Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136088 times)

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #465 on: July 16, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »
I agree with you as far as them maturing first (and the plot aspect. I need more Shima). Shiemi is still stunted in the love department, so for her to just enter into a relationship without understanding what that implies would be a disaster. And I like the pace at which they're developing too, so I don't want anything to be rushed. I can understand why people who don't ship them wouldn't want to see them have anymore moments, but to be honest, I'll be miffed as hell, if Kazue just let it fall to the wayside after how far they've come. It's way too late in the game to write their feelings off, especially Rin's.

It'd be equivalent to what Kishimoto did with NaruSaku, only to have them end up with different people, even though neither of the other pairings didn't have nearly the amount of development as them. And I don't ship any canon pairing in that disastrous story (except Shika/Tema). Only difference is that Kazue actually knows what the hell she's doing. For the longest time, I swore up and down that Shiemi and Yukio had a thing until Ch. 74, when Yukio verified that she liked Rin. That's a red herring done right, imho. I just want to see how everything will play out.

But I do still want the story. I need more Shima in my life, and I am curious to know how far Bon's training has taken him. Hell, I wanna know what they were all up to while Rin and Yukio were on their rescue mission. With a little ship teasing too (I hope Izumo and Paku talk with Shiemi; I never get enough of them).

Offline questdrivencollie

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #466 on: September 09, 2016, 02:46:39 AM »
Re: the translation discussion,
I tend to prefer more literal translations, though I understand some things don't translate well on their own. I like it when footnotes are provided, though I guess there are cases where that wouldn't be practical? I'm not a purist, but I do prefer to know if a translation is changed for some reason. (Like when they change jokes that only make sense in Japanese, I get that, but I like to know they are changed because it's interesting to learn about the original.)

Offline Aszura

• Page
« Reply #467 on: September 24, 2016, 06:32:53 AM »
I'm legit the worst, just big on my crack ships

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #468 on: September 28, 2016, 11:36:00 PM »
^Mind to elaborate? I'm curious now.

Offline Spice Fairy

• Page
« Reply #469 on: March 10, 2017, 03:29:15 AM »
Shura x Yukio may be a no-go
(click to show/hide)
Why do I get the funny feeling Shura could have a potential relationship with Arthur?

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #470 on: March 10, 2017, 03:15:35 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Why do I get the funny feeling Shura could have a potential relationship with Arthur?
Idk but I'm here for Arshura to sail!

Offline Kimya

• Exwire
« Reply #471 on: March 10, 2017, 03:59:12 PM »

(click to show/hide)
That sounds hilarious! I can see her rolling her eyes every time he talks about his fabulous hair.

Offline CrescentiC

• Legendary Fan
  • Page
  • Just Blue Exorcist trash lol
« Reply #472 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:59 AM »
A part of me is a sucker for RinxShiemixYukio omg
"When you're with me, and we try to understand each other, then I'll be able to become stronger."
- CORE PRIDE, UVERworld

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #473 on: March 18, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Really? And I came here to say something on the contrary...

After Shura says she'll be looking for a life partner, Yukio says "best of luck" and walks away, then Shura says "Something about that (attitude/reaction) pisses me off/makes me angry".

Isn't it because she was expecting him to be somewhat jealous?

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »
I'm with the person that takes a liking to Arthur x Shura. It would be very entertaining. I like Shura x Lightning, but only aesthetically. Lightning x Shura x Angel or the Angelic Legion makes for a hilarious OT3.

I don't think Yukio/Shura can work unless Yukio lets go  of his feelings for Shiemi. I feel like there's gonna be a chapter that addresses that.

Offline Rook

• Exwire
« Reply #475 on: March 20, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
With Shiemi potentially going away now (as of the latest chapter) I feel like Yukio's feelings for Shiemi could be resolved soon (or at least suppressed because apparently that's Yukio's version of dealing with stuff). However, I don't think that would result in a relationship with Shura. More likely it'll remove lots of the motivations he had for staying and push him closer to joining the Illuminati.

In terms of Shura though, part of me can't fathom her being in a relationship. Feels weird. Her and Angel wouldn't work I don't think, even though it would be beyond comical. Maybe Shura and a minor character? Part of me loves the idea of her meeting some meek, geeky exorcist who she absolutely terrorises but also really cares for.

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #476 on: March 20, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »
Even if Shiemi goes away, I don't think that would resolve Yukio's feelings for her. He tends to hang on to things and something like her leaving would probably motivate him to go after her.

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #477 on: March 20, 2017, 02:47:07 PM »
Even if Shiemi goes away, I don't think that would resolve Yukio's feelings for her. He tends to hang on to things and something like her leaving would probably motivate him to go after her.

I think Rin is more likely to chase after her than Yukio, since Yukio is overly-pragmatic (or what I like to call a dumb smart person) when it comes to things like this. He's not emotional enough, imo, to do anything about his feelings other than get pissed at everyone else who points them out (like with Shura and Rin).

One of the biggest reasons that I can't support and refuse to support Shura/Yukio is that they're like family. She's that annoying older sister to Rin/Yukio, and I feel like that's the way Kazue set it up, even with the sexual (I'm not sure if this is the right word) undertones/tension with Yukio/Shura

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #478 on: March 20, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »
surprise us kato sensei, spice things up. surprises surprises!!!

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #479 on: March 20, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »

I think Rin is more likely to chase after her than Yukio, since Yukio is overly-pragmatic (or what I like to call a dumb smart person) when it comes to things like this. He's not emotional enough, imo, to do anything about his feelings other than get pissed at everyone else who points them out (like with Shura and Rin).

One of the biggest reasons that I can't support and refuse to support Shura/Yukio is that they're like family. She's that annoying older sister to Rin/Yukio, and I feel like that's the way Kazue set it up, even with the sexual (I'm not sure if this is the right word) undertones/tension with Yukio/Shura
I agree with you that Rin would definitely go after Shiemi no matter what trouble she's in. However, if the above scenario happens, I think that Yukio would follow them as well since they are the closest people to him. I'm reminded of the Kraken Arc where Yukio rushed after them after Shiemi fell into Rin's boat.
Yes, I really don't like the Yukio/Shura ship. It's definitely a brother/sister relationship. The age gap doesn't help it either.