Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 135897 times)

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #480 on: March 21, 2017, 03:34:08 PM »
I don't think Shura has a siblings relationship with Yukio and Rin. Or at least not from her point of view. Remember, she's the woman who flirted with and got rejected by their father. She also wanted to kill Rin up until they met. So she could hardly consider herself nor act like their sister back then and still probably don't.

But disregarding that and disregarding the age gap, I still don't think Shura and Yukio would work. Mainly because Yukio doesn't seem to be interested and because he seems like he needs someone that can soothe him, and all Shura ever does is anger him. Even though sometimes I don't know why he gets angry at her, but he does nonetheless. And it's not like I think everyone needs someone that's soothing, but I think Yukio definitely does.

Anyway, bottom line, I think Shura is often acting in a flirty manner towards Yukio (but she isn't serious about it; because if she was, she'd do way more). And if he took the bait, she'd probably reject him. Though every time he doesn't, it somewhat hurts her pride. But you hear stories like that sometimes, first it starts as a joke, but the more they get rejected, the more they keep trying, and the more they keep trying, the more they forget it was supposed to be a joke... idiots that is. X)

But whatever, I don't know anymore, since Shiemi said she's not in love with Yukio, I don't know anymore. X(
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:37:58 PM by chinonamida »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #481 on: March 21, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »
I don't think Shura has a siblings relationship with Yukio and Rin. Or at least not from her point of view. Remember, she's the woman who flirted with and got rejected by their father.

I know you mean that Shura has an odd inconsistent relationship with the twins, but pointing out how she accosted their dad with her breasts makes YukioxShura that much weirder. XD

But disregarding that and disregarding the age gap, I still don't think Shura and Yukio would work. Mainly because Yukio doesn't seem to be interested and because he seems like he needs someone that can soothe him, and all Shura ever does is anger him. Even though sometimes I don't know why he gets angry at her, but he does nonetheless. And it's not like I think everyone needs someone that's soothing, but I think Yukio definitely does.

Eh, everything pisses Yukio off. He mostly doesn't like her flippant attitude and how she annoys him. Who knows? Maybe one day he'll grow a sense of humor and not mind so much. I think that's possible if he somehow stops giving a fuck. Still, I agree that Yukio's simply not interested.

But you hear stories like that sometimes, first it starts as a joke, but the more they get rejected, the more they keep trying, and the more they keep trying, the more they forget it was supposed to be a joke... idiots that is. X)

Aww. Even if that's a shortcut to deeply unhealthy and weird relationships, it is adorable.

The problem with both Rin x Shiemi and Yukio x Shiemi is that they just aren't close enough IMO. I mean, I feel like Izumo and Shiemi are way closer because they've hung out more and really opened up to each other. Meanwhile, the last development for Rin and Shiemi was the Festival arc. Even after the mansion, I didn't feel like they really opened up to each other because they are both worried about Yukio and it crops up in almost every conversation between them. Yukio and Shiemi have it even worse, because Yukio is keeping his distance from everyone. I really wish Yukio's shenanigans were out in the open already, because that's halting any possible development for Yukio x Shiemi.

Now Shiemi has her little secret, and it's making them opening up to each other even MORE difficult. Gah. We better have a resolution to that in the next four chapters.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #482 on: March 22, 2017, 03:44:09 PM »
I know you mean that Shura has an odd inconsistent relationship with the twins, but pointing out how she accosted their dad with her breasts makes YukioxShura that much weirder. XD
I know it's the usual reaction, but I don't think it's that weird. History, in particular Japanese history, is full of stories of old men remarrying with women who are way younger than them and who ends up having an affair with one of the man's son from the previous marriage to whom she's closer in age. Those stories are not so different from one where a woman would start flirting with the son after falling to get the attention of the father, while her age is halfway between the two. And I've read stories so much worse than that, I would not be the least surprised nor weirded out.

Eh, everything pisses Yukio off. He mostly doesn't like her flippant attitude and how she annoys him. Who knows? Maybe one day he'll grow a sense of humor and not mind so much. I think that's possible if he somehow stops giving a fuck. Still, I agree that Yukio's simply not interested.
Give the poor guy some credit. xD

He mellows down some times, especially when Shiemi is around. And he has some sens of humor. Just last chapter he was laughing with Ryuuji after his deadpan joke of the honor student having no talents in making simple paper decorations and having no shame about it. He simply have a very dry sens of humor. Like the SATAN thing at the Kyoto Tower or when he played along with Rin's pretending to be Renzou. Don't you agree?

Offline Rook

• Exwire
« Reply #483 on: March 22, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »
I've never felt comfortable imagining Yukio and Shiemi in a relationship together. I feel like it would be unhealthy, there's something about Yukio's character. I think Shiemi could help him and she'd be happy, but a large part of me feels he might also be toxic for her. I don't know, I feel kind of bad saying it. Then again, the argument that Yukio mellows down around Shiemi is also valid. He's a different person around her - but is it more protective as opposed to romantic? I feel like it could go one way or the other - either Shiemi manages to bring out that more mellow side in him, or he develops into fullblown Illuminati psycho, maybe.

I'm more inclined to ship Rin and Izumo as opposed to Rin and Shiemi. I reckon that, currently, Rin and Shiemi are more likely to end up together, however Rin and Izumo's interactions during the IK arc and Izumo's arc make me feel like she could be a very supportive (and sensible) influence in his life, and he could help her too. I feel like they'd be good for each other, whereas Rin and Shiemi seem like they'd be better off as good friends. But that's just how I see it at the moment, I don't know how their characters will develop and stuff
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:12:37 PM by Rook »

Offline SofiaviBritannia

• Page
« Reply #484 on: March 28, 2017, 09:54:40 PM »
I like Bon&Izumo and Mephisto&Shura.

Offline Cherub

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #485 on: May 16, 2017, 11:12:11 AM »
Non of these xD
Even if I do see some good ones!

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #486 on: May 18, 2017, 02:50:27 AM »
At this point in the series, I think Rinshi is most likely endgame. Yukishi, while I do ship it, will have to have some major development from here to the end of the series for me to accept them as a couple instead of Rinshi (which has had great development).

I find it weird that despite knowing her the longest, Yukio and Shiemi don't seem to have many moments interacting with each other. I hope Kato sensei has good development with these two. One of my least favorite things about love triangles is that when the girl/guy chooses who they want, they just end up ignoring the person they didn't choose. I don't want Yukio to go evil and become possessive of her if she decides to be with Rin. 

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2017, 12:00:41 AM »
I found it weird that people saying that Rinshi is endgame. I mean, she just rejected him. Maybe there is still high probability that they will be together, but isn't the probability becomes lowest than ever?

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #488 on: May 24, 2017, 12:56:48 AM »
I found it weird that people saying that Rinshi is endgame. I mean, she just rejected him. Maybe there is still high probability that they will be together, but isn't the probability becomes lowest than ever?

I think it's likely endgame because of all the development it's gotten over the course of the series. She did reject Rin, but she only told him to wait for her to catch up. She does have feelings for him, but the shoujo manga she read told her that both parties need to be equal/mutual.She sees herself as not being Rin's equal in terms of fighting ability, and wants to work hard to catch up not only to Rin but to everyone else. But now that she's not becoming an exorcist, I don't know how this aspect will work.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2017, 01:02:25 AM »
^ Admittedly, Katou could go a completely different direction by having Shiemi never get with Rin. This is possible if Shiemi never rejoins the Exwires. It'd be an interesting subversion of the love interest satellite character.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Mojo

• Exwire
« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2017, 06:27:03 AM »
The only pairing I really support is Shima and Izumo, I understand that it's very  unhealthy but I love their interactions. It seems Izumo is the only one who provides mental challenge to Shima and that's because she was just like him at one point. Shima is such a piece of shit but I believe Izumo can fix him since at least, she is the only one who understands him (according to her).

Offline jackolope

• Page
« Reply #491 on: May 31, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »
This is my first post on this lovely forum I have been stalking for waaay longer than I'd like to admit- so I want to make this count by talking about the most wonderful thing in the universe! Love between two girls!

I know its extremely unlikely that Izumo and Shiemi would ever become a couple (Kato doesn't seem to care very much for the LGBT community.. It's very sad but oh well) however, I do believe it would the loveliest and healthiest option! Their relationship has progressed so much and they really do care and love each other now! It's so heartwarming.

I think if one of them was a boy or both of them were, it would be much more popular and people would treat it as if it was practically canon! I mean, Shiemi collasped onto her knees and screamed because she was so happy Izumo was going to sleep over at her house! And Shiemi complimenting Izumo in the bathhouse chapter saying she is so slim and pretty! Pratically #canon.

Offline Mace_407

• Page
« Reply #492 on: June 05, 2017, 02:40:25 PM »
So, I'm a RinShi shipper. I liked it because they have so many devolopment together and sooooo many good fanfics involving them~! But, I kind of suspect that the RinShi ship is gonna sink any momment... (pls Kazue, dont sink this ship!) And (maybe) Rin's gonna end up with Izumo.

And I don't ship Yukio with anyone XD #ForeverAloneYukio maybe some brOTP with Rin but nothing more.

I also ship Shizumo and Juuzou x Mamushi (These ships has some GOOD fanfics!)

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #493 on: June 08, 2017, 04:03:13 PM »
I know its extremely unlikely that Izumo and Shiemi would ever become a couple
From the start I have been wondering why Shiemi tried very hard to be friend of only Izumo but not include Paku at that time...

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2017, 02:45:40 AM »
I know its extremely unlikely that Izumo and Shiemi would ever become a couple
From the start I have been wondering why Shiemi tried very hard to be friend of only Izumo but not include Paku at that time...
The very first time, she tried to ask them both to be her friend, but she tripped and couldn't even say hello.
Later, she was able to break the ice with Izumo, or so she thought at least.
So on her second try, she called out Izumo because she felt she was already a little closer to her than Paku.

Also, I don't think Shiemi had enough social skills to understand that at the time, but she wouldn't have been able to befriend Paku without befriending Izumo first.