Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136003 times)

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #360 on: November 11, 2015, 12:48:46 PM »
While I'm not up for ShuraxYukio, there is really nothing stopping Kato from pulling  a CLAMP.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »
^ Please no. Regardless the age difference, she would drive him nuts. He's even more wound up than usual when he's around her.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #362 on: November 11, 2015, 03:34:20 PM »
@NeeNee

I wouldn't like the pairing to happen, I'm just saying the age gap thing and the underage thing have been ignored by manga authors in the past.

Honestly, I can't ship Yukio with anyone right now.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #363 on: November 11, 2015, 04:00:34 PM »
Honestly, I can't ship Yukio with anyone right now.

Yeah, Captain I-don't-need-it has to get his marbles back before any romance on his side.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #364 on: November 27, 2015, 04:54:03 AM »
spoilers for chapter 73
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

And, I'm not directing this only at you but,
I always wonder why a lot of you call these girls "fangirls". I think they actually have a love interest for him. I mean, all these school girls fawning over Yukio are not just "fangirls" if they give him love letters or invite him to a dance party, I'd say they really want to go out with him. And why not? "Look, the guy with the best grades of our elite school who's also handsome and seems kind, let's idolize him with no romantic feelings whatsoever and not try at all to get to know him." Is that how it works?
No no no, I know you mean well lol. Maybe I was thinking of the anime at the time where those girls stalked Yukio just so they can feed him lunch.

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #365 on: December 10, 2015, 06:15:23 AM »
Yeah, I really can't ship Yukio with anyone either. In spite of everything that's been going on with him lately, he's at least been smart enough to keep his mouth shut about his feelings for Shiemi and not act on them. He's known since Vol 1 that the one she really likes is Rin, so no sense trying when you've already lost. That's why I never persue romantic relationships.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #366 on: December 10, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »
He's known since Vol 1 that the one she really likes is Rin, so no sense trying when you've already lost. That's why I never persue romantic relationships.

That's.. really sad. I mean, in this case I can understand since Yukio has other things on his mind, but you shouldn't give up trying just because you don't know if you can win. (It's not that I don't understand, but still.)

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #367 on: December 10, 2015, 03:03:44 PM »
I guess I'm just not optimistic about romantic relationships in reality, as I haven't really seen many good examples. And even in fiction, it seems the characters I'm hoping will win never do; in "Cardcaptor Sakura" anime Meiling wanted to be a Cardcaptor and loved Shaoran, but it was Sakura who got to be a Cardcaptor and won Shaoran without even trying. In "Fruits Basket" Kagura really did love Kyo, but it was Tohru who won him, again without even trying, etc. So, in regards to Shiemi, Yukio is at least wise enough not to try.

Offline sherripon

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #368 on: December 12, 2015, 01:45:59 AM »
I guess I'm just not optimistic about romantic relationships in reality, as I haven't really seen many good examples. And even in fiction, it seems the characters I'm hoping will win never do; in "Cardcaptor Sakura" anime Meiling wanted to be a Cardcaptor and loved Shaoran, but it was Sakura who got to be a Cardcaptor and won Shaoran without even trying. In "Fruits Basket" Kagura really did love Kyo, but it was Tohru who won him, again without even trying, etc. So, in regards to Shiemi, Yukio is at least wise enough not to try.

For Meiling I'm gonna argue that because she is an anime original character, she never had a chance to begin with...

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #369 on: December 12, 2015, 02:08:26 AM »
For Meiling I'm gonna argue that because she is an anime original character, she never had a chance to begin with...

Yeah, true enough, though her character was what made the show for me. I became more invested in her then Sakura and Shaoran and I wasn't much interested in the CCS manga canon, though I guess that's off topic.

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #370 on: December 13, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
We can't really base anything right now until the crew gets together. We at least know Shiemi knows that Rin has feelings for her. SO when the crew gets together we will see where things go. Still in the Izumo x Rin, but things are looking alright.

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2015, 02:52:06 AM »
 from what my understanding is after reading ch74, Rin kinda gets it that Yukio likes Shiemi. Probably. This is really weird for 2 bros to like the same girl. If I were Shiemi, what would have I done? wouldn't it look bad on Shiemi's part to pick between 2 of her first friends? I wish she'd end up with someone else instead *maybe bon or someone else lol* im pretty sure izumo could go either with rin or shima. but that's just my bet.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #372 on: December 14, 2015, 09:24:38 AM »
^ I REALLY hope she doesn't end up with Shima. After all the creep-things he did to her, it'd just feel wrong.

Offline Dewchorom

• Exwire
  • An asian and latin american knight
« Reply #373 on: December 14, 2015, 11:51:43 AM »
After all the things that happened to both of them (Rin and Shiemi) , i feel like they will end up together :O thats only a opinion! Haha
Because it would really feel strange if Rin ended wifh Izumo... I think Kato-sensei said that Ao no Exorcist will aproximately end with 25 volumes or a few more... But we've reached the middle of the series and it will be a little strange if Rin started to like Izumo... And all the things and situations that happened with Rin and Shiemi together... Hehehe :O (sorry for the bad english!)
And if I'm not wrong, the title of the chapter 73 is 'Love Awakens', I thought that Rin's love awakened a very long time ago... So the love that awakened probably would be Shiemi's... :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:55:47 AM by Dewchorom »

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #374 on: December 14, 2015, 12:22:21 PM »
Based on chapter 70 and a few others, it seems to me that Izumo will most likely end up with Bon (even though I dont particularly like that pairing). Since the rescue arc, Izumo has exhibited no romantic interest in Rin at all.