Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136115 times)

Offline Okumura10

• Page
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #420 on: July 05, 2016, 10:08:14 PM »
So is it just me or is ShuraxYukio becoming canon...?

It's not just you, I also think it is becoming canon

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #421 on: July 05, 2016, 11:43:58 PM »
I find it very hard to view it as canon considering Shura's been knowing Yukio since he was a child, and they were both raised by the same guy. It's borderline incest to me. She's like his and Rin's annoying older sister, if not pestering aunt. Plus, Yukio likes Shiemi, so there's also that.

But if Shura/Yukio is what she wants to push, then by all means go ahead. I'll try not to be too grossed out by it.

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2016, 12:50:27 AM »
I find it very hard to view it as canon considering Shura's been knowing Yukio since he was a child, and they were both raised by the same guy. It's borderline incest to me. She's like his and Rin's annoying older sister, if not pestering aunt.
Shura does act like their older sister most of the time.
But I wouldn't say she was raised by Shirou nor that she saw Shirou as her father.
No matter how young she was when she first met him, she always saw him as a love interest. It's clear from recent flashbacks.
And even if he thought her how to be an exorcist and lectured her on her delinquent behavior and so on, I wouldn't call that a parent-child relationship, more like a teacher-student one. Hachirou is the one who raised her and the closest thing she has to a father.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2016, 05:03:43 AM »
I don't think YukiShu will become canon, but that doesn't keep Kazue from a lot of shipteases. Shura definitely cares for the twins like they're her younger brothers. Now that they've saved her from death-at-30, I think she'll be much more invested in helping them. I do wonder if Yukio feels anything more for Shura...
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #424 on: July 06, 2016, 05:34:33 AM »
 i don't even see yukio having time for feelings. he's numb and thirsting for power. this is like a sasuke trope. he's obssessed to get stronger and stronger that he's okay leaving people behind. dun dun dun. i bet he's willing to hurt renzou or anyone who tries to stop him from going daredevil nuts again or finally joining  illuminati. (that would be in a while i suppose).
a guy so problematic has no room for such affections. i even feel that crush with shiemi has left him feeling empty and numb already. who cares about those it's not important as getting stronger lol but sometimes i wonder if shura's renzou's and yukio's bickering with the  'ladykiller four eyes' is a foreshadowing to yukio having a violent side to him in that area.

Offline TheBlackCat

• Page
« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2016, 05:54:48 PM »
I knwo this kinda off topic but I ship Bon and Izumo.I wonder what will become of them if any in the upcoming chapters.I know a lot of people ship Rin and Izumo and i dont have a problem with that but i really don feel it :P

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #426 on: July 06, 2016, 06:01:08 PM »
^ Based on all the developments up until now, Bon and Izumo seem to be the most likely pairing to happen. I personally cannot stand those two together probably because I feel they come off as way too similar on all aspects, even the ones I would rather not see a similarity in, but I do believe they are the most likely pairing especially considering Rin and Shiemi is near canonical at this point.

Offline TheBlackCat

• Page
« Reply #427 on: July 06, 2016, 06:10:27 PM »
I think you're right about them being too similar.That's probably why they dont get along but then again Kazue Kato may not put anybody together.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2016, 06:35:41 PM »
Bon and Izumo seem to be the most likely pairing to happen.
Why? They have no attraction at all.
We can talk about how they would or wouldn't fit together all we want, but as long as they don't seem interested it won't happen.

Rin and Shiemi is near canonical at this point.
You don't read enough shoujo manga.

Kazue Kato may not put anybody together.
Boo

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #429 on: July 06, 2016, 06:47:55 PM »
Bon and Izumo seem to be the most likely pairing to happen.
Why? They have no attraction at all.
We can talk about how they would or wouldn't fit together all we want, but as long as they don't seem interested it won't happen.

The end of the balcony scene in chapter 70 between the two especially the viz translation felt like a pretty blatant ship tease with the two blushing and all.
Also both Suguro and Izumo were not interested in romance because of their respective goals which is now gone. And there were lots of interactions and parallels between them. Not to mention Izumo has a large number of interactions with Suguro, way more than with Rin or anyone else.
I dont like Izumo and Suguro together in the slightest and I would be very happy if they dont end up together and remain as vitriolic best friends but there have been way too many interactions of them constantly fighting and teasing each other which is a common thing in a lot of love-hate relationships portrayed in mangas, so that is why i believe that they may end up together. Not to mention the parallel between their relationship and Juzo and Mamushi's relationship
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:50:44 PM by xyzt »

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
i don't even see yukio having time for feelings. he's numb and thirsting for power. this is like a sasuke trope. he's obssessed to get stronger and stronger that he's okay leaving people behind. dun dun dun. i bet he's willing to hurt renzou or anyone who tries to stop him from going daredevil nuts again or finally joining  illuminati. (that would be in a while i suppose).
a guy so problematic has no room for such affections. i even feel that crush with shiemi has left him feeling empty and numb already. who cares about those it's not important as getting stronger lol but sometimes i wonder if shura's renzou's and yukio's bickering with the  'ladykiller four eyes' is a foreshadowing to yukio having a violent side to him in that area.

I feel this on so many levels. Plus, I just can't see Yukio in a relationship with anyone. Dude has severe trust issues, to the point where all he does is lie, to others and himself.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #431 on: July 06, 2016, 07:23:21 PM »
I like Izumo and Bon, but I doubt they'll end up together. I still hold out hope for Shizumo, especially given that the only time Renzou was troubled by his double-spying was after she slapped him. That's the only time he seemed vulnerable.

i bet he's willing to hurt renzou or anyone who tries to stop him from going daredevil nuts again or finally joining  illuminati. (that would be in a while i suppose).

Who doesn't want to hurt Renzou? Even Koneko was happy to literally sweep the floor with his body. Also, Renzou has had zero qualms about mindscrewing Yukio. Renzou deserves a bullet in the arm for that at the very least.

I feel this on so many levels. Plus, I just can't see Yukio in a relationship with anyone. Dude has severe trust issues, to the point where all he does is lie, to others and himself.

Whoa whoa whoa. Yukio definitely has severe trust issues and a violent streak, but it can be repaired. He wasn't born a psychopath. This is years of repression becoming undone. Shiro spent a lot of his time ensuring Rin was a good person, because I think Shiro was genuinely worried that Rin might succumb to his demonic nature. However, it seems Shiro assumed that Yukio didn't need any similar care. Boy was that a mistake.

Yeah, Yukio shouldn't be in a relationship now. But once he gets his shit together, which I'm pretty certain will happen eventually (although in probably ~50 chapters...), he can handle one.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #432 on: July 06, 2016, 10:35:47 PM »
The end of the balcony scene in chapter 70 between the two especially the viz translation felt like a pretty blatant ship tease with the two blushing and all.
That's funny because that scene to me was just another one confirming there isn't anything romantic between them.
When he complimented her, at first she looked pleased, but then she got angry saying "Why do I have to be told that by you!" Since she looked pleased at first, it seems her problem was not with what she was told but with the person saying it. Like "why does it have to be you". If she just wanted to be mean to change the subject because she was shy, she could have said a hundred different things. Like "I don't care what you think." or "Why are you saying that all of a sudden? You want something from me?". Or at least if she said "Hearing it from you doesn't make me happy at all." it would have sounded Tsundere.

Also both Suguro and Izumo were not interested in romance because of their respective goals which is now gone.
I wouldn't say Izumo wasn't interested. It's more like she wouldn't allow herself to get involved in it.

Suguro on the other hand...

And there were lots of interactions and parallels between them.
That doesn't mean much. You don't calculate attraction by the number of interactions or parallels.

Not to mention Izumo has a large number of interactions with Suguro, way more than with Rin or anyone else.
I'm not sure about that. But I don't have time to count.

I dont like Izumo and Suguro together in the slightest and I would be very happy if they dont end up together and remain as vitriolic best friends but there have been way too many interactions of them constantly fighting and teasing each other which is a common thing in a lot of love-hate relationships portrayed in mangas
I could see that if it weren't from her attitude towards Rin. Izumo is the kind of tsundere who really goes from tsun to dere. The kind your talking about are the ones who always stay tsun and almost never goes dere.

Renzou has had zero qualms about mindscrewing Yukio. Renzou deserves a bullet in the arm for that at the very least.
How does a bullet in the arm compare to mindscrewing? At least make it even. An eye for an eye, no?

Whoa whoa whoa. Yukio definitely has severe trust issues and a violent streak, but it can be repaired. He wasn't born a psychopath.
Yeah, Yukio shouldn't be in a relationship now. But once he gets his shit together, which I'm pretty certain will happen eventually (although in probably ~50 chapters...), he can handle one.
Are you saying psychopaths can't handle relationships...

Offline Spice Fairy

• Page
« Reply #433 on: July 07, 2016, 02:38:49 AM »
I ship Rin with Izumo and Shiemi with Yukio.(There I said it)

But at this point, I want Yukio to just take some time off to discover himself and straighten out his own internal conflict. Not saying he's not ready for a relationship (Okay, maybe isn't) but he needs to talk to someone about his issues and if Rin doesn't do anything about, I get the feeling Shiemi might act instead since she's kind of the glue between them.

Then we have Shiemi herself who's in the dilemma of who she wants to be in a relationship with and whether or not she's ready for one. I really want her to consult Izumo about what to do. It would be interesting to see how Izumo reacts.

Somehow, I could never bring myself to ship Rin with Shiemi at all since the beginning. I don’t really get the chemistry and Rin has gotten friend-zoned so many times that it's painful.

I guess I don't have the same tastes in ship like everyone else.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #434 on: July 07, 2016, 04:07:52 AM »
^Actually, that's what a lot of people think.

Except maybe for the "Shiemi being the glue between Rin and Yukio" part.
Most people seems to think she's most likely to break them apart.

I really want her to consult Izumo about what to do. It would be interesting to see how Izumo reacts.
I too think it'd be interesting. But I don't think it would necessarily be a good thing. They're both, in their own different ways, awkward with romance. If it's only the two of them discussing, it might very well end up being Clueless Shiemi vs Guarded Izumo. They'd make more progress if Paku was there with them or if any one of them went to discuss it with Paku alone. But if they could manage to make a breakthrough with just the two of them, then I'd really want to see what this would look like.