Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136162 times)

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2015, 06:44:06 AM »
LET THIS BE MY LAST POST REGARDING SHIPPING BUT if you want rizumo canon you better pray kato pulls off a kishimoto. kato writes her characters' relationships far better than kishi so no trouble with that but if you want the pattern to parallel that of naruto falling for hinata instead  sakura then might as well pray for kato playing kishimoto and let rin fall for izumo instead of shiemi. hehe. PROMISE LAST POST ABOUT SHIPPING. promise.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #331 on: June 28, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »
I can see Rin falling for Izumo if he picks up that Izumo has fallen for him! It would be easy. He likes girls that like him (probably). Does that count as a Kishimoto? (I dropped Naruto so I don't know what happened there.)

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #332 on: June 28, 2015, 07:07:13 PM »
But Kato, please, don't pull a Kishimoto.

What did Kishimoto (author of Naruto) do?

He unleashed the shipping war of most epic proportions ever by:

A) closing the story showing all (literally all) the characters married and/or with children.

B) starting of a sequel revolving around the questioning of the real maternity of the offpring of one of the main ships. (Bonus points: the other candidate to being the real mother was the secondary fan favourite female pairing candidate for the father).

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2015, 12:59:52 AM »
^How can you question who is the real mother? XD Anyway, I don't really want to know.

It's interesting how Izumo turns to Yukio. xD And in volume 15's special chapter she was hiding behind him too. It's like he's her safe guy or something.
I have been thinking about this and... I actually wouldn't be mad at all, even though I ship RinIzu since the bathroom incident, if the ending was a reverse ship of Yukio x Izumo and Rin x Shiemi.
A safe guy is usually not a love interest. It's a guy that for some reason she believes would never harm her and would never try to make advances to her. The reason can be that, in addition to being a nice guy, they're family or he's already married or he's her teacher or her boss or they've known each other for a long time and nothing never happened or he's gay...
Usually girls use safe guys to chase other guys away or they use them to do things they're too shy to ask other guys.
Like, girl:"I need Joe to give me the keys of the lab, but he's in the boy's locker room right now, can you go and ask him for me?" guy:"And you came all the way to the library to ask me? :/ "
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:14:41 AM by chinonamida »

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #334 on: June 30, 2015, 12:49:01 PM »
^How can you question who is the real mother? XD Anyway, I don't really want to know.
I want to know!

A safe guy is usually not a love interest. It's a guy that for some reason she believes would never harm her and would never try to make advances to her. The reason can be that, in addition to being a nice guy, they're family or he's already married or he's her teacher or her boss or they've known each other for a long time and nothing never happened or he's gay...
I agree, but it's fiction, so everything's possible (see: questioned maternity).

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #335 on: June 30, 2015, 08:37:10 PM »
I agree, but it's fiction, so everything's possible.
It's possible in real life too. But even if a girl is in love with a safe guy, she's just going to be turned down, most likely.

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #336 on: July 07, 2015, 03:56:43 AM »
I can see Rin falling for Izumo if he picks up that Izumo has fallen for him! It would be easy. He likes girls that like him (probably). Does that count as a Kishimoto? (I dropped Naruto so I don't know what happened there.)
No, the difference between Izumo and Hinata; is that Hinata stalks Naruto and Izumo is coy about not really showing any emotion towards Rin and when she does she blushes and gets mad. Its been hard to tell if Izumo is going to fall for Rin in the future because we have a lot of material to cover, but I look forward to it though.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2015, 08:46:41 PM »
In chapter 69 Rin says to Shiemi the same thing Yukio said to her in chapter 11.

I wonder about those who commented on it back then, if they'd make the same comments on it now.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2015, 07:07:08 AM »
^ You mean, about Rin being jealous? Yeah, but we already knew that, didn't we?

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2015, 03:26:37 PM »
^ Yeah, but back then some people said Yukio wasn't jealous.

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2015, 10:55:56 PM »
^ Yeah, but back then some people said Yukio wasn't jealous.
I don't know how people didn't think he was jealous by now. Sure it took a while, but you can clearly see it little by little as the series progressed.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #341 on: July 12, 2015, 05:30:16 AM »
Unless you mean back when chapter 11 was released, before it was more obvious that Yukio likes her? Back then people thought Shiemi liked him.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #342 on: July 12, 2015, 07:12:01 AM »
Back then people thought Shiemi liked him.
?
I thought she liked him, still think she liked him and think she still likes him.

Unless you mean back when chapter 11 was released, before it was more obvious that Yukio likes her?
I don't remember when exactly.
Though for as far as I can remember up until the time I stopped following AnE shipping threads, I always saw some people saying Yukio doesn't love Shiemi (Even at the time of chapter 29).
But it was obvious from the start if you ask me.
Especially with yonkoma like that. (She shows him an old family picture and when he sees what her mother looked like when she was younger, he says "I... see...! ... I don't mind at all.") If that doesn't mean "My mind is set on marrying you." I don't know what it means. Haha
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:15:31 AM by chinonamida »

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #343 on: July 12, 2015, 04:50:54 PM »
I agree. I also thought that picture was totally obvious.

But even when I use it as proof, some people say they still don't see it... I have no idea how they do that.

Offline questdrivencollie

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #344 on: July 18, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »
I suppose my mind is still convinced by the anime representation since it's what I saw first. Eh.