Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136136 times)

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2016, 11:57:09 PM »
I'm probably a bit late, but one of my pairings (Yukio/Shura) may actually sail. I know it looks like it may be rape (on both of them) which is even worse than normal pairing with Yukio being underage, but hey.  ;D
I always thought a ship was sailing when the two characters started going out.
Though this would clearly qualify as a homerun, a fucked-up homerun.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »
Yeah, this is less the ship setting sail and more the ship getting entered by pirates. I don't think it counts that way.

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »
I had to google "homerun", haha.
Yukio and Shura could go stright to not-together-but-with-a-baby phase of a relationship.

Yeah, I'm just kidding. That suggestion that Shura should be forced to have a baby and Yukio is nearby from the last page is simply hilarious. So "oh no she wouldn't". I expect Rin to kick the god's backside before anything happens, but I'm going to enjoy waiting at least a month to be completely sure.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #408 on: February 14, 2016, 12:13:31 AM »
I had to google "homerun", haha.
Yukio and Shura could go stright to not-together-but-with-a-baby phase of a relationship.

Yeah, I'm just kidding. That suggestion that Shura should be forced to have a baby and Yukio is nearby from the last page is simply hilarious. So "oh no she wouldn't". I expect Rin to kick the god's backside before anything happens, but I'm going to enjoy waiting at least a month to be completely sure.
It's even more implyed than that. Hachirou says something along the lines of "How opportunate, I got my hands on a man/male."

Rather than Rin doing something, I think this is more an opening for Yukio to use his powers.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #409 on: February 15, 2016, 03:02:42 PM »
Rather than Rin doing something, I think this is more an opening for Yukio to use his powers.

Hachiro: Now do the bees and the birds stuff.

Yukio: *Sets everything on fire.*

Hachiro: I had never seen the bees nor the birds do that.

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #410 on: February 15, 2016, 03:41:14 PM »

oh man that is too awesome if it happens next chapter ! more awesome if the dialogue goes like that while yukio loses it!

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2016, 03:09:55 AM »
Shiemi likes Rin which is okay it's my second favorite shipping after Izumo and Rin, but yea the pieces are laid out for them to build on.

she's sorta confused as to how she feels for the twins especially with rin cinfessing and asking her to the dance. i'll be waiting for shiemi's answer i can't wait for her answer this time. kato's kinda into love triangles with  rin enfatuated with shiemi but thinks she likes yukio and now rin feels/thinks yukio likes shiemi. this is such an awkward love triangle with brothers liking the same girl 

Not "Blue Exorcist", but http://mangafox.me/manga/fruits_basket/v12/c068/21.html this is what always happens to one of the three in a love triangle and I usually wind up sympathizing with the one who got rejected and left alone rather then rooting for the lovey dovey couple who got to live happily ever after.

In Kaguras case, she was foolish. Instead of saying she loved him, she should have just laughed in Kyo's face and said "Oh well, I never gave a damn about you anyway, smelly, ugly monster! Ha ha!" At least Yukio, for all his issues and dumb stunts, is smart enough to keep his mouth shut about his feelings for Shiemi so he doesn't have to hear "I'm sorry, but I have to turn you down because I don't love you and I won't come to love you. I'm in love with Rin!" said to his face.

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #412 on: February 16, 2016, 02:19:31 PM »
It's even more implyed than that. Hachirou says something along the lines of "How opportunate, I got my hands on a man/male."
And now, knowing there won't be anything graphic, I can make popcorn and enjoy.

It's like, extreme version of hover hand. Oh Yukio, you nerd, releasing satan power to protect himself from getting laid with a super hot girl. It's going to be hilarious.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #413 on: February 17, 2016, 01:36:24 AM »
At least Yukio, for all his issues and dumb stunts, is smart enough to keep his mouth shut about his feelings for Shiemi so he doesn't have to hear "I'm sorry, but I have to turn you down because I don't love you and I won't come to love you. I'm in love with Rin!" said to his face.

Shiemi would never say that. She cares about Yukio even if she does end up going for Rin.

It's not smart for Yukio to keep his mouth shut. Holding in his feelings is what gets him into shitty situations. Telling Shiemi would at least get some stuff off his mind.

It's like, extreme version of hover hand. Oh Yukio, you nerd, releasing satan power to protect himself from getting laid with a super hot girl. It's going to be hilarious.

Er. If this is going where we think it's going, it would literally be an evil snake trying to force an unwilling man on an paralyzed woman. Am I the only one who's mega creeped out by this?
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2016, 01:53:36 AM »
Er. If this is going where we think it's going, it would literally be an evil snake trying to force an unwilling man on an paralyzed woman. Am I the only one who's mega creeped out by this?

It creeps me out, too.

Offline gokusdonut

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2016, 03:30:43 AM »

It creeps me out, too.

Same. Even more so, because I view Yukio and Shura as family.

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2016, 04:20:20 AM »
At least Yukio, for all his issues and dumb stunts, is smart enough to keep his mouth shut about his feelings for Shiemi so he doesn't have to hear "I'm sorry, but I have to turn you down because I don't love you and I won't come to love you. I'm in love with Rin!" said to his face.

Shiemi would never say that. She cares about Yukio even if she does end up going for Rin.

It's not smart for Yukio to keep his mouth shut. Holding in his feelings is what gets him into shitty situations. Telling Shiemi would at least get some stuff off his mind.

You can "care" for someone and still turn them down and break their heart because you're not in love with them - even if you try to do it as nicely as possible. Manga/anime is full of that "I care about you, but I don't love you. I'm in love with someone else". Rin and Shiemi have obvious feelings for eachother and are being set up as endgame. Yukio sees this, so he knows confessing his feelings to Shiemi would be pointless and painful.

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #417 on: February 17, 2016, 05:18:19 AM »
Let me first say, you guys are cracking me up over here.

;D ;D ;D

Anyways, this situation for me is...so ridiculously interesting that I'll be sitting here trying to picture what the hell's going to happen until the chapter comes out. Wait, that's me on a daily basis anyways. Hehe.
If Yukio was older/Shura was younger, I would ship them 100%, not so much because of "compatibility" but more so because I just LOVE seeing them interact. I love love love it. Their dynamic is so interesting that as a ship, it would be like a million times more interesting. Ooh imagine all the complications.

But alas, because they are not so, I more low-key ship them, for the same reasons (I just love seeing them together, not a romancey kind of ship though). This makes the implications at the end of the recent chapter all the more fun. Ooh. I definitely can't imagine anything actually fully happening (oh God nor would I want to). The extent I see is that -- wow I don't even know how any of this works, so bear with me -- Yukio and Shura would get...close? But nothing would actually happen? You know? Like Lightning or back up comes in to knock out Hachirou/distract him so the hold breaks and both of them snap out of it and start moving or something. Just so it gets close enough it's like a jump scare to the audience (a "holy hell this is creepy my god WHAT THE HELL") and then BAM! Lightning/back up saves the day. Fight continues as per normal. Or something.

I also don't think Rin got EATEN by the snake. I'm pretty sure he's just chilling back there. As much as you can chill in the jaws of a demon snake.

On a side note, is it just me or are both Shura and Rin turned away/blocked from being able to see Hachirou and Yukio?

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2016, 08:48:41 PM »
So is it just me or is ShuraxYukio becoming canon...?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #419 on: July 05, 2016, 09:01:44 PM »
I think it's more of a brother/sister thing.