Yuri. He would treat her extremely gently, always looking out for her, with extreme love and care, willing to do anything to protect her and, like a little boy, be able to be raw and seek comfort from her. You know how people say that females who grow up without father figures don't know how to draw boundaries in a relationship with men in the future (up for debate)? It's like the same thing with Yukio. Without a mother figure, and without any real female figure in general (aside from Shura, but she hardly counts as a mother-like, nurturing female), he might have latched onto Shiemi as that figure. Sure, he has a crush on her, but maybe he'd have a crush on anyone who really gave him the peace and support that he lacked from a comforting parental figure, namely a mother. Shiro was really harsh on him, and so was Shura; aside from that, there was no one else older he could really look up to.

I so agree with this too.

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #541 on: August 25, 2017, 03:22:27 AM »
hElp mE I'm becoming a harder and harder YukiShi fan. Every day I secretly fall deeper and deeper into this ship. Not even I am aware of the progress. All I know is that one day I was scrolling through the yukishi tag on tumblr and...and I was enjoying it. I don't even remember how I got there. I used to be SO rinshi...what happened????

I also see the appeal of rizumo. And??? I've NEVER considered it before??? What's happening to me???

See, I feel like the arguments against yukishi are all based on Yukio's mental health. But it's not fair to Yukio; he's not his mental illness. He's not his problems. He's not his insanity. Those are things that are happening right now. They don't define Yukio's character, they define his present state. Sheimi, too; she's still growing, and so is Yukio. While Rin and Sheimi have a good, honest relationship, it feels...young and childish. Friendly, and on the surface. Extremely supportive.Very much like a very good first relationship, but not one that can be taken to the end. But Yukio and Sheimi have sparks, you know? Common interests and, despite what it might seem like, VERY similar personalities. I can't help but feel like Yukio also treats Sheimi like more of an equal than Rin does.

Sheimi and Yukio balance each other out. Yukio is gentler around her despite his aggressive personality, and she's learned to be more forceful with him, despite her conflict avoiding nature. On the contrary, Rin and Sheimi are very alike. Good potential for a strong friendship. Sheimi is ridiculously strong; while she's been shy, she's never been weak at heart. She has a very strong resolve. As a result, she can handle Yukio when he wants to act his age, or let go for a bit, just like she's done all the other times in their relationship. The exception is obviously chapter 93, but we can hardly take that as an indicator for something Yukio would do in a healthy state. Anyways, for Rin, he needs someone strong in a different way. Not mentally or emotionally strong like Sheimi is for Yukio, but a more aggressive, fiery strength. Rin has a very good mental state. He's an optimist, after all. As a result, HE is that emotional stronghold for IZUMO, and she's forceful with him in a way that causes him to question himself, make him push towards being a mature person. Izumo forces herself to be treated as a self, where I feel Rin is too much of a protector or a dominant personality in his relationship with Sheimi. Like knocking her head and saying "Silly!" feels too condescending, or something...I don't know, but it's not exactly super cute to me, you know? That's something Yukio wouldn't do and Izumo wouldn't take.

Of course, Sheimi wouldn't be where she is today without Rin. Without Rin, she would never have been forced to face her weaknesses. She was pulled into development because of him. But this doesn't make him a good partner for her; it makes him a good person to be in her life. And he'll stay in her life; it's not like he's just going to disappear if she goes with Yukio. He'll still have a good relationship with her, still pushing her to be a better person. But as a friend. Yukio is more fit to be a lover, someone to share a cup of tea with in the mornings and evenings. Someone to discuss herbs and medicine with. Someone to marvel at her strengths and give advice about her weaknesses. Someone willing to listen without judgement and without immediate action, if need be, and to share fond memories with. Those are things Yukio can provide for Sheimi. As for Yukio, Sheimi is his peace. He sees a mother in her, a sibling, a friend, a student and an equal. She's also the only person who can be forceful with him, and he'll listen.

Rin is better balanced with Izumo, who treats him like an equal, like someone who is capable, and she really understands him. She treats him normally, something he's not used to: he's always been a "special" case, after all. I think she forces him to be an adult, where he can feel more like a kid around Sheimi.

Anyways, I feel like Yukio and Sheimi have real potential for being husband and wife, where Rin and Sheimi feels more like a boyfriend and girlfriend. That's really the best way I can put it.

Don't get me wrong; I'm still a Yukishura fan. But more in a "oh my god I want to see them interact" way and less of a "I can see them getting married and having a family" way, you know?

AaaaaahhhHHHHHGHHHHHHH maybe I'll jump officially on the YukiShi bandwagon, riding right alongside my YukiShura bandwagon. I'm still not on the Rizumo wagon, since I'm not super convinced still, but maybe one day...maybe one day.

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #542 on: August 25, 2017, 05:21:54 AM »
You're welcome on board, at any time.  ;D

See, I feel like the arguments against yukishi are all based on Yukio's mental health. But it's not fair to Yukio; he's not his mental illness. He's not his problems. He's not his insanity. Those are things that are happening right now. They don't define Yukio's character, they define his present state. Sheimi, too; she's still growing, and so is Yukio. While Rin and Sheimi have a good, honest relationship, it feels...young and childish. Friendly, and on the surface. Extremely supportive.Very much like a very good first relationship, but not one that can be taken to the end. But Yukio and Sheimi have sparks, you know?
A lot of times I thought Yukio should have confessed to Shiemi. But the fact he doesn't, shows in a way how much he cares. If he fears being rejected, or he fears that she will come to hate him one day, or he fears he won't be able to make her happy, that's all because he cares. He seems to be thinking about her a lot, even though he doesn't act on his feelings.

On Rin's side, I never understood why he wanted to flirt with Shiemi while she was clearly not ready for this. The only reason I can think of is if he just didn't understand because he was blinded by love, but then it just comes down looking like he didn't care that much. His crush also seemed pretty superficial especially in the beginning since he hadn't known her for very long.

Then you can just imagine what Yukio thought of what Rin was doing.

I can't help but feel like Yukio also treats Sheimi like more of an equal than Rin does.
I feel Rin is too much of a protector or a dominant personality in his relationship with Sheimi.
I know what you mean.

And that's the very reason why Shiemi turned down Rin's confession.

Though I'm not sure of how equal Yukio and Shiemi's relationship is. He's way ahead of her in life, at least career wise.

Like knocking her head and saying "Silly!" feels too condescending, or something...I don't know, but it's not exactly super cute to me, you know? That's something Yukio wouldn't do and Izumo wouldn't take.
I wouldn't say Izumo wouldn't take it, but she would take it differently. On this, Izumo is more like Ryuuji and Rin; they take it but then throw the ball right back at the other. While Shiemi, still on this matter, is more like Renzou; they just take it, they're more passive.

Offline Cherub

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #543 on: August 25, 2017, 11:43:08 AM »
hElp mE I'm becoming a harder and harder YukiShi fan. Every day I secretly fall deeper and deeper into this ship. Not even I am aware of the progress. All I know is that one day I was scrolling through the yukishi tag on tumblr and...and I was enjoying it. I don't even remember how I got there. I used to be SO rinshi...what happened?

I also see the appeal of rizumo. And??? I've NEVER considered it before??? What's happening to me???

Haha, ikr!! Like for me it always starts off with having a crack ship but then they eventually spawn into something more plausible the more you dwell or see content on it IT GROWS!! I've never been completely solid about Yukio being with any character but I do see it happening at times: my first crack was Yukio x Shura even though Shura is like 11 years older, HA!! (I still enjoy this in my brain though), YukiShi (Because it's the most cute and reasonable) and then there's Toukio ... oh boy, I dunno how I landed myself this one!! Its come to the point where I want to see ANY interaction between the two occur in the manga (but that's a COMPLETLY different level of relationship, so much so that I'm not even gonna entertain the Idea in your presence).

I have yet to understand the Rin x Izumo ship but I reckon I'd start to get the gist of it if I browsed that tag on tumblr.

See, I feel like the arguments against yukishi are all based on Yukio's mental health. But it's not fair to Yukio; he's not his mental illness. He's not his problems. He's not his insanity. Those are things that are happening right now. They don't define Yukio's character, they define his present state.

I couldn't agree more, I always hear people say "oh yeah, I don't think it would work out well because he'd be abusive to her, etc, etc." When I honestly feel the exact opposite, his just not in the right state of mind. I also feel like this is how 85% of the fanfics present him as a character so maybe it stems from there idk.

What I like about their relationship is how they have the possibility to be close on either a romantic or platonic level and still have a good balance. I'm not gonna elaborate because you've literally just laid it down really well.

But yes, I'd picture them as the type to just have cute peaceful moments and drink tea and be nerds together. It's not that Rin and Shiemi wouldn't have a peaceful relationship, not at all, there's just something about the YukiShi personality combination that suits the idea so well.

Actually, a few days ago I read the Aomori outdoor bath scene again, I had a solid 5 minutes where I just sat there and stared at his face when Rin asked him if he liked Shiemi xD
That bod tho Yukio

Offline BennieNC

• Page
« Reply #544 on: August 26, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »
So I couldn't think of a better place to post this (sorry :P ) I'm recently getting into reading Blue Exorcist fanfiction. Anyone have any good sites or suggestions?
My favorite ship is Angel/Shura and anything with the demon kings (favorite Lucifer)

Thank you!

Offline Kittykat

• Junior First Class
« Reply #545 on: August 26, 2017, 08:00:41 PM »
So I couldn't think of a better place to post this (sorry :P ) I'm recently getting into reading Blue Exorcist fanfiction. Anyone have any good sites or suggestions?
My favorite ship is Angel/Shura and anything with the demon kings (favorite Lucifer)

Thank you!

I would like to know some too. Yukio/Shura, their dynamic is kind of cute, even though she's almost twice his age. Yukio/Shiemi, Rin/Shiemi, Rin/Izumo. Ooc or not. If there are any recs.... most I've seen are Bon/Rin, Renzou/Rin, Rin/Yukio if there are any pairings period.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #546 on: August 26, 2017, 08:26:56 PM »
I'm recently getting into reading Blue Exorcist fanfiction. Anyone have any good sites or suggestions?

We have a thread for people to post their Favorite Fanfics here. I recommend checking those out first.

Most AoEx fanfics are posted on Archive of Our Own and Fanfiction.net. There are also fics posted on tumblr, but I'm afraid I don't know of any blog that aggregates them.

Also in our fanworks forum, some people post their fics in their threads. Tardar has a thread, I have one, etc.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
  • Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
« Reply #547 on: February 08, 2018, 08:29:26 PM »
Rin x Shiemi
Yukio x Shura
Shima x Izumo
Suguro x Yoshikuni
Koneko x president of the Sutra club

I think it's fair enough.;)
"Win a place for yourself in this world."- Shura Kirigakure

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #548 on: February 16, 2018, 09:09:32 PM »
People...

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #549 on: February 17, 2018, 08:49:56 AM »
hElp mE I'm becoming a harder and harder YukiShi fan. Every day I secretly fall deeper and deeper into this ship. Not even I am aware of the progress. All I know is that one day I was scrolling through the yukishi tag on tumblr and...and I was enjoying it. I don't even remember how I got there. I used to be SO rinshi...what happened?

Hey, I've read your comment and I really appreciate your observations and opinions of that ship in general (I love people who are passionate about the things they loveXD), but what I'm trying to say is that I think YukiShi won't happen even in a milion years.

It is obvious that Yukio's love is one-sided and that Shiemi will never look at him in such a way. On the other hand, we notice that Shiemi builds different feelings towards Rin ("Why do I feel so nervous in Rin's presence?! This has never happened before..." (ch.83)) and she never thought of Yukio in that way.

I admit, that scene in her house when she thought; "OMG we are alone!" (ch.44), when she invited him to dance (ch.46) and that embrace recently (ch.93), woke in me some suspicion that she might have changed her mind, but after ch.73 called "Love Awakens," we can conclude that it is obviously about the love between Rin and Shiemi. This ship is canon seen from a thousand miles away and I can see Yukio as a tragic character (ironicaly, all the girls are literally crazy for him and he can't have that one single girl who doesn't feel anything for him besides friendship).

The best solution for all would be that Yukio finally reconciles with the fact and tries to find another girl, but here's the thing; Yukio did never build any strong relationships with any other girl besides Shiemi .... or ....

What about Shura?

They've known each other for about 10 years and had become really close reacently, Shura no longer teases him that much and Yukio is no longer irritated by her presence. On the contrary, he became tenderer since he learned of her past and tried to cheer her up by complimenting her hair (ch.80) (At that moment he proved that he really cared. It has been cutted for him after all and that's why this haircut will always be so special to him.).

He was inviting her to have fun with Exwires in his stead because he didn't know how to behave in society. When she appeared at the door dressed in a santa suit and everyone greeted her, Yukio wondered how did her marriage-hunting party go (ch. 89)(he was concerned about her activities and before he couldn't care less).

AND WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT; In these last chapters Suguro, Rin and Shiemi were injured by Yukio in a way (he directed a gun on both Suguro (ch.91) and Rin (ch.97) and he pushed Shiemi to the ground (ch.93)) and what did he do to Shura? Nothing! He couldn't look at her eyes because he knew that otherwise he would be an open book to her (she knows him that well).

As for Shura, we have nothing to discuss about, she likes him in her own silly way, that much is sure!XD What I wanted to say is that with Shiemi, he would always try to be stronger, better, more successful, and he would never get rid of that depression that hunts him day after day because he would always want to impress her, surprise her, color her world in pink. But in the end, everything would turn out to be just a simple lie.

Yukio knows that one day he'll grow tired of all this and that this relationship won't make any sense later. That's why he said the things he said to Rin back there at the open bath by some crazy granny (ch.74).

Sure, Shiemi would accept him just the way he is, there is no doubt, but I think she wouldn't mannage to cope with his depression and therefore things would never change. On the other hand, Shura would kick him out of the trance and distract him from all those thoughts (with or without bickeringXD). I even think he would feel much more relaxed with her company until the moment he's allowing her to change him for the best. We all noticed that Yukio has his own naughty and playful side (the beach scene ch.35 and Salaryman Exorcist ch.9), that's actually him and we could only notice it through Shura.

Ch.15 was the chapter in which we could see them in their most sincere edition; Shura caring and worrying about him and Yukio denying it but actually appreciating it very much. She already said (ch.15 & 76) she worries about Yukio the most. Yukio trusts her and can show his flaws and bad personality around her (ch.11, 15, 17, 35, 42, 46, 68 & 69). She was the one that told him to be honest with himself (ch.27) and then he followed her advice (ch.29 & 37). It was the vision of him in danger that made her react and free herself from Hachiro (ch.79). Mephisto probably put the twins up to help her because he knows about their bond (it wouldn't surprise me if he put her in their dorm for some other reason rather than being their protector). And both times Mephisto has treatened Shura, Yukio was around (ch.34 & 47).

The thing is, if Yukio and Shiemi were to end up together, everything would be so forced, as opposed to Shura, where the situation would be much more smoother. Of course, everyone has the right on their own opinion and I respect that, but I think the two of them would be perfect for each other! And what about the age gap? It doesn't matter, love is based on feelings and not numbers!

YukiShu rocks!^^
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:48:35 AM by Kannra21 »

Offline HorseTechie

• Junior Second Class
  • Braaaaainnnsss!
« Reply #550 on: February 22, 2018, 03:05:04 PM »
Aww... good points, but I still think Yukio has it for Shiemi as a love interest.  I see it that Shura is more like family, like a big sister Yukio grew up with, and of course can't hide anything from. Same for Rin... he oogles Shiemi's boobs, but Shura absolutely grosses him out. ;p

I have noticed that the anime makes it seem like RinShi and YukShu, but it's different in the manga.  After looking back, it is curious now to wonder how it is that Shiro brought Yukio to meet with the supply shop keeper's daughter. And then in the time after that, they keep meeting, talking, arranging tutoring sessions. Yukio was really like her first friend, even thought she was too shy/awkward to think of it that way. But I doubt it was one-sided.. she just though Yukio was amazing for being so accomplished that she didn't see him as her equal. (She called him sensei at first)

All this, Rin was completely oblivious about by the time he comes with Yukio, and then meets Shiemi.  So in his mind, he thought she followed after him first. There is a truth to that, just from the way she thought of him the first day in class. She was more of an equal with him too, as an exwire. Rin was just beside himself for having someone like him, look up to him (apparently he doesn't have frinds as much either?)  ...but then got embarrassed by having her tag around with him instead of other girls (she felt bad about that and tried to remedy it).

So in the manga it becomes a subtle competition... all the nice things Shiemi inadvertently does for Rin builds his fondness for her. While Yukio still does what he does for Shiemi behind the scenes, and... Rin somehow notices something amiss by starting up awkwardly timed discussions about Yukio'so interest in Shiemi.

But Yukio bluntly avoids talking about it.  I do think he is internalizing his own jealously and distaste for Rin intervening with his relationship with Shiemi.  During the whale arc Yukio did at least voice his concern for Rin endangering Shiemi's safety.  It might gave sounded like the usual 'damsel in distress' plot (which we later realize Shiemi's way more tougher that first thought!), but I think that is not why.

Yukio made it more clear in Shura's snake arc that he does not want Shiemi to get involved, by telling Rin she wouldn't like him if she really knew him. However, Yukio got very defensive and 'ran' from Rin's question about him liking Shiemi.  Let's face it, Yukio was awkward during the whole discussion about Rin's thoughts about Shiemi!  There were other occasions before that too, even when Shura approached him before the festival dance about why he turned Shiemi down.

I don't think it's because he's crushing on Shura, it's because Yukio does like Shiemi, but he is afraid of it, for reasons.  It's the reasons I am curious about. 

The most obvious is that, yeah.. being related to the son of Satan is a tough heritage to carry.  The last thing he could want is to spawn more relations to Satan.  But no, really... I think Yukio does not want to 'hurt' Shiemi. She is innocent, seems untainted by dark things, and so through not admitting his infatuation with her, he'll keep that distance to protect her. Sadly, that now may mean having Rin take her... which is just as unnerving. Because Rin may do worse things to her what Yukio was trying to protect her from.

So in chapter 93, when Yukio was first to hug Shiemi, my heart broke.  He was looking for some kind of  peace of mind from her (like in the past), but all she does is talk about Rin. Grar!  So... after realizing in his Rin Hate he shoved Shiemi, Yukio flipped out and ran.

It's a painful love triangle between those three... I totally feel for Shiemi in having to chose between the twins.  (All thus I have been pondering for a fanfic I'm writing... and gah, it is hard to be RinShi when I think of it from Yukio's 'he stole her from me!' viewpoint)

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #551 on: February 22, 2018, 05:50:19 PM »
Gotta agree with HorseTechie here. I always saw Yukio and Shura's relationship as a older sister/younger brother type, same goes for Rin. I don't tend to like ships that have big age gaps anyway. If Yukio were around Shura's age, then I could probably get behind it.

As for Rinshi and Yukishi, I honestly wouldn't mind who Shiemi chooses in the end. She has good chemistry and development with Rin, and has a sweet, but angsty relationship with Yukio, and I really like both of those dynamics.

I'm curious about one thing though. If Shiemi is indeed revealed to be a demon/part demon, how would that affect Yukio? Rin I would guess would view it as being yet another similarity that him and Shiemi share, which would bring them closer together. Yukio, however, absolutely rejects demons, as stated by Toudou in chapter 31. Would he reject Shiemi in the same way, or is his adoration for her strong enough to embolden him to try to "protect" Shiemi from her heritage? That's an angle I would definitely like to see explored. 

Offline Kannra21

• Nyahooo♡
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #552 on: February 22, 2018, 05:59:54 PM »
Reading between the lines, we can conclude that he, indeed, said that he was crushing on her. He said: "I don't have a family or a single friend..." So what do we have left?! He practicaly confessed to her!!XD

But no, she had to say that they were friends and I think that was the moment in which he felt terribly broken. To make the things worse, she added Rin into the conversation and then he totally lost it. Yukio was like: "Rin, Rin, again Rin, why does he always have to be better than me?! Why can he get the things I've always wanted?! Why does he always have to ruin everything?! What makes him so special than me? He never did as much as I have done for you! Why why why?!?!?" And then he pushed her on the floor and the rest happened the way we already know...

I'm surprised that Shiemi didn't blush at that moment or gave us any sign such as her mental though: "OMG he's hugging me, he's hugging me, what should I do now?!" But no, she did exactly what a good friend would do, giving him her moral support. Yukio was never himself by her side and all he had done this past years was looking at her and thinking about how nice she is and she would just chatter on and on without noticing anything.

What I'm trying to say is that Shiemi's too blunt/too easy for him. He needs someone of his own rang, someone with whom he can relate. Shiemi and Rin are both cheerful characters, pairing Yukio and Shiemi would turn into catastrophe. We agree that Yukio likes Shiemi, but Shiemi doesn't like Yukio in the same way. She just admires him and thinks he's awesome but nothing more than that and we've had the chance to see it countless times. My bet is: 1.) or RinShi and YukiShu will happen 2.) or the guys will find another girls because I doubt that Shiemi will even allow herself to choose between TWO BROTHERS because it would be so uncomfortable, two-faced, dishonest and forced.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:37:43 PM by Kannra21 »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #553 on: February 22, 2018, 06:40:04 PM »
AND WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT; In these last chapters Suguro, Rin and Shiemi were injured by Yukio in a way (he directed a gun on both Suguro (ch.91) and Rin (ch.97) and he pushed Shiemi to the ground (ch.93)) and what did he do to Shura? Nothing!

Yukio was more passive in that scene because of the context. He was in prison, surrounded by high rank exorcists, including Shura, and he had nothing to gain form acting violent in any way.

Those times he pointed his gun at Ryuuji, Mephisto, or Rin, he thought he had some things to gain from it.

Has for that time with Shiemi, he did get mad, he probably think it was a mistake to get mad like that, but, without excusing it, there is a reason why he got mad. Shiemi had good intentions but, as he finally decides to talk to her about the things that were worrying him, she didn't listen to his worries at all and instead she turned the conversation to her and Rin's worries and how they were caused by him, which was only adding more on Yukio's shoulders. Besides, mentioning Rin alone was a bad idea, as he was currently in a fight with him, which Shiemi already knew and could have guessed anyway since Yukio didn't want to go home.

That's not what happened with Shura. She only questioned him about what he was doing and about his eye, while he kept completely silent.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:48:48 PM by chinonamida »

Offline HorseTechie

• Junior Second Class
  • Braaaaainnnsss!
« Reply #554 on: February 23, 2018, 11:58:33 AM »
I'm curious about one thing though. If Shiemi is indeed revealed to be a demon/part demon, how would that affect Yukio? Rin I would guess would view it as being yet another similarity that him and Shiemi share, which would bring them closer together. Yukio, however, absolutely rejects demons, as stated by Toudou in chapter 31. Would he reject Shiemi in the same way, or is his adoration for her strong enough to embolden him to try to "protect" Shiemi from her heritage? That's an angle I would definitely like to see explored.
Me too!  Though, Shiemi is more like a friendly demon (angel?) with beneficial powers.

When Yukio says he hates demons, how does he define 'demon' in his mind?  The dangerous ones that only want to destroy? Or ALL demon-kind, benign included?

Either way, seeing how the most recent effects play out will get very interesting in how it affects the relatonships between these three.